• Published 11th Oct 2021
  • 1,187 Views, 10 Comments

Metamorphosed - Applefai

  • ...
4
 10
 1,187

The Battle

Thorax and the other changelings rushed to their stations, in the middle of the dark cloud Chrysalis could be seen leading the charge. Some changelings shook with fear but stood their ground as Chrysalis landed.

"Hello my former subjects, it has been far too long." Chrysalis hissed as she walked up to Thorax.

"Hello, Chrysalis. I'm surprised you're not attacking." Thorax answered her greeting, standing tall and unfazed.

"Oh Thorax, what good would that do. You are still changelings, I'll let you live if you renounce friendship and surrender the hive to me, or you can stand your ground and have multiple casualties on your hands." Chrysalis threatened.

Thorax sat there in silence for a few minutes before answering. "No, you will leave peacefully or we'll fight you off. We will not renounce friendship and will defend it with our dying breath.

"Humpf, so be it." Chrysalis sneered as she flew back up into the air and ordered the attack.

Thorax ordered his soldiers to attack and a battle began. Clashes of swords rang out as each side started taking each other's lives, Spike and the cmcs helped fight off the assault. Their training paid off as they evaded attack after attack.

The fighting raged on for hours, which turned to nights, which eventually became a month. Both sides suffered heavy losses as the battlefield became a graveyard. Thorax ran through battle plans with his brother, Pharynx. Deciding to do a frontal assault, they decided to send Spike and Scootaloo to attack Chrysalis.

Sneaking around enemy lines, Spike and Scootaloo heard sounds of battle in the distance, Scootaloo felt a little worried for her friends as Spike grabbed her hand in his. "They'll be alright, Scoots." He assured her as they pressed forward.

Arriving at Chrysalis' base, they easily took out the guards and made their way to Chrysalis. Tasked with killing her, Spike snuck up to her chair only to find it empty and then a sharp pain in his back and blood seeping out.

Screaming in horror as he fell, Scootaloo saw Chrysalis standing over him, "oh, don't worry, he's still alive…….for now." Chrysalis laughed evilly as Spike laid in a pool of blood. "He'll bleed out slowly." She continued as Scootaloo watched with tears in her eyes, but her sadness became rage as she grabbed her knife and rushed the evil Changeling.

Following the struggle, Scootaloo was able to plunge her knife into Chrysalis' side as she screamed and backed away. Knowing that her numbers are dwindling and she's just been injured, Chrysalis orders a tactical retreat. Thorax's troops storm in as they attend to Spike's wounds.

A few hours passed since Chrysalis retreated, hopefully, it'll be a while before they have to deal with her. Scootaloo sat in the waiting room as the doctors worked on Spike.

A month had passed since the final battle, still in the changeling kingdom, Scootaloo prepares a few sandwiches and drinks on a tray. Grabbing the tray and walking into a room she sees how Spike is doing who now has bandages where he was stabbed wrapped around him. Giggling at the sight, Scootaloo sits down on the side of the bed with the tray. "How's my mummy doing?" She asks jokingly.

"Hey, come on, that hurt for real." Spike said while blushing and giving a slight giggle. Wrapping his arms around Scootaloo and pulling her close he smiles. "I'm doing better now that you're here." Spike said as he kissed Scootaloo causing her to blush.

Scootaloo lays her head on Spike's exposed chest as Thorax watches from a distance before leaving them alone.

Comments ( 6 )

Awesome.

Chrysalis laughed evilly as Spik laid in a pool of blood

You miss the word 'Spike' with an E.

Good start so far, hope to see more

Chapters could be longer. Aim for 1k to 2k long chapters.

It's an interesting concept, but the writing is not the best. I'm not any better at writing than thee, so I guess I shouldn't say that.

Interesting story. Looking forward to reading more.

Login or register to comment