• Published 31st Jul 2021
  • 3,221 Views, 141 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 3) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard all seek to keep the peace between the two worlds together while they all now deal with the threat of Scar who's return is now threatening that very balance.

  • ...
2
 141
 3,221

Episode 13: The Return of Queen Chrysalis Part Four

Episode 13:

The Return of Queen Chrysalis Part Four

After having their much needed little break to patch their friendship up, the Lion and Pony Guard all finally arrive at the entrance to the changeling kingdom guarded by a gate with the appearance of a scary looking changeling appearing at the gateway.

“We’re here.” Kion said.

“We need to hurry.” Twilight told everyone. “The secretariat Comet will be flying overhead soon…”

“And that’s when the magical surge happens?” Applejack asked.

“Yes.” Twilight nodded before getting serious in her explanation. “The comet passing through the Horsehead Nebula is the most intense series of Celestial events in centuries! In millennia! The magic disruption is going to be felt across Equestria!”

“Then we got no time to waste!” Kion stated seriously before the Pony Guard leader leads the way towards the front gate.

“Stop talkin’ and start walkin’.” Applejack added adopting the same tone before following their lead. “My sister and her friends are trapped inside that castle with that evil doin’ devil and that crazy cheese grater.”

“Here’s the plan…” Rainbow spoke up with a bold and confident expression.

Bunga just having gotten the same idea spoke her mind. “We go in, storm the castle, grab Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and the Lion Guard fan club…then we win the day and go home.”

“Dude, you just spoke my mind.” Rainbow fist-bumped the honey badger for coming up with the same approach.

“Oh! That sounds easy!” Pinkie smiled at the idea.

Fuli however had to burst their bubble. “Uh, no.”

“Huh?”

“Why not?”

Both Rainbow and Bunga asked trying to understand why she begs to differ there.

“We’re talking dealing with two of the most dangerous bad guys we’ve ever faced so far.” She reminded.

“Who nearly took over Equestria and the Pride Lands in the same day.” Kion added.

“And it took the combined might and power of the elements, the Roar, and magic from Princesses Luna and Cadance and Kyoga and her siblings who by the way are all held captive right now by the two of them right now.” Ono finished.

“So it isn’t going to be easy…” Twilight spoke up in agreement though Rainbow tunes it out by saying “blah, blah, blah.” to herself. “We need to prepare ourselves for anything. Both the changeling queen and the former tyrant are both capable of magic and could have anything in store for us.”

“Twilight’s right.” Throax spoke on her behalf. “Neither both Scar nor Chrysalis are ones to be taken lightly. Believe I know, because I’ve seen what they can do and what they are capable of.”

“But they haven’t seen what we can do.” Rainbow retorted in the changeling’s face.

“We have you, Twilight!” Fluttershy reminded the unicorn in charge. “With your magic, we can get through anything.”

“Yeah!” Bunga supported that statement while clinging onto her along with the Guard’s Fiercest. “You got what it takes to power our way to victory, just like Kion’s Roar.”

But Twilight didn’t seem to agree. “Well, I don’t think we can rely on just my magic or the Roar…” She said with her eyes shifted to the side.

Both Rainbow and Bunga quickly hugged and ruffled her mane before she could finish.

“Yeah! With Twilight and Kion around…we can take them!”

“Just let them do their thing together! Bing! Bang! We’ll be home in time for dinner.”

“But…” Twilight grunted trying to speak up.

“Guys…” Kion added in protest.

“Aw shucks, Twilight, come on…” Applejack interrupted with encouragement. “You’re amazing and we all know it. Both you and Kion when put together. Let’s leave it at that and move on to find those fillies and kids!”

“Let’s…” Kovu gulped before setting aside his fears ready to lend a helping paw when needed. “…even if we are dealing with the most feared bad guys in the universe.”

“I really do hope those little fillies and kids are all right…” Rarity expressed with hope. “I’m so worried. Sweetie Belle is such a fragile little thing.”

“That not counting the times you were always around and giving her a hard time was it?” Kion asked in a joking manner.

Rarity stumbled with a gasp. “Wha…No, of course. I would never do something like that to her. Why would you even think that?”

“Oh, just curious.” Kion answered with a teasing smile to which had the unicorn blushing in response.


Just inside the castle said sister and her friends are all watching along with their captors with the changeling queen drooling with her thirst about ready to be satisfied as it makes its way to the door.

“Woo! My sister is here!” Apple Bloom cheered. “You’re both going down!”

“Yeah.” Sweetie confidently said in the face of the two. “Her sister is here! You’re going down!”

“What about your sister, Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo pointed out.

Realizing her mistake she reworded herself. “Err…I mean. Woo! My sister is here along with Rainbow Dash! You’re both going down!”

Chrysalis then turned to the three trying to figure out how to deal with them when this is all over in response to their defiant looks and blowing raspberries at them. “You three… I may just banish to the ends of Equestria instead of feeding you to my minions. The thought of any part of your essence still around me after today is…terrifying.” She then eyed Twilight looking around for anything suspicious. “Little Twilight…you’re almost here. Your friend’s emotions will make a fine feast for my subjects…but you, you’re for me.”

“They’ll defeat you before you can drain them of their love!” Apple Bloom retorted.

“Their friendship is stronger than you!” Mtoto added.

“And you’ll never be able to take away Twilight’s magic…” Sweetie continued with their defiance towards Chrysalis and Scar.

“She’s a bajillion times the magical pony you are!” Gumba finished her statement.

“More like infinity times the magical pony you are!” Shauku corrected.

Scar turned to them with a sly smile directed at them. “Ah, kids these days. Even after three days with us you all are still as naïve as a gullible Simba. And yet you don’t even have a single clue of how powerful Chrysalis is, nor how powerful I am.” He then slowly approached with his teeth sported while grinning menacingly at them which frightened the kids when he approached them. “And since you kids have such valor in the face of me, I think there is only one way to deal with you all.”

“Uh…by letting us go?” Scootaloo hopefully guessed.

“And letting the courts figure it out.” Shauku added in the same tone.

“Oh close…” Scar replied with a brief amused smile that immediately faded into a serious expression. “…but no.” He then released a very powerful roar directed at them which sent the kids flying out of their gooey restraints and slammed back first into the wall.

“That’s what I thought.” Scootaloo groaned.

“Ouch!” Shauku said in pain as he and the others lie on the floor at his mercy.

Scar then turned to Chrysalis with another showdown on the near horizon. “You know what to do when they arrive…?”

“Yes! Yes I do!”


Back outside, just to make sure of their surroundings, the Guard quickly patrolled around the castle and up towards the entrance. Yet so far, to their surprise, they found nothing so far.

