• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 5,499 Views, 97 Comments

Flurry Heart's Story: Cheesy as Pie - AleximusPrime



Flurry Heart and the Cake Twins help Cheese Sandwich get ready to propose to Pinkie Pie, but he starts to wonder if he can even do it right.

  • ...
7
 97
 5,499

Chapter 1

Flurry Heart walked through the streets of Ponyville, accompanied by Spike and Silverstream. They were on their way to Sugarcube Corner where they would introduce Flurry to some new friends, just as the teachers had promised they would do.

“I can’t even remember the last time I went to Sugarcube Corner.” Flurry told them. “I feel like it was years ago back when Pinkie just invited us over for some desserts when I was visiting Ponyville. I don’t think the Cakes were even present.”

“Well Pound and Pumpkin are charming little ponies, Flurry.” said Silverstream. “Do you ever remember meeting them before?”

“No, but Spike said I made a pretty weird first impression back when I was still a baby.”

“Yeah, you should have seen it.” added Spike. “Twilight once left her with them while she was getting an order from Pinkie. Flurry tried breaking up a fight they got into over a toy, but she kinda made things worse and they started throwing cupcakes at her.”

“Aw. I hope they aren’t still holding a grudge.” Silverstream replied.

“Eh, they were babies. I’m sure they forget it even happened.” Spike told her.

They continued on until they finally reached the large building that resembled a giant gingerbread house. Sugarcube Corner was a confectionary where ponies would come to buy all sorts of sweets. Pinkie Pie used to live and work there. Her room upstairs and her “party cave” in the cellar below were still reserved for her when she would stay in Ponyville, but Pinkie was away right now with her boyfriend, Cheese Sandwich. Pinkie dealt so well with Flurry when she was born, so they were both very close. Flurry really wished she could see Pinkie now, but Spike promised her that she and Cheese would both be visiting soon.

They walked on up to the front door and Spike opened it for Flurry and Silverstream. Flurry walked in and saw a young pegasus colt behind the counter. He had a light beige coat with brown, curly hair and his cutie mark was a small chocolate cake with a slice taken out of it. This was undoubtedly Pound Cake, the older brother of the Cake Twins. He was kneading some dough for his mother, Cup Cake. She was a blue earth pony with swirly pink hair that resembled cupcake icing and wore glasses and an apron. She had just come in with a pan for the dough that Pound was using.

“Good job there, dear.” said Mrs. Cake. “Now in a few minutes, I’ll have the chocolate mousse ready for…ooooh! Princess Flurry Heart! We’re so sorry you caught us in the middle of something.”

“Aw, that’s fine, Mrs. Cake.” Silverstream said. “Flurry’s happy to be hear regardless!”

“Hey there, Mrs. Cake.” Flurry said.

“Welcome to Sugarcube Corner, Princess.” Mrs. Cake said, bowing her head. “This here is my son, Pound Cake.”

“Flurry Heart, great to finally meet you!” Pound said, as he flew in the air, spinning the flattened dough around on top of his hoof. He then wadded it back up in his hooves and rolled it around in a circular fashion while talking. “I’m Pound Cake. As you can see, the dough’s my specialty around here. My sister works with the flavoring and spices, of course she’ll work with anything when it comes to-”

“AAAAGGGGHHH!!!”

A young female pony yelled in the room behind them. She then burst through the door and ran out before skidding to a halt, right beneath Pound. She was a light shade of yellow, had orange, fluffy hair, and wore a cerulean bow in her mane that was a bit smaller than Flurry’s. Her cutie mark was a pumpkin, thus giving away that this was Pumpkin Cake.

“Bro, you didn’t tell me she was gonna be here this soon!” she squawked before turning to Flurry. She then grabbed one of Flurry’s hooves and shook it very fast. “Anyway, hey, Princess! I’m Pumpkin Cake! I love sweet stuff and I love mixing it in with other sweet stuff and making it super tasty so everypony who comes here has the best treats ever! You’re gonna have so much fun here and we might even bake you a special guest cake! Ooooh, that would be awesome, wouldn’t it, Pound?!”

While she continued running her mouth, she finally let go of Flurry’s hoof. Flurry continued to vibrate out of control until Spike walked up behind her and put his finger on top of her head to get her to stand still. The vibration went through his arm, but was absorbed by his dragon chub and quickly wore off.

“Hehe, thanks Spike.” Flurry told him as he giggled a bit.

Just then, their father, Carrot Cake walked in. He was a taller, more slender earth pony who wore an ice cream parlor hat and an apron like Mrs. Cake did. His coat and mane colors were very similar to Pumpkin’s.

“You’ll have to forgive Pumpkin.” Mr. Cake said as he stood next to his wife. “She takes after her favorite babysitter, Pinkie Pie.”

“Well hey, Pinkie’s like an aunt to me so I’m totally cool with that.” Flurry replied.

