• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 998 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Exiles of the Empire - Hikarikurai24587



One change, one simple change brings chaos to the galaxy

  • ...
6
 14
 998

Dawn of Solace

Chapter Seven: Dawn of Solace

Anakin observed Spike in silence before sitting down on the ground saying. “I know how you feel, I know how much you desire revenge. Lesson number one, Spike: A Jedi’s purpose is not to seek revenge. No matter if it is for the sake of justice, revenge will lead to the Dark Side. There are two sides to the Force: The Dark Side and the Light Side. When the two sides are in balance everything is in balance. However those who use the Dark Side of the Force rarely care to keep the balance. They allow their emotions to fuel them and take what they desire. Some feed off the fear and suffering of others. People like Palpatine and Darth Cyrin use the Dark Side of the Force.”

“But it isn’t fair! How can I just push everything I’m feeling aside? After what they did to Twilight?” Spike argued, feeling frustrated of what has been asked of him. Anakin, at a loss of what to say, thought for a moment before speaking slowly. “I know it is hard, I too have lost many of my loved ones through acts of violence.”

Anakin reaches out, clasping Spike's shoulder firmly and with shaky breath he continues. “Only once did I truly lose control, and in my moment of rage, I took the lives of those who were innocent of the crimes of others.” As he confessed these words, eyes heavy with regret as he gazed into the young Dragon's own rage filled eyes. “If it wasn’t for my own Master, I would have lost my way.”

Spike looked away in shame, unable to hold the Jedi’s gaze. Deep down he knew that Twilight would not wish for him to seek vengeance for her death. Yet the desire remained, like a weed rooted deep within his heart. Resolve grew in him as he asked. “Are you going to be my master?”

Spikes eyes glanced back at him, but what he saw made anger swell within. For that brief moment, hesitation flashed across Anakin’s face. Before he could give a response, Spike stormed away without a word. Anakin let his head drop, rubbing the back of his head as he mumbled. “Well that could have gone better.”


Outside of the Medical bay, AppleJack let out a heavy sigh as she glanced down at the jargon displayed on the data pad. With a grunt of frustration she tapped at it harshly with her hoof, only for it to display more strange symbols that she associated with the humans. Yet she was glad at this frustration, for she knew that if she stopped for a minute, even a second, that the weight of everything that has happened would break her down to tears. She was alone. No Family. No Twilight. Shoot, not even an Apple Tree. There she was trying to be everyone’s pillar, breaking wasn’t an option. A hesitant voice broke her out of her stupor. “Excuse me, Applejack?”

Applejack spun around, ready to kick the fool who surprised her. It was Anakin, the human that Twilight placed her trust in. “There is one thin' 'bout us ponies you should know: do not, and I repeat, do not sneak up behind a pony. We will kick.” One she knew that Anakin understood her warning, she inquired. “Now how can I help you, Sugarcube?”

“Have you seen Spike?” He asked hesitantly, earning a raised brow from the Farm Pony.

“Did somethin' happen? You seem mighty unsure of yourself.” Applejack responded.

Anakin’s shoulders sagged as he admitted. “I messed up. I hesitated when he asked me a question, and he stormed out. Now I don’t know what to do besides apologize.”

“Welp, I appreciate your honesty, but I ain't the pony you ‘ought ta be askin' 'bout teachin’ and dealin’ with a one-on-one student.” She said, thinking back on her days in the classroom. “For a situation like that, you best be talkin’ to Princess Celestia.”

She waved her hoof towards the Med Bay before adding. “Now that ain’t mean I haven't seen lil Spike, he just seems a might too angry ta be listenin' to anyone at the moment.”

Anakin glanced towards the Med Bay in contemplation just as a group of Ponies passed, whispering amongst themselves while glancing towards their direction. He could tell what they were talking about just by their expressions. The sound of Applejack’s hooves hitting the metal floor had the group freezing in fright, her voice clear and commanding “Hush now, I told y'all, this isn’t the time to be lollygagging, and I'm quite certain I gave y'all orders to be organizin' housin' for everyone. Now, git.”

Just as the Ponies were about to rush off, she added one more order. “And if I ever hear you ponies disrespectin' these fine gentlemen again, it won't be just housin' I will be assignin' you to.” The eyes of the Ponies widened before rushing off faster than before.

Anakin let out a chuckle of disbelief. “You know, this is the first time I've seen someone run faster than a Senator who was just held hostage. Thanks for that.”

“No problem sugar-cube. We are all in this together, so we best be workin' together. That's what Twilight would have wanted.” Her voice cracked a bit before she made a shoo-ing gesture with her hoof. “Now, get goin' before Luna puts another sleepin' spell on Celestia.”

Anakin chuckled before walking into the Medbay. Celestia was resting on one of the beds, her wounds carefully bandaged. The only other occupants was one of the pony nurses and Rainbow Dash still hooked up to the sensors and breathing apparatus within the bacta tank. His heart sank a bit, even though she was very distrusting of them Rainbow Dash did not deserve the injuries that she did. The nurse glanced at him as he asked. “How are they?”

