• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 1,843 Views, 52 Comments

The Light's Chosen (Archived Version) - The Warrior Of Darkness



When Miqo'te Warrior of Light Skye Pendragon falls to Equestria, he learns that this world, is drastically different than his own. What will happen? (No knowledge of FFXIV is needed)

  • ...
3
 52
 1,843

Tanking Is A Nightmare, Trust Me.

Tanking Is A Nightmare, Trust Me

Hear, Feel, Think. The voice said, It sounded so far away.

Hear, Feel, Think. It repeated, it was getting, farther. Wait, what?

Hear, Feel, Think! It yelled.

Skye woke up in the bed, drenched in sweat. His mind overloaded with thoughts, actions, and pain. He couldn't see properly, he couldn't hear properly, and he sure as hell couldn't think. His mind was actively trying to calm him down, but his body wouldn't let him. He had taken a blow from Bahamut, he should be floating with Hydaelyn now. He was sure when he blocked the attack, getting in front of Shiro that his physical being had been shred away. His body and mind echoed one question: How was he alive?

Apparently the perks of getting to meet the floor made itself very known to himself as he felt pain along his body. 'Great, now my body decides to listen' Skye thought while trying to move himself, only to be gently, but firmly pushed down. He looked towards the entity who had pushed him down, only to question his sanity, he definitely wasn't feeling and thinking right. His vision looked as if someone had blocked them, his senses of color anyway. Instead of the usual rustic colors he was used to the world around him looked.... undetailed? He couldn't explain it. He also couldn't explain the white colored Hyur in front of him. It looked like a hyur but clearly, if the fuzziness of it's hand and the horn? it had were anything to go on.

Skye cursed to himself as he tried focusing on the odd hyur, finding that his senses were slowly turning on, and he could hear it, but only just.

"You took a very bad hit when you fell, you must stay still" Skye heard. skewering his head to the side, straining to hear him? He had assumed it was a him, judging from what he could hear from their voice. He watched on, trying to let his senses sharpen up a bit, as he did he looked at his surroundings, noting the cleanliness of it. Perhaps he had survived and the team had managed to drag him back to Ul'Dah or some place similiar. Skye closed his eyes, to settle his thoughts, recalling the events that got him in this predicament:

Skye made his move, jumping in front of Shiro, holding out Gae Bolg diagonally, so that maybe the hit would be shared between him and the spear.

Skye snapped out of the memory, opening his eyes to find a pair of vivid blues staring back at him. He jumped back in panic, seeming to get the hyur's focus on not only his eyes.

"Stop jumping around or we'll never be able to get that cut sealed". The figure said. Skye found himself listening to the voice, unsure of what he meant by a cut, until he looked down at his chest. Somehow, this hyur in front of him had managed to get his wyrm armor off, but sitting smack in the middle of his chest, was a gash that extended from the lower left of his chest, to the upper right of it. It was discolored, but matched his skin tone close enough, looking up he decided to ask the unfamiliar being some questions.

"Where am I? Who are you? Where's Shiro, Shirogane Takashi Solaris?" Skye said making use of his friend's full name, looking around expecting to see the dark knight somewhere around, ready to reprimand him of his action. Instead the oddly white hyur handed him some water, and then spoke:

"You're in Canterlot Castle's infirmary, and I'm Arctic Scalpel. As to this 'Shirogane Takashi Solaris' you asked for, there is no one here by that name. Skye felt the need to get up, and as he started he noticed Arctic Scalpel's glare. He decided against moving, so instead, brought up more questions.

"You said I'm in a Canterlot Castle, where in Eorzea am I? and what kind of hyur are you? You're very different than the ones I know." Skye finished, looking up at the doctor who in turn looked at him with a curious look before speaking:

"Canterlot Castle is located in Canterlot, home of the royal sisters of Equestria, I don't know what an 'Eorzea' is. I'm a unicorn, so I don't know what a hyur is, I'm a type of pony here." Arctic Scalpel said, turning to walk away before continuing:

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have requested that when you awake you be brought to them, now because of you're unique physiology it took a bit longer than expected. Especially since you were wearing all of that weirdly shaped armor when they brought you in. I'm ready to clear you, and the guards will take you to the dining hall of the castle." Arctic finished.