“Do you see anything?” Kion called to the flyers in the sky.

“Sorry Kion. We looked all around outside.” Ono reported empty-winged.

“The whole city looks abandoned…maybe they all left?” Fluttershy added with increased nervousness.

“I called this back before we left Ponyville…” Rainbow stated with a sense of gut feeling speaking for her. “…a trap!”

“But what kind of trap?” Beshte curiously asked.

“Don’t know, but someway somehow it’s here.” Rainbow stated.

“But where…” Fuli brought up while looking around the area. “…we scouted the entire outside area and found nothing.”

“So that mean’s whatever it is, it must mean whatever trap they have set for us is inside.” Kion figured with his eyes feeling he is picking up the pieces now at the moment the orange mare approached the doors in front of them.

“They have to be inside the castle…” Applejack voiced while trying to make sense of that theory. “…There’s just no way they would bring us here and be gone!”

Ono having an idea of what it might be quickly flew up and scanned the skies. “Come on!”

“What is it, Ono?” Kion wondered as he comes flying back down grunting.

“I’m trying to spot any changelings I may have missed, but I didn’t because there is not a single one outside!” He reported rather annoyed he had to second guess himself. “Just trying to figure out what they are planning is the part I can’t figure out. They knew we were coming and they didn’t apprehend us when set foot in their territory.”

Pinkie then spoke up having a feeling what’s waiting for them. “Oh! Oh!” I bet they’re all waiting for us right behind the front door! Thousands of changelings along with a dozen lion’s, ready and waiting…poised to strike!”

“Thousands?” Fluttershy softly squeaked at the thought.

“Gee…” Rarity frowned. “…I wonder why that makes me want to open the door less.”

“No worries…” Pinkie remained positive. “…I still have this!”

Bunga smiled upon getting her proposal before they both quickly zipped away and back now wearing their giant costumes from earlier. “Ta da!”

Needless to say aside from Rainbow and Fuli frowning in great annoyance, Applejack and Ono were both not impressed by what is in their minds one the biggest mind blowing and baffling ideas ever proposed.

“Pinkie…”

“Bunga…”

“No.”

“We told you back in the valley, no.” Rainbow asserted.

“Now take that off.” Fuli added just as assertively before moving to remove and confiscate the costume along with Rainbow, Applejack, and Ono.

“Aww…” Bunga moaned.

“But we brought it all the way from Ponyville! I know it’ll help! Just you wait!” Pinkie protested.

“I doubt that.” Ono quickly disagreed while assisting Rainbow.

“This is no time for horsin’ around!” Fuli added while assisting Applejack.

“We’ve got to get into that castle and…” Applejack then said when a sudden and loud creak from the front door is heard as it slowly opens up.

Everyone was startled when this happened before they all quickly assuming fighting stances so they can be quick to be ready defend themselves against Scar and Chrysalis’s army….

…But to their relief they weren’t immediately swarmed like they expected to happen.


“Follow my lead…” Twilight quietly said to everyone before leading the inside with Kion joining her side ready to pounce on the first lion or changeling that tries to attack them by surprise.

They slowly made their way proceeding with caution inside the castle where they are all greeted by multiple cases of stairs placed everywhere around them. “Wow…under attack by stairs. Scary.” Rainbow commented at the sight of their surrounding just when the map that navigated the Guard over here rolled down them.

“Sure looks like it.” Bunga commented looking around in horror at the sight around them. As soon as they all they walked inside the door from behind slammed shut getting an “Eek.” out of Fluttershy when it happened before she quickly clinged herself around Twilight’s body for safety.

Instantly the voice of Scar is heard across the hallway.

“It sure is…”

“Scar!” Kion angrily stated upon recognizing his voice.

“Welcome to the changeling kingdom. So glad you all could make it.”

“Where are you?! And where are you keeping the kids?!” Kion demanded towards the ghostly voice of his great uncle.

“You’ll have to find me.” He returned while enjoying toying with the cub’s nonsense attitude. “Open the doors, behind one you truly find me! The others all have a vast array of surprises for you! And believe me when I tell you all they are to DIE for.”

Scar then evilly chuckled before his voice faded away while echoing his previous words to them.

Fluttershy naturally was curling her mane in fright sitting on her flank. “Booming voice of Scar? Can we please have a hint?”

“Can we at least get a hint? This is bogus!” Rainbow complained out to the sinister voice.

“Yeah! You’re not being fair!” Bunga also protested.

“I love surprises!” Pinkie said with a great big smile.

“Scar?! Scar?!” Kion called out to him expecting him to tell him the truth and show himself. “Grrr. He’s not telling us.”

“Then we’ll have to find out where he is.” Twilight said while turning to one of sets of stairs before turning back to the others. “Split up and start opening doors! If you find the right one, call out and we’ll meet you there! Let’s go! We don’t have much time!”

Kion sighed quite irritated that Scar is making him play his game before following after Twilight with the others splitting off in pairs.

Pinkie and Bunga both paired up and made their way down towards the nearest door in front of them.

“La de deeee…”

“La de da… Hey what’s in here?”

“RRR!” Came from the sight of a giant creature with his eye staring directly at them really to kill them on the spot.

The pink mare who’s mane and tail is now straighten backwards in shock along with the honey badger’s mane both quickly closed the door before that could happen. The two then quickly turn away with their now racing heart’s from what had just witnessed.

“That was a terrible surprise!”

“No kidding!”

The two gasped before quickly retreating.

Elsewhere, Applejack and Beshte both encountered a demon pony with a bull’s skeleton head appearing from the gates of Tartarus offering them a fiery poisoned apple.

“Halima!”

“Whoa there, partner!”

“Uh, no thanks.”

Both Fluttershy, Kovu, and Ono opened the door to a giant creepy clown.

“Hey, Georgie!”

“Eep!“

“Not interested, and no thanks!”

“And goodbye.”

Seeing this had Pinkie and Bunga complaining that happened when their friends quickly slammed the door on him.

“Aw! Why didn’t I get that door!?”

“Yeah! I love clowns!”

Bunga quickly moved towards that door until Ono quickly flew in front of him to intercept him to prevent him from doing so. “Focus Bunga! Focus!”

Rainbow and Fuli came across a pair of twin foals in a trance slowly approaching them.

“Boring!”

“Sorry, but the cheetah doesn’t have time to play right now.” She quickly turned away before gently closing the door on them before catching Rarity eyeing a pony playing a piano and opera with a Shakespeare like skull in an open hoof. “What the…?”

“Come, my angels!” He beckoned while playing musical notes with his other front hoof.

“Ew!”

“Sorry, but the cheetah’s not interested in a romantic relationship right now.”

