• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 998 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Exiles of the Empire - Hikarikurai24587



One change, one simple change brings chaos to the galaxy

  • ...
6
 14
 998

Escape into Exile

Chapter Six: Escape into Exile

The battlefield was quiet or Spike couldn’t hear anything. He wasn’t sure, he was just staring at Twilight’s ‘No! She’s not gone… she can’t be.’ He told himself firmly as the rain poured down. Anger welled up inside of him as he let out a yell of anger flying up into the air. He flew towards Ahsoka, his eyes narrowing. Flames erupted from his mouth as he launched a rage fueled assault towards her. She lifted up a hand, weapon grasped in it as she used the Force to block the fire. This left her vulnerable and Anakin took the chance. He struck a blow quickly, he leapt over her slashing. A wound over her right eye causing her to yell out in pain and anger. Anakin dodged out of the way of the stream of fire and grabbed Spike and looked around for Twilight’s body. It was gone.

“Let go!” Spike yelled out trying to claw his way free. “Twilight didn’t deserve this! She was supposed to live happily!”

“Spike.” Anakin started not letting up with his grip. “Spike! Where is she?”

Spike’s head turned his eyes widening. “She… she was right there. She couldn’t have… could she still be?”

“Your foolish Princess perished.” mocked Ahsoka as she got to her feet. “I made sure of that, now I am going to kill you and take the youn….”

“I won’t let that happen Snips.” Anakin’s calm tone rang through Spike’s mind. Ashoka let out a rage filled roar as she leapt towards the two. Her strike struck only dirt as they vanished within a burst of light. Her eyes searched the battlefield watching as ponies and the traitors vanished one by one. Cadance called for a retreat, there were a few ponies left but they moved fast. Ahsoka saw Palpatine glaring at the spot where the body had been.

“Master….” she spoke but his harsh words caused anger to flood through her. “You disappoint me Darth Cyrin, they were within your grasp and you let them go.”

Ahsoka gritted her teeth saying. “My apologies, master, what shall we do?”

“This planet now belongs to the Empire, make sure these foolish ponies understand that.” Palpatine instructed as he moved back to their encampment. “Locate where the traitors have gone.”

He lifted his hands outward and shocked Ahsoka with a quick burst of lightning, causing her to scream in pain. "Do not fail."

“Y-yes, master.” Ahsoka stuttered with a bow before instructing the troops to follow the ponies. She nails dug into her palms as she glared at the spot where Anakin stood. “I will have my revenge. DO YOU HEAR ME?!”


“What is going on?”

“Where are we?”

“Oh my goodness are those stars?”

Spike opened his eyes wondering why he had closed them in the first place. That was when he remembered Darth Cyrin’s attack and being swept away by something. Ponies were panicking around him as he got to his feet. Screams filled the air as a doctor pony ran past him. Ponies were yelling, yet Spike’s mind was just filled with images. Applejack’s voice was the only one that broke through the noise. “That’s enough, y’all can’t be runnin around scared. Now I believe I know the culprit for the mass teleportation. Has anyone seen Discord?”

Ponies muttered as they looked around. Spike caught a few of the things they were saying. “Why would he do this?”

“It’s those strangers' fault.”

“How could the Princesses trust them?”

“I know you are all frightened.” Spike’s eyes widened as he looked up seeing a large image of Twilight standing in the middle of where they all were.

“Princess Twilight?”

“Oh thank goodness!”

“She can get rid of the humans!”

“Are you serious? She was the one who brought them into Ponyville!”

“And that most of you don’t know what is going on. You have questions, if you are seeing this message then I am no longer there to answer them. That the Empire attacked and I was lost in battle. This was me preparing for the worst and hopefully I had the time to tell the other Princesses about this plan.”

Spike felt his heart sink, she must have recorded this when she had gone to the Everfree Forest. She didn’t know that the Empire would have moved so quickly. The image flickered as she continued to speak. “I asked Discord to make this ship as fast as he could to use schematics from the vessel that had crashed in the Everfree Forest as well as search the universe for schematics for a ship big enough to fit everyone. As well as connect it to a Seedling of Harmony, to help protect the ship just as the Tree of Harmony has done for us. I was warned that the Tree of Harmony would need time to regain its magic, yet I hope that the Elements of Harmony are enough. If not, I am sorry, but this needed to be done…..”

“Don’t forget about what I told you.” Discord’s voice interrupted and Twilight gave a slight glare before she continued. “Discord wanted me to warn you that not all Ponies would be teleported. Those with a strong resolve to continue to fight or those who refused their leave their home would remain. The injured, the explorers, and the rest would be split. Healers, soldiers, and Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are onboard… unless they have perished as well. The third part of this plan is to prevent any retrieval of our bodies if we perished. I had Discord place a spell on us to teleport our bodies to a random uninhabited location that even he cannot access. It had to be done.”

“Twilight.” Spike whimpered pushing past a few ponies to see her, larger than life, but it was ghostly. A projection of light and memory. Some of the ponies near him started to whisper and one of them snapped. “What do you want? Haven’t you already done enough harm?”

Spike turned around and looked up to see Anakin standing behind him. A unicorn was standing in his way to block his view of Spike. It didn’t work so well and Spike moved towards him feeling one of the ponies try to hold him back. He hugged Anakin’s leg sobbing as another pony shouted. “Get away from him!”

“Calm down ya’ll!” Applejack’s voice pierced through the crowd. “Yer overreacting!”

“Just how are we overreacting?!”

“They brought the danger!”

“Princess Twilight should have never met with them!”

“I said CALM DOWN!” Applejack barked and silence fell as she walked over to Anakin waving a hoof. “Even if we didn’t find them, the Empire would have still attacked. Celestia would have let them search even if Twilight met the humans or not. Celestia was doing everything she could to gain as much information about the Empire as possible and when she commented on what could possibly be their true nature they attacked us. Without the humans we would have all died and the rest of Equestria would have been taken over! You can’t blame them for what the Empire did. It would be like blaming a group of Gryphons willing to be nice and help us for the actions of a bunch of mean Gryphons. It isn’t fair! Also if you do anything to the humans we might as well just hang ourselves. Twilight had Discord scan for other vessels and built this one based off of those designs. That would mean that we don’t know how to fly it, they do.”

“We can figure it out.” a stallion said cockily and Applejack raised an eyebrow saying. “Really? You think we can figure out this kind of technology as well as navigate space with no problem? Something that probably took others years, maybe even centuries, to figure out?”

The stallion looked away as Applejack looked up at Anakin before saying. “I think we should all get some rest, heal our wounded, and try to figure what to do in the morning.”

“We’ll explore the ship and find the bridge.” Anakin told Applejack and she shook her head saying. “You must be tired too, find a spot and lay down. I think Spike needs you right now… the loss of Twilight.”

Applejack swallowed before walking away to hide her tears. Anakin knelt and touched Spike’s shoulder gently saying. “Don’t worry buddy, Twilight told me to take care of you. I’ll take you on as my apprentice, teach you the ways of the Force, just as my Master did for me.”

Spike looked up at Anakin before nodding his head and let go, right before he crawled up Anakin to cling to his neck. Anakin gave him a smile before heading over to a spot that wasn’t crowded and sat down. ‘If I learn the ways of the Force, I’ll be able to avenge Twilight.’ Spike thought, trying his best not to dig his claws into Anakin. They scratched the armor slightly


“Twilight!” Celestia gasped as she sat up pain throbbed throughout her body as she let out a groan. Luna was by her side in an instant saying. “You shouldn’t be moving sister.”

“Twilight. Where’s Twilight?” asked Celestia looking around seeing that she was in a sterile looking room. Luna was at her side with a bandage around her body and one around her head. She didn’t meet Celestia’s gaze as she whispered. “I… I’m sorry sister. Twilight Sparkle sacrificed her life to save that of one of her students, Cozy Glow, and Spike. Emperor Palpantine made sure she couldn’t exit after she teleported them away and Ahsoka Tano delivered the final blow.”

Celestia held back her tears as she asked quietly. “Where are we? The Elements of Harmony?”

“Twilight’s backup plan, she had Discord create a vessel and teleport who he could aboard. Many ponies are still in Equestria, but the ones teleported here were ones that fit the criteria she had given to Discord. Those who wanted to remain in their homes or fight remained and those who were explorers and travelers were sent here with the injured, medical personal, soldiers, and Flurry Heart.” Luna shifted her eyes glancing away. “The Elements were destroyed.”

“Cadence?” Celestia looked at Luna who said. “Discord, when he woke up, said that she chose to remain behind. Her injuries weren’t severe and she wanted to help lead those who remained behind. She had him bring Flurry Heart to keep her out of danger.”

“How long have I….” Luna cut Celestia off knowing the question as she answered. “Days, sister, it has been days. You shouldn’t be moving.”

“I have to address them, to keep the peace.” Celestia fought back but Luna used her magic to cause Celestia to be drowsy whispering. “You need to rest sister, your wounds still need to heal. Twilight left a message for everyone and I will keep the peace until you heal.”

“But… we... I…” Celestia’s head was gently laid upon the pillow as Luna pulled up the covers saying. “You have done what you can, sister, I have been in your shoes for a day. I can keep the peace, I have to. I know how to navigate the stars, leave this to me.”

“Thank you.” Celestia’s eyes drifted shut as a nurse pony walked up to check on her asking Luna quietly. “What now Princess Luna?”

“I will be conferring with Skywalker, see what we can do for those who… who need special care.” Luna glanced at one of the tanks that was holding Rainbow Dash. She had taken the most damage having lost her left foreleg, left hindleg, and left wing in the explosion which had also left her with major burns across her body. She almost lost her other wing and lower right hind leg had to be amputated because of the damage done. Anakin had shown them how to use the equipment in the medbay first as a gesture of good faith. It didn’t help much but the medical ponies were grateful for the assistance.

The nurse pony nodded her head as Luna left the bay seeing Fluttershy sitting outside staring out one of the windows. She had become withdrawn, not having any of her animal friends with her. Luna had tried to talk to her but the yellow pegasus did not respond. Luna moved on passing by Rarity who was reading on one of the devices in the ship, this one was called a datapad. Rarity had taken charge of keeping stock, though the problem was that Discord had copied Basic and did not have the time to create a translation. He had exhausted himself in making the ship so quickly and was currently resting in one of the cargo bays. Applejack worked alongside Rarity, keeping herself busy. ‘Perhaps to keep her mind off the fact that her family wanted to stay to defend the farm.’ Luna commented mentally seeing the farm pony walk up, exhaustion upon her face. Both Rarity and Applejack paused to greet Luna with a bow as she passed them.


When Luna finally reached the bridge she stood outside of the lift doors for a moment. She knew that a lot of the ponies didn’t like them. Blamed them for what happened. Even after Applejack, herself, and anyone who fought told them that it wasn’t their fault. Moving forward the door slid open and she walked towards Anakin seeing the large bridge filled with just the six soldiers he was with and Moon Dancer. She was talking with Anakin before noticing Luna and cleared her throat. Anakin turned around and bowed to Luna who said. “Thank you for everything you have done. You’re knowledge has been most helpful.”

“I wish we can do more, but until we can explore the whole ship we won’t know what we’re dealing with.” Anakin replied as she walked up next to him. “We’re still looking for medical droids and anything we can use to replace the missing limbs.”

“I was just about to ask.” Luna tried to chuckle, say a joke, just like Celestia would. Nothing more than a sigh came out. Anakin glanced down at her saying. “You don’t seem unused to this situation. You know, having to go into exile.”

“I was sealed into the moon for a thousand years for attempting to send the planet into an eternal night out or jealousy. Nightmare Moon plotted her revenge while I, deep inside, longed to return to my sister and apologize.” Luna admitted shaking her head. “This time, I have to lead my people during this time while Celestia recovers. This time, I will not be afraid to talk about my fears and worries. This time I will ask for help when I need it. I am not going through this exile alone and every single living being on board this ship is under my protection until my sister awakens.”

Anakin nodded his head and Luna reached up placing her wing on his shoulder saying. “That includes you and your men.”

“Thank you, Princess Luna.” Anakin said as the lift door opened and Spike walked out. “It looks like it’s time for a lesson.”

“I shall leave it to you.” Luna told him as she turned and left the bridge, the lift door sliding shut behind her.

Author's Note:

Newest chapter. Sorry it took so long to upload this. I've been having a few problems with my backs, one of which is my nerves so my arms hurt whenever I rest them for more than a few minutes. Writing has been difficult. Hope you enjoy the chapter! Stay safe and stay well!