“Oh, and don’t worry about the old toy hot-air balloon. We grew out of that thing fast.” Pound told Flurry as he landed in front of her.

“Er, wait, you guys remember that?”

“Nah, we were babies. Pinkie just told us.”

“She tells us everything.” Pumpkin added with a big smile on her face.

“Well it’s great to meet you guys.” Flurry continued. “Silverstream said you’d keep me company during my stay in Ponyville this summer.”

“Yeah, sounds like you’re already having quite an adventure. We heard about what happened the other night with that big red rhino thing that turned out to be a changeling.” Pound told her.

“That must’ve been crazy! Silverstream, is it true you guys are the new Elements of Harmony?” Pumpkin asked, excitedly.

“Hehe, I guess we are.” Silverstream giggled while shrugging. “We’re not sure when we’ll ever need to use those things again, but we’re trying to not worry about it too much. We kept the Elements back in a vault in the crystal castle. But hey, we have Flurry to thank for figuring out it was us who were the ones to stop General Scutellum.”

Silverstream put her talon around Flurry’s shoulder as Flurry blushed.

“Well guys, I’d better go.” she said as she walked towards the entrance. “Gallus and I have some plans for the day so I’d better go get ready! Have fun, Flurry!” she said, waving.

“Bye Silverstream! Thanks again for bringing me over!” Flurry called back as everyone else waved to Silverstream.

“So, Pound, Pumpkin, you guys wanted to show Flurry something?” Spike said to the twins.

“OOOOH! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!” Pumpkin said with widened eyes. “Pound, everything’s ready over in the living room! Should we take her in right now?”

“Oh right! Yeah, let’s do it now while we still can!” Pound said, flying over to the next room.

Flurry looked confused, but Spike motioned for her to follow them. Eager to know what the surprise was, she went into the living room next door to see a small makeshift stage that had been set up. Pumpkin sat down in front of the stage and patted the ground next to her for Flurry to come join her. Flurry sat down and Pound turned off the lights in the room and pulled the shades. He then walked over to a spotlight behind them and shone it on the stage. The buildup of drums could be heard from a nearby boom-box and a familiar voice began to speak. Flurry instantly recognized the voice. It belonged to Cheese Sandwich.

“Fillies and gentlecolts, thank you for joining us today! We’re as excited to be here as you are to see us! So now, to our super-special guest from the remote land of the Crystal Empire, Princess Flurry Heart, we welcome you to Ponyville!”
The sound of an accordion could be heard and the curtains parted to reveal Pinkie’s party canon in the center of the stage. It was lit from behind and appeared to be a little bigger than usual, almost as if something big and round was inside of it. Suddenly, it exploded and spat out a chubby, pink pony with fluffy magenta hair. She was wearing the same exact bow Flurry had and her cutie mark was three colorful balloons. It was Pinkie Pie!

Pinkie flew up in the air out of her canon and landed on the edge of the stage, right in front of the Cake Twins and Flurry. Flurry gasped and made the biggest smile she could possibly make. Pinkie began to sing as Cheese continued to play his accordion in the background.

Pinkie:
We welcome you
Hope you have fun
We’re going to party and make merry
Till the day is done

Now there’s no time to waste
Let’s make your stay worthwhile
Flurry Heart, get ready to smile!

“Take it away, Cheesie!” Pinkie called as a silhouette of Cheese with his accordion could be seen walking in from the side of the stage. He jumped right in where the spotlight shone next to Pinkie and sang.

Cheese:
We’re here to entertain you
We’re here to make you laugh
It won’t be just a piece of cake
But more like half

Pinkie:
Oh, yummy!

Cheese:
We’re so anxious to get started
Brightening your day
Sit back! Relax!
Enjoy your staaaaay

Both:
Flurry, we’re so happy
To see you want to learn
The friendship lessons Twilight taught
Now it’s your turn

Your time right here in Ponyville
Will be the perfect start
Gooooooo get em, Fluuuuurryyyyyy Heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart!

Cheese stood tall and played the final notes on his accordion as Pinkie slid on her knees in front of him. She stretched her arms out and leaned her head back with her mouth open wide as they both sang the final note. Several mechanized, miniature party canons rolled in on both sides and spat out confetti and fireworks as a large banner that said “WELCOME, FLURRY HEART!!” unfurled from the top curtain. The music and singing finally came to a stop.

Spike and the Cake twins all started clapping loudly. Flurry jumped in the air and flapped her wings while squealing. She flew towards the lovable, plump mare to get a hug.

“PINKIE PIE!!!” she squealed as she dove in and wrapped her arms around Pinkie’s neck and cushioned herself against her plump, soft belly.

“FLURRY!! HOW’S MY LITTLE MATCHING-BOW MARE?!” Pinkie shouted, hugging her tenderly.

Author's Note:

The tune to the "Welcome, Flurry Heart" song can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j7bbX5ScAzTzXAeGHQgRbUociYwCuuvw/view?usp=sharing