• Published 17th May 2021
  • 354 Views, 18 Comments

"Proverbial," and Other Very Short Stories - Mockingbirb



Sebastian, a human in Equestria, wants to meet the alicorn goddesses for help getting back home. Turns out, there's some paperwork first.

  • ...
1
 18
 354

"Growing the Family Tree" [Comedy; Rated E for Everyone]

Author's Note:

"This chapter is for the 'Arboreal Yearnings Story Contest I' (this text is a link.)" But that isn't true! This is just a FORMAT EXAMPLE, NOT a real contest entry!
:twilightsmile:

How to make the colored and underlined link style shown above:
[u][color=blue][b][url=https://www.fimfiction.net/group/216891/arboreal-yearnings-id-like-to-be-a-tree-fluttershy-said/thread/512229/arboreal-yearnings-story-contest-id-like-to-be-a-tree]"This chapter is for the 'Arboreal Yearnings Story Contest I' (this text is a link.)"[/url][/b][/color][/u]

1. This is an example of how even if a 'mini-story' isn't long enough for fimfiction.net to allow the mini-story to be published to fimfiction.net as a 'story' on its own, a story contest could still have a rule to allow the mini-story as an entry.

2. This mini-story wouldn't really qualify for the "Arboreal Yearnings Story Contest I," because (1) it's by a judge and contest runner, (2) mini-story's first publication wasn't during the contest period. Also, it's barely about TREES at all, is it?

"Dahwhinny had it pahtly wrong, and pahtly right," Filthy Rich opined.

"What do you mean, daddy?" asked Diamond Tiara.

"He said all creatures evolve bah the survival of the fittest. An' you know what that means."

"I'm not sure I do."

"Some ponies think fittest means the fastest."

"Well, running or flying super fast can be useful."

"Some ponies think it means the strongest."

"Once I saw Bulk Biceps rescue a pony who was trapped under an overturned cart."

Filthy nodded. "Twilight maht think the smahtest is the fittest t' survive."

"Smarts are good too," Diamond said.

Filthy smiled. "But if you want to use somepony's speed, or strength, or smahts, you know what it takes."

Diamond batted her eyelashes. "I'd ask my daddy to use his money. Just hire them."

Filthy chuckled. "Richest is best. And that's why tomorrow, you're marryin' the richest, ugliest pony in Equestria."

"What?!"