Rarity quickly slammed the door and was quick to express her disdain towards those kinds of ponies. “Imagine, dating a musician that lives in a basement. Ugh.”


Both Twilight and Kion after searching their fair share of doors reached the last one left with Thorax trying to stay on guard with the fearful anticipation of seeing Chrysalis coming closer and closer by every passing second.

“Here goes…” Twilight said before moving to open the door with Kion baring his claws ready to pounce on the danger lurking inside the deep black darkness in the room…

“You found me, Twilight.” Scar’s voice spoke to her. “I will unlock for you if you answer me this riddle…”

“Save it!” Kion shouted before charging inside to attack him…

…only to wind up flying backwards and crashing hard into the wall.

“KION!” The others shouted upon seeing this.

Scar continued while the rest of the Guard quickly tends to the lion out cold for any potential injuries. “…how is a Pegasus like a writing desk…can you answer this riddle?”

“Hmm…” Twilight thought while scratching her chin. “…How is a Pegasus like a writing desk? They can both…er…?”

“We’re both awesome?” Rainbow spoke up while still puzzled herself. “Are writing desks awesome?”

“They both have four legs?” Applejack chimed in.

“And they remain stationary at times.” Ono added. “Common knowledge, really.”

“I still don’t know why “They’re both awesome.” didn’t open the door.” Rainbow voiced slightly offended.

“Maybe because desks don’t inflate like balloons to the size of your head.” Fuli remarked with a dull expression before turning back to Kion still out cold from the hit he took with Fluttershy helping her out in making sure he is okay.

“True, but…Hey!”

“They can both take you to faraway places?” Rarity guessed.

“And hold on to your books and whatever you want to them to hold.” Beshte added.

“That’s a good one! Both of them!” Twilight smiled.

“Ooh, ooh…” Both Bunga and Pinkie spoke up.

“I know it!”

“Pick me!”

“Ooooooh!”

“Oh, oh, oh! I know it!”

“Really?” Fuli asked unimpressed.

“How is a Pegasus like a writing desk? Can you answer this riddle?” Scar’s voice questioned the two seemingly sure of themselves.

“Nope!”

“We can’t answer it!”

“What a surprise.” Fuli said with her expression unchanged having figured right away that they would say that with Twilight rolling her eyes in response to that non-answer.

“That’s not even close to the correct answer…” Twilight chastised them before they all slowly made their way inside and came across a sight they weren’t expecting to see just when Kion was coming too…

…Scar was there but with Chrysalis who is once again engaging in another heated verbal confrontation with the kids.

“Stop copying me!” She angrily demanded.

“Stop copying me!” Apple Bloom openly mocked.

“I’m warning you!”

“I’m warning you!” Sweetie Belle mimicked.

“Guards! Throw these miscreants in the dungeon…now!”

“Guards! Throw these miscreants in the…” Scootaloo imitated before stumbling. “…wait. What?”

“In the dungeon now is what she said.” Shauku finished.

“Like this…” Gumba then said mockingly. “Guards! Throw these miscreants in the dungeon now!”

“Why you little…” Chrysalis growled before Scar quickly got in between them.

“Enough! All of you!”

He gave both parties the stern look that had them bowing their heads and submitting to his order like a bickering mother and kids would to the father running the house before turning to the heroes that he’s been expecting for the last three days. “My apologies that you all had to see that but this is what happens when enemies don’t see eye to eye with each other. Anyways…congratulations Lion and Pony Guard, especially you Twilight. You all finally managed to fine me and everyone waiting for you.”

"Yes, it is such an honor to have our esteemed guests arrive just in time..." Chrysalis added with equal pleasure before she and Zira turned to both Thorax and Kovu by their side. "...Especially you Thorax..."

"...Kovu..." Zira growled while both emitted small gulps before continuing to stand their ground against their them.

Scar then directed the Guard's attention to the imprisoned children along with Kyoga and her siblings being suspended in mid-air in cocoons on the ceiling.

“Apple Bloom!”

“Sweetie Belle!”

“Kyoga!”

“Let her out of there now, wannabe king!”

“Sweetie Belle! We’re here for you!”

“Don’t worry, Kyoga! We’ll get you and all out!”

Applejack, Rarity, and Kovu all stated upon seeing their helpless bodies at the villains mercy.

“It must be nice to have a big sister…” Scootaloo said sadly to herself looking downcast before silently reminding herself that her adopted big sisters are here as well ready to save her.

Both Twilight and Kion then wasted no time confronting both their captors.

“Okay, Scar, Chrysalis, we’re here. We made it in time for your deadline…” The former snorted.

“Now hand them over!” Kion demanded of them.

Scar simply chuckled while ruffling the mane on the top of his head. “You sure got that fiery spirit inside and that’s what I like about you, Kion…” His great nephew quickly backed away to get Scar to quit playing around with him like that. “…but I’m afraid the only way that’s going to happen is if you fight us for them.”

“No problem!” Kion stated before locking eyes with him ready to unleash the Roar on him and Chrysalis and their followers…

…but when he moved to roar…all that came out was a squeak.

Scar, Chrysalis, and the others stiffed laughter when he desperately tries to use the Roar on them but nothing came out other than a harmless kid-like roar before bursting out into laughter at his feeble attempts. Due to taking a hard hit from when he got knocked aside and landed face-first with neck pain in his throat from when he landed awkwardly on it, his ability to use the Roar was stunned.

“What’s the matter…” Chrysalis smugly remarked. “...Cat got your tongue.” Kion placed a paw on his hurting throat trying to figure out what’s wrong before being swatted aside and into the changeling’s grasp for him to be cocooned.

With Kion taken care of, Chrysalis then turned to Twilight while grabbing her by the cheeks and pressing them together. “You’re so much trouble for such a tiny thing. Hrm. You don’t amount to much up close, don’t you?”

“Twilight is twice the pony you are!” Fluttershy retorted in her friend’s defense.

“And she will never turn her back on us!” Ono firmly added with full assertive like her Pegasus friend.

Rainbow then eyed the changelings and lionesses surrounding them. “And we expected this, come on!”

“Yep. Let’s go! You, big guy…” Applejack challenged said changeling approaching them. “…come at me!”

Zira then turned to Scar along with Chrysalis to request permission to engage with their enemies. “Shall we attack?”

“Yes you may…” Scar granted her request before turning to the others. “Attack!”

“Detain the rest, leave Twilight Sparkle for us.” Chrysalis added before she and the others lunged at the crew ready to take them down.

“Eek!”

“Hapana!”

“Bring it!”

“Yeah. Let’s do this!”

Fluttershy and Ono yelped in fright while Fuli and Rainbow both were quick to tackle their challenge by quickly taking on both Nuka and Vitani.

The battle between the Guard along with the changelings and lions ensued with both Scar and Chrysalis taking on Twilight, Zira taking on Fuli for tackling her son and daughter, while the others take on the other changelings and lions attacking them. Both parties weren’t afraid to get vicious and defensive with their attacks and both parties likewise weren’t afraid to try think to their advantage even if it’s through dirty means.

“You can’t win! We have love on our side!” Twilight said defiantly to both Chrysalis and Scar each trying to take her down with their magic.

Chrysalis scoffed in response. “Pfft! Love. Love is fickle. Love can change. Love can be consumed and the leftovers of a heart spit out like seed.

“No love is…” Twilight fired back until taking a beam to her scarred eye. “Ow!”

“And, above all, love will not save you today.” She further snarled to the unicorn rubbing her eye in discomfort who still fires an angered look in her direction back at the queen having an increased surge of power flow through her body along with Scar. “The comet is approaching. I can feel my magic getting stronger…” She then turns and sees the others evenly matched really dragging it out to much to her dislike since neither opponent was able to gain the upper hoof in their respective fights. “…and it is awfully difficult to monologue when you peons are being so loud.” She shouted at them to which left them rather confused before resuming their respective duels.

“What’s a peon?” Sweetie Belle asked while both Gumba and Shauku were both trying to resist bursting into laughter due to how funny it sounds.

“Don’t do it! Do not laugh!” Shauku said to his partner while still smiling like they are snickering.

“I’m trying.”

“I think it was an insult.” Apple Bloom answered just when Chrysalis decides to put an end to the stalemate going on by sending her magic to quickly entrap the rest of the Guard in cocoons.

“That’s better.” Chrysalis said with a look of satisfaction while Zira shakes her head in disapproval because she was enjoying the fight so far.

“Aw, man.” Nuka complained. “I was starting to have that Pegasus dead to rights.”

“Since when?!” Rainbow scoffed.

“Maybe he meant me.” Fluttershy voiced and looked aside rather ashamed that she is not much of a getting face-first with foes that try to attack her in contrast to her bold and cocky friend.

Twilight quickly stood in her friend’s defense when both Chrysalis and Zira moved towards the imprisoned and turned changeling and lion cub with eyes of vengeance for their “betrayal.”

“And now for some much needed satisfaction…”

“…Against two traitors to the crown…now get out of the way, Twilight!”

The two said with both Thorax and Kovu terrified and helpless unable to defend themselves against their insane mother’s so blinded by vengeance.

“No!” But even so, Twilight is not about to them hurt them on her watch. “I will not let you hurt my friends.” Twilight then had her horned sparked and fueled by the comet’s power when she snorted a little steam from her nostrils before sending a massive blast of magic right at both Chrysalis and Zira to which forced them back with the former’s wings slightly singed as a result.

“How…how did you…” Chrysalis voiced with wide eyed shock along with Zira who both stood in front of the wall now incinerated by the unicorn’s enhanced magic.

“How could you possibly…” Zira asked with her voice now quiet and speechless at that massive display of magic along with the rest of the Guard who were all equally stunned with what had just happened because of the comet enhancing her powers.

Fluttershy and Ono were both covering their eyes finding that really frightening to see what could have been a fatal catastrophe if they were right in front of the unicorn themselves.

“Hevi Kabisa.”

“Wow! Twilight…that was…”

“Amazing.”

“Destructive.”

“Poa.”

“Un-Bunga-veiable.”

“Hapana!”

“Scary.”

Kion, Applejack, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Beshte, Bunga, Ono, and Pinkie all voiced their exact thoughts.

Rarity however… “You ruined the drapes!” She gasped. “Those were embroidered silk.”

“Oh, give it a rest, Rarity.” Fuli hissed at the fashion obsessed unicorn before turning back to Twilight who still had her eyes locked on both Chrysalis and Zira firm against them getting close to both Thorax and Kovu. “…but that seriously is some incredible power there.”

“It sure was.” Twilight replied before Scar steps forward with something to say.

“Indeed.” He said with a sinister vibe. “Once again you continue to impress me with very incredible power. Power that is very qualified to be worth ruling over Equestria and the Pride Lands more so than both Princess Celestia and King Simba could ever hope to achieve.” He then placed a paw on the back of her shoulder. “Suppose you want to reconsider your stance towards me this time around?”

“Suppose I were to say no like before, what do you think you’re going do to me? Scar my other eye?” Twilight returned assertively on her stance.

“Oh no…” Scar returned with another dark idea in mind and a matching smile. “…nothing like that Twilight. Even if you say no once more, I still find ways to get you to do and say otherwise.”

“Like what?” She inquired while turning her head aside suspiciously wondering where he is going with this with her guard still up.

Scar turned to the changeling queen with a nod to allow her to speak up while entrapping the unicorn with her magic capable of draining the life and love of her against her will.

“I can drain emotion…the essence of a being. I can take a new form, but this…devastation? I want it.” Chrysalis began while locking eyes with the scarred unicorn. “I brought you here today to drain your magic…to devour your power…perhaps…”

“Knew it was a trap! I called it!” Rainbow once more stated with a “I told everyone!” tone.

“No!” Twilight once more refused. “You can’t achieve my kind of magic through just raw ability, its focused study. You’ll never be able to do what I just did because you don’t know how.”

“Come on, Twilight…” Chrysalis tried to encourage her to reconsider. “…think about the things I could show you. The things you could show me. The doors we can open for each other. Together alongside Scar we could rule.”

“No!” Twilight still wasn’t changing her mind. “I’d rather become a drained husk of myself… I’ll never join you! I’ll never join Scar! And I’ll never teach you both anything!”

“Then how about this, Twilight…” Scar chimed in with a sadistic choice. “…You agree to stay with us and teach us the destructive properties of magic and I will not harm your fellow Lion and Pony Guard companions.”

“Twilight! No! It’s a trick!” Applejack cried.

“A trap. Come on.” Rainbow further complained.

“Don’t listen to them!”

“You are better than this!”

Both Beshte and Fuli spoke up against what they are trying to force their friend into.

“What’s “C”? I hope it’s not “all of the above.”, I was always terrible with multiple choice tests!” Pinkie remarked.

“I wonder why?” Ono sarcastically commented figuring it’s no brainer considering her personality. “I don’t suppose you graduated did you?”

“Oh, I did.” Pinkie quickly assured with a wide smile. “Just didn’t do well with multiple choice.”

“Whatever it is hopefully it’s “Take a Third Option around this.”” Kion then spoke up wanting to get back on track here. “Because seeing Twilight turn evil is the last thing any of us want to see.”

“No kidding.”

