• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 1,843 Views, 52 Comments

The Light's Chosen (Archived Version) - The Warrior Of Darkness



When Miqo'te Warrior of Light Skye Pendragon falls to Equestria, he learns that this world, is drastically different than his own. What will happen? (No knowledge of FFXIV is needed)

  • ...
3
 52
 1,843

It's Just A Conversation, What Could Go Wrong?

It's Just A Conversation, What Could Go Wrong?

"So.. You're from a world called Eorzea, where conflict is always happening, and when it's at it's worse, these beast tribes summon primals... these primals or at least one in particular is the reason why you got came here?" Twilight asked, writing down the information while committing it to memory.

"Well, yeah. I saw that Bahamut was charging an attack that I had never seen before, so I decided to keep my tank alive by taking the attack instead, and you can see how that worked out." Skye said, growing tired evermore slightly. This conversation between them all had been going for two hours straight. Twilight began to say something else before she was cut off by Princess Luna, Skye perked up at that, having heard her say rarely anything since he came into the dining hall.

"How do we know these claims are true? You say you were hit here, and I see you bear a scar, but from all we know it is a ruse." Princess Luna said before getting scolded by her older sister. Celestia turned toward him and began to apologize profusely.

"I'm sorry about Luna she's just been stressed out-" Skye interrupted her by speaking out right, making her pause.

"It's quite all right Princess, I understand that you have to have you're people's safety in mind rather than a random person who showed up in your land unconscious. Princess Luna." Skye said, shifting his eyes towards the dark alicorn, as he had come to know the beings that posed both horn and wings.

"You ask for proof yet, you bear one of the biggest pieces of proof right beside you. I spotted my spear immediately when I came in. Gae Bolg, broken in two. While not the original, I had it made so that it could pass as a original, and it's much more efficient than my other dragoon weapons." Skye finished.

"Others? You have more than just one?" Luna said, growing cautious of the Miqo'te at the table. Skye looked at her before speaking:

"I do, I can show you it if you'd like. While most adventurers are subject to only one weapon a class, Warriors of Light are able to "store" weapons that they use. I can't explain it correctly, the one who explained it to me was Shiro." Skye's eyes fell as he confronted that statement. He knew that the others from his world were either grieving or damning Bahamut to eternal pain, and had he not took the blow, Shiro might be in the same boat, while he was still there, wondering where he went. Obviously, Skye would figure out a way to contact him, from what everyone had told him Equestria was unique in the fact that it was filled with magic.

Not like how Eorzea was, with it's random bouts of elemental magic, but just pure ambient magic that was everywhere, Celestia said that all creatures have ambient magic, he somehow doubted that he himself had any without doing a job class to switch to either Black Mage or Summoner. He decided to only limit himself to those two for magic damage, and so that put him at odds versus the ones Shiro had. Shiro had learned techniques of all available ones, where as he had learned all of the melee classes available, only two of the magic based damage ones, one of the ranged ones along with one for healing... no two he forgot that summoner shared a line with scholar; and all of the tanking jobs, which were Warrior, Paladin, and.. that accursed class. Overall, he was a weaker Warrior of Light than Shiro would have been. 'Thank the twelve that it was me that came here, Shiro would've given them a nightmare with the Dark Knight look'.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he looked up and noted that everyone's eyes were on him, not one to be kept in the dark he asked:

"Why are you all staring at me? What, is my ears on fire or something?" He asked while starting to search himself, only to stop in defeat and look back for an explanation. Applejack, who was the closest beside him spoke:

"You started t' glow like ya were usin' magic. Like how Twilight's horn glows when she uses it." she finished off. Skye looked confused for a second, then realized it was probably the Job stones.

"Oh, It's probably my job stones, they radiate light more often because of my unique occupation." Skye said, getting even more confusing looks than before, so he summoned the Dragoon's one to show what he meant. when he looked down at his hand that held it, he was surprised to see that it was no longer a stone, but a gem that had taken a crystalline look, with the stone no longer being just a normal rough cut, but instead looked like a trident, with the symbol of the Dragoon on the inside.

He decided to hold in his initial surprise, and raised it up so the rest could see them, the reactions of them were varied, while Applejack had not had near as much surprise, and the others having various degrees of it, the three at the end had surprise written all over their face. Princess Luna and Celestia quickly got over their surprise, falling into a mask common for royalty, while Twilight's stayed the same as she began to speak, obviously excited.

"I can feel so much magic from it only from here! It looks like one of the Elements of Harmony! Can I see it?" She said while zipping over towards him at a speed that surprised him, causing muscle memory to activate. Skye jumped backwards, away from the table and the speeding purple pony, performing the backflip that the evasive jump was know for, before landing at least 4 feet from the guards. Skye quickly pulling another spear from his inventory Longinus Zeta. The surprise of the other spear appearing in his arms caused the guards to draw their weapons, and Princess Luna to become defensive, her horn glowing as magic came to it's front.

Skye needed to diffuse this quickly, so he grabbed Longinus, and put it on his back, it attaching itself to his armor. He raised his hands in a non-aggressive manner, calmly speaking his next words.

"I didn't mean to react like that, I just have issues with people running up in such an aggressive manner, I didn't mean to pull Longinus out on you all. We can all just calm down, and put away our weapons". Skye yelled out in a firm manner, hoping that they'd take the opportunity. Rainbow Dash and Princess Luna looked like they wanted to attempt ripping him apart, they were hesitant, with Rainbow starting to sit down and Luna dispelling the energy in her horn. Unfortunately, luck decided to strike and the four guards placed in the room made up their minds, and attacked.

Skye didn't want to hurt them with Longinus, and doing another jump was out of the question, so he decided to Job change in front of everybody, feeling his armor change, being replaced by firm cloth, and the spear disappearing in exchange for heavy gauntlets that built up on his hands and arms. He had switched to Monk, hoping that it looked non threatening and hoping that he could hold his strength back, to keep from actually hurting the guards.

They seemed stunned for a moment at the sudden change of clothing and weapons, but immediately began to commence attacking once again.

Author's Note:

Terms That I may not have placed:
Job Stones: Usually used for the "next step" of a class. Such as a Lancer becoming a Dragoon. Warriors of Light are capable of possessing more than one of these, and traditionally have more power than an average adventurer.
Miqo'te: A humanoid feline race. They possess catlike traits such as Cat ears, and tails, and their eyes tend to be more like a cat's than human ones.
Monk: Alternate damage melee. They favor fists and using different forms. Some are non-lethal.
Longinus Zeta: Full factor form of an upgraded Gae Bolg. Skye's true Gae.

That'll do it for chapter 3. If you're feeling lucky, try figuring out which classes Skye is able to use, and which ones he can't. I'd love to see what people think, and to those that are guessing something about the Job stones, that shows up later but that's all I'll say for now.

Let me know if there are any grammar or spelling issues.