• Published 31st Jul 2021
  • 3,221 Views, 141 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 3) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard all seek to keep the peace between the two worlds together while they all now deal with the threat of Scar who's return is now threatening that very balance.

  • ...
2
 141
 3,221

Episode 20: Ono, Fluttershy, and the Egg

Episode 20:

Ono, Fluttershy, and the Egg

On another patrol on another peaceful day in the Pride Lands, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Ono perform a flight scout of Mizimu Grove for any signs of trouble. So far everything was good with nothing urgent to tend to.

“All quiet in Mizimu Grove, Kion!” Ono reported.

“No danger here!” Rainbow added to which had Fluttershy sighing in relief.

“Thanks, Ono, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy.” Kion nodded before turning to press forward. “Let's check out Hakuna Matata Falls, then we can head to...” Suddenly they heard the ground rumbling down below. “You guys hear that?”

Pinkie’s tail started twitching while shaking and vibrating in place. “Yep. I…feel…it…tooooo.”

“It sounds like... A stampede?” Fuli guessed while Ono and Rainbow take a look of what’s going on from the skies.

“Yep.” Rainbow answered. “It's a stampede, all right.” The source of the stampede proved to be smaller than what they initially expected.

“What the…” Kyoga said in a surprised tone.

“A stampede of hyraxes!” Ono added when said hyraxes come running by.

“Aww, It's a stampede of cuteness.” Beshte awed which had the lioness shaking her head in dismay that’s what’s causing the nearby commotion.

“I wonder what's got them so upset.” Fluttershy curiously wondered while both her flying partners looked up to investigate.

“That's what!” Ono reported directing everyone’s attention to a big silver-furred flyer in the skies.

“A harrier hawk!” Twilight immediately recognized.

“And it looks like she's hunting those hyraxes!” Ono added.

“What?!” Fluttershy gasped.

“She can't hunt here.” Kion commented strongly against the flyer’s actions. “This isn't hawk territory.”

“Yeah. But does she know that?” Fuli inquired since it’s not stopping her from swooping down and snatching up one with her claws.

“Nope.” Kyoga shook her head.

“She will in just a second!” Fluttershy furiously said with locked eyes on the predator. “I’ve got this!” She stated before flying after her.

“Wait for me!” Ono called after her before following suit.

“Lion and Pony Guard, let's go!” Twilight said to the others to follow after them on the ground.


Elsewhere, a brown-furred hamerkop is tending to an egg in her nest.

“You just wait, my little itsy-bitsyboo!” She affectionately said to her soon to be born baby. “This will be the best nest in the whole...” She suddenly gasped and ducked when the hawk swoops in and nearly hits her. “A hawk? Here in the Pride Lands? Gracious... Oh!” She then ducks again when both Fluttershy and Ono fly after the hawk with the former very determined not to let that hyrax suffer on her watch. “That was Ono and Fluttershy of the Lion and Pony Guard!” She immediately recognized. “Did you see him?” She said to her egg to which she realized was rather pointless. “No, I guess you didn't. Go, Ono, Go, Fluttershy, go!” She then excitedly cheered for them.

The hawk had managed to get ahead of them to the point she felt like she can feast on her prey.

“I am so excited to eat you!” She eagerly expressed to the frightened prey in her clutches. “I've never had tree hyrax before!”

“Hey you!” Fluttershy angrily called after her while flapping her wings to catch up to her. “Put down that hyrax now!”

“Sorry, young flying pony.” She remarked with a smirk. “This hyrax is my small bite. Not enough to share!”

She quickly turned away and flew ahead, but Fluttershy wasn’t backing down before flying after her with Ono pulling ahead. The egret then advanced on her tail feathers before nipping one right off of her.

“Ouch!” She exclaimed in pain before turning to the egret following her. “That hurt! Why'd you do that?”

“So you'd stop looking where you're going.” Ono told her while Fluttershy moves forward for a sneaky approach.

“Stop looking where I'm...” The hawk questioned until finding the hyrax snatched from her claws. “Hey! What do you think you’re…whoa! Oh!” She suddenly finds herself shielding her eyes when Fluttershy performs The Stare on her. “No! No!” She screamed and squawked for her life trying her hardest to resist it to no avail.