“Those are horrible choices.”

Both Shauku and Sweetie Belle voiced in agreement against what it is being put on the table.

“How can she expect to come out on top?”

Gumba further questioned.

Like Pinkie Apple Bloom had another random thought at a bad time, “I can’t go before I’ve earned my cutie mark!”

“Really?”

“Nice priorities, Apple Bloom.”

“Never mind the fact we at an evil lion and changeling’s mercy with our friend forced to choice between turning evil or seeing us killed.”

Mtoto, Scootaloo, and Fuli all chastised in a dull and deadpan manner.

Twilight herself was left starting to tear up. “Everypony…everyone…” She spoke up while crying yet unable to look at them in the eyes. “…if I don’t choose her, you’ll be drained of your love…your emotions! I can’t choose that. You all mean too much to me!”

“Twilight! Think of Celestia. She would never want this for you!”

“Think of my dad, Simba! Please don’t do this! Don’t turn out to be just like Scar!”

“You can’t Twilight! You just can’t! You aren’t evil!”

Fluttershy, Rarity, and Kion all pleaded with her not to give to their demands.

Scar then summoned lightning from his paws before sending very painful shocks to the rest of the Guard who all shouted in pain. “Then how about a little preview of what’s to come?” He told her with a sadistic smirk before electrocuting the group of ponies and Pride Landers. “So…what will it be? Join us? Or lose your friend’s souls forever?”

The electricity from the bolts of lightning and shock were slowly increasing to the point the others were starting to pass out from the shock. And that was enough to get Twilight to make up her mind. “Stop it…! Just…stop…I…I…”

“Yes?”

“These ponies and group of friends are the most important ponies and friends in the world to me. I would do anything to save them. Anything.” She said with her heart full of stinging pain with every word.

“No!” Everyone pleaded with her not to give in.

But her decision was already made. “Release them. I’ll stay.”

“No!” Everyone repeated in devastation with her statement.

“Excellent.” Scar returned looking very pleased with her cooperation while Chrysalis gets giddy in excitement by clapping her hooves.

“Twilight…” Kion weakly begged with his voice wavering. “...Don’t…do this…”

“Sorry, Kion. But that’s my decision and now it’s time for everyone to go.” She said back while still not being able to look at him and the others in the eyes. “Everyone…go home. Get to Princess Celestia and King Simba. Whatever it takes, whatever happens, you come back here and fight. Fight her. Fight me if you have to.”

“But Twilight…” Beshte quietly voiced trying to reach out to her.

“…we’re you’re friends.” Bunga added with his voice cracking in desperation at the reality that one of their friends is crossing over to the dark side.

“You can fight her now!” Rainbow yelled in an attempt to tell her she has another choice.

“We believe in you, Twilight.” Fluttershy soft added to try to lift her fighting spirit to no avail.

“You can’t seriously expect us to stand by and let Chrysalis and Scar take you.” Fuli futilely attempted to reason with her.

“That blast earlier was the strongest my magic has ever been and she withstood it along with Scar and Zira… I can’t do this alone. I can’t do it without you, and I can save all of you now.” She then turns to their captors. “I chose you. Let them go.”

“Oh…it’s all so touching. I’m torn, really?” Chrysalis responded pretending to feel touched.

“Really?!” Scootaloo, Gumba, and Kambuni all asked.

“No.”

“As you wish.” Scar complied before snapping his fingers so that all of the goo imprisoning their captives are all freed.

When that happened, Kyoga, Karabi, and Lite all dropped to the ground still feeling groggily and weary from being knocked out and in a coma-like state for the last twenty-four hours before getting up on their paws wondering what they had just missed during the time they were cocooned.

“Finally! Free at last!”

“It’s about time!”

“I’m going to miss that green globby thing.”

“Not me, you haven’t had a bath in three days.”

Shauku, Gumba, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom expressed upon being freed.

“None of us had.” Mtoto pointed out and then sniffed at the little unicorn with his trunk. “But still true.”

Upon being freed Rainbow and Bunga were quick to seize an opportunity to rescue Twilight before anything else, although the three siblings were still too weak to move from their confined time away, just barely standing.

“No way we’re leaving! Come on, let’s help Twilight!”

“Yeah, Let’s!”

Everyone wasted no time coming to her aid before Scar quickly placed a magical barrier to keep them trapped inside the castle to which both the Pegasus and honey badger both crashed face-first into.

“Ow!”

“What the hay!”

“What…”

“Twilight…”

Both Rainbow and Bunga voiced along with Rarity and Fluttershy just when they get cut off by the magical barrier.

“Saving your friends is a nice sentiment…really…” Chrysalis said while blowing a taunting raspberry at Applejack and Ono who both return it in a similar manner while Apple Bloom and Bunga pout in anger in her direction. “…but I’ll still drain you of your love, just not your magic. You’ll be much more compliant with a black heart.”

“Wait…” Kion spoke up. “You didn’t say anything about…”

“…and after you’re as cold as me...” Chrysalis continued over the Lion Guard leader’s mouth. “…you’ll drain your ex-friends yourself.”

“But you said you wouldn’t hurt them!” Twilight argued.

“I’m not…” She corrected before viciously shouting in her direction while locking horns with her. “…you are.” The comet itself had arrived and the changeling queen along with the unicorn and powerful lion were all greatly enhanced with magic flowing through their veins. “Look to the sky, little Twilight. The comet is overhead. Say goodbye to your life as you know it.”

But Twilight still was not about to let Chrysalis win after what she did back at the wedding, nor Zira, nor Scar, because she too had the comet’s power on her side and has knowledge and experience in how to control and use it.

“No! I won’t…say…goodbye…” She defiantly said while getting in the queen’s face refusing to submit in defeat. “You aren’t the only one that can feel the magic in them spiking…I can fight you! You can’t take away who I am…!” She then charged her horn and quickly pushed aside her along with Scar and Zira with her magic before locking horns and claws with them in a faithful duel to decide the fate of the two worlds.

All while her friends watch on with fearful hope and anticipation that their friend will pull through in the end and not let Chrysalis and Scar win.

“You can do it, Twilight! You’re the smartest pony we know!” Fluttershy first cried out to her while watching in horror alongside Scootaloo.

“You got this!” Ono called out while shouting.

“You’re as important to us as we are to you…” Rarity added while clinging onto her little sister. “…you have to defeat them so we can all get out of this together!”

“There isn’t any pony better at magic than you!”

“Come on, pull through!”

Both Applejack and Kion called out to her while she trades blows with the three.

Whenever one of them tries to lung at them with either their claws or horns, Twilight would always manage to swiftly dodge and evade their attacks followed by quick magical attacks to force them back.

