• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 793 Views, 3 Comments

Universe Mishap of the Magical Kind - Zeprto678



Three people from our universe is sent to Equestria. Now they must find a way back home with the help of the Mane 6.

  • ...
3
 3
 793

Chapter 6: The Grand Galloping Gala Part 1-Dressing Up

Chapter 6: The Grand Galloping Gala Part 1-Dressing Up

It has been a few days since the three of us had moved into Ponyville. During the time that had passed, lots of things happened:

I learned a few spells from Princess Luna, including Levitation and Teleportation, which needed some work. I was even able to unlock my magic talent. So far with my current power, I can only conjure up regular foods like fruits and vegetables, and regular drinks like water. I can even use my magic to check someone’s food allergies.

Amber has been taking flying lessons from Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. She needed to work on controlling her flight and landing. As for me, I can’t fly until my wing heals.

I was able to find a job at Sugarcube Bakery with the Cakes and Pinkie Pie. Heartbreak has been doing well working at Sweet Apple Acres. As for Amber, she has been looking around for a job that suits her skills as a dragon.

We asked Rarity to make us some outfits for the Grand Galloping Gala and she was able to complete them within a few days.

And it seems that Twilight hasn’t found anything in her books to get us back home, so we’re waiting for word from Celestia about her search.

Anyway, tonight was the night of the Grand Galloping Gala. Amber and Heartbreak, plus Twilight’s friends, were all at the Golden Oak Library, dressed up in their Gala outfits. They were waiting for me as I was getting dressed up in the bathroom. Amber herself was wearing a blue dress that had holes in the back for her dragon wings to fit through.

She went and approached Heartbreak. “Hey, HB,” she greeted.

“Hi, Amber,” greeted Heartbreak.

Amber was curious about something as she looked at her outfit. “Why are you wearing that, HB?” asked Amber.

Heartbreak was dressed in a formal, dark purple-colored suit, and on her head was a purple top hat with a blue ribbon and a white card that had “10/6” written on it.

She straightened up her bowtie. “I may be a mare on the outside, but I’m still a m-m-m-stallion on the inside,” informed Heartbreak. “Ponies may stare at me like I’m weird for wearing something like this, but I don’t care. I will not wear a dress.”

“I see,” replied Amber. “Well, you look lovely in it.”

“Thanks. You too,” she complimented.

Rainbow Dash was flying in the air impatiently as she wanted to get to the Gala and meet the Wonderbolts. “Ugh!” groaned Rainbow Dash, loudly. ”What is taking him so long?! We have to go!”

Rarity came down from upstairs. “Rainbow Dash, you’re being rude,” she admonished. “The poor dear is frightened since this is his first time going to the Gala where there will be tons of ponies watching his every move since he is a prince.” She approached Rainbow Dash and placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Give him some time. Besides, the Wonderbolts aren’t going anywhere. They’ll still be there.”

She was feeling even more impatient. “Time?! We need to get to the Gala now!” she shouted.

“M-Rarity is right, Dash,” said Heartbreak. She sighed in her head as she almost called Rarity, ‘Marshmallow’. “Lemon will be announced at the Gala as Equestria’s first Alicorn Prince. He’d have to face an entire crowd of ponies who would either love or hate him.”

“You’re right as well, dear,” agreed Rarity.

Heartbreak started heading for the stairs. “I’ll go talk to him and see if I can get him out of the bathroom,” said Heartbreak. “You can wait in the carriage for us.”

“Fine with me,” said Rainbow Dash. She then flew over to the door, opened it, and flew outside.

After deciding for a moment, the rest of the Mane Six, plus Spike, headed for the door. Amber stayed, though.

Twilight looked back at Heartbreak as she followed her friends and Spike. “Call us if you need any help, HB,” said Twilight.

“Sure thing, Twilight,” responded Heartbreak. Twilight and her friends went outside to the carriage. “You going, Amber?”

Amber shook her head. “Nah. I’ll wait for you two,” said Amber. “If you need any help getting him out, call me.”

Heartbreak nodded and trotted up the stairs. Once she reached the bathroom, she knocked.

“What is it, Rarity?” I asked.

“It’s Heartbreak,” she clarified.

I gave off a sigh. “Let me guess. You’re going to do a speech about how I should face my fears about stage fright or something like that, HB?” I theorized.

Heartbreak was kind of surprised that I guessed exactly what she was about to talk to me about. “Um, yeah. That was it,” she said. “How did you know?”

“Sorry, but it was obvious,” I said. “Besides, what I’m afraid of is that everyone will laugh at my outfit at the Gala, or worse, say bad things about me.”

Heartbreak put a hoof on the door. “Anyp-p-pony who does that will answer to me, Lemon,” she said, serious.

I smiled. “Thanks for the pep talk, HB,” I said.

She smiled as well. “No problem, Lemon,” said Heartbreak. “You ready to go to the Gala now? Your teacher will be there too.”

I sighed loudly. “Hold on,” I said. I opened the door.

Heartbreak backed up. Once I came out of the bathroom, she was a little surprised when she saw my look. “Whoa,” she said, speechless.

I became worried once I heard her say that. “How do I look?” I asked.

Heartbreak snapped out of it. “You look awesome. You’ll knock them dead,” commented Heartbreak.

I gave off a wide smile. “Thanks,” I said happily. I held out a hoof.

“No problem,” replied Heartbreak. She held up a hoof and bumped her hoof to mine in the form of a hoof-bump.