“Now you listen closely...” She scolded while still looking at her in the eyes fiercely. “…This is not your territory to hunt in, so if I or anyone from the Guard catch you harming so much as a single bunny or another helpless animal here again, consider yourself banished from the Pride Lands. Is that clear?!” The hawk fearfully nodded. “Then get out of here!”

The hawk immediately flew the heck out of dodge upon being released from her mental grasp and once she was gone she immediately softened up. “Aww, it’s okay little guy.” She smiled to him before fluttering back to the ground. “You’re safe now.”

“Great job, Ono, Fluttershy.” Kion commended them. “We couldn't have stopped that hawk without you.”

The hyrax squeaked out a thankful chatter and hug to both of his rescuers.

“Aw, thanks.” Fluttershy returned it kind.

“Just doing my duty.” Ono humbly said to him while patting him on the back.

“That Ono and Fluttershy are true heroes.” The hamerkop acknowledged having watched the scene from afar before getting an idea with her egg. “Which makes him the perfect bird to watch you while I build us a new nest. With hawks around here, this place will never do!”

She picked up her egg with her claws before flying over in their direction to a tree that Ono recognized.


“Thanks for walking me back to my nest.” He said to the gang once they arrived. “And thanks for offering to help me settle in.” He added to the animal loving Pegasus.

“You did a great job today, Ono. You too, Fluttershy.” Kion once again congratulated. “But now you should rest. Okay?”

“Affirmative.” He nodded before flying up to his nest. “See you guys later!”

“Bye, Ono!”

“See ya!”

“Later!”

“Let us know if something comes up.”

“Take it easy, partner!”

“Take care!”

Bunga, Pinkie, Fuli, Kyoga, Applejack, and Beshte all said while heading out with the others leaving Fluttershy and Ono along with the former tending to the latter.

Just when Ono was getting settled in with Fluttershy helping him feel more comfortable with a soothing massage they are suddenly greeted by the hamerkop with her egg in tow.

“Hello.” She happily greeted the surprised duo.

“Oh, hi.”

“Hello, miss…”

“Kulinda. Just Kulinda will do.” She answered before turning to her egg in tow. “Anyways, can I ask you both a favor?”

“What you need?” Ono asked before noticing her egg. “Is it about your egg?”

“Shouldn’t you be resting it in your nest?” Fluttershy wondered.

“Yes and that’s just it.” She responded before getting to straight to the point. “I need to build one but I can’t watch my baby at the same time while I do it with worrying of that hawk returning to try to snatch it away from me. And after seeing you two take her down, I thought you two would be the perfect to look after it.”

“So you would like for us to watch over your child?” Ono inquired.

“Yes, please? Who better than the Pony Guard’s Kindest and The Lion Guard’s Keenest of Sight?”

“No better than us that’s for sure.” Ono replied with a confident smirk before nodding to Fluttershy who was very eager to want to help out.

“Of course, we’ll help out.” Fluttershy nodded to her request.

Kulinda felt very pleased to hear this before delicately placing her egg into Ono’s nest. “Thank you both so much! I’ll be back as soon as I can.” She immediately flew off leaving the two along with the egg.

“Okay let’s see…” Ono said while examining the egg itself using a light peck of his beck. “…not very hollow so that mean’s it’s close to hatching.”

“Ooh…” Fluttershy flapped her wings in excitement. “That means the baby bird’s almost born!”

“Yep.” He replied before turning back to the egg. “So. Let's figure out precisely what you need. My bottom's not as large as a mama hamerkops, so we'll need to maximize warmth.” He then moved to perch on top of the egg. “There, the perfect approximation of hamerkop egg-sitting!” He then suddenly sees how awkward this is for him. “Hmm. I hope no one sees me like this.”

Fluttershy giggled. “Don’t worry I won’t tell.”


Elsewhere, Kulinda has gotten some sticks together for her nest, but by then a storm started brewing with lightning striking and startling her to the point she lost the sticks she obtained.

“Oh! Fiddle leaf figs!” She said to herself upon losing the sticks. “There go my sticks!” She then pressed forward not making a big fuss over it. “Oh, well. Plenty more where those came from!”

The dropped twigs ended up flying into Bunga’s face. “Hey! Who's throwing sticks at me?” He complained.

