• Published 29th Sep 2021
  • 4,589 Views, 371 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk III: Everlasting Family - Mister E-Nonymous



The continuing adventures of Twilight Sparkle, her son, Dusk Shine, and adopted daughter from an alternate Equestria, Nyx, as they go through life living in their newly made castle.

  • ...
4
 371
 4,589

Chapter 2: Sleepover in Another Dimension

Chapter 2: Sleepover in Another Dimension


At Pinkie Pie's house, Twilight, Sunset and the human versions of Twilight's friends were in Pinkie's room, doing different things. Twilight was too busy writing something in a journal.

Pinkie Pie was on her laptop. "Status update: 'Okie dokie lokie'."

Rarity was about to take a selfie with Sunset and Fluttershy. She took it, and when she saw the photo, she noticed that Spike was in the background, holding a dog biscuit that he was about to eat. Rarity glared back at Spike while Fluttershy and Sunset giggled. Spike turned towards Rarity, smirking and with the biscuit in his mouth.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack were playing a video game that was based on the Power Ponies. Since there was a picture of Mane-iac on the video game case. Rainbow Dash was getting irritated that she was losing, Applejack giving a smug look. Rainbow Dash then slammed her hand on the console, stopping the game.

"Hey! Ah was about to beat you!" Applejack complained.

"I doubt it," Rainbow Dash said, giving a smug look. She then looked back at Twilight, which Nyx was sitting next to her. "So, Twilight, how is that counter-spell comin'?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, good," Twilight said, nervously. "Great." She then looked over at Fluttershy, who was holding a plush alligator. "hanks for letting me use your notebook, Fluttershy. I really like the song you wrote for the Rainbooms."

"Thanks," Fluttershy said, before sighing. "Hopefully one day, we'll get a chance to play it."

Rainbow Dash was holding the controller that Applejack had while laughing. Applejack was reaching for it, calling out, "Hey!"

"Twilight, I think I speak for all of us when I say I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't come back to help us," Rarity said, sitting next to Twilight.

"Uh-huh!" said Sunset, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy said.

"Darn tootin'," Applejack said as the others talked.

Then the doorbell just rang and Pinkie called out, "Pizza's here!" Then all of them, except for Twilight and Nyx left the room.

Nyx then looked up at Twilight and said, "Dusk mentioned that humans are able to eat meat."

"Well, luckily, Pinkie ordered us a plain cheese pizza," Twilight said. She then looked at what she wrote, which were just scribbles. She then sighed, and put the journal in a drawer. Pinkie then came back in with a slice of pizza in her mouth.

"Don't you want any pizza?" Pinkie asked. Twilight then got up and headed out of there, Nyx following.

Downstairs, Dusk was just laying on the couch, getting ready to unfold the blanket that was on there. But Pinkie Pie came up to him.

"Whatcha doin', silly?" Pinkie asked.

"Um... unfolding this blanket?" Dusk asked.

"Nuh-uh, not like that," Pinkie said. She then grabbed the blanket and pillow, then she removed the bed covers, and she unfolded the inside of the couch into a bed.

"Wow," Dusk said. "Interesting. I've never seen one of those before. Not even in my previous life." He then got into the bed, but this time Rarity stopped him. "Oh, what now?"

"Well, you can't sleep in those clothes," Rarity answered.

"Seriously?" Dusk asked.

"Which is why I made these for you," Rarity then held out some pajamas for Dusk. "You may as well get comfortable. Good thing I also made some for Nyx as well."

Then Twilight and Nyx came into the room. Twilight then said, "Remember. No eating meat."

"Oh, right," Fluttershy said. "Ponies are herbivores. They can't eat meat."

"Exactly," Twilight said. "But now, let's get eating." Then they headed for the kitchen table.


Later that night, Twilight snuck out of Pinkie's room with Fluttershy's journal. She snuck down to the kitchen so she could do some writing, working on a spell. Instead of writing with her hands, she was writing with her mouth. But, her writing didn't go unheard. She saw Dusk awake, rubbing an eye with his hand.

"Mom?" Dusk asked. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, Dusk," Twilight said after spitting out the pen. "I'm just trying to figure out this counter-spell." She sighed. "No. That's not gonna work." She then rubbed her eyes.

"Hey, Twilight," came Sunset's voice, surprising Twilight. Twilight and Dusk looked towards the voice and saw Sunset standing there. "You're up late."

"Just looking over the counter-spell," Twilight said. "We only get one shot at this. It has to be perfect."

"We really are lucky you're here," Sunset said, opening the fridge.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me," Twilight said, feeling like she's already failing.

"Who could possibly need this much whipped cream?" Sunset asked, looking at all the cans of whipped cream in the fridge.

"Wait until you meet the Pinkie Pie of our dimension," Dusk said. "She basically breaks the laws of physics. Like her certain Pinkie Senses."

"Seriously?" Sunset asked, looking at Twilight.

"I tried figuring out how it happened," Twilight said. "I ended up getting hurt a lot that day. There was a lot of things that Pinkie did that didn't make any possible sense. So, we just went with it."

"Must be nice to have everyone always looking to you for answers to their problems... instead of waiting for you to cause a problem," Sunset said, feeling a little bad for what she did.

"Just because everyone expects something from you doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen," Twilight said.

"Well, that doesn't stop them from expecting it," Sunset said.

"Which only makes things harder because the last thing you want to do is..." Twilight said until she and Sunset spoke in unison.

"...let everybody down." Then the two of them looked at each other with shocked, then sympathetic looks. Sunset then closed the refrigerator door, and there stood a gray skinned girl with purple hair. What else would you expect from a human version of Maud Pie. She shocked Sunset.

"Boulder was hungry," Maud said, before grabbing a box of crackers and dumping it onto her pet rock. She then walked off, leaving Twilight, Sunset and Dusk to stare at her.

"I still can't get over the fact that she's related to Pinkie Pie," Sunset said.

"You and me both!" Twilight said.

"Ditto!" Dusk called out. Just then, Spike woke up.

"What's it take to get some proper sleep around here?!" Spike then got up, and grabbed a pillow, and tried walking off the bed, but he tripped and fell onto the floor. He then looked at his paws. "Right. Forgot I was a dog." He then got up on all fours, grabbed the pillow with his mouth, and headed towards the room with the other girls.

Sunset then yawned and said, "I better get some sleep. Good luck with the counter-spell. Not that you'll need it." That made Twilight feel a little bad. "This must be nothing compared with the stuff you're expected to deal with as a princess in Equestria."

"Sunset Shimmer?" Twilight called out to get the latter's attention. Twilight was too nervous to say anything. She then said, "...Never mind. It's not important." Sunset then smiled awkwardly and then headed off. "No, I have to be able to do this. I have to."

"Mom?" Dusk asked, getting Twilight's attention. "Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, Dusk," Twilight said, sitting on the bed with Dusk. "It's been a while since we been to this world, and we only come here for some missions. I need to find a way to stop the Sirens."

"Usually, everything has a source," Dusk said. "Like how King's Sombra's dark power comes from his horn."

"You got a point, Dusk," Twilight said. "But, we don't know the source of the power of the sirens. They've done a lot of things to this world for the past 1000 years. How are we able to find a source?"

"There has to be something that gives them their power," Dusk said.

Twilight then looked outside and said, "Get some sleep. It's late." Twilight then tucked Dusk back into bed. Dusk nodded and Twilight kissed him on the forehead. Dusk fell asleep and Twilight headed back to the room with the other girls, and now, Spike was in there, and he was already in Fluttershy's arms.


The next morning, the group got up and headed out for breakfast at a diner. Of course, the diner had some outdoor tables. Since the restaurant doesn't allow dogs inside the building.

"So, how's that counter-spell coming along?" Sunset asked, looking at Twilight.

"Still having trouble finding a way to find the right words," Twilight said. Then she looked at her hands. "It's also hard for me to write with these. Like when I was trying to sign my name for the Fall Formal Princess sign up sheet."

"You said it," Pinkie said. "That was really, really bad."

"Well, we're going to have to find a way to stop them," Rainbow Dash said. "We'll just try out what's there."

"Alright," Twilight said. "We're have to go somewhere to practice."

"Well, we all do some rehearsals at mah family's garage," Applejack said. "Let's get goin'." Then they all got up and headed out of there. Luckily, they already payed the check, thanks to Rarity's generosity.

Unbeknownst to them, another girl came in and sat at a different table, accompanied by two kids. I'll give you a hint who that girl is.

And the two kids accompanied her were Dusk and Nyx. Of course this Nyx had glasses, and both of them were older than the Dusk and Nyx of Equestria. About the same ages of the Human Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Alright, you two," Sci-Twi said, "we're just here for a quick bite, and then back home. I still have some experimenting to do." What she didn't see was all the people staring at her in confusion. Sci-Twi then looked around and asked, "Why are they looking at me like that?"

"Maybe it's the hair, big sis," Dusk's counterpart said, jokingly, getting a smack in the head.

"Not time for jokes, Dusk," Sci-Twi said.

"We also have to study for that test we have on Monday, Dusk," Nyx's counterpart said. "Man, Crystal Prep is a lot harder than our last school."

"I know how you feel, Dusk," Sci-Twi said. "But, we're just gonna have to make the best of it. Mom and Dad didn't waste good money just so we can blow off our studies. Let's not forget, Principal Cinch wants us to be at our best and nothing less."

"Sounds more like she wants her school to be number 1 at everything," Dusk's counterpart said. "Even coach Iron Will is pushing us too hard." He then rubbed his shoulder. "I'm still aching from trying to lift those barbells."

"Luckily, Cadance got us out of there," Nyx's counterpart said. "She got us into a study hall halfway out of every gym class."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Sci-Twi said. "But, Mom, Dad and Shining are all out of town and Cadance is watching us until they get back. Glad she's our sister-in-law."

"Yeah, she is," Dusk's and Nyx's counterparts said in unison. Then they looked at the restaurant menus. Then one old woman walked over towards Sci-Twi and asked her a question.

"Excuse me, but didn't you in here with some friends of yours?"

"I'm sorry, but I think you've mistook me for someone else," Sci-Twi said.

"Oh, my apologies," the old woman said. "I could've sworn someone that looks a lot like you came here earlier." She then headed back to her table.

"I think someone needs to get new glasses," Sci-Twi said.

"Wasn't that Dusty Pages, the head librarian at the city library?" Nyx's counterpart asked.

"I think it was," Dusk's counterpart said.

"Alright, you two, pick what you wanna eat," Sci-Twi said. She then thought of something. Then she shook her head and said, "Nah." She then looked at the menu to see what she wanted to eat.

Author's Note:

This is gonna be one interesting adventure. Hopefully Twilight, Dusk and Nyx don't bump into Sci-Twi and her little brother and sister in that dimension too early. Although, that would be hard to explain to a lot of people.