“Princess Celestia is resting and Miss Dash… we’re still preparing the prosthesis for her legs and arms. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to build a wing to keep up with the speeds she goes.” sighed the nurse pony glancing at the tank with her sleepy green eyes. “I must thank you for informing us about the functions of the bacta tanks. We would have lost a lot more of our injured if it wasn’t for your help.”

“It was my….” the nurse pony cut off the thought, placing a hoof on his arm speaking quietly. “If you remained hidden like those ponies said then none of us would be here. The Princesses would either have been captured or killed and little Flurry Heart would have been used. I don’t know what but, I don’t think it would be anything happy. I am glad that you are here now.”

Anakin gave the nurse a smile saying. “Thanks. What’s your name?”

“I’m Nurse Snowheart.” the mare said before heading out. “I’m going to fetch some supplies and perhaps a meal.”

Anakin nodded his head before turning to look at Celestia who was surrounded by plush toys. He walked over to her side pulling a stool over with the Force and sat down. His fingers clasped at each other as he spoke. “I don’t know how aware you are, or if you’re awake enough to help me. I need some advice, I can’t contact my old Master, and was told you could help me.”

“This is about Spike, isn’t it?” Celestia’s voice caused his head to jerk up seeing her awake. “Luna forgot that our magics can negate each other if we want them to. Tell me, what is your problem?”

Anakin paused, taking his time to think about how to word the problem before saying. “I began my first lesson with Spike. It didn’t end well.”

“You are hesitant to teach him. Have you not taken an apprentice before?” Celestia inquired and Anakin looked away hiding his pain. “Or you have and you believe you have failed your last apprentice?”

The question hit home as Anakin decided to explain. “Ahsoka Tano was my first and last apprentice.”

Celestia looked away sighing as she thought back to her observations on Ahsoka. She looked at Anakin saying. “I know how you feel. I have felt the loss of someone close to me, twice. One was a former student of mine and the other my own sister. Yet I learned what I needed to do to ensure that my mistakes will never happen again.”

She placed a hoof underneath Anakin’s chin and turned his head to face her as she continued. “We are those who carry a burden of those we have had a hand in turning to the darkness. Yet have hope that there is light in them and we must prepare our students to be able to face the darkness. Despite the dangers, they must know of the darkness in order to prevent themselves from being tempted by it.”

“You prepare them with what they need to know and hope that they will never be able to use it.” Anakin thought out loud before looking at her. “Has that worked?”

“Twilight Sparkle is… was my best student, but even with her I had to reign back the information I gave her. She was a brilliant pony, but she would use her knowledge that she learned from books. Which wasn’t a bad trait but she would rely on them as a crutch and became stressed out when she couldn’t find the answer. It is why I sent her to Ponyville, so she could find answers on her own.” Celestia said with a kind smile. “What happened with Ahsoka was a tragedy, yet do not allow it to cause you to stumble. I see that you are a good teacher Anakin Skywalker, and I know you will find that strength to teach again.”

Anakin nodded his head before remembering the main reason why he was in the Medbay in the first place. “What about Spike?”

“Give him a little bit of time, be there to help him heal, and you will know when he is ready to begin training.” Celestia advised him as she lowered her hoof and looked at the door. “Right now, he is with the one pony who can help start the process. Perhaps you can help with another problem. Twilight’s friends will need help adjusting and healing. I will be grateful for anything you can do to help them.”

Her eyes flickered back to Anakin who turned his head to look at Rainbow Dash once again saying. “I might have an idea.”


Spike sat quietly on one of the large human sized metal seats staring out at the stars. His chin resting on his knees.

“Spike.” Luna’s voice snapped him out of his trance causing him to turn around. “Is everything alright with your training?”

“He doesn’t want to accept me as his student.” Spike mumbled and Luna tilted her head to the side before sitting down. “I asked him if was going to be my teacher and he hesitated.”

“That does not mean that he does not want to accept you, Young Spike.” Luna told him wrapping her wing around him. “Yet I understand why you are upset. I too have felt that way before.”

“Because you felt rejected because ponies were asleep during the night.” Spike said and Luna nodded her head before continuing. “Yes, I was angry because I felt rejection and because of my anger and contempt for my sister I was sealed for a thousand years.”

Spike frowned as he thought about what Anakin told him about the Dark Side. His head sunk as he whispered. “What should I do?”

“First you should take some time to self reflect. To allow yourself to mourn.” Luna told him before pulling him into a hug. “We all miss Twilight, even myself, but to try and distract ourselves will cause more problems. We will remember all aspects of Twilight and honor her.”

Spike returned the hug as he began to sob. Luna looked out the window before using her magic to honor Twilight amongst the stars. So those on Equus and those on the ships will always be led by her guiding light.