• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 1,847 Views, 52 Comments

The Light's Chosen (Archived Version) - The Warrior Of Darkness



When Miqo'te Warrior of Light Skye Pendragon falls to Equestria, he learns that this world, is drastically different than his own. What will happen? (No knowledge of FFXIV is needed)

  • ...
3
 52
 1,847

First Night Shift, What could go wrong?

Skye was incredibly bored. He didn't expect a grand revelry but didn't think that he would be bored out of his mind. Captain Nightshade had made it painfully obvious that she didn't want him doing the pose that made him comfortable, and despite the Wyrm armor's look, he still had to keep his spear stiff straight, instead of relaxed in his grip. He had learned that the other guard he was serving tonight's shift went by the name of Nightingale, and seemed to be a soft spoken pegasus. That's what he had assumed anyway, until the pony in question snapped to attention, going rigid in the face, and dropping any emotion in his face.

To keep himself focused, Skye shifted his eyes towards the throne room, where Princess Luna actively served "Night Court" if you could call it that. Rarely had ponies shown up, and when they did, they didn't stay long. It seemed that ponies were intimidated by one of their own Princesses. It probably didn't help that one of the first guards they saw was a tailed being wearing armor that could definitely cut you into pieces, disregarding the fact that the polearm he held had a sickly red glow to it.

"Gaurdspony Nightingale and Guardsman Pendragon." Both Skye and the other turned towards the sound of the voice, it coming from Princess Luna. They both made it look like they were looking at her, Skye tilting his head to her level, as she wouldn't be able to see his face underneath the curved visor of his armor, with the exception of his mouth.

"You are relieved of your duties for tonight, it would seem that nopony else will be showing up tonight." While it seemed that Nightingale physically relaxed a bit, Skye held unwavering, instead to answer back.

"My duty is to protect you your highness, I cannot leave until said duty is done." Skye said that for a particular reason, he would never leave someone to be alone by themselves, especially royalty. Skye was glad to see that Nightingale stood firmly as well, him in silent agreement with the Miqo'te. Skye was glad that he was, last time he had been left in a room alone with royalty, the Scions of the Seventh Dawn had damn near been scattered to the seven hells. He would not let it happen here, so long as he could still move.

Luna huffed in annoyance at both of the guards' unwillingness to leave, so instead she though it could be a good thing for them to relax, so she decided to play a little game with the two of them.

"Since you show unwillingness in the decision of your Princess, you two will play a little game with me. Both guards shot a look at each other before facing her, seemingly ready to hear her out.

"I will ask a question to each of you, and you can choose to answer or not. If you do not answer, you must tell us something about yourself or about your family. If you do answer, you may ask me a question, but only one of you." Luna stated, looking between the two as they took the time to register her words.

"If you are in agreement, let us begin. Nightingale, what is your favorite color?" The guard in question answering with the color lilac, much similar to part of his own mane. Luna then turned to Skye, and asked him the same question, him saying "midnight blue". Not only did the answer surprise her, but it caused her to blush, the action going unnoticed by either of the guards because of the distance of her from them. Next, they asked her what she considered her favorite food, she answered with the simple statement of the term "moonpies" which made Nightingale chuckle while Skye cocked his head to the side, unfamiliar with the term. Luna watched on as Nightingale turned quickly to him, Skye seemed to get it after the explanation.

[Hour Later]

They had asked a number of questions back and forth, with Luna being entertained and the guards being kept awake. She had learned a numerous amount of things about Skye, such as an order from his world known as 'The Scions Of The Seventh Dawn' which had helped prevent multiple catastrophes. It looked like all was going well, until it didn't.

Skye frowned, his mouth being the only thing visible as he replayed the memory back in his head of the question asked just before his swift departure from the throne room.

Princess Luna laughed at the nutty answer of him using his abilities to cook food once, he had said that he used Dragonfire Dive to cook a piece of steak, only for it to become charred. He had done it out of spite, considering one of the chefs said using abilities on food would be preposterous. She had then asked a question that Skye would've considered normal, if it did not bring up so many bad memories. She had asked him "What do you think is one the worst moments of your life?". Obviously she meant most embarrassing, but it was like Skye's mind had suddenly warped, it bringing flashbacks as he watched the dungeon group be... The memory brought him to his knees, the man wrapping his hand around his head, it seemed like he had never left that place, where he had slaughtered the enemy ruthless, a giant jagged blade in his hands as he had... As quick as the memory came, it faded. When he looked up, Princess Luna was right in front of him with Nightingale at his side, both mystified by the sudden change in his personality.

Luna wanted to say something to Skye before he left, but she found it hard to say anything. He had ran out of the throne room, leaving Nightingale and her to ponder where the conversation had taken a turn from a silly little game, to a high tension air. She did not think as she dismissed the other guard, Nightingale not saying anything as he left the room. It was apparent that he did not see it, but there were slight waves of red and black coming off of Skye, and she could see the formation of what looked to be a element of harmony. It was dark red in color, nearly seemed gray, but at it's center was a shimmering mass of yellow. Luna sighed, knowing that she could not withhold this piece of information from her sister, and would need to tell her about it. She pondered for a moment, letting it reflect on her, an unanswered voice in the night, as she asked the sky.

"What happened to him for him to react like that?"

Author's Note:

Dual day upload! How bout that? Any guesses to what Luna may have seen? No? No takers? Ah, you! You in the back! What's that? You think that's a bunch of baloney? Whatever.

As always, if you liked it, drop a like, or not. Doesn't matter much to me. I'd also like to thank the new people who Favorited or followed me, I don't do much but when I do, I think about it. We're getting closer and closer to when other displaced could show up in the story, and also to when the plot finally starts moving. See you all later, and I hope your ready for what I got cooked up!