• Published 17th May 2021
  • 355 Views, 18 Comments

"Proverbial," and Other Very Short Stories - Mockingbirb



Sebastian, a human in Equestria, wants to meet the alicorn goddesses for help getting back home. Turns out, there's some paperwork first.

  • ...
1
 18
 355

"Daring Do's Third Most Embarrassing Mistake Ever (A Shortage of Wisdom)" [Adventure; Rated E for Everyone]

In the depths of a monumental granite maze, Daring Do leaped between different paving stones, each marked with its own symbol or pictogram. As she leaped, she recited to herself, "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, bee...ay!"

One of the wall's stones rotated, exposing a secret chamber.

"Yes!" Daring said. She scooped out exotic gold coins, old documents, and a chalice bedecked with precious stones.

Behind her, a donkey cleared her throat.

Daring spun around. "What? Are you here to congratulate me on solving the Mystery of the Ancient Donkey Temple of Wisdom?"

The donkey snorted. "The Ancient Temple of Donkey Wisdom is half a mile away. This is the Third National Bank of Donkeystan. You just hacked my pin number, and stole everything out of my safety deposit box."

Daring Do blushed. "Sorry," she said. "I always get the Old Donkish runes for wealth and wisdom confused."

Author's Note:

Moderators: my 2022 April 5th one-on-one discord discussion with ElDorado could be relevant here.