“No one, Little B.” Beshte answered to ease his annoyance. “It's just the rainstorm.”

“A very wet and icky rainstorm.” Rarity now wearing her rain hat, coat, and boots on once more expressed her disgust.

“Could be worse.” Applejack pointed out.

“Really? Like what?” Rarity expected an answer to that when Pinkie suddenly had another twitchy tail moment.

“Something…bad about to happen to those hares…” She answered between stutters.

“…Up ahead!” Kyoga stated in sudden alarm upon seeing the danger up ahead.

Kion recognizing the sound of their rumbling immediately recognized what’s about to happen above a group of hares in harm’s way. “Uh-oh. I know that sound... Mudslide! And those hares are right in its path!”

“C'mon!” Twilight ushered everyone before charging ahead to stop it.

At the same time, the hawk that Fluttershy had cowered into submission is still lurking around and just happened to be nearby.

“Now, what yummy tidbit can I taste before I head home?” She questioned herself before spotting the distressed animals down below. “Ooh! Red rock hares! Such a delicacy. Nobody should notice if one of them just happens to go missing during a mudslide.”

She moved to advance on her targeted pray with a screech but they all reacted very quickly to the point they were all able to run for cover in the nearby dens. The sole hare unable to is quickly approached by the Lion and Pony Guard while clinging onto the Pony Guard’s leader’s foreleg who kindly patted the terrified mammal in return.

“The Lion and Pony Guard? Again?” She voiced her frustration with their sudden appearance before realizing. “But if they're here, then they're not watching the rest of the Pride Lands! Tasty treats, here I come!” She said to herself before flying off to capitalize on this.

“Are you okay?” Fuli asked the hare.

“I am…” She confirmed before turning their attention to the nearby dens. “…but the others ran into the aardvark dens to hide! The mud's headed right for them!”

“It could bury them inside!“ Beshte gasped.

“And leave them buried forever!” Applejack exclaimed in horror.

“Then we have to get them out. C'mon.” Twilight quickly led the team ahead to do so.

“Till the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end...” Kion began.

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!” The others finished.


Back at Ono’s home with the dark clouds nearby with the storm having yet to unleash rain on them, Fluttershy decided to take a turn keeping the egg warm by using her long pink tail to cover it up.

“Thanks, Fluttershy.” Ono thanked. “Somehow I think my tail feathers fell asleep.” He then groaned when the Pegasus’s tail started shaking

“Oh, oh my…”

She moved her tail to seeing the shaking egg is now cracking.

“Hapana! You're hatching!” Ono realized when the egg broke apart to reveal a new-born silver-furred baby bird with a blue beak and dark brown eyes.

“Oh. What a cute little bird!” Ono awed while suddenly surprised with how big the baby is. “Okay, maybe not so little.”

Fluttershy happily gasped and gushed her eyes on this adorable new born chick. “Aww, Hello there, baby hamerkop!” The bird tweeted in response before walking around Ono. “What are you doing?”

“Oh!” Ono suddenly realized. “Of course. You're doing the Hamerkop Family Dance. That way we'll be bonded as a family...” He then also realized what that meant before quickly pleading to the happy baby. “Wait! Baby hamerkop, you don't understand. I'm not your family! Really! This is all a case of mistaken identity!” He pleaded to no avail. “My friends have gone to get your mom! And I hope they find her soon.” He then groaned and face-palmed himself with his wing to which Fluttershy had a disagreeing expression with Ono’s refusal to accept this kind gesture. After all, everyone in the Guard has a sibling like relationship with one and another and they each would have no problem either way.


At the same time, both Applejack and Beshte who work like brother and sister on the farm are both trying their hardest to force the bay with Twilight and Kyoga assisting them with her magic while the others move to get the hiding hares to safety.

“Twende Kiboko! Okay, guys! Get 'em out!”

“And hurry!”

Both the Guard’s Strongest called for them while Twilight continues to focus her magic on the incoming mud to help them keep it at bay.

“Hello hares! Time to get out!”

“Hey hairy-airy-airs! You can't be in there! The mud's coming!”

Both Pinkie and Bunga called to them from outside of the dens.

They all reluctantly poke their heads out of their hiding spaces with Kion, Fuli, and Rarity each caring one of them to safety.

