• Published 8th Feb 2021
  • 1,416 Views, 38 Comments

Emerald - A random pony oc



A changeling queen nymph finds herself alone in a forest not far from Ponyvile. Copying herself as a pony foal, Applejack finds her and took care of her. Of course, with a queen, it needs a kingdom...

  • ...
5
 38
 1,416

The Nest

Emerald deems everything as her belonging, so to pick a place to build a nest was a difficult task. Where would the best place be? And would it be beneficial to the Hive? As a queen, she needed the best for her subjects, and the worst for her enemies.

But then she had a great idea. Why pick one location, when she could use the whole of Equestria instead? Therefore, she can have an upgraded version of the Hive, and she wouldn't have to choose anywhere. If it's a disadvantage to build in a specific place, she'll just send a manager to there, she couldn't care less.

After all, she did things for glory, not work.

So after a few months after the conquest of Canterlot, she started to rebuild it to a much more efficient place...


A few months back


After a few hours of the Canterlot takeover, Emerald ceased fighting due to the fact that the ponies surrendered. Her beloved army had them cornered in front of her, with them cowering, whether noble or not. Fillies and foals cried as their mother hushed them.

"The population had a fatal blow, and there's not much survivors. Some escaped, but we're hunting them down as we speak. That is most of the damage sustained for the population, my queen." A changeling reported. Emerald nodded as she turned to the crowd of ponies.

"Take them away to the Canterlot dungeon, punish those who try to escape. If they even can of course." she dismissingly said. The army surrounded the crowd as they marched down to the castle. Wails and more became more quiet as they settled in the distance, becoming smaller in the distance.

Emerald then turned to Peridot Wing and the others as they were waiting for her command.

"The Gem Crew will manage turning the ponies I deem worthy into their superior race, changelings. You will train the population through gruesome tasks. You'll be doing it in the dungeons too." she said.

But then Coral Fang asked, "But where would we put the NRHM's?"

Emerald made a rarely used confused expression.

"It stands for newly recruited hive members? We can't fit the whole Hive into Ponyville, since it's already very crowded." Coral clarified. The others agreed too, saying that it'll be too problematic and saying that Emerald should choose, given that she's the queen after all.

Emerald then sank into thought. It was a very good question, where should she put the newly constructed Hive?

"Well, for now let's fix up the damage we caused. Get some of our specialized forces to do it. I'll be counting on you!" Emerald said as she avoided the question for now. She just knew her minions would do whatever she said. Their loyalty knew no bounds.

"We'll promise to do our best Queen." They said in union.

"We'll set up camp over there, and we'll start construction tomorrow. Okay?" Emerald added. The Gem Crew bowed as they worshipped their Queen, as they immediately set off to do their tasks.

"Hey, Amethyst!" Emerald suddenly called out. Amethyst Hive stood in place as she turned to face Emerald again.

"Yes, my Queen?" she obediently said.

'Looks like she got a bit less shy.' Emerald thought. She motioned for Amethyst to come closer.

"I need you to be the manager of the project." Emerald said. She knew this is a bit sudden, but why not put her to the test? She needed reliable subjects, or else they're not any better than the ponies.

"I will do it, my queen. But I have one question." She said while bowing.

"What is it, my loyal advisor?" Emerald said curiously.

"Why me?" Amethyst answered. She was looking at Emerald face to face with confusion written on her face.

"I'm very honored, but I'm sure there's more people better than me for the task." she added.

"That's because I know you can do it. Don't get me wrong though, there is much more better people for the job. If you think that you can't do it, just tell me." Emerald said while turning around. She then started to fly back to the temporary camp.

Author's Note:

A smidge more wholesome, Emerald is back!