We brought our hoofs back down to the floor.

“That’s still weird,” I commented.

“Still is,” agreed Heartbreak.

Me and Heartbreak headed for the stairs. When we made it, we then walked backwards down them since we were both still new to our bodies and were afraid of falling down the stairs. We went to Amber once we reached the bottom.

Amber was impressed when she saw my outfit. “Whoa,” commented Amber.

Heartbreak grinned. “I know, right?” she asked.

I confidently headed for the door. “Now that we’re all ready, shall we get going?” I asked.

“Right behind you,” responded Heartbreak.

Heartbreak and Amber followed after me. Amber closed the library door behind her. The carriage everyone was riding in was originally an apple that Twilight changed with magic. It was going to be pulled by two stallions who Rarity asked for help; Caramel and Lucky Clover. While everyone was riding inside, Spike was sitting up front in the driver’s seat.

“Okay, we got Lemon out of the bathroom. We can go now,” announced Amber.

“Finally! Let’s go already!” shouted Rainbow Dash. She was shouting from inside the carriage.

“Darling, how is that dress I made for you?” asked Rarity. Her question was directed at me.

I opened the door with magic. “I really love it,” I replied.

Everyone, except Heartbreak, Amber, and Rarity, gasped when they saw me.

I was wearing a long, red dress that had a tuft of white at the end that was made to look like whipped cream, a red cape that was held together in the front with a pin that was designed in the form of a golden apple, around my front left hoof were two purple bands that had the images of a fork and knife, my mane was stylized and had a blueberry pie slice pin in front of my left ear, while the back of my mane was tied into a ponytail in the back with a band that had the design of whipped cream on top of it, and I was wearing makeup, making me look like a mare.

I blushed out of embarrassment. “Well? What do you all think?” I asked, worried. “Is it good?”

“I think you look simply marvelous, dear,” complemented Rarity. “Don’t you all think so?”

Everyone gave their own positive input.

I blushed. “Thanks for the compliments, everyone,” I mumbled.

Me, Amber, and Heartbreak then went into the carriage. Even though it was a little snug, we could all fit in. Once the door was closed, we were on our way to Canterlot. Some of us were talking with each other in order to pass the time.

Rainbow Dash was looking at me, curious about my choice of outfit. “Why are you wearing a dress? Is it because Heartbreak--” Rainbow Dash was interrupted.

“HB,” growled Heartbreak, annoyed. “Seriously, it’s not that hard to remember.

She rolled her eyes. “Is it because HB is wearing a suit?” she asked.

I blushed even more as I looked down. “Actually, I’ve always wanted to dress up as a wo-I mean, mare, before but never had the courage,” I explained. “When I heard that we were going to the Gala, I gained the courage and asked Rarity for a dress and some accessories. Although, I had to tell her why.”

Rarity smiled. “After hearing why, I decided to make it for him,” remarked Rarity. “I even helped the poor dear out with his make-up and mane and tail a few minutes ago.”

“I think it looks good on you,” said Fluttershy.

I was still looking down. “Thanks,” I mumbled.


Some Time Later

The carriage arrived at its destination. We stepped out of it and found ourselves a few feet away from Canterlot Castle, the place where the Grand Galloping Gala was being held inside.

I was impressed as I looked at the castle itself. “It looks so much more impressive up close,” I said. I then heard singing. “Who’s singing?”

It seems that Twilight and her friends, plus the crowd of ponies around us was singing “At the Gala”.

Heartbreak did a facehoof softly. “Of course the ponies would sing stuff in this universe. Just our luck,” groaned Heartbreak. “I guess we’ll be listening to a lot of songs from the show until we get back home.”

I shrugged. “It’s kind of catchy though,” I said. “But for right now, let’s go over the plan again.”

So while everyone was singing, the three of us had a group discussion.

“The Mane Six’s plans will go awry at some point after the Gala begins. So, we need to make this their best night ever by helping out each of them by ourselves,” I explained. “Just like we planned, I’ll be helping out Applejack with her food stand, Rarity on her date with Prince Blueblood, Twilight with Princess Celestia, and Pinkie Pie with having fun at the Gala.”

“I’ll be helping out Fluttershy with the animals,” said Amber. “Afterwards, I’ll go hang out with Spike.” She didn’t like how there were more ponies at the Gala than the amount of ponies there were at Pinkie Pie’s Welcome Party.

“As for me, I’ll be helping out Rainbow Dash with the Wonderbolts,” ended Heartbreak.

I nodded. “Perfect. We’ll meet up in Canterlot Gardens after the Gala is over,” I said. “Agreed?”

“Agreed,” they both confirmed.

“Let’s do this,” I announced.

The three of us then headed for the entrance of Canterlot Castle.

Author's Note:
  • Me dressing up as a mare was only because I've always wanted to dress up back then, but I was always afraid of what people would think of it. So, I never did and I'm still afraid of doing it.
  • The drawing of Foodie Love in a dress was drawn by wedrawyouroc. Go to them if you want to request a drawing. Make sure to read their rules before requesting a drawing.
  • Jet_Black1980 was the one who created and drew the design image for their own GGG outfit on their My Little Heartbreak blog.
  • Amber's drawing was drawn by @poroshoktaid on Tumblr. They do drawing requests too.

The reason I've split it into four parts was that it was exhausting attempting to create a whole chapter about the Grand Galloping Gala, especially with the hot temperatures during the Summer.

The Psychopath, thanks for proofreading this chapter.

Comments are appreciated. :heart: