• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 998 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Exiles of the Empire - Hikarikurai24587



One change, one simple change brings chaos to the galaxy

  • ...
6
 14
 998

The Forge

Chapter Sixteen: The Forge

Hallow Glow paced herself as she took notes on everything she saw. Her ears twitching as she followed a sound. It was like a light humming as she saw a hallway. Studying the wall carefully she saw that the wall was more recently carved than the hallway she had been walking down. Turning she walked into a room where a strange structure stood with two cubes resting on the surface.

“So that is where the humming is coming from. It seems to be resonating with magic.” Hallow Glow mused as she walked up to the cube. “Strange… it must be connected to the console from the other room. I should put it in my bag in order to investigate, buuuut it might also be connected to whatever this is.”

Hallow Glow crept closer before she sat down and began to transfer her magic to the strange cube. It flickered on as three lights appeared in front of her causing her to say. “Well now, this is fascinating.”


Celestia looked around panicking slightly. “Hallow Glow? Where are you?”

“Calm yourself strange creature, I will organize a search party. We will find the lost one in no time!” assured M1-4X as Summer Bloom walked under him keeping clear of his leg.

"Where was she last seen?" Rex asked, standing next to Celestia. "Could be a good place to start."

"I understand your worry but the last thing we should be doing in a place like this is panic. I can feel it rising in you." Anakin said, placing a hand on Celestia's back. Celestia took deep breaths as she began to focus herself. Spike took a deep breath as well asking quietly. “Do you think everything is alright?”

"I'm sure she's fine Spike. Just have to start looking. Anyone have an answer for Rex?" Anakin asked, looking at everyone. He remembered that they have a little Astromech with them. "Wait, we might have an easier way." He walked over to T7 and knelt down. "Think you can help us find her buddy?"

“She might have started to wander. I don’t know how far she could have gotten.” Celestia explained looking at Rex as T7 chirped. “Stray creature + Wandering = Not far. Complex = Large.”

"Alright! Lead the way little guy." Anakin said as he got back on his feet. T7 wheeled around scanning the area chirping. “Follow.”

Rainbow Dash pushed herself to her hooves as Applejack and Tenderheart moved to help her. At first she wanted to say she was fine but accepted the assistance in the end. Copper Wire turned around asking. “Permission to stay here? Watching Skywalker work I believe I can get the other one working as well and then I will head back up and tell Princess Luna of the discovery. This looks like a good place to camp for the night and I can build a makeshift lift so getting up and down would be easier.”

“That would be wise, Summer Bloom stay with M1-4X.” Celestia said giving him a nod before following T7. Nova Explorer and Star Glider behind her.

"Ma'am, would you like me to stay with them?" Rex asked Celestia. Celestia looked at Rex saying. “If you do not mind.”

Rex saluted her and turned back to stay with the group. M1-4X looked at Rex saying. “Fear not fellow soldier, I am sure that they will find her.”


T7 rolled through the hallway scanning the area before stopping as a female’s voice spoke. “So what type of scientific instruments can be built using the Forge?”

“For that we would have to look to what technology the ancient Jedi had during the time of Master Rajivari. After all it was during his time that the Forge saw its greatest use.” another female, though her voice was more timid. “It was never about building weapons, but creating all kinds of things. Something that the Jedi do not do anymore.”

“Through this reasoning the Forge would be able to help craft armor as well.” a male voice mused, Celestia took note of a pale blue light illuminating a hallway. Anakin motioned for the group to proceed cautiously. T7 rolled forward into the room looking around seeing three figures being projected from a cube. They did not take notice of the newcomer instead continuing the discussion. Celestia glanced to the side seeing Hallow Glow’s bag on the ground with papers spread around it. Another cube rested upon the structure unactivated.

“Missing Hallow Glow + Active Noetikon = still in the area.” T7 chirped, turning his head to look at Anakin and Celestia. “Running scans of the area.”

"What do you got for us Teeseven?" Anakin asked. T7 rolled around the room scanning it, the light crossing a figure in the shadows. This earned a shushing sound as the shadow began to move out. It had no defining features as it crossed behind the cube to the otherside. A pad of paper and quill floating beside it.

“Potion of Shadows.” Celestia whispered before eyeing a vial laying next to the bag. “Hallow Glow most likely is researching what these three are talking about. Uh… what are they?”

“Master Liorilla what is your opinion on how the Forge utilizes the Force?” the first female, a human, questioned a strange looking female with pointed ears and thick fur dressed in the robes of a Jedi. The third was a male with what appeared to be red skin, red eyes, and black hair that was slicked back. He was small of frame but taller than the two females standing as an average human male would. He stood there with his hands behind his back though his eyes flickered to both the shadow and the newcomers.

"Never heard of a Master Liorilla before so beats me, but seems to be a Jedi." Anakin answered trying to listen in. The alien woman thought for a moment before saying. “It is most likely built using materials that were saturated in the Force like you use building this one. The location must have a heavy Force presence allowing for continued flow of the Force to the device. Yet I believe we are missing something else, if we did everything correct then why does this one not work?”

“Perhaps it is not just a mystical component but a mechanical one instead.” the male spoke up as he blinked lightly grasping his chin lightly as he looked at the floor. “Master Wilwool, are you sure you studied the Forge on Tython long enough?”

“I have spent many years researching the Tythonian Forge. It was supposed to run without a powersource. I even chose the crystal above it.” The human female waved her hand as she looked above the Forge where a large crystal hung. “It had worked before my lord. I just cannot understand the reason why it had stopped working.”

“I fear this is a problem we must get the others involved in.” the male sighed, shaking his head before looking at the second cube. Then turned his head looking at Anakin and nodded. “However before we attempt do so, I believe we have guests.”

“Apologies for cutting your discussion brief, we came looking for our companion.” Celestia spoke looking at the shadow. The male looked at the shadow once again saying. “Ah yes, she did that in order to let us talk. She did not wish to disrupt what she found to be a fascinating discussion.”

"Excuse me but, who or what are you?" Anakin asked curiously. The human looked at him before saying. “We are the personalities of Jedi and Sith imprinted upon this repository. I was Skyllei Wilwool, I forged great machines and enhancements to help better those around me. The one to my left is Master Liorilla, she wove Force imbued garments and crafted armoring for them. The third is Lhara’rhan, member of the Dark Council of the Sith, he was one who crafted great lightsabers yet he also held onto knowledge and history. He was known as Darth Imperius the Wise.”

Anakin stared at the beings unsure of what to say. His first instinct was to call out the Sith, but somehow he felt they posed no threat. Celestia stepped forward saying. “Apologies, none of us here have had good experiences with Sith.”

“Not that I expected you to.” Lhara’rhan sighed, shaking his head waving his hand to the other cube. “There were very few Sith who would attempt to walk a better path. The other repository holds three others. Two Sith and a Jedi, one of whom I have had… disagreements with, in the past. This has led to only one being active at a time in order to keep the peace. Perhaps, if you can help us figure out our problem we can share what we know.”

Anakin hesitated before asking. "What do you need help with, exactly?"

“As a Jedi you are both warrior and diplomat. One who upholds the peace and brings balance. Convince the others in the repository to not fester old wounds as we are willing to work together.” Liorilla told Anakin a smile on her face. “This is the way.”

The holograms flickered before vanishing completely. Celestia looked over at the other cube saying. “If we do not try Hallow Glow will make sure we don’t leave with them and this Forge.”

"You're right, I don't like it, but you're right." Anakin said with a sigh. Celestia nodded her head just as Rainbow Dash asked. “So how are you going to open… activate it? Whatever. How are you going to get to the others in order to get everyone talking again?”

Anakin shrugged as he looked at the other Noetikon. He picked it up and focused on it with the Force as if he would a holocron. It activated, revealing holograms of different people. One was a large framed red skinned male, Rainbow Dash could tell he was about 7’2”, had red eyes and like Lhara’rhan had a cloak. The second was another largely built red skin male but with black tattoos and horns. The last was a female dressed like the two females before but with weird head tails and green skin.

“I see that someone has found this Force forsaken room.” growled the tallest male staring down at Anakin before shaking his head. “What do you want?”

“I believe he is the one we have to convince.” Celestia held back a chuckle. “Very different from who we dealt with before.” Anakin simply stared at the large figure as if accepting a challenge. The male let out a deep chuckle as he smirked. The female sighed, shaking her head snapping. “Oh for all that is in balance Kehiro’rhan let us hear them out!”

“And this is why we don’t activate.” the second male pointed out despite his large frame his voice was quiet. “Kehiro’rhan overshadows the both of us Nin’jeve.”

