• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 998 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Exiles of the Empire - Hikarikurai24587



One change, one simple change brings chaos to the galaxy

  • ...
6
 14
 998

The Last Light of Twilight

Chapter Five: The Last Light of Twilight

Anakin paced in the throne room, Twilight keeping him updated on the events. Yet it seemed to be a diplomatic showdown between Celestia and Palpatine. Twilight and her friends were just watching for any sign of aggression.

“I don’t like this.” Rex spoke causing Anakin to turn around. “No matter how experienced of a negotiator they are I think they are underestimating Palpatine.”

“From what I can see through the link Twilight isn’t, Princess Luna seems to be rather irritated with their presence… I think Princess Cadance is considering his words.” Anakin explained closing his eyes to see the scene. “Princess Celestia seems to be keeping her cards close. She’s not revealing any information that would put her people at risk and gleam anything from Palpatine.”

“If a battle starts what would be our course of action?” asked Echo as he walked into the room, Anakin gave him a smirk saying. “We protect these people. No matter what.”

“Then I hope you don’t mind if some of us join you.” a voice spoke from the door causing Echo to turn around seeing Starlight Glimmer. “I have a feeling that Twilight has walked into a trap and I need you to tell me everything including your plan.”

“And what makes you….” Wrecker was caught off when Starlight appeared in front of him looking eye to eye floating with her magic as she snapped. “Twilight left me in charge to protect Ponyville. If I’m not filled in on the plan how can I do my job?!”

She vanished just as Wrecker swiped at her and she was back in her original spot. She looked around daring them to speak up against her before returning her gaze to Anakin asking. “Now what is the plan?”

Anakin decided to give Starlight the shortened version of his plan as the sky darkened and a brightly colored rainbow shot up into the air.



Palpatine did not reply to Celestia’s question, he barely moved his hand and Ahsoka leapt upon the table igniting her weapons. It was like a laser sword but Twilight knew there was more to it than that. Celestia cast a barrier as the first blow was struck. Twilight and her friends watched the sky darkening as Palpatine’s guards prepared for a fight. Twilight took this chance to join her friends to use the Elements of Harmony to weaken their foe. The Elements activated and a rainbow shot into the air finding its target easily. Or so they thought, they heard Ahsoka’s shouts, they thought they won. When the light faded Ahsoka was visibly weakened, but Palpatine, he was on his feet a sinister grin on his face. He raised his hand telekinetically, throwing them back releasing a stream of lightning that hit each of them. The ponies screamed and Twilight felt her power drain, the barrier to Ponyville weakening. That was when Celestia appeared in front of them producing a barrier.

“Luna! Block anymore incoming vessels!” Celestia ordered, Luna nodded before vanishing, Celestia focused on Palpatine. “Twilight, you and your friends retreat back to Ponyville. Make sure the ponies get to safety.”

“I already put Starlight Glimmer in charge of that.” Twilight told her as she got to her feet wings spread. “We’re not leaving your side Princess!”

Celestia looked at Twilight with a look in her eyes that told her to run. Twilight heard a shout as Ahsoka leapt at her, in her panic Twilight threw up a shield blocking the attack. Though it was quickly destroyed as Troopers ran up the hill.

“We have to regroup!” Twilight told her friends throwing up smaller barriers blocking the attacks. Rainbow Dash swooping down trying to knock into a trooper only for him to grapple her. Twilight looked around before looking at Ahsoka, her eyes narrowing. Celestia was flying towards Palpatine blocking any attacks that arched towards the other ponies. Spike was hiding behind a rock. “Anakin. We need your help. Tell me all you can about Ahsoka, weaknesses, anything!” Twilight called out in her mind, she heard Ahsoka chuckle as she blasted back Fluttershy ready to cut her down. Fluttershy’s eyes widened right as a shield was thrown up as Twilight screamed. “NO!”

Cadance flew forward grabbing Fluttershy just as Twilight rammed into Ahsoka knocking her away. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were taking on the troopers that were coming up the hill. Pinkie Pie and Rarity were dashing around the field kicking away anything that was thrown in their direction. Twilight blocked another blow with a hastily thrown up barrier; it was broken easily and Twilight was knocked back.

“Twilight!” Spike’s voice yelled and she opened her eyes seeing him running forward. “Get away from her!”

Spike let out a roar which knocked Ahoska back, he reached Twilight’s side helping her to her hooves.

“Oh Spike.” Twilight said, giving him a quick hug. Sinister chuckles rose through the air as Ahsoka looked at them. Her gold eyes narrowed at Spike as she spoke. “You don’t know the power you have.”

“Climb on Spike.” ordered Twilight knowing that she had to get Spike out of there. She began to take off when she felt something pull her back. Spike tumbled forward, the Element of Magic slipping off Twilight's head. She crashed into the ground and the strange blade was held by her neck. Twilight glanced up seeing Ahsoka looking at Spike saying. “Come little one, let me show you the power of the Dark Side. If you don’t come willingly I am afraid she will have to die.”

“Twilight.” Spike said, trying to recover and get to his feet. Twilight looked at the Element of Magic in front of her and tried to reach for it. A dark red aura wrapped around it lifting it into the air. Rainbow Dash flew quickly only to be stopped by Ahsoka’s power. All of the Bearers were, the Elements being torn away from them. Cadence and Celestia occupied by Palpatine and his guard, the troopers surrounding them.

“Your pathetic powers are nothing compared to the might of a Sith!” roared Ahsoka, Twilight watching as she threw her saber destroying each of the Elements of Harmony, the pieces falling to the ground. The blade returned to her neck as Ahsoka spoke once again. “There, last chance little one.”