“It's too scary out there!” One of them commented to Bunga still not budging along with his hiding companions. “Can't you just let us hide?”

Bunga wasn’t about to let that happen. “No can do. I gotta get you outta there. One way... Or another!” He then released gas from his bottom to get the hare to come out in discomfort from his terrible stench.

“Oh, I say!” One of them complained before Rainbow swooped in wearing a nose plug to fly them all away to safety joining Kion when he manages to carry away one more hare in tow.

“Is everybody out?” Kion then asked them.

Everyone of the hares looked at each other while Twilight does a head count until one of them speaks up seeing that one of them in fact is not with them. “Where's my sister?”

“I'll get her.” Rainbow immediately stated before quickly flying towards the mud with Twilight following after her while working hard to magically levitate all of the incoming mud aside.

The whole Guard watched in deep worry for the both of them when the mud starts to engulf them and they dive in deep down in the flowing pit for several seconds to get to the sole hare trapped down there.

“Rainbow Dash?”

“Twilight?”

Both Fuli and Kion called out for them worrying the worst has happened to them for a second until they suddenly reemerged with Twilight carrying the hare in her hooves with Rainbow carrying them to safety. Everyone cheered for them when they both managed to come in for a safe landing upon seeing that they are both okay and have managed to save the hare.

“You okay, Twilight?”

“You okay, Rainbow?”

Both Kion and Applejack asked of them.

“Never better.”

“Muddy, wouldn't want to do that again, but otherwise fine.”

Both mares assured them just when the rainstorm started to die down.

“Well that’s a relief…” Applejack expressed before noticing that the skies are starting to clear up “…especially now that’s it stopped raining now.”

“Oh, thank goodness.” Rarity expressed her relief before eyeing both the mare’s muddy fur coats. “At least you’re both okay and that’s what’s important no matter how much mud you both have fur and mane.”

“Yep.” Twilight nodded when the fashionista quickly pulls out a private cover and a bathtub to give the both of them a good bath now that the rainstorm is over.

“Oh, no.” Rainbow grumbled before finding herself being the first to be volunteered against her will into taking one.

Twilight giggled just out of ear-shot when she is dragged behind the shower curtain and into the tub by the tail before moving with the others to clear the mess created from the mud-slide with the sound of Rarity’s voice to call her back over when she is ready to give her a bath too.


Back at Ono’s nest, both Fluttershy and Ono look over the baby bird with the former wondering what they can do to wait until the mother bird comes back. The answer to that question is answered when the baby eyes a bug to snack on.

“Oh my goodness!”

“Hapana!”

Fluttershy quick flew over and caught the baby before it could fall out of the nest while swiftly using her tail to nab its desired snack.

“Phew.” She sighed in relief before handing the hamerkop the bug with her tail while looking aside.

“You really need to be more careful.” The egret chided. “You could have fallen into the thorn patch down below.”

The baby bird simply chirped before nuzzling its head into Fluttershy’s long pink mane. “Aww.” She likewise returned the nuzzle while bringing it in close. “Are you such a cutsie woostie birdie.”

The bird released another cheerful chirp before turning to Ono with a pleading look at smile hoping that he’ll come over and play to which Ono couldn’t release saying no to.

“Oh, all right.” He reluctantly returned before approaching the baby.


Elsewhere, both Twilight and Rainbow are both sparkling clean from their baths with Rarity looking on pleased with her work. Twilight normally doesn’t mind a little mud but she knew that Rarity was one never one to see a friend of hers carry around all of that filth on her fur. So she was couldn’t say no to her insisted generosity there.

“Thanks, Rarity, although you really didn’t have to do it.” Twilight said to the marshmallow-fur colored unicorn.

“Oh darling, I had to.” Rarity felt the need to justify. “I just couldn’t bear to see you walk around with all of that filthy mud on you.”

Twilight giggled when Rainbow spoke of her contempt towards the fashionista. “Maybe you could have.” She grumbled.

“Now, Rainbow Dash. What’s the matter?” Rarity teasingly asked.

“These…” She gestured to her mane being prettied up like she is about to attend the royal ball. “…was that really necessary?!”

“Of course. Now you look rather styling.” She remarked at the frowning Pegasus still pouting over being put in something to girly for her.