“Quiet.” Kehiro’rhan ordered the both of them, they quickly became silent. Nin’jeve’s hand finding the male’s as Kehiro’rhan gave them a quick glare before looking back at Anakin. He folded his arms across his chest as he shifted his stance.

‘What am I doing? What would Obi-Wan do in this situation?’ Anakin thought to himself before saying with a long pause prior: "Hello there."

Kehiro’rhan blinked in surprise before saying. “Hello. Being honest, those were not the words I expected to come out of your mouth.”

"Well, it's not like we can fight so might as well just stick to pleasantries." Anakin told him. Kehiro’rhan chuckled before grinning, showing his teeth. “Well then, let the pleasantries from a Jedi commence and what response you will get from me.”

“Before either of you get into an argument I would like to point out that the Forge is not working.” Nin’jeve spoke up but was ignored causing her to shake her head. “Whenever there is a Jedi he doesn’t know in the room, all else does not matter. Krevun, why is he an armorsmith again?”

“Don’t ask me.” muttered Krevun as he looked at the others in the room.

"Man, I am not very good at this. Celestia? Any ideas?" Anakin asked her, folding his arms. Celestia paused in thought before looking at Kehiro’rhan saying. “How long has it been since you have seen your brother?”

“How do you know my brother?” Kehiro’rhan asked, keeping his voice neutral with underlying anger. Celestia ignored that as she continued. “You have been fighting each other for longer than I had lost my sister. No matter what side you choose to follow, ignoring your problems does not solve the issue. All sides here have a problem. The others want to get this Forge working again, yet they need you to solve why it does not work, I need to make sure one of my subjects doesn’t chain herself to the Forge in order to prevent me from dragging her out.”

“This sounds like a problem for you. I still do not see how this will benefit me.” responded Kehiro’rhan, though his face began to show him thinking. “If I choose to help, I want you to bring the Forge and us with you. What do you say, Master Jedi?”

“I don’t know about this.” Star Glider warned looking at Anakin. “Something smells fishy with him.”

"I agree but what choice do we have?" Anakin asked Star Glider. "Whether it's a trap or something else we gotta do something."

“Then let us begin. Activate the others and the discussion shall commence.” Kehiro’rhan ordered as Star Glider cast him a glare filled with suspicion. All she received was a smirk back.

Anakin shrugged as he proceeded to activate the other Noetikons. The other three appeared, Lhara’rhan looked at his brother and nodded his head. The discussion was going to take a long time.



Cyrin walked through the halls of the palace that they had claimed merely weeks before. She had been summoned by her master who was in the throne room. She passed by Cody not even sparing him a glance as she walked in. She kneeled. “You summoned me Master?”

"Yes young Cyrin, I have need of you." Palpatine said in a sinister tone. Cyrin flinched but otherwise kept herself still as she asked. “Is something the matter Master?”

Palpatine rose from his seat and began shocking Darth Cyrin. "You have been nothing but a disappointment to me and the Sith."

Cyrin let out a scream of pain as her body hit the ground. She jerked and flailed trying everything to rid herself of the shocks. “Master! I am searching for them!”

Palpatine turned around and sat back on the throne. "Every minute long they are lost is another minute they grow stronger. If you continue to fail me then perhaps…"

“I will find them, I swear!” Cyrin screamed her rage building. “They cannot hide for long!”

"Yes, feed your anger. Find them Darth Cyrin!" Palpatine cackled. Cyrin spread her senses out searching for her prey. She felt her old master, but as she reached out to find him something blocked her. A massive creature with red eyes. Her body was thrown back as she reached for her lightsabers cracks forming along the hilts while something shimmered within their depths. She activated them before coming back to her senses. “Their location is being blocked, Master.”

"Blocked, perhaps you are still far too weak." Snapped Palpatine. Cyrin growled as she spoke. “It is a creature with red skin and eyes. He covers them and their presence. It was not just them, but the whole planet….”

“To grow stronger, you will need new weapons. Those are no longer of use to you.” Palpatine told her and Ahsoka looked at her lightsabers saying. “They still work.”

The lightsabers were yanked from her hands as Palpatine took them with the Force. He held them in front of him pulling out two slivers of crystals before sending them back to Cyrin. Both blades were now deactivated and the lightsabers would not work.

“Go now, I will send another to track down our prey.” Palpatine instructed, Cyrin bowed her head before leaving as he held them up to the light. “A source of purity and harmony will now serve me. Be prepared, Skywalker, I will have you soon.”