“…and you can’t take away my friends!” Twilight further shouted her defiance to the trio with her eyes now starting glow blinding hot white in fury.

“You got this, Twilight! Believe in yourself!” Pinkie shouted out her encouragement. “You…your lists are always alphabetized and color coordinated! No one knows more about the dewey decimal system than you!” She then rambled and started getting off track here which annoyed the others watching. “You can write in cursive! Your…”

“You’re the best pony we know…” Applejack cut her off.

“…and you got this! Take them down!” Bunga finished for the farm pony. “Show them what true magic really is!”

“…and you’ll never have Equestria.” Twilight further shot down her foes attempts to bring her down while starting to overwhelm both Chrysalis and Zira. “You can’t…win…this…fight!”

With another powerful blast, Zira is the first major enemy to collapse in defeat as she is sent flying backwards and landing on her stomach. She then uttered a wearily and defeated groan before dropping down after losing consciousness.

“Woo! Go Twilight!”

“She’s amazing!”

“The most awesome unicorn there is!”

Apple Bloom, Pinkie, and Bunga all cheered and commended her sheer bravery and power in the face of the most dangerous enemies to date.

“One down, two to go!” Mtoto cheered with a triumphant trumpet from his trunk.

“I want to be just like her! Look at her!” Scootaloo admired.

“Hey!” Both Rarity and Rainbow Dash stated taken aback while both Applejack and Fuli both cover their mouths to stifle their amused laughter.

“I thought you wanted to be more like me and Rainbow Dash, your big sisters.” Fuli playfully reminded.

“I do, but I also want to be like Twilight being able to perform that kind of magic. Just look at it!” Scootaloo returned without further hurting anyone’s feelings. “She’s all over this!”

With Zira defeated, Chrysalis is next on Twilight’s take down list. “You don’t know what it’s like to have friends. You could tell me what it’s like to feed on love, but you can’t tell what it’s like to truly love and be loved!” Chrysalis could only hiss before being blasted in the face with another hot beam of magic before being forced back and dropping to her knees in defeat.

With Chrysalis down and out, Scar is the only one left and is still undettered in the face of defeat. “And as for you Scar, your motivations are selfish, we fight because we know about things worth fighting for! Love! Friendship! We have things that you can’t hope to have! You envy us!”

“And you don’t know anything about fashion!”

“Or a good day’s work!”

“Nor being brave!”

“Or being very keen to your very surroundings!”

“Bunnies!”

“Strength to be a true leader!”

“Speed required to stay on top of us!”

“Friendly..ish competition!”

“Parties!”

“And above all, the fierce determination to succeed no matter what!”

The rest of the Lion and Pony Guard chimed in with their courage showing in the face of the evil lion.

“Sisterhood!”

“Brotherhood!”

“Valor!”

“Character and true hearts.”

Apple Bloom, Mtoto, Kwato, Kambuni all added.

“And you don’t know about love.” Scootaloo repeated.

“Twilight already said that…yeesh!” Sweetie Belle reminded.

“Stay on point girls, stay on point.” Gumba quickly whispered back before Twilight resumes to finish Scar off.

But he still had some words to say. “Maybe so and I don’t deny my methods are harsh…but having power to back up yourself up with along with being able to walk the talk and winning tends to settle any argument. Try to keep that in mind should the roles be reversed.”

“Ponies and lions who can’t do things themselves tell others that they can’t do it…I can stand up to you.” Twilight quickly countered. “And I can win!”

“Oh dear…” Scar said with a pretend resigned tone before quickly putting up a force field to protect himself and his followers just when Twilight unleashes her most powerful comet-enhanced attack to send all of her enemies away.

“Everypony duck!” Rainbow yelled while quickly protecting Scootaloo at the same time Rarity protects Sweetie Belle.

“Take cover!”

“Incoming!”

“Whoa!”

Fuli and Ono all screamed along with Applejack gasping while shielding her little sister as everyone all protects themselves with Kion and Beshte quickly leaping down to protect the fan club.

“There are ducks here?! Oh no! Protect them.” Fluttershy gasped literally-minded before being yanked down to the ground by Kyoga.

“Just take cover!” She shouted when Twilight creates a magical explosion so huge the roof of the castle was blown off along with another castle wall from sending away the enemies just when Thorax quickly works his magic to protect their friends from getting blown away too.

Once the dust was settled just when the comet was finishing up in passing by, a huge scorch mark was left behind from where every enemy gathered was. Once again, the day was saved, Twilight had won on behalf of the Lion and Pony Guard.

“Poa!”

“Amazing!”

Both Beshte and Bunga congratulated their unicorn friend who is still sporting her white glowing eyes just when Thorax cancels his force field once they were all safe from her destructive magic.

“Twilight?! Are you okay!” Kion asked upon seeing she is still in that state.

“Twilight?!” Fuli repeated.

“Twilight? Wake up!” Rainbow shouted before slapping her in the face.

“Ow!” She complained before opening her eyes to show her normal purple eyes after snapping out of her powerful state. “Rainbow! You didn’t have to hit me! Ow!”

“She’s okay...Huh?” Rainbow happily told everyone just when Twilight taps her on the shoulder and…

POW!

…takes a sudden punch to the face which knocked her out cold.

“As of now.” Twilight said with a satisfied smirk after delivering payback to which Fuli and Applejack were both laughing in amusement before making their way out of the castle to recap and catch up with each other upon reuniting with one and another.


While they were doing so, a group of Pegasus royal guards flew in with Spike and the rulers of the Pride Lands and Equestria in tow.

“Look, it’s the princesses!” Fluttershy happily pointed in their direction.

“Mom! Dad!” Kion said happily before quickly moving to reunite with his parents at the same time Twilight embraced her mother-like mentor along with her son-like figure.

“Kion!” Simba greeted.

“Twilight Sparkle! Spike got to me as quickly as he could…” Celestia returned the head nuzzle to her student. “What happened here?”

“That was so quick, Spike. Thank you.” Rainbow sarcastically remarked for showing up with backup just when everything was taken care of.

“It wasn’t easy…” Spike returned while dropping a pile of scrolls to the floor. “Look at how many times I got a “Please try again later.” response.”

“I was being sarcastic.” Rainbow irritably corrected.

“Gesundheit!”

Fuli chuckled in amusement while Scootaloo widen her eyes at the pile of papers Spike placed down on the ground. “Welcome to the snark club, Ms. Speedy. For someone so brave, you’re one bright pony.”

“Oh, thanks.” Rainbow smiled but then realized. “Hey!”

Just after finishing their hug, both Twilight and Kion noticed that the king, queen, baby dragon, and princesses are all sported bandages all over their bodies, scratch marks, bruises, with Spike wearing an eye-patch over his right eye.

