• Published 2nd Nov 2020
  • 998 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Exiles of the Empire - Hikarikurai24587



One change, one simple change brings chaos to the galaxy

  • ...
6
 14
 998

The Dune Sea

Chapter Twenty Five: The Dune Sea

When Celestia fell Rex and the ponies on the bridge rushed to check on her. Luna took a deep breath before shouting. “Do not touch her!”

All eyes turned to Luna who was closest to the unconscious Alicorn. She looked down at her sister as she explained. “She is magically exhausted, keeping her in the sunlight will allow for her magical stores to recharge. We will have to remain here until she awakens. With the light of two suns it should take a full rest.”

“Eight hours?” Anakin sounded surprised and Luna nodded her head as she spoke. “Perhaps it would be best to go to the surface and gather supplies. Master Skywalker, would you like to lead the party?”

Anakin seemed to freeze for a moment, the thought of going back to his home planet didn't sit well with him. He looked down at Spike who just blinked in response and then looked back to Luna. "I...can't. I know it's important to everyone but I am not ready yet to set foot down there again."

“I understand.” Luna nodded her head as she looked back over at Twilight's Vigil. Nodding her head she continued. “I will lead the party then.”

"Thank you, your highness. I will keep an eye on the crew and Celestia." He made a respectful bow to Luna then knelt down to be eye level with Spike. "You gonna go with?"

“Yeah.” Spike said as Rex spoke up. “General, are you sure it is wise to send them down? Tatooine is controlled by Hutts.”

"Right now with the state of the galaxy I'm sure that it will be fine since whatever Hutt is down there cooped themselves up in the palace." Anakin replied, getting back to his feet. Rex didn’t look happy as Luna nodded her head before leaving with Spike behind her.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Rex asked, looking at Anakin.

“No, but we don’t have much choice Rex...unless you’re referring to them going without me.” Anakin answers him tilting his head downward. Rex sighed as he said. “Both, probably. Are we sure those amulets will work on Spike?”

“I hope so...though I have a feeling he won’t stand out as much as the ponies will if he doesn’t. I just hope I’m right about the Hutts. I know I should go with them Rex, I just can’t. You know why I can’t.” Anakin responded, raising his head and stared at Rex. Rex placed a hand on Anakin’s shoulder. “I understand sir. You should head back, make sure they understand everything about Tatooine and where to go, currency, and clothing… I want them to be prepared.”

“You’re right. I’m just not feeling myself today.” Anakin answered as ran off in the group’s direction to speak with them. “Luna!”

Luna turned her head, asking. “Will you be joining us on our trip back to the Vigil?”

“There’s just some things I forgot to mention. I’ll tell you on the way.” Anakin told her, catching his breath. Luna nodded her head as they went to the hanger.



Spike did not realize how much hotter a planet was when it had two suns. He was pretty heat resistant in his original form, but the one that the amulet granted him made this place more tolerable. The group that he was with: Princess Luna, Rarity, Nova Explorer, and an Earth Pony mare named Ivy Jewel. Rarity was in charge of haggling and making deals for the supplies they needed and selling the ores that Rarity found on Odessen. Ivy Jewel was in charge of carrying said supplies, Applejack was busy with repairs to the Star Destroyer. Nova Explorer was to keep an eye on them, Luna and Spike were scoping out the planet in case they had to return. They were in the city of Mos Eisley, a bustling town that Luna had been warned that it was a major hub but was the hub of criminals and villains. Rarity looked around carefully, her blue eyes taking in each of the stalls when a small creature approached them. It began to talk to Rarity who stared down at it for a moment noticing it was waving a hand towards the supplies.

“No, no. I am trying to sell these for money, unless you have the parts we need.” Rarity said, the hooded creature began to speak again. “Oh? That much? No, no, no, I get the feeling you are trying to get the better bargain out of this.”

“Rarity?” Luna asked and Rarity glanced at her saying. “I can handle this, a suggestion, we will need another avenue of obtaining money. I have a feeling that this fellow will try and take most of the ore and gems.”

