• Published 17th May 2021
  • 355 Views, 18 Comments

"Proverbial," and Other Very Short Stories - Mockingbirb



Sebastian, a human in Equestria, wants to meet the alicorn goddesses for help getting back home. Turns out, there's some paperwork first.

  • ...
1
 18
 355

"Drama Queen" [Comedy, Slice of Life; Rated E for Everyone]

"Everypony? Is there anycreature here who can't pull their legs up onto their chair?" The hostess looked around. "Great!"

Minutes later, a flood had submerged the room to a depth of three hoofwidths. On a small rowboat with a fake sail and a Jolly Roger pirate flag, two ponies fought with swords.

"Avast ye!"

"I shall never yield!" But a sword pierced the speaker's naval uniform. "Aaa!" The pony fell dramatically into the water. The splash drenched Twilight's hayburger, washing away the pickles.

The winner rowed the boat back into the kitchen.

When the flood drained away, Twilight got up to leave. The hostess stopped her. "What did you think?"

Twilight sighed. "It was...unique."

"I KNOW! I only have one question."

Twilight shook her head.

"What's a good name for a fast casual restaurant where the employees show off their acting talents?"

Without a word, Twilight left.

Author's Note:

"I don't alwaysoften write feghoots. But when I do, I try to find a way to make them work in 150 characters or less without putting any puns inside the story."

In the United States and at least twenty other countries, there is a very well-known fast food chain named "Dairy Queen." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dairy_Queen#Global_operations)
I like to think this story works ok (if differently) even if you've never heard of that chain.