• Published 17th May 2021
  • 355 Views, 18 Comments

"Proverbial," and Other Very Short Stories - Mockingbirb



Sebastian, a human in Equestria, wants to meet the alicorn goddesses for help getting back home. Turns out, there's some paperwork first.

  • ...
1
 18
 355

Shooting Stars (A Mordetwi Fanfic) [Slice of Life; Rated T for Teen (Death)]

In the ruins of a coconut plantation on a deserted tropical island, a nerdy-looking girl sat wearing glasses and ripped, torn clothes. She scratched her dark, magenta-striped hair.

On the beach in front of her, a row of three signal fires burned. She doubted anyone but herself would ever see them.

She looked up at the night sky. Another meteoroid entered the atmosphere, burning a glowing trail across the heavens.

She sang, "Can we pretend that shooting stars...in the night sky...are AEROPLANES? Cause I could really use a RESCUE now. I could really use a RESCUE now."

She heard birdsong from a nearby tree. The girl picked up a rock and threw it. A moment later, a bird fell to the sand.

She bent over it, studying its blue plumage. "Huh. What's a Cyanocitta cristata doing here?" She shrugged. "At least it's something I can eat that isn't another coconut."

Author's Note:

So, I heard there's this thing called Mordetwi. :twilightsmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjcELflSkJE

If you want to see more short short stories by me, you can look at "Proverbial," and Other Very Short Stories.