Rarity blinked and tilted her head. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, we're going to be here awhile so I thought I would see if there's a job I could do somewhere." Luna said as she shifted her head back and forth to see if anything caught her attention. She stopped looking and pointed in the direction of a nearby building. "I think I overheard that place being a cantina? Maybe I could work there."

"I don't know, remember what Anakin said about this place? I don't want you getting hurt." Rarity said putting her hands on Luna's shoulders. Luna responded by placing a hand over one of Rarity's saying. "I'll be fine. Stay with Spike and see if you still can't sell but don't let anyone rip you off."

Rarity nodded but she had a concerned look in her face turning into a slight smile seeing Spike munching on something. "Spike! Darling, now is not the time."

Luna chuckled as Spike forcibly gulped his food as she walked away towards the cantina. It was a loud bustling place with all kinds of customers, some mean looking and some that looked like they worked off the land coming out to relax with a drink. Lively music was playing and Luna couldn't resist tapping a foot to it. She took notice of the male bartender behind the counter who she walked up to and said "Excuse me, sir?"

"Yeah? What are you having?" The bartender responded not really looking at her, serving drinks to the other customers.

"Oh...I'm not looking for a drink, I was wondering if I could get a job here?" Luna asked, trying to get his attention.

The bartender turned his head and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "A young lady like you working at a place like this? Can't say I agree with the idea but I know that times are tough. You sure you want to do this? Could use the help as this is a droid-free zone so I can only get actual people." He turned back away as he served drinks to some impatient customers.

"Yes sir I would like to, my ship and crew are stuck here for now so I would like to try and make some extra money." Luna answered trying again to make sure she had his attention.

"Alright but don't say that I didn't warn you, I ain't responsible for your well being if you work here." Luna nodded as she moved towards the counter to wait for instructions. “Sorry, can’t let you behind the counter unless I can trust you. I just know where to send you two. I want you two to find a shipment of mine lost in the Dune Sea. I hired two guys to bring it to me but they just told me I wasn’t paying them for risking their necks. Ditched it as soon as trouble came their way. Cowards. Anyways, you two better get that shipment and bring it here.”

The bartender handed them a device saying. “Here’s the tracker, after a few stolen shipments I always make sure there is one. I can only afford the one, so if it breaks you're on your own.”

Luna took the tracker looking down at Spike and dragged him out of the cantina. "Spike what are you doing? You're supposed to wait with Rarity."

"Sorry, something smelled good and I wanted to make sure that you were alright." Spike said as he looked down at the ground and rubbed the tip of one of his feet in the sand.

"Well, seeing as you got dragged into this you're going to help me. Now let's see…" Luna took a look at the tracker, it appeared similar to the devices on the ship that it wasn't too hard to understand. "That way." Luna said pointing in the direction.

A gruff looking alien angrily approached the two of them, towering over Luna looking down at them both. "Got some kind of problem with how I look or something?"

Luna looked at him with surprise before her eyes narrowed. “If you have a problem with me doing my job, take it up with my employer. I had said nothing nor done nothing to you. Good day, sir.”

Luna turned around, the alien appearing to not having liked the answer grabbed her shoulder roughly. A voice barked behind them. “HANDS OFF MY EMPLOYEES YOU WORTHLESS CRIMINAL!”

Luna grabbed the hand and removed it from her shoulder with surprising strength before carrying on her way. Spike turned his head to continue to watch but Luna called for him to follow. The Dune Sea awaited them.


The Dune Sea had earned its name. From the endless landscape of sand to the ever changing waves of sand. Spike wasn’t sure how long they would be able to hold out for. He was getting tired and when he checked on Luna she seemed to be getting the worst of it. Despite the layers she wore to block the sun from her skin she was growing sluggish and tired. He was helping her along watching the tracker when something felt off. He didn’t have much time to react when something jumped out of the sand clocking him across the face letting out a yell. Spike hit the sand trying to clear his head. Everything was spinning before collapsing unconscious.