• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 1,842 Views, 52 Comments

The Light's Chosen (Archived Version) - The Warrior Of Darkness



When Miqo'te Warrior of Light Skye Pendragon falls to Equestria, he learns that this world, is drastically different than his own. What will happen? (No knowledge of FFXIV is needed)

  • ...
3
 52
 1,842

So Much For A Good Day!

So Much For A Good Day!

Luna looked on in surprise, watching the royal guards attack Skye, but her mind was elsewhere as she recalled the event that happened moments ago, as she saw Skye be bathed in light, and emerge sporting different equipment than what he was wearing a moment ago. 'What is he actually?' She thought, staring onward as he swiftly ducked in between all of the guards' weapons, springing out behind them, keeping a light spring in his step.

While Skye loved the adrenaline that came with Monk, he hated that he was using one of his combat classes so quickly, watching the guards' every move. If he had more time to explain, he might not have gotten in conflict, but it was too late for mights and maybes, right now was focus. Skye focused on, keeping his stance un-attuned so he could focus on keeping his strength down, weaving around the sword of one of the guards, he put his arm behind the pony, using his elbow to knock him back behind them, and shifting his focus to the other three, he instead decided that ending the fight quickly might be the key.

Banking on that decision, Skye decided to feint a punch to the second guard near him, and when the guard tried to put his arms up to act as a shield, Skye grabbed the pony by the waist, and threw him behind, along with the other guard that had yet to get up. Turning his focus to the third guard, he stepped swiftly forward, using true strike on the third, the guard crumbling towards his stomach from the blow, finally he shifted his focus to the last guard, who seemed to be a unicorn. 'Out of all four, only one is a capable of using magic? He thought, as he rushed him, getting close enough to use a leg sweep, using the side of his right gauntlet to hit him in the side, taking down the final guard before he had even a chance to use his magic.

Needless to say, Celestia was surprised by how quickly and efficiently Skye had dealt with the guards, and as the fighting stopped they witnessed Skye become a beacon of light again, before seeing him wrapped in white clothing, and holding what looked to be a staff. Before she had time to react and justifiably attack, he turned away from them and towards the guards he had beat, and began to cast a spell on them, when he finished, a faint green glow could be seen from the end of the staff as it poured into the four guards.

Skye finished healing the guards that had unfortunately decided to attack him, declaring that they would be fine, with maybe the knowledge that they had been beaten by one man, he decided to cast Medica on himself, surmising that it would heal anything that Arctic Scalpel had been unable to do. As the spell finished doing it's work, he turned on his right foot back towards the table that held the group of eight. Skye analyzed all of their reactions, most of them stood their with shock evident on them, He guessed usually, one man bands don't take down four people within such a short time of each other. Seeing that none of them had gotten over their current condition, he took it upon himself to speak first, before a decision was made that could put him in a worse place, such as in a dungeon... and not the monster kind.

"Um, I just wanted to say, I didn't want to fight them, they started it. I went easy on them and healed them after... please don't attack me again." Skye finished, as they wordlessly shifted their eyes his way. He noticed that they were staring at the still raised staff in his hand, and took it upon himself to switch again, becoming a blight of light once again, he switched to a Discipline of the land: Botanist. Princess Luna was the first to break from her stupor.

"How did you do that? We watched as you shifted not only once, not only twice, but three times, taking on a different aspect each time." She said clearly, suspicion quite clear in her tone. Skye thought for a moment, deciding to rather tell the truth than lie.

"It's one of my innate abilities as a Warrior of Light. I can switch to any Discipline that I know within moments of each other. When you saw me first, I was a Dragoon, then I became a Monk, as evident by the gauntlets, I switched to White Mage so I could heal any damage I did to them, finally I switched to a non-offensive class, Botanist." Skye finished, keeping his eyes level with Princess Luna. As she processed the information Celestia spoke up, seemingly upset by the events.