“I’ll get you for this…” She muttered under her breath before flying ahead and encountering something that caught her eye. “Hello, what do we have here?”

“What that…?” Twilight questioned up seeing it. “…that’s a nest.”

“A pretty big nest.” Kion commented upon seeing it.

“That's not a nest. It's a mountain in a tree!” Bunga suddenly says otherwise.

“Sure does like that way.” Pinkie said.

“Well whatever kind of nest that is, it’s still a nest.” Rarity acknowledged. “Question is what kind is it?”

“One way to find out!” Bunga replied before quickly moving to get inside.

“Bunga, wait!”

“Don’t!”

Both leaders of the Guard warned him against doing so uninvited but he paid no attention to their words.

“Rather rude!” Rarity reminded him who still decides to take a look inside against the other’s wishes.

“Hello? Anyone home?” He called from inside. “Whoa! This place is un-Bunga-lievable! I bet even Beshte could fit in here! What a nest!” He commented from his surroundings before finding an appealing sight that watered his lips. “And it's got grubs!” He started munching on them. “I could get used to this place.”

“Well, don't! 'Cause it's already taken!” The nest’s owner and creator told him before appearing with more twigs for the final touches on her nest.

“Oh! Hey Kulinda!” Beshte greeted upon recognizing her.

“And pardon Bunga’s behavior.” Rarity added. “We didn’t know who’s it was while walking by.”

“It’s all right.” She replied before making the finishing touches to her nest. “I had just finished making it. And now with these twigs in place it is ready.”

“Ready? Ready for what?” Kion asked.

“For my egg that’s about to hatch.” She answered.

“Where is it?” Twilight asked seeing that she doesn’t have it right now.

“Oh just under Fluttershy and Ono’s care.” She once again replied to which had both the leaders of the Guard turning to each other in confusion.

“I don't get it. If you already have such a great nest, why'd you leave your egg with Ono and Fluttershy?” Kion wondered still trying to make sense of it.

“You think this just happens?” She started with a tone she wouldn’t if she didn’t have a good reason for doing so in the first place. “My nest wasn't ready yet! There. Now it's perfect!I needed a safe place to keep my little wudgie-cakes while I built this nest! But now I can't wait to bring my egg back home.” She then thought and reacted with sudden frantic alarm in her voice. “There's nothing wrong with my egg, is there? Is that why you came? Because something's wrong?”

“No. Everything's fine.” Fuli quickly replied to calm her down.

“We just happened to come across you, and couldn’t help but wonder what was going on here.” Applejack added.

“And it’s greatly appreciated.” The mother bird kindly returned.

“Would you like some company?” Kyoga offered.

“I'd love the company. Thank you.” Kulinda accepted.

“Then, let's go!” Kion then moved to lead the way until noticing that someone is missing. “Uh, Bunga?”

“Coming!” He called out while emerging from the new nest with the grubs the mother bird had just gotten for her child. “Snack for the road.”

“I do hope Ono and Fluttershy really didn't mind too terribly watching my egg.” Kulinda hopefully expressed.

“You kidding?” Beshte asked if she was joking. “Ono and Fluttershy are the best when it comes to animals.”

“Yep! I bet he, she, and that little eggy are all cuddled up warm and snug right now.” Bunga added in agreement.


Elsewhere, the baby hamerkop has decided to hop and run off ahead with Ono following after him, a friendly game of tag while Fluttershy floats and watches from the skies.

Usually a game of tag when be fun and games for anyone, although it’s not quite very fun when Ono finds himself unable to keep up with the baby even though he isn’t really trying. The baby hamerkop even managed to give him a hard time by taking it through the field of tall grass. Fluttershy giggled seeing this while Ono was groaning just trying to through the tall grass while trying to keep up with the baby bird.

“Finally.” He said upon emerging from the grass before spotting the young bird eyeing another flying insect to want to snack on the edge of the cliff. “Hapana!” He exclaimed in horror to see the baby in a dangerous position before quickly shoving him away before he slip and fall into the stream of water nearby.

“What were you doing? Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?” He sharply scolded.

“Ono…” Fluttershy quickly intervened. “…She’s just a baby, he or she doesn’t know any better from just being born after an hour.”