“Err…what happened to you?”

“Are you all okay?”

“Oh, a horde of giant, magical cockatrice attacked Canterlot during the comet.” Celestia explained.

“I rode one into the center of town and saved the city!” Spike added with hearts in his eyes towards his crush standing next to Kion. “It was awesome! I had a trident and your dad braved the face of danger to take down those giant birds.”

“You did?” Kion turned to his father who simply smiled.

“I sure did, because no one messes with your dad.” Simba returned with a friendly and slightly playful and serious tone that states he is their king who will protect his subjects no matter what.

“He was very brave!” Celestia also commended.

“Wow!”

“So…you did what?”


During the interim, Spike has spent the last forty-eight hours trying to get ahold of Princess Celestia and King Simba with no luck.

“That’s it! I’ve been trying to get ahold of the princess and the king for two days! I can’t just sit here and do nothing. I’m going to Canterlot.”

At that point, he has resolved to do so on foot.

When he arrived with the castle in close distance, he noticed that there are giant cockatrices floating around a pink magical force field dome to keep them out. “Er…maybe I better hurry.”

A long run and forty-two leg cramps later he managed to get to the streets of Canterlot where they are full and invaded by giant cockatrice birds.

“I’ve…” Huff! “…got to get…” Pant “…to the…“ huff “…princess and king!”

“Spike?” Said voices said in unison upon seeing him.

“Princess Celestia! King Simba! What’s happening here?”

“These giant, mutant cockatrices are using the magical surge of the comet to attack Canterlot!” The former explained while trying to remain on guard in case one of them tries to advance on her.

“And we’ve been trying our hardest to keep them at bay!” Simba added before quickly spotting one trying to make a move on Celestia.

He quickly charged and roared at the giant before leaping up and swung his claws at the giant’s killer red eyes before following it up by grabbing it by the legs and tossing the cockatrice away and over the hills.

“…so….” Spike then said upon seeing their urgent predicament. “…this would be a bad time to ask you both to leave here and go help both Twilight and Kion?”

“What?! Is Kion okay?!”

“What happened to Twilight Sparkle?”

Both leaders reacted in alarm wondering what their predicament is.

“Well, it all started when the changelings took over Ponyville the other day…” Spike began which further shocked both the king and princess with every word processing in their minds.

“What?!”

While the battle waged on, Spike continued explaining to them of what the Lion and Pony Guard have been doing in the meantime. “…three fillies and five Pride Landers kids were taken by…” He recalled when they all landed in the center fountain with only upper half of their heads emerged from the water before getting ensured by one cockatrice screeching from the top of the rooftops. “…and then we all found all of Ponyville trapped in pods…!”

After enduring and gaining their injuries in battle when Simba sunk his claws into the cockatrice holding them captive in order to get the creature to let go of them they then prepared another offensive attack against them. “…and then Scar and the Queen of the Changelings challenged them to find them in three days…”

Following forcing the giant flock of cockatrice on the defense they along with the royal guards prepared another charge towards to get them to retreat with Spike now sporting a trident in tow when the comet passes over Canterlot. “…but we couldn’t get ahold of you…”

“…we’ve been busy!” Celestia returned more focused on stopping the urgent crisis on hoof before she, Simba, and Spike prepare to put an end to this waging battle against them.

Upon emerging victorious with the whole flock of giants now dead in their tracks (literally) once the comet passed over, the few ponies and guards gathered together to reward the baby dragon for his accomplishment in his valor in battle.

“…And we owe this victory to young Spike! Take a bow Spike.” Celestia said to him who did exactly that before being awarded a medal and two bouquets of flowers.

A reward so great and touching that Spike was reduced to happy tears. “The sidekick finally gets his medal!” He sniffed with a big wide smile.

“Now, let’s go get Twilight, Kion, and their friends.” Celestia said while leaning down to his eye level.

“Just a second…” He pleaded while still crying tears of joy. “…I want to enjoy this moment.”

“Of course.” Simba allowed with an understanding smile.

After allowing Spike to have his moment of savoring glory, they all headed on over to the abandoned castle just after Scar, Chrysalis, and their follower’s defeat just minutes ago where they meet up with the victorious Lion and Pony Guard emerging from the back entrance.


“Mayor Mare gave me a medal!” Spike proudly presented them after finishing their recap.

“Way to go, Spike!” Both Twilight and Rarity proudly each returned with a hoof-bump.

“So many villains tend to pop up during events like this!” Celestia groaned in annoyance. “Manehattan had a giant, magical marshmallow pony attack the city!”

“To which your mother and me were quick to take care of.” Luna said with a stoic and tired expression.

“And it wasn’t easy.” Nala tiredly added with emphasis.

“I swear, I was so lost just trying to navigate the place.” Luna voiced still feeling frustrated enough while recalling trying to make sense of the map she was provided.

“What?” Pinkie exclaimed in dismay. “Why couldn’t we have gone there? S’mores!”

“Aww, man!” Bunga complained. “That would have been so much fun!”

Kion was left at a loss for words for his friend’s bizarre thoughts before turning back towards his parents along with the Princesses.

“But I digress…” Celestia said before moving on to something else mainly… “…Please, Twilight, Kion, give me the rundown of what happened here.”

“Was Scar here?” Simba asked with sudden concern.

“I’d be glad to!” Twilight happily began. “Well…”

Suddenly, the kids all quickly rushed in front of them to rapidly sum it up in short sentences.

“We were filly and kidnapped by both Scar and Queen Chrysalis!” Apple Bloom began.

“It was awful.” Sweetie Belle added. “Chrysalis was so boring…and evil. Evilly boring.”

“And Scar, boy oh boy, Scar was like the big red and black scary devil from Tartarus.”

“He might seem like the guy who might be willing to chat with you at first on the outside, but on the inside he is a monster who will find ways scare you to death.”

Both Shauku and Gumba relayed to both the king and princess who both knowing that statement is fairly accurate given his atrocities he has committed along the way.

“While Chrysalis was all “I’mma getchoo Twilight! And your little pony friends too!” Scootaloo added while mocking her.

“And Scar was all creepy and scary even when he’s being charming and polite about it.” Kambuni said with his killing of one of the cat creatures still fresh in her mind.

“And then Twilight blasted them into next week!”

“It was amazing!”

Both Mtoto and Kwato added very excited with her most recent duel still fresh off of their minds.

“And we helped!” Sweetie Belle cheerfully added.

“Well, that’s quite a story!” Celestia commented while feeling impressed with what she is hearing.

“It sure is.” Simba agreed while turning to the damage done at the castle. “And from the looks of it, that sure was quite some fight she put up against Scar.”

