• Published 4th Sep 2020
  • 375 Views, 14 Comments

The Battle of Danger City Part One - A New Dawn - DangerDean

  • ...
2
 14
 375

Chapter 7 - The Calm Before the Storm (Part 2b - Searching Through Abandoned Property)

Alliance of Extreme Darkness HQ
Oscura City, 21:23

While Estrella and Adagio were en-route to the headquarters, Inferno was talking to an old friends of hers in the main office. She first met her after the Friendship Games five years ago and was a former principal of Crystal Prep, Abacus Cinch.

“You know, Abacus.” Inferno said, “Do you know what the goal of the Alliance of Extreme Darkness is?”

Abacus sighed.

“Yes, I think I do.” Abacus replied. “The goal of this team. is that you and your associates to capture the Legion of Speedfreak’s founder, DangerDean. But I must warn you, Inferno, what he may come up with in the foreseeable future, is something you may not like.”

“I don’t think we are worried about Danger anymore since we have the technology, cars and anything related into dealing with the Legion.” Inferno was on a tablet and was processing some car-related files.

Abacus adjusted her glasses slightly.

“You know, Inferno.” Abacus said. “I’m more interested in the command section for this group. As I have no reason for me to risk myself getting killed by Danger, I much prefer too...” She was interrupted by Oscura who had been finishing off her OSC2 Valkyria and was heading outside for some fresh air.

“Hey, Oscura, I think I found someone who might help with your Danger-related problem.” Inferno said, trying to get Oscura’s attention.

“What is the problem exactly, Inferno?” Abacus asked her.

This led to a facepalm from Oscura.

“Never go down that route with me, Abacus!” Oscura said coldly, “He’s already blown my OSC1 Nemesis and I had to built a faster one than the previous car which he destroyed, which WAS in fact, the OSC1 NEMESIS!”

“Calm down, Oscura.” Abacus tried to simmer down Oscura’s anger. “You’ll catch him someday.”

Oscura then had a proper look at Abacus.

“Do you know who you remind me of?” Oscura asked her.

“No, who?” Abacus was looking puzzled with Oscura.

Inferno meanwhile, sighed and headed for her quarters for some rest, knowing this conversation could drag on.

“My mother.” Oscura replied. “You just have feeling that you might have been someone who cared for me in the past. Not like the dogs of the Legion of Speedfreaks who kept jeopardising my life and make want to kill them, especially Danger.”

“Who is your mother, Oscura?”

“Rosa Estrella Galaxia.” Oscura replied to Abacus’ question. “She had a nemesis of her own before I was even born and on the day she left me...” Oscura paused because her heartbeat was accelarating. “... I didn’t even get speak to her when I first encountered Danger ten years ago, saying that I picked on the wrong person to mess with.”

Abacus was moved by Oscura’s story.

“I was heartbroken when she decided that when Danger became my nemesis she said that enough was enough and she decided to leave me to my own devices.” Oscura continued. “But the best part about it is that I don’t have listen to voice that is always strict about everything. But I’m a strict person myself, but not that type of strict. After my dismal loss at the Battle of Paradise City however, I decided that I make Rotten Apple, Shadow Wings, Anti-Pinks and Diamond Rush below my rank which is... Queen of the Alliance of Extreme Darkness. I prefer them to call me 'mistress'. Estrella Dragonheart and Inferno Tempest on the other hand... they are my friends and will anything in my power to protect them.”

Abacus was wondering where Oscura is going.

“Even though I got rid of my mother’s voices, my brain has always been plague by the sound...” Oscura’s eyes turned bright red. “... OF DANGER’S STUPID VOICE THAT I KEEP HAVING TO HEAR... FOR TEN LONG YEARS!"

Abacus saw that Oscura was having one of her many rants about the British Speedfreak. She quickly headed to her own quarters but before she could.

“HALT!” Oscura shouted at the top of her voice.
Abacus was getting a bit annoyed with her because with her sudden rant eariler.

“You said enough now, Oscura. Get some rest and you’ll be ready to get him tommorrow, yeah.” Abacus said and closed the door.

“I’m the Queen of the Alliance of Extreme Darkness...” Oscura said to herself. “... and I don’t take it kindly to when I’ve been ordered to do anything. She will now who she’s dealing with her... and that person” Oscura’s voice went deeper and more evil “... is me!”

