• Published 11th Oct 2021
  • 1,187 Views, 10 Comments

Metamorphosed - Applefai

  • ...
4
 10
 1,187

A proposition

The changelings whooped and hollered as the changeling gorbfest was underway, there were booths selling confectionery dishes, while some booths had games of all kinds, a large table was the centerpiece of the festivities lined with food of all kinds.

The changelings and ponies have been allies for a while now and the ponies thought it'd be a good time to go to a gorbfest, the mane six along with Spike, Starlight, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders walked into the changeling kingdom, each of the mane six carrying a dish they had made and brought for the potluck.

Rarity brought a croquembouche, Fluttershy got a garbage salad, Applejack worked hard on A+ with a big tub of apple crisp, Pinkie Pie tossed a Mississippi mud cake, Rainbow Dash showed off with a party platter of her favorite pasta and potato sandwiches with sourdough bread, and Twilight carried a vegetarian Lasagna..

The mane six settled down their dishes on the table as Thorax greeted them with a warm smile.

"Hey, you guys made it."

"Of course we made it, we're friends now, and I really wanted to see what a gorbfest is like." Twilight said as she came up and hugged Thorax, giving rise to his blush. Twilight chuckled and placed a kiss on his cheek. Thorax and Twilight have been going steady for a while, it's amazing how they made their long-distance relationship work, but with magic, it was probably a bread and butter.

The gorbfest went on with every creature enjoying themselves, Spike won a prize for Scootaloo at one of the booths, with Scootaloo hugging Spike out of sheer joy, all seemed fine except Thorax. The changeling king seemed on edge.

Twilight noticed this and pulled him aside, making sure they were out of earshot Twilight spoke.

"Thorax, what's wrong? You seem to be uneager and reluctant. Don't you dare lie to me." she said, knowing that Thorax would try and put on a brave face.

Thorax tinted a bit and rubbed the back of his head with his hand, "hehe, we've been dating for three months and you can already read me like a book huh?" Thorax said while making a joke out of Twilight's hobby. Twilight playfully nudged him in the arm.

"Very funny Thorax." Twilight said red-faced before she continued. "But please, tell me what's wrong, I hate seeing you so tense and it's bad to hold stuff in like this." Twilight said while holding his arm.

"I know." Thorax said as he stroked her head then proceeded to hold her cheeks. "I promise I'll tell you what's going on, but not here. After the guests leave I want you and your friends to stay behind ok?

Twilight blushed bright red as her tail swished to the side a bit. "Ok, Thorax, I trust you. You're never one to deceive." Twilight said as she came in to hug Thorax.

"That's my girl." Thorax said as he softly kissed her forehead. "Come on, let's enjoy the fest." Thorax said as he walked Twilight out from where they were talking.

Rainbow noticed. "There you lovebugs are, what were you doing back there? Something naughty?" Rainbow Dash says teasing them causing both of them to blush.

"RAINBOW!" Applejack yelled. "Quit making them blush redder than mah apples, they may have been dating for months and we all know about it, but don't tease 'em like a dog with a ball." Applejack scolded Rainbow as she just shrugs and goes to a cider sampling booth.

The Gorbfest went on throughout the day and the participants enjoyed themselves, at the end of the fest all of the attendees went home, all except the mane six, Spike, Starlight, and the Crusaders.

Thorax approaches Twilight and her friends as the last of the guest's leaves. "I'm glad you all came, there are other reasons why I invited you all, I'm sorry for not informing you earlier. If you would all follow me." Thorax said as he leads his friends to a secluded area of the changeling hive. Thorax stops at a door that has two guards stationed at the entrance, one being his brother Pharynx. He turns to his friends with a serious expression. "What I'm about to show you, stays between us, I don't want the entire hive to know just yet," Thorax said as he slowly opened the door to reveal a black unreformed changeling bond to a chair.

Everyone besides Thorax gasped at the sight. The changeling was flailing around trying to get free. "Release me now!" he bellowed with hate in his eyes.

Thorax closed the door and sighed. "We captured him at our border hiding in a bush with a notepad and binoculars, we think he's a spy for Queen Chrysalis which only means one thing, we fear that she has started a new hive and is raising an army to invade us, hopefully without information on us, we staved off the attack.

"So you're all safe right?" Twilight asked with concern in her voice.

Thorax looked down. "Hopefully for now, but if our fears do come to fruition, we are doomed. We are underprepared and we lack some numbers, which is why I was hoping that you, Twilight, you, and friends will become changelings and help us when the time is right.

A deafening silence befell the mane six as the weight of Thorax's proposal sank in. Each one of them was silent in contemplation with Twilight thinking if it was even possible to change others into a different species.

Thorax broke the silence. "I know this is a big request, but if we don't raise our numbers, surely Queen Chrysalis will prevail. We do have a way to change you into changelings, but it is permanent, it will alter your appearance and abilities, but you'll still retain your memories." Thorax informed them of what was at risk.

The silence continued as all the mane six contemplated in utter silence.