“But Fluttershy I was just….” Ono tried to say in his defense.

“…be gentle.” She firmly reminded him. “Don’t be too hard on her.”

“I know but I didn’t help still on that egg till it hatched just to watch the baby get hurt.” Ono further argued.

“Baby steps.” She gently insisted. “Baby steps.”

“Okay…” He calmed down before turning to the confused baby. “Baby hamerkop, let’s going back to my nest to wait for your mom before anything else happens. You understand?” The baby hamerkop simply yawned in response.

Ono taking Fluttershy’s advice decided to go easy on him instead of forcing him back over to the nest. “Okay. Fine. We'll stay here a minute and rest. But in the tall grass, where it's safer.” He quickly gestured him to follow him back over there.

The baby hamerkop followed after him before leaning his head on the egret’s shoulder.

Ono despite what he said earlier allowed it while bringing the baby bird in with his left wing. “Uh... That's okay. You can lean on me if you want. You know, you're kinda cute when you're not getting into trouble. Sleep tight, baby hamerkop.”

Fluttershy smiled at this adorable scene before getting distracted when she saw the hawk she stared down from earlier fly by unaware that she is around.

She looked around for something that sparks her interest. “Nothing here... Hmm.” She suddenly sees one of the vultures Mpishi tailing her from a distance so she quickly turns around and surprises him by appearing right in front of him. “You following me, vulture?” She quickly demanded the startled vulture.

The vulture was left fumbling with his words. “Oh! Why, uh, yes. Yes, I was!” He quickly cleared his throat so he can speak more clearly. “You're a hawk, you know. And where there's a hawk, there's bound to be some food to pick over!”

“True.” The hawk acknowledged before allowing him to fly alongside him. “We hawks are quite the hunters!”

“With an eye for delicious meals, if I might say so.” The vulture said in a flattering manner before remembering he had yet to introduce himself. “Oh, I'm Mwoga, by the by.”

“Hello, Mwoga. I'm Mpishi.” The eagle casually returned the greeting.

“So Mpishi, what're you doin' 'ere in the Pride Lands? This ain't your territory.” He reminded.

“I've tried all the food in my territory. I thought I'd come here and try something new.” She calmly explained before adding in frustration. “But every time I try to grab a succulent bite around here, the Lion and Pony Guard's there to stop me.”

“The Lion and Pony Guard?” He remarked. “Oi, if they're on your tail, you're outta luck.””

“Maybe I just need a little help outwitting the Lion Guard.” She then thought of an idea. “What do you say? Wouldn't you like a fresh meal?”

Mwoga didn’t really sound interested before expressing his disgust. “Fresh? Bleagh! This beak only touches Grade-A carrion!”

This got Mpishi expressing her disgust in return for his special taste in food likewise. “Carrion? Leftovers? You call that a meal?”

“Well, yeah.” He answered with a water-mouthing slurp at his idealistic taste. “Tender. Tasty. And it never tries to run away!”

“Maybe…” She didn’t even deny his point made. “…but a truly great meal is fresh!”

A Real Meal

Seeing the differences in their preferred diet, Mpishi then proposes a compromise in exchange for his help.

“How about this? You help me, and I will let you have all the scraps you can eat.”

“All the scraps I can eat?” He was surprised. “I might 'ave to talk to the committee 'bout it...”

“Now or never, Mwoga.”

“Mpishi, you got yourself a deal!” He answered with a smirk to Mpishi who smirked back before flying off together with a mutual agreement.

Fluttershy having witnessed this knows this needs to be dealt with before it could happen.


Back at Ono’s tree, the rest of the Guard along with the mother bird have all arrived ready to see the baby and it’s caretakers.

“I bet Ono and Fluttershy will be happy to see you!” Kion said to the baby’s mother.

“Yes. And I can't wait to see my eggie-pie!” She happily expressed before flying up to the nest expecting the three to be up there. “Here comes Mommy!” She gasps when she sees that they are all not there along with the broken egg shell remains. “My egg!”

“What about it?!” Rainbow urgently questioned before flying up to see what’s gotten her so frantic. “Whoa! It hatched!”

“Yes! And it's gone!“ Kulinda cried out to which awoke the baby bird from his nap.