“Ahsoka!” Twilight froze at the sound of Anakin’s voice calling out, Ahsoka’s head turned seeing Anakin and a group of ponies approaching. Starlight right next to him.

“You lied!” Ahsoka hissed down at Twilight who glared at Ahsoka rage beginning to well up inside of her. “Do you not care….”

“This is between you and me Snips.” said Anakin earning a growl from Ahsoka, Twilight’s horn glowed before she launched a spell right at Ahsoka knocking her back. Twilight got to her feet and moved to look at the Elements of Harmony, sadness and anger filling her heart. She didn’t know what to do, Ahsoka’s scream filled the air and she turned around freezing. Ahsoka was holding what she had once thought to be her headdress, now she realized was a pair of horns. One of them destroyed by Twilight’s spell.

“I-I’m sorry.” Twilight trembled moving to help only to be thrown back. Ahsoka’s golden eyes burned with anger as she moved towards Twilight who began to back away.

“Get away from her!” shouted Rainbow Dash flying towards Ahsoka who just pushed her away. Anakin’s eyes widened as a flashing object dropped right by Rainbow Dash and he yelled. “Look out!”

Rainbow’s head turned to look at the object only for it to explode, Rainbow Dash being thrown away from the center. Twilight’s head turned as she screamed. “RAINBOW DASH!”

“Don’t worry little princess, your death will be quick.” Ahsoka taunted slicing downwards, Twilight gritted her teeth blasting her away again snarling. She launched herself forward as Anakin engaged the troops looking at the battlefield as the ponies who joined them blocked the blaster fire of the troopers.

“Get the injured out of there!” Anakin ordered as Crosshairs laid down cover fire from a distance, Rex moving in to get Rainbow Dash. The sky darkened as a figure crashed into the ground, Luna struggling to get up. Ultimately she failed as Celestia was knocked back as well. A hum filled the air as Anakin leaped towards Ahsoka engaging her in battle.

“Tia.” Luna whimpered softly, reaching out for her sister seeing the burns across her body. “Tia open your eyes.”

Luna barely saw it before lightning hit her body causing her to scream; the electricity was more painful than any lightning strike. Palpatine moved towards them and Cadance shot forward casting spell after spell, barrier after barrier to halt his approach. Tears filled Twillight’s eyes as she whispered. “Remember Discord, remember the plan.”

She jumped towards Cyrin again slamming into her shouting at Anakin. “Get Spike out of here!”

“I’m not going to let you face her on your own!” Anakin snapped back and Twilight shook her head using her magic to gather the shards of the Elements putting them in his hands saying. “I’ll be back for those.”

Anakin looked at her before teleporting both herself and Ahsoka away from him. Anakin spotted Spike and moved towards him saying. “Come on, let’s get you out of here.”

“Where’s Twilight?” Spike asked and Anakin looked around saying. “She teleported herself and Darth Cyrin further away. I’ll find her and get her out of here too, don’t worry.”

Spike nodded his head as Anakin began to move him towards the safe zone. A cry caught his attention and his head turned seeing a young filly. She was of a light pink with a baby blue curly mane hiding behind her hooves.

“Cozy Glow, what’s she doing out here?” Spike’s voice whispered before he struggled out of Anakin’s grip. Anakin tried to stop him as Spike wove in and out of the fighting to reach her.

“Now I know how Obi-Wan feels.” Anakin mumbled under his breath moving after him when Cyrin and Twilight crashed right by them. Twilight kicked Cyrin away before diving towards her assistant and her student just as Cyrin leapt towards them. Twilight threw up a barrier her heart beating hard in her chest as she actually took the moment to look around. Cadence was protecting Celestia and Luna, explosions ringing across the battlefield. They were outnumbered and outmatched. Starlight Glimmer was teleporting the injured ponies away and keeping up defenses. Yet it felt useless, pointless.

“It did not have to come to this.” Twilight whispered as Darth Cyrin attacked the barrier, her head lowering as she looked at Spike and Cozy Glow giving them a smile. “Remember your lessons Cozy Glow and Spike, take care of them.”

Twilight teleported them away quickly, the barrier lowering as she moved to face Ahsoka. She took a deep breath before sending Anakin a message telepathically. “Anakin, train him well.”

“What? Twilight, no wai….” Twilight severed the link as she readied herself, she had to fight to the end. For her people, that was when she was struck from behind. She let out a short scream falling to her knees as electricity coursed through her veins. A sinister laugh filled the air as she glanced behind her. Palpatine was walking towards them, giving her another shock as he spoke. “Young fool, your pitiful magic stood no chance against the Dark Side of the Force.”

“Believe what you will.” Twilight growled struggling to her feet before she was shocked again. “But against the power of friendship even the darkest of days shall give and harmony will be restored.”

“Finish her.” Palpatine ordered and Ahsoka’s blade fell just as Twilight launched one last spell. A blinding light filled the air as they all covered their eyes. The sound of Darth Cryrin’s sabers hitting their mark echoing. When the light had dimmed Twilight laid upon a patch of flowers.

“Twilight!” Spike shouted as Anakin dove towards Cyrin, knocking her away before using a Force Push on Palpatine. Spike reached Twilight with his own hands shaking “T-Twilight?”

Spike turned her over letting out a loud cry upon seeing the grievous wounds inflicted upon her form. He rested his head on top of her chest searching for the sound of her heartbeat. Tears dripped down his cheeks as he began to shake. “No. No. No! Say something Twilight! Anything!”

Twilight did not move, nor did she speak, her body growing colder with each passing second.

“Come back.” Spike pleaded quietly one last time his head hanging low, tears falling onto Twilight as thunder rumbled overhead. Rain began to pour heavily upon them.