Skye brought in all the words he had been given. 'Who are these Princesses? Where is Equestria? What did he mean by he's a unicorn? I've seen unicorns... they don't look like that. Did I somehow get thrown into a continent that isn't recognized by Eorzea? He sat on these thoughts as he recognized what were guards come into the room, assuming they were for him, he began to get up only for Arctic to start talking again.

"I don't suppose you want to get up naked right? I had the clothing you were wearing cleaned, unfortunately they couldn't repair that spear you had as it seems like it was given to the princesses. We will leave you to getting dressed" Arctic said, as he and the guards left the room.

Skye searched the room, spotting the Wyrm armor sitting at the edge of the bed, with a slight look towards the door, he got up and started to put the armor back on.

Elsewhere in Canterlot Castle

Both Princesses and the elements sat around the table, waiting for breakfast to be served. While they waited, they began talking, with Princess Celestia starting the conversation that obviously needed to be started.

"I have made arrangements for the creature that crashed to be put in the infirmary, while it seems that the armor he was wearing took the brunt of most of the damage, it's safe to say whatever caused him to have that much speed was what broke this" She said, finishing as she levitated something wrapped in cloth to the table before Pinkie Pie spoke up:

"Oh, Oh, A guessing game, is it the spear that the guy fell with, broken in two because of some fight with a dragon?" She said, bouncing in her chair. If she only knew how spot on that was. Celestia looked at her with an accusatory look before looking to Twilight for an answer. She simply shrugged, not willing to put up with antics of the pink all seeing pony known as the Element of Laughter.

Celestia was about to continue on, until the doors opened up with guards heading inside, before the creature they had dug out of the crater walked in, well limped in. The helmet it wore, off tucked beneath it's arm. No words were exchanged as the guards took positions at the doors, and as the creature moved forward. Celestia looked towards him, noticing that his white, cat-like eyes were focused on her as well, and after an eerie moment of silence she spoke.

"I see you have awakened. Please, join us. We were just about to have breakfast." She said, the armored being taking a look around the room, it's ears fluttering nervously as it decided whether or not to take a seat, until it spotted the broken remains of the weapon on the table. It shuffled forward, taking the seat at the end of the table, after it did it looked back towards her, likely waiting for her to speak. She found the gaze to be curious, but it also seemed to bore right through to her soul; at the moment she continued on speaking.

"I'm glad to see you are moving about normally, you had quite a nasty fall. Please tell us, what is your name." She said, as all eyes fell on the unnamed being.


Skye hated that all eyes were on him. He could even feel the guards eyes on him, seemed like everyone wanted to know what the dragon that slapped him dragged in. Guess he should start talking, rather than have to go back to being in a bed with that Arctic pony breathing down his back.

"My name is T'suhar Pendragon you may call me Skye if it helps." He said. His eyes going across the other people in the room, taking note of each one of them. First, there was the dark blue unicorn next to who he assumed was Princess Celestia, the whole white look gave it away. 'That must be the other princess, Luna I think it was.

Next, he moved to the left of Celestia, a small purple unicorn staring at him with what looked to be, curiosity? He would be wary of that, curiosity always got adventurers killed. His eyes moved forward to a white unicorn with blue hair, who looked at him with curiosity as well, but he recognized that it was more on his choice of clothing than him. He continued onward, his eyes falling upon a blue colored being with prismatic hair, each the color that he'd expect from a rainbow, or a very dedicated red mage. She was giving him a look of suspicion, he recognized her look. He got it all the time, as some citizens from Ul'dah still hadn't trusted him since the event that led to all the scions dispersing.

He brushed past it to see another being like the prismatic haired one, only she was yellow with pink hair. Her eyes seemed to be unfocused, not wanting to look directly at him, he recognized the feeling shyness. Lastly, he came upon two at the end, which had neither horns nor wings that he noticed from the previous two, one was two tones of pink, and looked like she wanted to take off like a rouge spell, the other was a orange and blonde haired being that gave him the same look as the rainbow haired one, only hers was less suspicious, and screamed 'One wrong move and I punch you into an Aetheryte. He would need to be wary of that one too.

