• Published 29th Sep 2021
  • 4,581 Views, 371 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk III: Everlasting Family - Mister E-Nonymous



The continuing adventures of Twilight Sparkle, her son, Dusk Shine, and adopted daughter from an alternate Equestria, Nyx, as they go through life living in their newly made castle.

  • ...
4
 371
 4,581

Chapter 9: Daylight Savings

Chapter 9: Daylight Savings


A few days had passed since the Grand Galloping Gala. Dusk, Nyx, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the Tri-Pies went into the Ponyville Schoolhouse. The Tri-Pies were happy that their friends were able to go to the Grand Galloping Gala, and they missed out.

"You guys are all lucky to have gone to the Grand Galloping Gala," Cherry Pie said as all of them were heading to their seats.

"Yeah," Blueberry Pie said. "Too bad Mom could only bring one pony."

"At least Auntie Maud was able to go," Raspberry Pie said.

"And just yesterday, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash just left fer Griffonstone for somethin'," Apple Bloom said. Then the school bell rang, and Cheerilee came in.

"Alright, my little ponies," Cheerilee said. "Everypony to your seats." Then all of the students headed towards their desks. Cheerilee then stood tall and said, "Everypony, I have an announcement. We have a new student joining us."

"Oh, great," Diamond Tiara said in a mean tone. "A new loser for us to handle. We already have too many losers already." That comment made the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Dusk, Nyx and the Tri-Pies get angry at Diamond Tiara.

"Anyway, meet our new student," Cheerilee said. "Her name... is Daylight Savings." Then the class looked towards the door and in came a new filly. The filly had a sky blue coat, a thick mane and tail with light orange, yellow and pink hair, and a pair of beautiful light green eyes. Also, coming from her forehead was a unicorn horn. "She just recently moved here and is wanting to get to know all the good ponies. So, I need a volunteer to help her adjust and show her around. Any volunteers?"

Then the Tri-Pies each raised a hoof, all of them chanting "Pick me!" multiple times.

Cheerilee thought about it, and thinking that those three were basically the daughters of Pinkie Pie, she'd think that they would be too much for Daylight Savings to handle. She then looked at Nyx and said, "Nyx, why don't you show Daylight around? Since you are the smartest one in the class."

"Oh, um... I guess?" Nyx said, smiling nervously. Nyx then looked over at Daylight Savings, got up from her seat, and walked towards the new filly.

"Looks like Nyx is gonna be busy for the rest of the school day," Dusk said, whispering towards Apple Bloom, who replied with a nod.


Later during recess, all of the fillies and colts headed out to the playground, which was damaged. Nyx and Daylight Savings were the last ones out of the schoolhouse. The two of them headed out for the swing set, which was damaged along with the other things on the playground.

"Sheesh," Daylight Savings said. "What happened here?"

"Apparently, the playground got damaged when my mom, Princess Twilight Sparkle, was fighting with a magic sucking centaur, Lord Tirek," Nyx replied. "Dusk and I weren't here during that battle because if Tirek knew about us, he would hunt us down and take our magic. If he got my magic..." She then sighed. "Let's just say I would end up as nothing but black shreds."

"Wow," said Daylight Savings. "So, where were you when all of that happened?"

"Me and Dusk were with Grandma and Grandpa on a Zeppelin Cruise," Nyx said. "Twilight wanted us to be safe with that crazy centaur on the loose." She then sighed. "So, you want to hang out with me and my friends?"

"Sure," Daylight Savings replied. Then the two of them were about to head off, but they were blocked off by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"I don't think so, Nightmare Moon," Diamond Tiara said, smirking. "You are no longer allowed on this playground. Or in Equestria."

That made Nyx scrunch her face in anger and she replied, "Just because you're in a rich family doesn't mean you can do whatever you want and tell ponies what you want to do."

"Don't listen to them, Nyx," Daylight said to the alicorn filly. "She's just the class loser." That made Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon gasp.

"What... did you call me?" Diamond Tiara said in an angry tone.

"Come on, Nyx," Daylight said. "Why don't you introduce me to your friends?" Nyx smiled and nodded. Then the two of them headed off towards Nyx's friends, but they were cut off again.

"Don't you dare walk away from me!" Diamond Tiara snapped. "I'm going to to make sure that you are going to respect me!" She was about to hit Daylight, but a magenta aura surrounded Diamond's foreleg, preventing Diamond from hitting Daylight. "What?!"

Dusk Shine, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the Tri-Pies walked over towards Nyx, Daylight and the schoolhouse bullies, his horn lit up in the same aura that was surrounding Diamond Tiara's horn.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Dusk said, an angry look on his face.

"Stay out of this, loser," Diamond Tiara said. "The new filly has to pay the price for calling me a loser!"

"What's going on here?!" came Cheerilee's voice.

"Diamond Tiara was already trying to cause trouble," Nyx said. "She was trying to convince Daylight that she doesn't belong anywhere."

"Well, she called me a loser!" Diamond Tiara pointed a hoof at Daylight.

"I was taught that all bullies are the real losers because they don't have any real friends, except for those who don't want to be bullied," Daylight said.

Cheerilee sighed and said, "Diamond Tiara, every time we get a new student, you seem to pick on them. First Dusk Shine, then Nyx and now Daylight Savings. You have been nothing but trouble for the entire class. For the rest of the semester, you will be spending all of recess, and an hour after school, inside, sitting in your desk in silence, with me watching you."

"What?!" Diamond Tiara shouted. "You can't do that!" Diamond Tiara then growled and charged at Daylight, but then she was grabbed in Dusk's magic. She was then levitated over towards Cheerilee, who then grabbed Diamond's ear. "Ow ow ow ow ow! Stop it!" Diamond Tiara was dragged into the schoolhouse for the rest of recess.

Nyx then looked at Daylight and asked, "So, you want to play with us with what's not broken?" Daylight nodded and they headed over to a part of the playground that wasn't damaged.


After school, almost all of the foals left the schoolhouse. Dusk, Nyx, the CMC and the Tri-Pies were walking together heading back towards town.

"So, what are you all gonna do for the rest of the day?" Nyx asked, looking at the other girls in the group.

"Well, since Mom's out of town, we might as well do what she usually does when a new pony comes to town," Cherry Pie said, making Dusk, Nyx and the CMC think on that. But then the Tri-Pies said something in unison.

"A 'Welcome to Ponyville Party!'" the Tri-Pies shouted in unison and smile big.

"We're gonna head on over to Sugarcube Corner and get all of Mom's party planning stuff ready!" Blueberry Pie said.

"It's gonna be awesome!" Raspberry Pie said. Then the Tri-Pies rushed away from the group.

"Of course," Dusk said. "Like mother, like daughters." He then looked over at Nyx and said, "Kinda like you." Nyx nodded. Then the two looked over at Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. "So, what are you three going to do?"

"We're gonna think of ways so we can find our Cutie Marks," Sweetie Belle said.

"And we're not gonna stop until we get them," Scootaloo said.

"Let's get goin' girls," Apple Bloom said. She then looked at Dusk and said, "Ya can join us if ya want, Dusk."

"Sure," Dusk said. "I got nothing better to do today." Then Dusk and the girls headed off somewhere. Unbeknownst to them, Daylight Savings poked her head from behind the schoolhouse with a smile on her face. She then turned around, and standing on the same side of the schoolhouse were both Princesses Celestia and Luna.

"So, Dusk didn't know who you are?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Nope," Daylight said. "Although, I haven't gotten the chance to meet him back on Earth... because..." She then sighed sadly. Princess Luna used a hoof to make Daylight look up at her.

"It'll be alright, Daylight," Princess Luna said. "We shall make sure that you'll have a loving family. And I'm sure that you will have as much time with your long lost brother than you've been waiting for." That made Daylight smile.

"Come on, Daylight," Princess Celestia said. "We must go on and meet with Twilight Sparkle. It'll give us enough time before Dusk and Nyx get back to the castle." Then the three of them headed away from there.


Outside of the Castle of Friendship, Dusk, Nyx and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were walking up the steps. They went in and looked around.

Dusk then called out, "Mom! Spike! We're home!"

Just then, the sound of a door opening came and coming down the hall was Spike. Spike stopped right in front of the five foals.

"Glad you all are here," Spike said. "We got some guests."

"Guests?" Nyx asked. "Were we expecting somepony?"

"It was a surprise visit," Spike said. "From Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. And they brought a guest."

Then they all headed into the throne room where they saw Twilight, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sitting in three of the thrones. Twilight was sitting in her own throne, Princess Celestia was sitting in Rainbow Dash's throne, and Princess Luna was sitting in Fluttershy's throne. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna looked towards the two and smiled.

"Hello, my little ponies," Princess Celestia said with a smile on her face. Then Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo started bowing. Then Nyx started bowing, but then she remembered that she didn't need to bow. Princess Celestia chuckled and said, "I see that you remembered that you don't have to bow, Nyx."

"She had that problem back in her Equestria," Princess Luna said.

Twilight smiled and then looked back at the foals. She then said to the Cutie Mark Crusaders, "You can all rise." The Cutie Mark Crusaders stood up. "Dusk, Nyx, how was school today?"

"It was good," Dusk said. "We got a new student today."

"A new student?" Twilight asked. "Well that's interesting? What's the student's name, gender and pony race?"

"Daylight Savings, girl, and unicorn," Nyx said.

Twilight smiled and said, "Well, it would seem that we have another guest with us." Then Twilight looked over at the thrones, and sitting in Applejack's throne came...

"Daylight Savings?!" Dusk, Nyx and the Crusaders gasped.

Daylight then hopped out of the throne and walked over towards the princesses. She smiled at the group.

"There's something about Daylight Savings that you need to know," Princess Celestia said to the foals. "Mostly for you, Dusk Shine."

"What do you mean, Celestia?" Dusk asked, confusion all over his face.

"You see, Daylight Savings was once a human, like yourself," Princess Celestia said.

"She was a human?" Dusk asked.

"Mm-hmm," Daylight hummed while nodding. "Surprised?"

"Very," Dusk replied. "How come you never brought it up?"

Princess Celestia walked up to Dusk and said, "Because we tasked her not to tell you, until right now. This specific human was just recently orphaned."

"Oh, man," Dusk said.

"What happened?" Nyx asked.

"Mommy got killed," Daylight said. "And my daddy died of lung cancer just a few days ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Nyx said, hugging Daylight. She then sighed and asked, "What were their names before you came here?"

Daylight gave a nervous smile and said, "Funny you should mention that."

"Huh?" Dusk and Nyx asked in unison.

"Dusk... Daylight Savings was originally... the daughter of your original parents," Princess Celestia explained, making Dusk's eyes narrow to at least the size of a bit coin. Dusk slowly walked up to Daylight.

"You're... you're Sam?" Dusk asked.

Daylight nodded, then she hugged Dusk. Daylight then said, "Ever since I heard about you, Henry... I wished that one day I would get to meet you. Never did I imagine that you would be in an entirely different body."

Dusk was surprised that his human little sister was now there with him in Equestria. He was certain that he wasn't going to see, let alone meet her. Dusk then returned the hug, knowing that he actually got a chance to actually meet her.

"So, where does she get to stay?" Nyx asked.

"I'm actually glad you brought that up, Nyx," Twilight said. "Princess Celestia had informed me about Daylight Savings really being the sister of Dusk, before he came to Equestria, and long before she was born. I hope you don't mind, Nyx, but I'm having her bunk with you in your room."

"Really?" Nyx asked.

"Uh-huh," Twilight said. "Your grandparents are already in there, setting up the bunk bed we just installed in there."

"A bunk bed?" Nyx asked. She then ran out of the room. Then the others followed into Nyx's bedroom. They saw that the bunk bed was almost finished. "Whoa."

Velvet and Night Light looked towards the group and smiled. Velvet smiled and said, "So, I see that you've already got the message."

"Whoa," Nyx said, looking at the bunk bed.

"Yeah," Velvet said. "Night Light and I have been working on it for the past two hours."

"Really?" Twilight asked. "I thought you'd handle all of the instructions with ease?"

"Well, I might have dropped the screws," Night Light said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"And now, there's one thing that needs to be asked," Velvet said. "Who gets the top bunk?"

Nyx and Daylight looked at each other, and then Daylight smiled and said, "I think we should let Nyx get the top bunk. She does have wings after all."

Nyx then looked back and unfolded her wings. She then smiled and said, "I guess that could work." Then Velvet and Night Light used their magic to put Nyx's mattress on the top bunk. Just then, the Tri-Pies came into the bedroom.

"There you are, Daylight!" Cherry Pie said.

"Come with us!" Blueberry Pie said.

"We got something to show you!" Raspberry Pie said. Then the three of them pushed Daylight out of the room. Everypony else looked at each other and then followed Daylight and the Tri-Pies to where they were going. They then went into the Castle's ballroom, which was...

"SURPRISE!!" all of the ponies of Ponyville shouted. Well, not all of them. There were some ponies that were not there. The Tri-Pies didn't invite Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and not even Spoiled Rich.

"Wha... What is all of this?" Daylight asked.

"Should've known that the Tri-Pies would do the same thing their mother would," Dusk said. "It's a "Welcome to Ponyville" Party. Whenever there's a new pony in town, Pinkie Pie usually throws a party for that pony. She took it easy on me since I came from a tough life."

"I got mine twice," Nyx said. "I was originally from a different Equestria."

"I guess that makes sense," Daylight said.

Princess Celestia walked in and said, "Well, I hope you will enjoy your stay here. If something comes up, don't be hesitant to let me or Luna know." Daylight nodded, then walked over to the snack table. The ponies there said hello to Daylight as she was on her way to the snack table. Twilight and Dusk smiled that Daylight was getting used to her new surroundings. Hopefully, they'll all get to know Daylight a little more.


Later that night, in Nyx's room, Nyx and Daylight were laying in the bunk bed. Nyx was asleep until she heard the sound of somepony whimpering. She opened her eyes and looked down on the bottom bunk, seeing Daylight struggle in her sleep. Nyx got down from her bunk and went to comfort Daylight.

"Daylight?" Nyx asked, shaking the human turned filly. "C'mon, Daylight. Wake up."

Daylight woke up and put a hoof to her chest. She then started breathing heavily. She looked over at Nyx with tears coming out of the corners of her eyes.

"What were you dreaming of?" Nyx asked.

"It... it was my daddy's death," Daylight said. "Instead of Princess Luna coming to take me with her to Equestria, Aunt Bonnie came and took me away. No one, not even the police, came and helped me. Not even when I tried explaining what she and Devon did to Henry."

"Henry?" Nyx asked. But then she remembered that Henry was Dusk's original name. "Oh, that's right. Dusk was originally your older brother." She then sighed. "Daylight, no matter what happens, we'll make sure that you won't be a tortured like how your brother was."

Daylight smiled at that and said, "Thank you." Then the two of them hugged. Not knowing that both Twilight and Dusk were looking through the crack of the door, both of them smiling.

"We'll wait a few days," Twilight whispered. "When she feels comfortable, I'll ask her if she'd let me adopt her. That way, the two of you will be officially siblings again."

"Thanks, mom," Dusk said, hugging Twilight's leg. Twilight then pulled Dusk in for a big hug, even having her wings in with the hug.

"Now, let's get to bed," Twilight whispered. Then the two headed over to their own separate bedrooms, getting into their own beds for a good night sleep.

Author's Note:

Well, now that Samantha/Daylight Savings has arrived in Ponyville, things will start to get more interesting for Twilight's family. Even a fact that Dusk Shine now has his sister from his human life. This is going to be one interesting life from now on.

Thanks to Lorenzo for the image.