The baby bird was delighted to hear the sound of the mother’s voice before hopping on over there.

“Hapana!” He exclaimed after awakening and seeing that the baby bird ran off again.

Kulinda was very relieved and overjoyed upon seeing her baby is okay. “There you are! My little one! I'd know you anywhere!”

Just when both mother and daughter are doing their special bonding dance together, Ono comes flying over with great worry on his face. “Where's my baby?”

Everyone was suddenly surprised with what came out of the egret’s mouth. Throughout the time they’ve spent together, Ono’s grown a very family-liking bonding with the baby.

“Uh, what'd you call it?” Fuli asked with a teasing smile.

Upon realizing what he just said he hastily tried to correct himself. “Uh... The baby. Her baby. Your baby.”

“Sure you were, darling.” Rarity returned unconvinced with a knowing smile when the two birds resume their bonding dance together to which Ono saw as a lovely sight.

“Aww, that's nice. She really is your baby.”

“Oh, Ono, thank you so much for watching her.” The mother bird thanked. “I knew you and Fluttershy would be perfect for the job!”

“It was nothing, really.” Ono humbly replied when Kulinda just noticed Fluttershy's not here.

"Speaking of Fluttershy where is she?"

"Observing us from up high..." He answered before seeing that she is not around. "...or at least was around."

"Where did she go?" Twilight wondered when Kulinda suddenly realized something else was missing...

Suddenly the baby hamerkop has once more disappeared from Ono’s sight after finding another insect to snack on.

“My baby! Where is she?” Kulinda gasped.

Ono quickly flew up and used his keen sight to spot her. “Oh, where'd you go this time?” He wondered before managing to spot her at the river again and turning back to alert everyone. “She's at the river! We need to hurry!”

“On it!” Fuli and Rainbow both stated before quickly flying after her just when she reached the edge.

By then Fuli was just a fraction of a second late from catching her. “I missed!”

“I got this!” Rainbow assured before quickly flying over to the log she fell on and snatching her out of harm’s way since the log was headed straight down a big waterfall.

“Phew.” She sighed in relief before quickly spotting something that had her holding on tight to the bird and plopping down into the water on her back.

“Hapana!”

“No!”

Both Ono and Kulinda exclaimed when the hawk from earlier swooped by once more.

“Whoa. Didn't see that comin'.”

“Me neither.”

Bunga and Pinkie both commented in surprise.

“It's that hawk again!” Kion recognized before leading the Guard in the hawk’s direction. “We'll follow them and see what we can do!”

“Leave the baby hamerkop alone!” Ono demanded when Rainbow shielded the baby bird from the predator trying to attack her on water.

“And leave the Pride Lands without trying at least one of its specialties? I don't think so!” The hawk refused to back down before suddenly meeting herself face to face with Fluttershy again. “What! Not you again!”

Fluttershy wordlessly focused her stare once more on the hawk which had her cowing into submission while futilely shielding her eyes from her powerful glare. This bought time for Rainbow to just coolly slide back to watch the show before flapping her wings when she reached the end of stream leading to the waterfall. In addition, this left the hawk distracted to the point she didn’t see Ono and Kulinda both move in to slam into her which sent her spiraling down towards the ground.

Rainbow smiled very pleased to see that while unaware that the vulture is advancing on her…

…at least until Pinkie suddenly appeared along with Bunga and tackled the vulture to the water at the bottom of the waterfall.

“YAAAH!!!” The vulture screamed upon plummeting into the water from a high fall.

Both Pinkie and Bunga emerging from the water unharmed both high-five each other for their success before pulling the knocked out vulture out of the water so the former can use her party canon to launch the vulture back into the Outlands.

When Mpishi got back up on her feet she suddenly finds herself surrounded by the Lion and Pony Guard seriously frowning towards her for her actions.

“For the last time, hawk, leave the Pride Lands! Now!” Fluttershy aggressively repeated.

“And don’t even think about coming to Equestria!” Twilight crossly added.

“I hear you. Fine.” She relented with raised wings. “I won't hunt in the Pride Lands anymore or even set foot in Equestria. No dish is worth this aggravation. Especially if you hit with that powerful stare. Oh, it’s so scary.”