"You did not tell us that you could do these things" She said evenly. Skye turned towards her speaking without thinking. If he were a smarter man, he might not have worded it like he did.

"You didn't ask, now-" Skye turned to Twilight, who was still up on the side of the chair where he had been. "You shouldn't have approached me so quickly, if you hadn't I might not have reacted like I did. I'm naturally trained to initiate or dodge what looks like attacks. Sorry if I scared you." He finished, eyeing the yellow pegasus especially, hoping that what he did hadn't gave her a heart attack. He rested easy once he saw her behind Rainbow, peering out over her friend's shoulder. He shifted his eyes back to Princess Celestia, her fiery gaze still on him as she spoke.

"While I did not ask, you should be compelled to give statements that declare abilities such as that. I would command that you hand that spear you had over, immediately." She said, fire in her eyes that could probably give even Ifrit a run for his money. Skye let annoyance seep into his words as he rebutted:

"I'm not giving you my spear. It's mine and mine alone, and while I could have given you a heads-up about my abilities it is my sole privacy to do it, regardless of whether or not I'm in your debt or not. Longinus is the last of it's kind, and while I'm sure that it would put trust in between us, no one is allowed to wield it other than me, and I somehow doubt that it would be treated well outside of my care." He finished, hoping that the piece of logic he had thrown out would tell her to back off. It didn't.

"It would not matter had you not drawn a spear on my ponies but here we are. Hand it over, or I will take it from you." Celestia said, anger growing evident in her tone. It's safe to say that none in the room had seen her angry like that before judging from their reactions, with Twilight's looking downright fearful. Skye let his anger explode in his next statement, already tired of the topic that was one hand.

"No, I won't hand it over or Give It To You! Longinus's maker isn't even alive anymore, and the only one who could repair it isn't even in this world from what you've told me! I'm not giving you it, nor should there be a reason you want it or need it! The only way someone would ever get their hands on my spear would be either Shiro, somehow it'd have to be Jalzahn, which is again DEAD, either that, or they'd have TO KILL ME!" Skye shouted, letting his anger seep out of his system before he continued: "And so far I see neither of those options happening. So let. It. Go." He finished as he stared towards the other end of the table, seeing that Celestia's expression had changed from anger to sadness, aimed towards him.

In fact all of their expressions had, gazing up at him as he ran through the words he said and realized that he was alone in this world, the only items he had from his world being ones that once they ran out, could not be replaced nor reforged. He dropped to his knees and curled up, knowing that he'd never see the skies of Eorzea again, or be able to just hang around with Shiro, the Au Ra teaching him what he knew. He wouldn't ever see the Scions again, wouldn't be able to visit Haurechefant's grave. Hell, he wouldn't have been able to ask out a certain white haired miqo'te now. For the second time since the incident, did he realize just how grim this event was, thrown from a world he knew into one where he had already instigated a fight. 'This is insanity' He never noticed that Fluttershy had shot out from behind Rainbow Dash, embracing him from the side or the fact that Princess Luna was to the other side of him either.

Author's Note:

From calm to fierce, the mind can hold many issues back, until the dam cracks, showing the sign that many would never see.. especially from a Warrior of Light. In my story, Longinus Zeta is one of Skye's most useful weapons, and is the last relic weapon he got before the creator of the weapon died. (I know Jalzahn isn't dead in game but for the sake of story narrative, he is dead in Skye's world. Only few know the secrets of the alchemist now.)

And to make it easier for people who don't understand, when you think about it Warriors of Light are either mentally stable to the point of obsidian, or they're putting a giant facade on, and hide behind it. Can you guess which on Skye is?

Let me know if there's any grammar or spelling error like usual. Another thing on the tone of this being a displaced, while things such as the merchant or tokens not appearing, they will show up eventually. I won't say when but when they do, I'm probably going to keep crossovers to a minimum, cause there is a story that I'm telling too. After all, it's not like Skye's predicament is isolated...:trollestia: