• Published 18th Sep 2020
  • 1,919 Views, 243 Comments

Magic's Birth: The Sisters' Memories - The Psychopath



Luna and Celestia tell Twilight of the time when their makers were still around, when they were awoken, and potentially discover what the Blue energy that birthed the magic that gave life to the world was.

  • ...
6
 243
 1,919

Soaring High

"So what do 'friends', do?" Galah asked.

Luna shrugged. "Spend activities in the presence of one another. That is how my owners reacted to their offspring speaking of other similarly aged acquaintances."

The old machine wagged his head left and right, adjusting his joints. "I see." He looked to the technician. "So...now what? What is there to see that has changed since I was last online?"

The male shook his head. "How should I know? I don't pay attention to anything but robotics." He looked at Luna. "Didn't you say something about the sea?"

"Yes. The port," Luna replied.

"The port? Why? Traveling to other places?" Galah asked.

"Contemplated traveling to other cities," Luna said. She floated lower. "Unsure of next course of action or where to go," she said as she looked at the maker.

Galah folded and unfolded his eight-jointed fingers. "If you want to travel then taking a boat isn't the solution." He looked down at himself. "And I don't think I would work so well around sea water," he mumbled while prodding his chassis.

"Then where should we go?" Celestia asked.

The prototype looked around, humming to himself. "Uuuuh...The atmospheric rotation dock is still that way?" he asked the maker while pointing away.

The technician was given his computer by the giant and started looking up information, grunting in interest. "It is. It might take you three days to get there by foot," he said with a smile.

The prototype scoffed. "If we had to stop every few minutes to eat, sleep, and expel bodily waste, maybe."

Galah was met with a nod. "Fair enough," the technician conceded. "You have me there. Could still take you a day, provided you don't get lost."

"Then we just go in a straight line and try to mention knowledge of that direction regardless of where we're going," Galah concluded.

Celestia floated close. "How will we know if we don't pass it?"

The technician laughed. "That place is enormous! If you missed it I would be very impressed."

"We will leave, then," Luna said.

The two robots floated up, ready to pass over the fence when Galah called them.

"I can't fly!" he yelled angrily as he bounced up and down. "How do I get out of here?" The sisters grabbed him from beneath his arms and started to raised. "Oh. That works."

"Or, you could just walk out the gate or use the workshop!" the technician shouted angrily.

Luna stared. "There's a door?" she said in astonishment.

"Of course there's a door! How else would I get in?" He pointed his cane at her. "And I'm tired of you coming in and out by flying. You've done this thirty times already!"

The blue machine tilted her head. "We have only done this twice," she said.

"Well, that's three times too many!"

The three robots stared at him silently. Celestia shorted out and went offline for a few seconds.

"Makes no sense," Galah complained. He turned his head to face Luna. "Bring me out!" he shouted while wiggling his legs. "I want to see how the world is now!"

The sisters complied, bringing him over the fence despite the technician's protest and dropping Galah on the ground. The weight of his legs cracked the white floor, but it seemed to bring no reactions otherwise.

"Alright. Let's see what is new while we walk to the dock." He moved forward, laughing quietly. "Ha ha. Rhyme."

While Luna and Celestia were brand new machines with no real precedent, most people ignored them for one reason or another. Galah, however, was already known. His large body 'thunking' heavily on the ground surprised a great many makers as the trio moved forward. Several makers stopped him to ask if he was really said prototype, what he was doing there, and a great many other questions. Annoyed, he passed them by, trying to keep as silent as possible to not reveal his awareness, something the other two didn't do. Celestia didn't have to hold him back when they passed by several streets. The prototype didn't seem very impressed by what he saw, but he still enjoyed being awake and able to move about once more, admiring the size of the buildings. However, as with seemingly every excursion by Luna, the group ended up at a dead end.

"If I had hair I'd probably be scratching it pensively," Galah contemplated as he looked up the size of a skyscraper.

The group were blocked by a massive line of buildings, with their immediate right being blocked. Luna and Celestia floated a ways down while Galah was left to his own devices. Upon their return, the two were met with the prototype holding one of the weird flying insects Luna had discovered before. It consistently expelled a large quantity of air but wasn't able to free itself from the robot's grip.

"We must find an alternate route," Celestia explained. She pointed to the row of buildings in front of them and traced along an invisible path. "They go very far, and we cannot fly from here." She pointed up. "The chances of the vehicles impacting us grows greater the higher we go."

"We need to turn around and find a way around these buildings," Luna added.

"Uhuuuuh..." Galah trailed off. "Or we keep moving forward."

"There are obstructions i--"

"Like this!" The prototype retracted his fingers, raised his arms, then smashed through the building's wall. "Bam! Problem solved!" The two sisters looked at each other, surprised. The prototype looked back at them and tapped the side of his head. "Gotta think outside the rhombicosidodecahedron."

"...The what?" Luna asked.

Galah didn't answer, preferring to just use his shortcut while the dust was still floating around. The building still had an older design to it, replete with several rooms separated not by an adjustable hard light wall, but by solid materials.

The prototype stopped and tapped the walls. "Huh. This building still has material walls. I thought those were phased out." He tapped it several times with his elongated fingers. "It's the metal that moves about." He 'narrowed' his eyes and looked around. "I wonder how many times they reshaped this floor."

The three were met with outraged yells by the makers working there. While Luna and Celestia looked about, ensuring that said makers hadn't been harmed, Galah seemed completely oblivious to their existence, almost smashing into one when he walked through the dust cloud. The actual entrance of the building was an 'old' styled rotating glass pane large enough to accommodate several makers side-by-side at the same time.

When the trio reached it and were going to leave, Galah stopped and turned around, horrified. "There were makers in here?!"


"That Galah doesn't seem like a good person," Twilight stated in disgust. "Why did you travel with him?"

"Because he was like us," Celestia said. "And it's not that he was a bad person." She looked away and rubbed the back of her neck while trying to think of a proper explanation. "He was aloof."

"Very aloof," Luna added.

"Yes, and he always went for the straightforward approach to things, often simply using whatever was at his disposition to solve a problem even if they weren't his to give."

Twilight raised a brow. "That's a very bizarre personality to have." She reignited the orbs of light around the cave and snorted. "Kinda dusty in here," she mumbled to herself. "It almost sounded like he was contemptful or just outright ignored the well-being of the makers in that...what was it, a skyscraper?"

"He ignored everyone's well-being," Luna croaked. "He was a strange being. Helping us but oblivious to us at the same time." She shrugged. "I don't even know how he was computing everything around him." Her eyes flashed and the light fizzled for a few seconds. "It almost seemed like he couldn't process everything and rejected what he saw as excess information."

"Or his systems were buffering everything taken in and only processed the immediately important information?" Celestia posited.

"Well, he was a prototype," Luna conceded.

"But then...was he already like that or did his new awareness cause it," Twilight contemplated.

Now it was the princesses' turn to have something to mull over on.


"Yes," Luna said. "They have been here the whole time."

The prototype looked to her, stunned. "I thought they just appeared here." He shrugged. "Best to leave quickly then."

The doorway retracted into itself many times until the two halves had vanished into the upper wall, leaving place for the three to leave 'tranquilly' while under verbal assault by angry makers. Content with his work, Galah continued forward with the sisters. It took about two hours of traveling, at which point the sky was slowly becoming darker. Off in the distance, the group could see a huge, wide-open space with more buildings, far, far away from it. It was the port they were searching for, and it had been dug deep, deep into the ground. At least a hundred and seven floors worth, the blue machine contemplated. A large craft, its size hard to determine, came flying in from above and landed on the runway, sliding to a halt. Luna could see the large blue trail leading from it to high above the clouds.

Several towering pillars of metal sat on the runway with ships connected vertically to them. In the distance there were several space ladders leading left and right, gradually rising higher and higher until the ship flew off the ramp and high, high into the sky.

"Perplexing," Galah muttered. He had grabbed his chin and was calculating everything he could see. "The building for receptions and departures is all the way over there on the right." He looked to the left. "But-"

"The runway is five times the necessary size to accommodate low-orbit spacecraft." Celestia hovered past the prototype, dragging his attention. "Black patches on the ground of significant size. Illuminated patterns indicate reception of object larger than the port building." She hummed, attracting Luna's attention. "Source unknown. The size is too immense to understand, and my database is not properly compiled yet."

Galah nodded and dropped onto the ground, letting his legs roll over the ramp of dirt leading to the port. The port was very loud, filling up the air with the sounds of roaring engines and moving vehicles. "So, where do you want to go, then?" he asked the two. "We can't just randomly choose where to go. That's luck, and that runs out quick."

Luna paused a moment and pulled up her memories. "A place with black energy."

The prototype stammered. "What?!"

"Yes," Luna said in monotone.

"Those places are forbidden for us!" His head gradually dropped to the side. "Mainly because there's no blue energy for us to recharge ourselves." He tapped the side of his head several times. "I seem to have already dropped to about eighty percent power." Galah huffed. "What about you two?"

"We are still well above ninety-seven percent," Celestia said.

"I'd have an aneurysm if I were made of skin," he said in a very annoyed tone. "What kind of advancements did they do on your models?"

"Unknown," the white machine responded. "Those documents were not accessible by me. Only transferable to an authorized system."

"A shame," Galah complained. "I really wanted to know!" He looked towards the port and saw many automated fueling equipment moving around, their angular bodies reflecting light everywhere as they carried giant containers on their backs. "We'll have to find public service stations so I can recharge myself."

Luna grabbed his shoulder. "Don't you have a tracker in your systems? You must deactivate it."

Galah shook his head. "I'm a prototype. As bizarre as it sounds, prototypes don't get trackers simply because we never leave the manufacturer's building." He started pulling up old memories. "We are made in there. We are tested in there. We are improved and demonstrated in there. No one can reach us, and after we've served our purpose, we disappear." He rubbed his neck, producing a loud 'clicking' as he readjusted his neck joints beneath the plating. "Not sure what happens to us. Could be that the very first robot is still hidden somewhere. Still!" He rose up and clapped his folded fingers together. "I want to know what the places with black energy look like, so let's hitch a ride and get there."

As the night darkened and the colors started to pop out once more, Luna's gaze was attracted upwards once more. The massive object had returned, with the massive blue lights that could engulf whole sections of the city at once. She hadn't seen them in so long. It was still silent and still impossible to see through the clouds. Her systems heated up as she grew annoyed at seeing it once more but being unable to determine what it was. The blue machine still felt that it could make things difficult just as it did when it left the massive trail in the sky many days prior.