• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 798 Views, 3 Comments

Universe Mishap of the Magical Kind - Zeprto678



Three people from our universe is sent to Equestria. Now they must find a way back home with the help of the Mane 6.

  • ...
3
 3
 798

Chapter 3: A Discussion with the Mane 6

Chapter 3: A Discussion with the Mane 6

Rainbow Dash flew up in my face, suspicious. “Does it have anything to do with these guys?” asked Rainbow Dash. It seems she was only focusing on me when she was saying that.

“Can you please get out of my face? You’re too close,” I complained. I was feeling weirded out and uncomfortable by the close proximity.

“What are you going to do about it, huh?” she taunted. She wasn’t intending on backing down.

I felt very annoyed and felt something bubbling deep inside me that wanted to come out. No one, except Twilight, noticed that my horn was emitting purple and green-colored magic with yellow spots. I felt like showing her what’s going to happen if she didn't back down, but then, Rainbow Dash was pulled back out of my face and to the floor by Rarity’s magic. Seeing as how she was reigned in by one of her friends, I calmed myself down, letting my horn gradually return to normal.

“Rainbow Dash, stop being rude to them,” scolded Rarity. She kept the pegasus down to the floor by her tail. “I know that they seem awfully suspicious, but we should at least ask them what they want before we give them the third degree.”

Rainbow Dash only grumbled. “Fine,” Rainbow Dash said. She narrowed her eyes as she looked at us. “But I’ll be keeping an eye-” She pointed at her eyes and then at us. “-on you.”

It seemed like that statement was being directed at me a lot more than at Amber and Heartbreak. In fact, it was completely directed at me. Heartbreak and Amber didn’t seem to notice.

Twilight was curious about me being able to use magic. “Very strange. Even though he couldn’t use magic when he showed me before, he did so when Rainbow Dash was in his face. He seems to have brought it out unconsciously due to some kind of emotion,” she thought. “I’ll have to keep an eye on him and send word to Princess Celestia later.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Spike burped out some green fire and a scroll appeared out of it. Spike then caught the scroll and handed it over to Twilight, who used her magic to levitate the scroll. Twilight unfurled the scroll in her magic and read it:

“My Faithful Student,

I have received your letter. After reading everything that you wrote about those three individuals’ situation, I know that we must help them get back to their far away home in another universe. I want to meet them face-to-face so we could discuss everything. I'll be on my way shortly.

Your Teacher,

Princess Celestia” repeated Twilight.

All of Twilight’s friends were silent. Heartbreak, Amber, and I may look calm on the outside, but we were worried on the inside as Princess Celestia was on her way. What everyone didn’t know was that wasn’t the real message. It actually said:

“My Faithful Student,

After hearing what you told me about those three individuals in your letter, and what they told you, it made me quite suspicious of them. It warrants an investigation on their physical and mental states. There’s a chance that they may or may not be threats to Equestria.

If they are, we’ll have no chance but to have them imprisoned in Tartarus, but if they’re not, then they’ll be welcomed into Equestria with open hooves. I will be on my way soon. Keep them there until I arrive.

Your Teacher,

Princess Celestia”

We were distracted from our worries as Twilight started talking.“Girls, these three aren’t from our world. They’re ‘humans’ from another universe,” she informed. “Did I say that right?”

“Yeah. You did,” said Heartbreak, jealous.

Twilight nodded. She then continued where she left off. “They’re from another universe that is separate from our own. They were forced to come to Equestria through some portals that brought them here, and when they woke up, they weren’t themselves anymore,” said Twilight, sadly.

Once Twilight’s friends heard that, they felt sad for us three. Even Rainbow Dash seemed to feel bad.

“We’re the only ones that can help them get back home,” said Twilight. She had a determined look on her face.

Applejack tipped her hat down slightly. “Shucks, that’s sad. Far from home, not being able to see your friends and family,” commented Applejack, sadly. “That’s just not right.”

Fluttershy looked like she was tearing up. “You poor things,” she said. Fluttershy then flew over and hugged me. “Don’t worry, we’ll help you all get back home.”

“Uh, thanks,” I said. “Now that everyone’s been informed, how about we introduce ourselves?”

“I’ll go first. The name’s Heartbreak, but please only call me HB,” said Heartbreak.

“Hi, I’m Amber,” said Amber. She waved at them, shyly.

“Foodie Love, but call me Lemon Spark instead,” I said. Fluttershy was still hugging me. “Um, are you done yet?”

Fluttershy noticed she was still hugging him. She quickly let go and backed up. “Sorry,” said Fluttershy, blushing.

Applejack decided to start the introduction. “Howdy there, I’m Applejack. Nice to meet you,” said Applejack.

“The name’s Rainbow Dash,” said Rainbow Dash. She flew up into the air and crossed her front hooves. “The fastest, most awesomest pony in all of Equestria. I could do a Sonic Rainboom with one wing tied behind my back if you asked me to.”

I fake thought about it. “Mmm. Not right now. Maybe next time?” I asked. I was planning on asking her to do that at another time.

Rainbow Dash chuckled. “I’ll hold you to that,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Nice to meet you three. I’m Rarity, owner of Carousel Boutique,” said Rarity. “Come by sometime so I can make you some clothes if you want some.” She looked at Heartbreak. “Especially you, Heartbreak. Maybe I could do something about your hat or your looks?”

“Fet no,” replied Heartbreak. “Also, I said to call me HB, not Heartbreak.”

“Sorry about the mess up, HB,” said Rarity.“Let me know one day when you want to take my offer.” She really wanted to help Heartbreak with making some alterations to her hat and give her a makeover.

“When Tartarus freezes over,” muttered Heartbreak.

The introduction continued.

Fluttershy blushed and hid behind her mane as it was her turn to introduce herself. “H-Hi, I’m Fluttershy,” spoke Fluttershy. “If either you or your animals need any help, I’ll be the first to help you out as fast as possible i-if you want me to.” She had said all of that with a soft voice.

It was Pinkie Pie’s turn. She looked so excited and even had a big smile on her face. “You guys already know me!” shouted Pinkie Pie. “I’m Pinkie Pie, Ponyville’s #1 Party Pony. I work at Sugarcube Bakery with the Cakes, I love to make friends, and I love parties! Which reminds me, I’m going to be holding a party welcoming you three to Ponyville. I just need a location. So, where do you want me to hold it?”

I decided to make a random suggestion. “How about outside where everyone can be a part of it?” I suggested.

Pinkie Pie gasped. “That’s a great idea! A party involving ALL of Ponyville!” she exclaimed. “I can’t wait to hold it!” She then started bouncing around the library.

I smiled, but then I realized something. “Damn it. Our lives are cursed,” I groaned.

“Whatever makes you think that?” asked Rarity, concerned. “Also, watch your language. Spike’s right here with us.” She said with a scolding tone. Rarity pointed her hoof at Spike.

I had completely forgotten Spike was there. “Oh. Sorry, Spike,” I said, embarrassed.

“No problem,” replied Spike.

“But, as I was, saying, Heartbreak has a special ‘problem’, Amber is a dragon who can’t fly or breathe fire yet, and I’m an Alicorn who can’t fly or use magic right now,” I explained. “To add on to our problems, we're also stuck here with no food, money, or shelter. Completely out of luck.”

Heartbreak loudly groaned. “He’s right. We have nothing and will have to live out on the streets until we get back home,” commented Heartbreak.

“What are we going to do?” asked Amber with a somber tone. She sat down on the floor, a sad expression forming across her face.

“I don’t know,” muttered Heartbreak. She imitated Amber.

“I guess we’ll have to find a good alleyway to sleep in tonight,” I commented, looking down.

Twilight and her friends all felt bad for us. Fluttershy decided to make a suggestion. “M-maybe they could stay with us?” suggested Fluttershy. She blushed and looked away as everyone looked at her. “Um, just until they get back home I mean,but you don’t have to do it. I-It was just a suggestion,” mumbled Fluttershy.

Rarity placed a hoof on one of Fluttershy’s shoulders. “Well, I think it’s a fabulous idea, Fluttershy darling,” commented Rarity. “I wish I thought of it myself.”

Fluttershy blushed at Rarity’s compliments towards her idea.

Twilight looked at us. “The question is, who do you each want to stay with?” questioned Twilight.

Heartbreak glanced at Amber, then at me. “You two don’t mind if I choose first?” asked Heartbreak. She was willing to go next if either one or both of us wanted to go before her.

I shrugged. “Go ahead. I can wait my turn,” I said.

“Me too,” responded Amber.

Heartbreak smiled. “Thanks. I choose to live with Applejack,” said Heartbreak.

“Nice choice. But, can you explain your reasons for everyone who doesn't know?” I asked. I had a feeling of what her reasons were.

“Yeah, I’ll give you my reasons,” confirmed Heartbreak. “I would need to have doors opened for me every time I go in and out of the Library thanks to my hooves unable to grip anything, animals at Flutters’ Cottage would either hate and-or be afraid of me, I’m afraid of falling through the clouds if I lived with Dash-” Heartbreak took a breath of air. “-since I’m an earth pony, Rarity would try and style my hair and put makeup on me, and Pinkie Pie might end up giving me a heart attack if I lived with her.”

Twilight and her friends each had their own reactions to Heartbreak’s reasons: Twilight felt bad, Fluttershy looked sad, Rainbow Dash agreed, Rarity tried to deny, and Pinkie Pie was smiling.

“So what’s your reason for livin’ with me?” questioned Applejack. She wanted to know what made her the best decision out of all of her friends.

“I’m not good at bucking apples, and animals are afraid of me. So, I'll do inventory for your family in return for some bits,” informed Heartbreak.

“So you’re doing it just to get paid?” questioned Applejack, raising an eyebrow.

“That, and it’s the only thing I can do around the farm,” said Heartbreak. She shrugged.

Applejack was silent for a moment before coming to a decision. “Well, I guess me and mah family do need a little help with some of the inventory nowadays,” said Applejack. “All right. Once I get back to Sweet Apple Acres, I might be able to clear out a room for you to live in within the day.”

“Fantastic. Nice to be living with you, Applejack,” said Heartbreak, smiling.

“Same here,” replied Applejack, smiling as well.

“You can go next, Amber. I can wait,” I offered. I was okay with going last since their choice was more important than mine.

“Thanks. I choose Fluttershy,” said Amber.

Fluttershy was surprised to hear that she was chosen. “M-Me? Why me?” stuttered Fluttershy. “Wouldn’t the others be a better choice than me?”

“Nah. I think it’ll be awesome living with you, Fluttershy,” she complimented. “You live a peaceful life.”

Fluttershy blushed at the compliment. “Well, I guess you can stay with me, but I’ll have to explain to the animals back at the cottage about you living with us,” said Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure your animals will love me,” said Amber.

Heartbreak turned towards me. “What about your choice, ‘Lemon’?” teased Heartbreak, a grin on her face. She was grinning because of my name.

I kept a straight face towards her teasing. “I want to live with Twilight,” I said.

“Why?” asked Heartbreak. She already knew the reason.

“Because I need a magic teacher. I can’t even use basic levitation or teleportation magic. Twilight’s the best pony to learn magic from,” I explained. I then looked at Twilight. “So Twilight, can you please teach me magic?”

Twilight had an unsure look on her face. “I would, but I’m still a student myself,” Twilight answered meekly. “I’d have to ask Princess Celestia herself for permission to be your teacher while I’m still learning about the magic of friendship.”

As soon as she said that, there was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it,” said Spike. He walked over to the door and opened it. “Twilight, the princesses are here.”

“Princesses?” questioned Heartbreak, confused.

Everyone turned their heads and saw that at the door was Princess Celestia herself, and with her was her sister: Princess Luna.

“Hello, everypony. May we come in?” asked Princess Celestia, smiling.

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 is out. So, we meet Twilight's friends, Celestia is on her way to interview us to see if we're threats to Equestria, and we ended up becoming friends with Twilight's friends. Also, Celestia brought her sister along with her. 😓 Great, that's double the trouble. I hope we can get out of it safely in the next chapter.

Heartbreak's decision to live with Applejack is actually Jet_Black1980's decision when I asked them. As for Amber, I chose the best pony for her to live with. The reason I chose Twilight was serious. I needed to learn magic, and Twilight was the best pony in all of Equestria to learn it from. After Princess Celestia, I mean.

My Proofreader is The Psychopath. Thanks for proofreading the chapter.