An abandoned Alliance of Extreme Darkness Car Factory
12 miles from the Akula Autodrom, 21:40

While Oscura was displaying a newly formed rage out of nowhere, Danger and Akula had arrived at the abadoned car factory that the BSRU located. When they got out of their cars, they noticed that the building was burnt on the outside but the superstructure is still standing, but only by a thread.

They both knew that they have to be extremely careful.

“You said to me that there is blueprints in this building, but there isn’t any!” Akula said in a hostile tone.

“Chill, Akula!“ Danger responded. “According to my phone, the blueprints are in the main control room. You were thinking they were outside.”

“Yeah, sorry Danger, I didn’t mean to upset you or something” Akula apologised.

“I wasn’t upset or anything, I ws just not convinced.” Danger concluded. “All right, let’s go.” Within seconds, Danger and Akula were inside the factory.

Danger was checking on his phone for any life signs and heard a beep about three seconds.

“If one of the Alliance members if gonna meet us, he or she will be dining on AK-47 rounds.” Akula readied his AK-47.

“Do you think it’s a bad time to tell you this?” Danger said, rather worryingly.

“Tell me what?”

“We can’t use any weapons, for psychological reason only.” Danger replied “Look the BSRU said that the building is so unstable that even a loud noise could cause the superstructure to disintergrate.”

“OK, Danger, thanks for the heads-up.” Akula replied as he and Danger continued their search for the blueprints.

After about three minutes of searching, they found the main assembly line which Danger hoped there would be some blue prints. Danger meanwhile, was checking on the tables for anything useful which he didn’t most of the time. But that changed when he found boxes consisting of memory sticks. Memory sticks that contained all of the future projects that the Alliance of the Extreme Darkness could have brought to life. Danger didn’t realise that there was some writing on the boxes which read: ‘PROPERTY OF THE ALLIANCE, OTHER ORGANISATIONS BEWARE!” He knew that Oscura could have written that just to toy with him. He did realised though the there was thrity plus boxes of those memory sticks.

“Err... Akula, I think I may have a hit the jackpot.” Danger announced quitely.

Akula walked towards the stockpile of boxes containing what Danger needed.

“That’s like... so many boxes. Did Oscura ever use these file because look, there’s like another 20 boxes containing 1 terrabyte hard drives, full to the brim. I have a question, Danger.” Akula said as Danger fished out a penknife from his shorts pocket and tried cutting open the boxes.

“What’s that?”

“Do you think Oscura had all the tools she need to take out the Legion of Speedfreaks? Because I can see sticks which say “Hypercars Folders 240001 to 250001.”

Danger opened up the box he used the penknife for and opened it and closed in the span of ten seconds.

“Well Akula.” Danger announced, putting his penknife away. “It appears that Oscura did in fact have the right cars to track down any car the Legion could build. I also think that she packaged them so well that she didn’t want them to fall into the wrong hands.”

“Why’s that, Danger?”

“This factory alone, throughout the course of ten years, built about 20.4 million vehicles, half of them alone were military vehicles like army personnel carriers, scout tanks, main battle tanks, et cetera. The two biggest things I realised is that the Alliance builds vehicles so awesome in their power, that they have to convoy escorted to avoid being detected by Legion of Speedfreaks. The other is that... I have no idea how I gonna get all of these back to HQ.” Danger replied while he was looking around.

“Do you think you try, Danger?” Akula suggested.

“That’s not possible.” Danger put his knuckles on his jaw. “The space in the Excelsior X can fit one of these if the size is six by six by two. The memory stick boxes are 12x12x8 and the hard drive ones are 20x20x12.”

Akula was defeated in thought.

“But I do have a plan, I’ve got a pickup truck back at Danger City and I might ask my friend Black Flame if she could lend a hand.” Danger said in confidence.

“What sort of pickup have you got, Danger?” Akula was interested into what Danger had in mind.

“A modified Ford Raptor made by Hennessey called the... VelociRaptor 6x6 in red.”

“Wow.” Akula said in shock.

“I’m calling Black Flame now, Akula.” Danger said he tried to ring Black Flame on his phone.