• Published 11th Oct 2021
  • 1,188 Views, 10 Comments

Metamorphosed - Applefai

  • ...
4
 10
 1,188

Incubation

Moments passed until Twilight spoke up. "I'm sorry Thorax, but we can't. We'll happily help you where we can, but we can't afford to become changelings."

"But if you try to get to Chrysalis' new hive, she'll know you're coming for sure, she knows your smell, if you were changelings, you could look and smell like anything to get the upper hand. It may take a couple of months for the transformation to complete, but I believe it's worth it." Thorax protested, trying to reason with the princess.

"Thorax! We can't." Twilight raised her voice in a stern, but still caring tone."

"Listen sugarcube, I get that you're worried, but I have to help on the farm. I can't afford to be away for months, even if it's a couple." Applejack interjected.

Rainbow rubbed the back of her head as she spoke. "I'm sorry, but I have to be at the ready if the Wonderbolts need me." Rainbow said apologetically.

"I as well, have to politely decline your request, I have to run my boutiques, I can't afford to be away." Rarity informed Thorax.

"And I couldn't possibly be away for months, I have to care for sick and injured animals, I'm terribly sorry, Thorax." Fluttershy said as she twiddled her thumbs.

Starlight then spoke up. "Everypony has their responsibilities and are way too busy just to practically disappear for months, we really need to think about a decision like this through, Thorax." Starlight said before Twilight interjected.

"Not to mention, if word got out that Equestria's protectors just vanished, surely we'll be invaded, putting more lives at risk just to help you." Twilight spoke as kindly as she could, all Thorax could do was give a slight nod.

"You're all right, I'm sorry, I forgot about your other responsibilities and the fact that you're all Equestria's most important means of defense." Thorax said as he tried to ponder another way.

Twilight put her hand on Thorax's shoulder. "We'll help you in any way we can, but we can't just-"

"WE'LL DO IT!" Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders said in unison, cutting Twilight off. Another wave of silence swept through the area as the reality of what they all said sunk in.

"Apple Bloom, what the hay?!" Applejack exclaimed with worry in her voice.

"Scoots, no." Rainbow Dash spoke with sadness in her voice.

"Look, y'all are too important to just disappear for months, like Spike said no one will take notice if we disappear, but they'll take notice if any of you do." Apple Bloom said.

"No way, Apple Bloom. Ya can't just make a decision like this." Applejack said, trying to talk her sister out of it.

"I'm sorry sis, but I don't care. I want to help and I'm going to do it." Apple Bloom said standing up to her sis.

"And what's your excuse, squirt you can't just go doing this without your parents knowing."

"Honestly, I do stuff without them knowing all the time. I know that they love me, but with them hardly around it feels like I'm raising myself." Scootaloo said, pleading her case.

"And why do you want to do this, darling?" Rarity asked Sweetie Belle.

"I just really want to help, since you can't, I figured I would." Sweetie answered.

"Are you sure about this, Spike? You know it'll be irreversible?" Twilight asked Spike.

"I'm sure Twilight, like you said, without you Equestria will surely fall, and as Apple Bloom said no one would take notice if we vanished for months, no villain's at least." Spike said as he gave Twilight his reasoning.

Twilight sat and pondered. "You all have valid points, but this should be planned out carefully." Twilight said.

"The more time we think about this, the less time we have for action." Spike said as he hugged Twilight. "Please just let us do this."

"Alright Spike, if you feel like you need to do this then go do it. Although I will miss you." Twilight said.

"Don't worry I'll come and visit." Spike said, hugging her close.

"That goes double for you, Apple Bloom." Apple Jack said, realizing Apple Bloom's mind was made up.

"Keep in touch, squirt." Rainbow said, patting Scootaloo on the back.

"Just be careful, darling." Rarity told her sister, hugging her.

"I thank you four for helping." Thorax said to the crusaders and Spike. "And don't worry, they can move back in with you all anytime they want, but rest assured, we'll take good care of them." Thorax reassured Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity.

"Thank you Thorax, if you wouldn't mind, could we see them off?" Twilight asked.

"Sure, they should be done in two months if you all want to see them out as well, follow me." Thorax said as he led them into a chamber with four cocoons ready and a mortar filled with some green substance rested on a table.

"Alright, for the transformation, all four of you will have to get into these pods." Thorax said as he picked up the mortar with the green substance. "We just need to apply this cream to you four liberally, it will speed up the process a bit." Thorax continued as he and the other changelings began applying the substances to the crusaders and Spike.

Five minutes passed and the changelings and Thorax had finished putting the special cream on Spike and the cmc, Scootaloo looked at the mirror with the cream on her body; knowing that once the transformation starts, there will be no turning back now. So, Spike put his arm around her.

The cmc and Spike start to get in their pods, Scootaloo goes in first. "I should tell you after the pod closes it will fill with liquid, but try to remain calm you'll be able to breathe in it." Thorax told Scootaloo as she stepped inside, the little liquid that was in there was between her toes and felt warm to the touch, and a little slimy, as she leaned back the pod began to close and her heart started racing, she could feel every beat and almost hear it. Before the pod closed completely she let out a scream.

"WAIT!, I-I changed my mind, I d-don't want to do this." She says as she starts to hyperventilate and shake causing Thorax to open the pod back up.

"Are you sure?" Thorax asked, shocked at this sudden change of heart.

"I-I'm sorry, I just c-can't, I'm scared." Scootaloo admits before Spike comes in and hugs her.

"It's ok, I'm here, and if it's ok with Thorax, I'll share your pod with you." Spike said as he hugged her close.

They both look to Thorax who gives an approving nod. "Two people can share the same pod, it won't change the process." He said as he started to close the pod again. Spike pulls Scootaloo into a hug as she leans on his chest, with his arm wrapped around her Scootaloo starts to calm down as the liquid begins to fill up, the last thing they see is their friends staring at them as the liquid covers their entire body and they slip off into sleep.