• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 526 Views, 6 Comments

Pony and the Yak - Majestical4729



Based on Disney's 1991 animated film Beauty and the Beast, but with some alternations.

  • ...
4
 6
 526

Sandbar and Cozy Glow

Sandbar watched his father walk further and further away, until the latter was completely out of his sight. Unknown to the earth ponies, a pegasus mare about Sandbar's age was spying on them from afar.

The pegasus mare was named Cozy Glow, despite being seen as a sweet, helpful pony, this mare had been hiding her true power-hungry colours from every pony the entire time, wanting to be popular so she could get everything she wanted. She was also aware that Sandbar was popular in their hometown as well, for being friendly and kind. Not wanting him to be a competitor against her, she figured that getting together as official family with him would do the trick...

"Hello, Sandbar!" Cozy Glow greeted, approaching him from her hiding place.

"Bonjour, Cozy." Sandbar greeted back.

"So Sandbar, all alone at home again after your dad's gone?" Cozy Glow asked, circling around the young stallion.

"Actually, I'm usually at home alone doing the chores while my father's away at work..." Sandbar began.

"Oh, Sandbar. You know that stallions should not house-sit, they should be doing the best work of all time!" Cozy Glow claimed.

"But...some pony has got to watch the house and do the chores to keep it ship-shape!" Sandbar pointed out.

"You can always get some pony else to do it for you!" Cozy Glow insisted.

"But that will mean that I have to pay them! And you know that my father and I are not rich enough to afford that!" Sandbar argued.

"No worries, Sandbar." Cozy Glow approached, "Because I, Cozy Glow, am the solution to all your problems!"

"Really?!" Sandbar asked, "How?"

"Hello, I am the most popular mare in this whole town!" Cozy Glow proclaimed.

"This is a village?" Sandbar reminded.

"I helped every pony here! Tidy their things, organise their stuff! I'm the number one right-hoof mare!" Cozy Glow continued.

"But Cozy, I don't think my family here can pay you if you work as the house-sitter..." Sandbar began.

"Doesn't matter, since you are a very special stallion Sandbar, I work for you for free!" Cozy Glow declared.


The ponies nearby who overheard hat Cozy recently said were shocked and annoyed to see that Cozy Glow had only made one exception so far.

"It's not fair!" an earth pony mare shouted.

"I had to pay her one or two bits every time she house-sits for me!" another stallion called out loud.

"Why does Sandbar gets it for free?!" another pony asked in an angry tone.

"Because he is the special stallion here!" Cozy Glow announced to the crowd, defending her decision, "He is the most extraordinary pony here, pure of heart! He deserves the best doesn't he?"

"But Cozy, I don't want to be special in a way like this, even if I earned it!" Sandbar tried to reason with her.

Unfortunately for him, Cozy Glow obviously did not take in any of his words, as she continued, "And by the way, to prove that this isn't favouritism, Sandbar and I will becoming part of the same family!"

The crowd gasped to hear it, including Sandbar.

"You don't say..." Sandbar began, only to be cut off by Cozy.

"There will be a wedding soon! And when it happens, I will move in with Sandbar to live with him as family by marriage, thus making it a right for him to have no need to pay him as I house-sit for him!"

That was all Sandbar could take! Despite being unhappy with Cozy Glow's most recent actions, Sandbar still calmly and respectfully stepped forward and asked the crowd, "Can you all please excuse us for a minute?"

Cozy Glow then followed Sandbar to the front door of his house.

"Cozy, have you lost your mind?! We never dated, never proposed, never agreed on this!" Sandbar asked, controlling his anger as he kept his temper at a low level despite how angry he was.

"Oh come on Sandbar! There's always a first time for everything!" Cozy Glow assured.

"Yeah but, marriages require both ponies to love each other and free!" Sandbar explained.

"I already know that you will agree," Cozy Glow approached, "Because all the stallions here would."

"Actually, not all of them. Because I'm not like them!" Sandbar pointed out.

"What are you talking about? You are a stallion!" Cozy Glow pointed out.

"What I meant was I am not like the other stallions, because of my personality." Sandbar clarified, "I may be kind and friendly, but there's no way I will easily want to marry a pony like you, Cozy!"

With that, Sandbar galloped away from his house and the village, in the same direction his father went.

"Where is he going?" one of the ponies asked.

"Don't need to worry every pony, once he comes back. The wedding will have already started!" Cozy Glow announced.


Once he was out of the villagers' sight, Sandbar talked to himself, "I cannot believe that Cozy Glow will do this sort of thing! And how can she be the most popular mare if she will do something like this?! And say that I am like the other stallions because I am one? She really never understands me!"

Sandbar then stopped running and began walking after looking back at the direction of his village for a while.

"There is no way I'm going back without my father knowing about this first. I am going to meet up with him in the village where he's going to deliver the packages to, and hear what he has to say!"