He finished analyzing them to see that the white colored one was still looking at him, it had only taken him a second to analyze them, she had noticed. She gave no hint that she noticed, Instead she opened her mouth to speak again:

"So Skye was it? I am Princess Celestia, this is my sister Princess Luna" she started, gesturing towards the dark blue unicorn, who dipped her head, her eyes not leaving his. Celestia continued:

"These are the Elements of Harmony" Her left hand sweeping the beings on her left. When she finished that the first on the left began, the purple unicorn.

"Hi, I'm Twilight Sparkle, Celestia's student and the Element of Magic" Twilight said, sitting down so the train could continue.

"Hello, I am Rarity, the Element of Generosity, and I must say, you're attire is simply outstanding for not being Equestrian! Rarity finished, quickly getting looks thrown her way from the others. Skye simply shook the compliment off, continuing with the train. The one that came next he knew was competitive, if her look was anything to go by.

"I'm Rainbow Dash! Fastest Pegasus in all of Equestria and I'm the Element of Loyalty. Skye paused for a second staring at the blue being, 'Pegasus? What the-' His train of thought was interrupted as she continued on:

"You better watch yourself, I've got my eye on you!" She said, issuing a gasp from Twilight. Skye looked back and forth from the two, obviously not fazed by the comment, before dipping his head in recognition. Rainbow looked at him for a moment before sitting down, obviously deciding on whether or not to comment on something else. The timid yellow Pegasus beside her began speaking, but she spoke low enough for him to barely hear.

"I-I'm Fluttershy, Element of Kindness...." she said, as her voice trailed off at the end. Skye simply dipped his head, not wanting to frighten the pony with his gaze. He turned his head, going down the list, to the pink colored pony.

"I'm Pinkie Pie, Element of Laughter, Nice to meet you!" She said, springing up and down, how she did that, he had no idea. She sat back down but still kept springing, he would avoid her at all costs, if she could spring in a chair he didn't want to find out what she did normally.

"Ah'm Applejack, Nice ta meet ya!" The orange and blonde haired girl that sat closest to him said. She spoke with a southern drawl, something that farther out parts of Thanalan were known for.

After the explanations of each pony finished up he focused his attention on the smell of food, recognizing chiefs as they came from what he assumed were the kitchens. The food looked delicious, and he was surprised to see one sit a plate in front of him and so his gaze returned to Celestia for questioning. She saw his gaze and soon began to speak.

"We looked at you when you were asleep, and saw that you're teeth made you seem like a carnivore, so we had the chiefs prepare something for you, I hope you don't mind." She said, starting on her own meal. Skye opened his up, to see that it largely looked meat based, and he hadn't eaten at all, even before he took Bahamut's floor check, so seeing it he began eating, knowing full well that he would get lots of questions after. Especially from Twilight if his assessment was correct.

Author's Note:

Terms for non-Final Fantasy readers:
Hyur: The equivalent of a human in final fantasy.
Gae Bolg: Relic weapon of the Dragoons. (Didn't put it in last chapter. thought I should)
Warrior of Light: Hero capable of great achievements. They usually are able to use multiple classes and are adventurers with abilities capable of bringing a world from darkness. Also known as Hydaelyn's Champions.
Dragoon: Dragon slayers, extremely efficient with spears and are capable of using "Dives" granted by dragon blood.
Hydaelyn: The MotherCrystal, creator of the Warriors of Light.
Ul'dah: One of the Grand Cities, home to the company The Immortal Flames.
Eorzea: The World that Skye comes from.

No One Expects Another Chapter the day of posting! JK. But seriously, I decided to get this out being that I have all the free-time in the world right now because of the state of the US. Let me know if there is anything misspelled by highlighting the offending paragraph. Thank you to those who threw this story on their bookshelves quickly and I would appreciate it if you all would comment and or like it. Onward, to Chapter 3: It's Just A Conversation, What Could Go Wrong?

Also, to those who get the reference of Shiro's name props to you!