“It sure was!” Kambuni voiced while flapping her ostrich wings in excitement

“We were moral support!” Apple Bloom said in the same tone before turning to her blank flank. “Princess? What’s a cutie mark in moral support look like?”

All the kids were so full of energy they could not stopping talking with a great deal to say to the point their respective sisters and adoptive siblings all had to pull them out of the princess’s and king’s personal space.

“Okay kids, let’s tone it down a little.”

“Yeah, let’s give the princess and king some breathin’ room, fillies.”

“That includes the five of you too.”

“Manners, Sweetie Belle.”

Beshte, Applejack, Kion, and Rarity all said to Mtoto, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle along with the Lion Guard fan club to remind them they are both princess and king and have to be treated like royalty to a proper extent.

“I do apologize for her behavior.” Fuli added sincerely to which Twilight, Celestia, and Nala giggled slightly in amusement with their full of energy antics.

“Me too.” Kyoga said looking amused herself before focusing on what everyone is really interested and hearing about once more. “Now about catching us up on what we missed aside from that duel with Scar and Chrysalis during the comet…”


Everyone then got together after putting together a campfire just outside of the castle. Much to both Pinkie and Bunga’s delight, there were s’mores provided by both Luna and Nala from their duel against the marshmallow creature that previously attacked Manehattan and everyone would get to hear of what everyone was doing during the comet.

By the time everyone heard the full story, all of the kids had fallen asleep with many of them sleeping in their older siblings hoofs and comfort along with their adoptive older siblings with Scootaloo resting on the white alicorn's back.

“We also fought trolls and spiders!” Fluttershy recalled to the sun princess. “It was…exhilarating? No, that’s not the right word…” She then corrected herself. “…terrifying? Yes, that’s it.”

“Mmm. Sounds about right if you’re afraid of spiders.” Kyoga remarked finding that description fair.

“And I made myself Equestria’s most brilliant disguise!” Pinkie added.

Before Kyoga could even ask, Rainbow quickly flew over to place her hooves over her mouth. “Please, for the love of Simba, don’t.”

Simba chuckled in response to having heard that. “Interesting. I didn’t know it was a thing to use my name as an expression.” He then turned to his son with his best friend standing beside him. “And from what we’re hearing, it sounds like we weren’t the only ones who had quite an adventure.”

“It sure is and I can’t wait to hear all about for you.” Celestia nodded while turning to her prized pupil. “But please, tell me, where is changeling queen along with the tyrannical lion now?”

“Are there around?” Simba asked with concern ready to bare his claws if they are still nearby.

“Not to worry, your majesties.” Twilight assured. “They both have been sent far, far away from here, somewhere they won’t be able to break out of for a while…”


At that moment, Scar, Chrysalis, Zira and their followers have all reappeared right outside and in front of the Outlands Volcano where steaming smoke from inside is brewing from it to which has been for as long as Scar can remember. Scar dusted himself off casually before turning to his followers recovering from the surge they felt from the teleportation.

“Whew…!” Nuka shaked his legs with his fur and small scraggly mane all standing up. “…try to warn me next time you’re going to do that.”

Scar turned to him with an annoyed look. “My apologies, but I believe I did say to be ready to expect it since it was part of the plan.”

“Well, it sure worked wonders.” Chrysalis sarcastically grumbled that another opportunity went up in smoke once more while treating herself to an ice bag on her head along with Zira along with bandages to cover the bruises and wounds they endured from their duel with Twilight.

“And you sure are picking up my tone there.” Scar responded equally sarcastic before explaining with a magical visual of the unicorn appearing before her. “And for information, everything still went exactly as planned.”

“How?” Chrysalis questioned still baffled considering they didn’t take over Equestria nor the Pride Lands today. “We still came back with nothing!”

“Remember what I said about plants and how they grow…” He reminded her who still looked lost in thought so he had to have a lavender purple flower appear for a repeat demonstration. “…with proper care, they can turn out the way you want them to grow…” He then held the flower then added sprinkles dark magic into it which then turned the flower petals into a mixture of a darker shade of purple and black infused into it. “…the way you want it to grow. Which is exactly what happened when we put Twilight through that whole ordeal.”

“It was?”

“Of course!”

“But then why did she still turn against us?! How much more does it take to get that unicorn to come to our side and serve us in our conquest for Equestria and the Pride Lands?!”

“Patience Chrysalis, Patience…” Scar calmly reminded her. “…these things take time and a cool head in order for things to work out the way you want them to.” He then turned towards the top of the volcano where he would make his way to the caldera where Chrysalis would follow after him inside wondering what he has in mind now for the next part of his plan. “And when you do exactly that…” He added while using his magic to levitate lava before walking back outside and directed her attention to a patch of grass in the Pride Lands up ahead.

He motioned his paw so he can throw the lava right at it which incinerated the grass into ashes and melted the rock that was there into a pile of soft gloop upon contact which further impressed the changeling queen. “…it gives very promising results in your favor.”

“Of course.” Chrysalis then said trying to now act like she knew it from the start. “That’s just what I was thinking.”

“Then believe me when I tell you that soon the perfect opportunity will come to when we can finally achieve our revenge and take over the Pride Lands and Equestria.” Scar then said while pulling up a visual recap of Twilight in action during the comet along with the current image of her spending time with her mentor. “And by then the flower of doom will have bloomed into a thing of beauty. A beauty of evil that will help us take back what’s rightfully ours…” He then sinisterly grinned ready to count down the days for that very momentous occasion soon to happen…

Author's Note:

In Part Four, we have another much anticipated scene in this mid-season finale the showdown between the Guard against Scar, Chrysalis, and their army with eyes set on the comets enhancing powers when it passes by with Scar and Chrysalis having locked eyes on Twilight Sparkle.

Both leaders are once again attempting persuade the leader of the Pony Guard to come to their side in their pursuit of conquest in an evenly matching magical battle. But even with the hardships of the journey and fighting off a changeling queen, a deranged lioness, and a magically enhanced mastermind, her inner strength prevails over all three of them in the fight for the two kingdoms. And it prevails in another victory for the Lion and Pony Guard.

Aside from the recap not much to explain other than the fact that even with the outcome, Scar is still satisfied with the result from what happened over these last three days. And why anyone might ask? Because he managed to plant the seeds in his pursuit of a victory that will soon flourish once it is ready.

And that will be all for this month and when we get back on Labor Day weekend, we will have "The Traveling Baboon Show." up next where a series of food theft has been committed through the Pride Lands, and without saying anything else, it has something do with our titular cast having some sneaky tricks behind their backs that'll draw everyone's attention away from their surroundings. So until then, stay tuned...