• Published 18th Sep 2020
  • 1,937 Views, 292 Comments

Magic's Birth: The Sisters' Memories - The Psychopath



Luna and Celestia tell Twilight of the time when their makers were still around, when they were awoken, and potentially discover what the Blue energy that birthed the magic that gave life to the world was.

  • ...
6
 292
 1,937

Their Point of View

"When the blue energy was discovered, everyone cheered wildly after seeing what it could do and how much power it could produce," Pa said. "But when we asked for it, you never passed it to us. Said that these lands were too polluted and mixing the energies would have grave consequences for the world in the long run!" He growled while his clenched fists trembled. "Who knows what would have happened if you even bothered to share that energy. Instead, we have to use an older energy that is hardly even as efficient, and our lives are all the more difficult!

Galah turned his head to the side. "There is more to your story that you aren't telling," the prototype stated.

The old male huffed. "It's a summary with superficial elements trimmed off."

"My makers told me otherwise." He pointed at the elder. "That those of the black are devious and have tried to steal the blue energy since its inceptions, preferring to try and take as much of it as possible rather than an acceptable amount."

"Because you refuse to share it!" he rebutted.

"At the same time, your mere presence corrupts and pollutes the lands around you thanks to the black invariably tied to your bodies," Galah countered. "It's no wonder that the makers have a deep hatred of you."

The sisters and Biddledee remained silent while the adults and Rahllup were visibly growing angrier.

"We pollute the lands?" the adult male shouted in shock. "What about your blue? It's oh so precious yet you let it destroy our air with that...bizarre trail it leaves behind."

"I've detected no traces of such interactions in this territory," Luna interjected. "I've only detected navigation interference at its most concentrated."

Pa gestured to her. "See? Even you machines are affected by the very thing that powers you!"

Galah crossed his arms. "Because it's not contained or focused. It's just left in the wilderness. The byproduct of the blue is harmless."

The large female scoffed. "It emaciated the people of the blue after they became too dependent on their machines to function. Heard you can't even breathe well over there," she mumbled.

"I was told the same of the lands tainted by the black, but I have no lungs to take in such the air," Galah explained. "Falsifying information...I don't like it."


"And the bickering continued like that for several hours at least," Luna sighed. "No, my place is better. No, mine is better! Yours is icky, pee-u!" she mocked while clenching her muzzle.

"So, what. No one had a plausible reason to hate each other?" Twilight asked.

Celestia sat on an outcrop of stone and rested her head in her 'hands'. "They did, but no one had a proper way to explain their disdain." She looked at Twilight. "Even Luna and I had trouble figuring out what the actual reasons behind their hatred were, and even then, we only vaguely knew what it was about."

Twilight sat down, staring at the princesses with an assertive and doubtful gaze. "So, what is the point of view of makers that makes them hate the black energy and the caretakers that makes them hate the blue but still try and steal it for themselves."

Luna tapped her head. "From what I can gather, those of the black stuck to their own energy productions and ended up left behind when it was discovered that the blue was far more efficient and powerful."

Celestia started thinking hard, digging deep into her old data drives. "We're unsure as to why they weren't given the means of using that energy afterwards, but both sides sort of entered some kind of rivalry."

"And, predictably, the blue came out ahead," Luna added. "Not for lack of trying, though."

"The relationship between the two became envenomed, I think," Celestia pondered. She looked to her sister. "Didn't those of the blue say the black energy was a dangerous and toxic product for everything around it?"

Luna thought hard. "I think there were old documents showing the consequences of it. I just remember that they were considered gruesome."

"So, it was propaganda," Twilight said.

"Yes and no?" Luna said with uncertainty. "It had some truth to it, but..."

"The blue energy caused its own fair share of problems, but it was decidedly more powerful," Celestia thought out loud.

"More power doesn't mean less dangerous," Twilight stated. "It's possible they were hiding the effects."

Celestia shook her head. "The effects of the blue would have still been very pronounced back then."

"So then what happened?"

The sisters shrugged. "Don't know," Luna said. "We were never very invested in that part of history, and because the makers of the blue and those of the black refused to say anything outright, we never learned the truth."

"I though those of the black were called 'caretakers'," Twilight said.

Luna shrugged. "They're both the same thing, to be honest. Only Rahllup and Biddydee ever called them caretakers."

Celestia attempted to flex her non-existent muscles. "One is just more bricc than the other!" she said.

Luna and Twilight both looked at her sideways.

"What does that even mean?" Twilight asked.

The solar princess shrugged and laid back. "Muscular? I just overheard several of the younger ponies mention it constantly in the streets. I thought it sounded funny," she chuckled.

Twilight shook her head. "Going back to the two energies, it sounds like there might be some darker truth that the general public forgot, to me," she posited.

"It's more than possible," the lunar princess agreed. "The technology they had back then were leagues ahead of what exists now." Her body twitched. "And then there was that thing that would always pop up in the sky with its blue lights and the trail of blue energy that always lingered for days." She nodded to herself. "Biddledee had some interesting points of view on the whole debate, though."


The sisters and Biddydee could hear the arguments from outside. They didn't want to deal with the commotion, although the sisters were still somewhat concerned for Galah's well-being. The triangular machine preferred to invite the two to one of the many farm animals that they owned. They arrived at a very tall, electrified cage made with sturdy and thick metal beams. They towered over the sisters, reminding them of the scrapyard. Hiding behind it were several large, bipedal creatures with retracted arms ending in long and sharp claws. Their bodies were covered in thick plates that covered the top of their heads but not their mouths. One stepped out from the cave the group were living in, its crooked teeth exposed in a snarl and dripping in spit.

Luna leaned forward. "It's smiling," she noted.

"N-no...No. That's not smiling," Biddydee groaned.

"It's snarling at you," Celestia noted. She looked around then picked up a rock. "If you throw a rock at it hard away it'll either snarl hard or no more."

She was about to hand it to Luna when the triangular robot smacked the rock away. "You don't hurt them!" She looked to the creatures. "We call them mantifloks. They're grown for their scales and the meat that gets pulled out when you remove them."

"So you terminated them," Luna pondered.

Biddledee's eyes seemed to fill with enthusiasm. "Nope. That's the great thing about them. The meat that grows under their scales is superficial. Just there to make their hide even tougher."

Celestia leaned towards the fence. "Is there a method of removing them? They appear quite aggressive." She looked towards the 'farmer'. "Do I use this?" she asked as she raised a rock as big as her head.

"Wha-Would you stop that?!" Biddydee grabbed the rock and threw it as far as she could muster. "You're supposed to use our full bodies to hold them in place and peel the scales off from the back. It hurts them momentarily, but they're relieved afterwards." She revved up her internal engine. "Helps them renew their scales and remove potential parasites. Plus, we can see how healthy they are by the color of the flesh underneath." She squeezed her fingers together. "They have to be a dull gray. If it's a bright gray then it's still young."

They overheard louder yelling in the house, but it sounded more like laughter, leaving Biddydee to simulate a sigh.

"What is your point of view on the opposition of the makers that use black energy and blue energy?" Luna asked the triangular machine.

She watched Celestia drift off into the wilderness without the triangular machine noticing.

"I have a more in-depth point of view of it considering how and why I was built, if that's what you're asking," she said snarkily.

"Those are irrelevant," Luna rebutted.

"Well, I don't know then." Biddydee glared at one of the mantifloks who immediately returned to the cave. "With what has been intercepted from the blue, they mention my caretakers being sickly and wild because of the black energy." She walked around the pen, getting a better look at the creature present. "Everything was twisted and broken by the black, and yet...The more I look at images of the blue, it feels like the opposite."

"Is it because of the body types of the makers?" Luna wondered.

It took Biddy a moment to think of a appropriate answer. "No. It's just...Well, maybe. It's just everything I see that doesn't...add up." She gestured to the whole of the lands with an outstretched arm. "In certain seasons, we get a very colorful landscape, but often it's just gray and black. The lands of the blue, though? Always bright and excessively colorful, like the natural pigmentation had bee boosted."

The blue machine looked around and kicked the grass. "It could be that your perceptions are influenced by the bleak landscapes you live in and have always lived in," she posited. "Perhaps that is how the world is meant to look?"

Biddydee shook her head and leaned against the fence, her body ignoring the electricity coursing through it. Luna could see her foot planted in the ground as well as sparks running along pushed out lines of her chassis.

"Maybe, but what land rarely has any rain yet stays so...alive and vibrant?" she asked. "We have rain infrequently here despite being near the sea, but we still have rain. Could you tell me if that was just omission or--"

"I have not experienced any weather phenomenon aside from sunny and cloudy, although I believe there was only a single instance of rain." Luna's eyes flickered. "A lack of precipitation is abnormal to plant growth."

"You see?" Biddledee looked up and covered most of her face with an arm. "This snow also makes no sense. It isn't cold enough, but it falls regardless." She lowered herself a bit. "Granted, it's still cold, but not cold enough." The robot pounded her chest. "It does wonders for my systems though."

Luna thought deeply. "What about the creatures?" she asked.

"What about them?" Biddy asked innocently.

"I just believed you to have commentary on them." She gestured to the mantifloks. "Your cattle appears extremely aggressive. They are more than capable -and willing- to bring great harm to your m-caretakers," she caught herself.

Biddledee looked to them and swayed back and forth. "It's true that they weren't this huge when I was first activated, but that's just breeding. Five decades is more than enough time for such a short-lived creature."

Luna felt skeptical about that explanation. No creature in their right mind would breed what was clearly a predator to be far larger, even if they were used for food and materials. That they needed the robots' massive bodies was already a red flag to the machine.

"If my caretakers calm down, I'll ask them if you can come along to the city," Biddledee suggested.

"I will cross-reference data acquired from both experiences," she said. "I am curious to find new machines, then we need to return to the blue together."

"T-together?!" the triangular robot shouted in disbelief. "Hey, wait, where's your--"

A loud noise caused Biddy to jump. Celestia was cheering in the air after having thrown a large stone at the head of the mantiflok, knocking it out.

"Well aimed, sister," Luna congratulated.