• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 998 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Exiles of the Empire - Hikarikurai24587



One change, one simple change brings chaos to the galaxy

  • ...
6
 14
 998

In Memory

Chapter Twenty Eight: In Memory

Cade Bane let out a growl as he pinned Luna to the wall. “Something is funny with you, girlie. I have a hunch that you are far from ordinary.”

“Hey!” shouted Ivy Jewel throwing a punch towards Cad Bane just as Spike moved in to pull Luna out of his grip. Cad Bane’s feet seemed to light up like rockets as he took to the air, still holding onto Luna. He pulled out his blaster and proceeded to fire directly at Ivy Jewel. Ivy rolled out of the way as she glanced around. She saw Spike jumping and ran towards him, she motioned for him to hoist her and he seemed to get the message. He clasped his fingers together and the moment her foot touched his hands he used his strength to toss her up. She was aiming for Cad Bane managing to knock his hat off of his head.

"Filthy street wompas!" Cad Bane yelled, kicking Ivy in the shin in retaliation. Ivy rolled as she landed on the ground and stood back up saying. “Yeah, I know. I’ve fought tougher.”

“Careful darling!” Rarity said, before noticing a tear in the hat. “Honestly, doesn’t he take care of these things? No matter, I’ll fix it up in but a moment.”

A scowl appeared on Cad Bane's face as he threw Luna towards Spike. He started to fly towards Rarity, firing his blaster. "Hands off the merchandise!"

“Hands off the seamstress!” shouted Ivy going in for a tackle as Rarity backed away before reaching into her bag looking for something. She was about shoulder deep when she found what she was looking for pulling out a bracelet with gems on it. She smiled happily before activating it, a barrier forming around her arm like a shield.

“You couldn’t have done that a second ago?” Watto asked, Ivy trying to land a blow on Cad Bane as Rarity snatched the hat and put it into the bag. “I am going to tell you this now, that is never a good idea.”

“Well if he wasn’t rude I would have fixed it on the spot. No this hat is going to be brand new by the time I return it to him.” Rarity huffed before looking around. “Spike! Darling! Over here!”

Spike began to drag Luna over to hide behind the shield.

Cad Bane seemed distracted by the piece of tech Rarity had used to create the barrier. He threw a grenade into the ground creating a lot of smoke. "I'll remember this!" He yelled, the smoke disappearing with him no longer visible to the group. Rarity huffed for a moment before looking at Watto saying. “I think that just proves my point that you are not safe here anymore.”

“With Bane on my trail nowhere is safe.” Watto shot back and Rarity folded her arms across her chest. “Why is it that you want me to travel with you so bad?”

“Watto, you not only are a skilled merchant and negotiator, but you can also help repair our own ship.” Rarity explained as Ivy helped support Luna along with Spike. Watto thought for a moment as he looked at the Mos Espa Arena. “I suppose you are right, if I am moving it would be harder for Bane to find me, eh? Let me pick up a few things from my store.”

“I’ll come with you.” Ivy told him as Rarity moved to take her place. “Rarity, take the main roads back to the spaceport.”

“Understood.” Rarity replied as they moved out.


Rarity couldn’t let out a breath of relief until they were back on the Twilight’s Vigil. Watto and a few of his Pit Droids looked around as Nova Explorer went to talk to her sister. Spike was helping Luna to the infirmary to rest. Rarity glanced around knowing that Celestia was most likely on the bridge with Anakin and it would only be appropriate to explain their new guest and his situation.

“This way, Mr. Watto.” Rarity said, showing the way to the bridge, being careful to take the longest route. She knew that there was little harm he could do but it was to be safe in case someone had gotten a hold of him and tried to get information about the ship.

When they arrived at the bridge, Anakin turned around and immediately a shocked expression appeared on his face rendering him speechless. 'It can't be, can it?'

“Princess Celestia, General Skywalker, we have an issue.” Rarity said as Watto spotted Anakin his eyes narrowing for a moment before he looked away.

"Um, what's the issue?" Anakin asked, trying not to make eye contact. "Who's your friend?"

“This is Watto, a merchant from Tatooine. We became good friends after Nova Explorer had won her first Podrace, it was to get some of the items we needed.” Rarity said, the explanation being slightly shorter than what she intended. “I will fill out a report to explain what happened in full detail. However, I had meant to ask you after the race if he could join us aboard the vessel but we were attacked by an alien going by the name of Cad Bane.”

Anakin's hand moved towards his forehead as he let out an audible mumble. "You can't be serious…"

Celestia turned her head to look at Anakin asking. “I take it this is someone that you have met before?”

Anakin turned to face Celestia saying. "Yeah...a bounty hunter. Good one too. He used to give the Jedi quite a bit of trouble, he's extremely cunning and resourceful." Anakin's head turned to look at Watto. "What's more…"

“It is good to see you alive Ani… Anakin.” Watto said landing on the floor, his wings twitching. Celestia didn’t say anything wanting to just hear out both sides and intervene if an argument erupted.

“Fa gee doth wa sie Watto.” Anakin said to the Toydarian in Huttese, which roughly translates to ‘It has been awhile Watto.’

“Yes, it has… look Ani, I heard about your mother and I am sorry. I had always been fond of Shmi, I would have never wished anything like that upon anyone. I hope you don’t blame me.” Watto said and Rarity knew that there was more to that but knew that now wasn’t the time to pry.

"It's in the past now." Anakin said as he turned to look at Rarity. "Tell me everything."

“And by everything do you mean from the beginning of our trip to the surface or when we came face to face with Cad Bane?” Rarity questioned as she removed her amulet, her form returning to her normal pony appearance.

"Everything. It's important that we don't miss anything." Anakin answered with a serious look. Rarity nodded her head as she began. “Well it all started when Princess Luna and Spike went to search for work and I was dealing with a Jawa….”


As the ship travelled away from Tatooine, Luna lay in the infirmary. She knew that she would have to commune with the dead. Yet, like Celestia’s healing powers it did require a lot of magical energy to search and communicate. Especially if she had never met the person before, she stared at the dark ceiling. She knew it would take her the better part of a year to store enough magic. She knew just the day to, though she could do something nice for Spike as well. That would mean she would have to be careful with how much magic she used. Yet she didn’t have the task of lowering and raising the moon anymore. Just the dream walking and yet that could be used to help Anakin as well. Rolling over Luna felt her eyes close as Night Wing appeared by her bedside. ‘Qui-Gon jinn, I do hope I can find you. General Skywalker will need your help.’ she thought, making her decision final. While she stored magic she was going to keep an eye on Anakin to see if he progresses or if he holds onto the past. Either way she knew that a talk with the master of Obi-Wan Kenobi was needed.


Spike sat in the Promenade staring at the image of Twilight, his thumb brushing across the surface of the amulet. He felt someone sit next to him and he looked over seeing Luminous Song sitting there. She glanced at him and smiled. She didn’t really speak to him that much, always entertaining everyone with her songs. She glanced back at the image of Twilight before humming under her breath. A mournful melody.

“Ashes fall, bring sorrow upon us.
Heroes’ memories shall carry on.
In the light we are one.
The darkness shall not consume us
In the light we are one.”

It began to dawn on Spike, as her song echoed throughout the ship, that this was not a song to bring joy. It was a song to remember the fallen.

“The day will come
When our strength will fade
But that day has not come
For in the light, we are one.”

Anakin was present in the room listening to his melody, his thoughts going back to the war fighting alongside his clones: the 501st. The time growing as a Jedi Padawan alongside his master before the war, and what came of it. His mind then went to Ahsoka and his heart sank. A tear appearing under his right eye as he sat on the ground, head tilted downwards.

“We will stand tall!
We will fight upon these broken shores!
To protect those that we love.
To ensure that the dawn will come.”

The clones in the room also thought about the war, fighting alongside their brothers and how many they lost. How through Order 66 they were ultimately used and defeated, yet they were still alive fighting for what they believed in. Their heads turned to each other in unison as they bowed their heads in respect for the fallen.

“We will not waver.
We will be strong.
For those that we had to leave behind.
Our hearts will beat with the ones we love.
For in the light, we are one.”

Celestia stood on the bridge watching the stars pass in hyperspace. She lowered her head as she thought back to Equestria, a glow appearing underneath her eyelids. Her eyes opened as she whispered with the final line of the song. “In the light, we are one.”


Rain fell upon the Dark Temple, the body of Twilight lay deep within it. A body that had laid there for months. The Dark Side being infused into her body as a bald male clothed in black watched.

“He was meant to bring balance to the Force.”