• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 1,843 Views, 52 Comments

The Light's Chosen (Archived Version) - The Warrior Of Darkness



When Miqo'te Warrior of Light Skye Pendragon falls to Equestria, he learns that this world, is drastically different than his own. What will happen? (No knowledge of FFXIV is needed)

  • ...
3
 52
 1,843

A Royal Canterlot Wedding Part II

Princess Luna arched on as she used her magical attacks to thin the giant black wave of changelings as she along with Skye and some other guards, approached the throne doors to the heart of the invasion. She briefly flicked her eyes to a large sparkle of light to see that Skye no longer was in possession of the spear he was using, and instead was dressed in robes blacker than the night, holding a staff.

Skye had decided on this time, it might be overall beneficial for him to become a Black Mage, and create a path for them to move forward in the castle. The changelings weren't backing down, so why should he either? While using Black Mage in this situation might be risky, he was only using it to draw on the well of power he had been storing since the fights broke out. He shifted the energy, focusing it into an area attack, making sure for it not to touch in allies.

Skye could feel the energy focus, coursing throughout him as his limits broke, and it pooled out into a concentrated shard. The changelings tried to flee. They couldn't, as everything in the shard's path became paste or body parts on the wall. He turned to Princess Luna, only to fall to one knee, her surprise at the attack quickly being replaced with concern for his well being.

"Skye, are you all right? What was that you did there? It was... devastating." She asked as he started to rise from the fall. His energy must be lower than he thought, and using a Limit Break didn't help the situation. He motioned on to everyone as he began to explain.

"What I used is called a Limit Break, it allows me to focus stored energy into a devastating attack that deals a lot of damage, and for anything that can't take it, they become the red in the crystal's path."

Princess Luna looked horrified slightly. Skye surmised that she hadn't ever seen such destruction in such a short amount of time before. He wanted to make the intention of that attack known:

"Just so you know, I won't be able to use that attack for a bit now. It pulled from my own energy to do it, it seems I had a lower amount of energy than I thought. That attack can only be used either once a sufficient source of energy is found for it, or it draws from the users own mana."


Princess Luna looked slightly better now that she knew that it was a attack used only in accordance to energy, and couldn't be used based off the user's ability. 'If Skye were ever to turn evil, surely that would kill many ponies.' she thought on as they rounded another hall, coming face to face with more changelings, this was going to be a long day.


Queen Chrysalis looked on, as she watched from her drones' eyes with keen interest, at the being that had just wiped a hallway clean of her brood. They were interesting, disappearing with flashes of light before using a completely different combat style. At one point they used a glowing spear, at another fists that seemed to have the force of the earth behind them, and then the most recent attack, which was a giant crystal firing down the hallway. She wanted to get her hands on him, no she needed to get her hands on him. He would be a most devastating weapon, and she would help him raise a thousand warriors like him.

Her face quickly turned to the captives, most knowingly, the alabaster alicorn hanging from the ceiling. She chuckled as she looked up at her, taking flight so that she was eye level with her captive.

"What an interesting 'guard' you have there princess she said while mocking the title of the foreign pony. "He will make a great addition to my brood, I'll even make sure that you have the honor of dying by his hands. " Celestia's eyes widened in fear and realization. They had known about Skye even before the attack, and were only now making it known. They weren't here just for Canterlot and the love of all it's ponies, they were here for him. She started struggling against her prison, to no avail.

If they had already known that he was here, that likely meant he had already been touched with mind control. The only reason they hadn't taken him over, they wanted the strength and will to fight to leave him. Chrysalis watched onward, taken aback by how quickly they had managed to progress to the throne room, they were outside it's doors. She subconsciously motioned the elite guards along with her to prepare for a battle. The jade armor clad changelings moved from the sides, drawing their weapons in preparation to battle. Hopefully the door would pose an issue, they had made sure to bolt it down when they captured the room.

*THUNK* THUNK* *BOOM*

The doors came crashing down, as a black spear flew inside along with it's owner.


Skye kept throwing himself against the door, preparing to use dragonfire dive on the door, to force it open, it would be loud.

*THUNK* THUNK* *BOOM*

Skye flew past the broken doors, zipping inside past the dust, his spear being caught in the throat by a changeling dressed in jade armor. The other armor-clad beings had soon attacked him, getting over the surprise. They were here for him, the normal changelings were for the others. Skye dodged into the sweeping attack caused by the changeling on his right, performing a disembowel, with his spear, the initial parts of the attacks ripping through the armor before hitting their stomach region. Before he could do anymore damage, he was bopped in the side by a hammer, and he turned his attention to them, only to be hit again by another changeling on the right. These warriors were made to fight him, he was going to lose if he wasn't careful.

Skye took evasive maneuvers, jumping back to access the situation. The guards and Princess Luna were fine, they seemed to have an upper hand on the changelings. He had five of these 'elites' to deal with, it was then that he heard a raspy feminine voice talk.

"You look outmatched, poor thing." Skye looked to the voice, his eyes landing upon a abnormally large changeling. 'She must be the leader'. Skye in that instance changed targets, instead focusing on bringing the head of the beast down, he jumped towards her, immediately getting locked by an unseen force, it curling around his body, and his mind. He struggled uselessly against the force, hoping to get out of it, only for the being to watch him struggle as she made her way to him, coming eye level with him.

Skye became unfocused, his vision blurry, his spear clattering to the ground before disappearing, he soon fell to the unknown force.


Princess Luna watched on with horror as she saw Skye be grabbed by the Queen's magic, she began to try and push her way through, only to notice that the changelings had begun to just push her. One look told her that the rest of the guard were down, and that one was being taken to be controlled. She couldn't reach him, and once that spell was finished, they would have a extremely powerful warrior capable of razing Canterlot to the ground.

She stared on, as Skye fell from the changelings magical grip, it letting his body fall to the ground, before the queen spoke.

"Rise in servitude of the Queen, my champion!" She screeched out, before the fallen warrior rose up, his eyes glowing a nasty green. They had managed to capture Canterlot, along with not only the princesses, but the elements of harmony, and a warrior of great power, they had won. If only it had stayed perfect for them.

Luna watched on in surprise as Skye grabbed his head with both of his hands, crying out in agony. He was fighting back! Trying to retake his mind from the queen's grasp. She wanted to help him, but she was stuck behind a tide of enemies. The other changelings looked on with confused expressions dotting their eyes. Skye shouted once more, before the area was engulfed in a black darkness. Luna's hope turned to fear, she knew what that was. She saw a crystal briefly appear, before dark armor overtook Skye's body, replacing the armor she knew he loved to wear with a twisted amalgamation of a knight's armor. She could feel the darkness radiating off it, and then her fear turned to dread when she saw the transformation's weapon. A giant greatsword, that twisted in curves before forming the blade. Her dread was justified, her fear natural. She saw as the armor completed it's manifestation white curves of an unknown metal formed on parts of it, it curving into a white crescent.

That was no longer Skye. It was a nightmare from her dreams turned real, it was the black knight she saw in her realm of midnight. The being screamed out, it's roar silencing everyone in the room, and as the elite changeling guards began to challenge it, it took a swipe of it's sword in a downward motion, and cut one of them in half.

Author's Note:

Here's Part II of the Royal Wedding! Twists and turns down every corner, I wonder what will happen next?