She quickly flew away back to her territory before facing further punishment from them to which had Twilight very pleased with her cooperation.

“Good.” She said before Rainbow moved to give Kulinda her baby bird back on the ground to where mother and daughter both share an embrace together.

“Kulinda. We're so glad you and your baby are back together again.” The Lion Guard’s strongest happily expressed.

“Well, we wouldn't be if it weren't for all of you.” She replied while turning to her biggest saviors of the day. “Especially you three, and that's why I want to thank you with something special. I want to name my baby after you, Ono.

“Two Ono's?”

“Won't that be confusing?”

Both Bunga and Pinkie questioned in confusion while Fuli and Rarity both found Kulinda’s name choice very endearing.

“No. The baby's a girl, so I'm naming her "Ona."” Kulinda corrected them.

“And that is a very fitting name for her.” Kyoga agreed with the mother’s choice with the baby bird chirping in delight.

“Hey...She likes it!” Ono chuckled before speaking to the baby himself. “I'm gonna miss you, Ona. But I promise I'll visit, okay?”

“Me too.” Fluttershy softly added when the baby bird suddenly moves to hug Rainbow Dash to thank her for catching her.

“Me three.” Rainbow added while rolling along with it since Ona really likes her for saving her.

“You're all welcome anytime.” Kulinda informed them. “But we consider you family now, so when you do visit, you know what you have to do.”

Ono sighed slightly but smiled before agreeing. “Okay. I'll give it a try.”

The three birds share their bonding dance and chirps together with both Fluttershy and a slightly reluctant Rainbow Dash joining in with most of the Guard awing at the adorable sight.


The hawk then flew back to her territory in defeat before flying towards her nest.

“Dang, Lion and Pony Guard!” She cursed to herself. “I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for that pesky egret and that horribly glaring Pegasus!”

“I know right.” A sinister voice spoke to her, a voice that belongs to Scar who immediately appears lounging right next to her nest to which startled her. “The Lion and Pony Guard is such a nuisance.”

Mpishi was left startled by his sudden appearance. “What, Scar?! But how?!”

“How is not important.” He simply responded to the wide eyed hawk. “What’s important is that if you want to get you want in life, you’re going to need some help. And fortunately for you…” He added while offering a fried mouse on a stick. “…you have someone willing to give you that opportunity. That is of course, if you’re willing to listen to what I have to say…” He tempted with a matching smirk while waggling his offering to her now on a silver plate.

Mpishi wasn’t sure what to say, but at the same time he was offering her a once in a lifetime opportunity that is hard to pass up on. So she moved to accept his offer. “What do you have in mind in particular that’ll help me?” She inquired while smiling and listening intently.

“Well…” He motioned her to come close so he can whisper the plan to her.

Mpishi listened and then smiled with what he is hearing. “Oh…” She liked what she was hearing. “…I see. Count me in!”

“Excellent.” Scar sinisterly spoke with a pleased and sadistic smirk plastered on his face with his eyes glowing green to show that his hunger and thirst for power is growing stronger with each passing day and is about nearing its fruition.

Author's Note:

In the last Lion Guard episode in Season 3, we have both Ono and Fluttershy watching after an egg with a soon to be born baby inside of it while it's mother tries to build a nest for in order to have a safer environment once her baby is born.

For starters, I found some highly questionable marks in regards to leaving the egg in Ono's nest without consulting him about it first, so I fixed it up a little with that bit of dialogue to resolve that.

Other than that, it was pretty much straightforward with the dynamic between the two with Fluttershy playing the kind and gentle mother to Ono's hard and slightly over-protective father mode. And with Fluttershy's kind insistence to Ono, he was able to lighten up to the point he is just a protective father-like figure to the baby bird who is then named Ona.

As the episode's antagonist is defeated after her failed attempt to snag a meal outside of her home, she then moves to accept a once in a lifetime opportunity for revenge and getting meal entitlements by the Big Bad whose new plan to take over the Pride Lands is nearing right around the corner with Season 3 nearing it's end.

Next up is "Magical Mystery Cure." where I'm sure everyone knows what it's store for Twilight in this upcoming musical packed episode which I will note will serve as the penultimate episode of Season 3 to set up the upcoming four-part finale I have planned for sometime in late September / early October so stay tuned until then.