• Published 5th Jun 2020
  • 4,846 Views, 160 Comments

How to train a Princess - Foal Star



Shining Armor was transformed into a alicorn princess by a strange book and now he has to attend classes to either go back as a stallion, or remain a alicorn princess.

  • ...
27
 160
 4,846

Chapter Five: Gleaming Sheild's gender is revealed!

Gleaming Shield groaned as she slowly rubbed her head and rolled over as the mare realized that she was somehow in her parent's dining room. The alicorn felt as if she was just slammed by a chariot. The mare rolled over and saw her parents, Twilight and his wife Cadance, sitting around the table enjoying dinner. The alicorn princess in training groaned, rubbing her head as she slowly got up. The mare gasped in surprise upon seeing Sunset Shimmer and Winter both scratching their heads as well groaning as they slowly got up as they looked around confused as well. Cadance then flew over to Gleaming immediately and embraced her in a hug wrapping her pink feathered wings around her husband. "Oh, thanks, Celestia, you're ok! Twilight's told me everything!?"

Gleaming squeaked at the sudden embrace while Sunset Shimmer blinked in surprise, then took a hoof over her mouth and snickered, "oh wow, I didn't know you were gay."

Cadance blinked, being entirely confused by the mare's statement. "Huh? What are you talking about, Sh-"

The white-coated alicorn lifted her wings in front of her wife with sweat pouring down her face and squeaked, "oh yes, I'm gay; you all figured out my secret!"

Everypony blinked as her family all turned to Gleaming with confused looks, and she gave them a sheepish smile. It didn't take long for her family to understand he didn't tell these other mares that she was really a guy.

Twilight laughed at this revelation as she turned to the orange coated mare and, with a surprised look as she exclaimed, "Sunset Shimmer is here!"

"Oh, you have a version of Twilight Sparkle to; hello, it's good to see you again." the orange coated mare replied with a sarcastic smile.

"'Well, I guess in your universe, you're not a spoiled brat," Twilight responded with a smirk.

The orange coated mare performed a curtsey. "Yes, I do apologize how my alternate version of me. If she was anything like how I was before I met Celestia, I was quite a monster."

Twilight waved a hoof as she continued, "oh, you weren't honestly that bad. I've met and fought a few actual villains, and you were nothing like them."

Sunset Shimmer eyed her and snapped back. "Oh yeah!? Am I supposed to take that as a compliment!?"

Twilight rolled her eyes, not feeling like getting into a fight with Sunset Shimmer, and asked. "And who are you?"

"I'm W..Winter a..a goddess of...um...winter." The mare squeaked, feeling quite embarrassed with Twilight inspecting her closely as if examining a specimen of some kind.

The violet alicorn was quite surprised at what she said and cried out. "Seriously, a goddess!?"

Twilight turned towards Gleaming Shield and giggled, "you made such good friends!?"

"Y..ye..yeah! And we um..finished your course and passed..n...now were just waiting to get called back in to do the next course." The mare stammered, being quite nervous.

Twilight put a hoof on her brother. "Then you need to relax, every time I finish a huge test the next day, I just sleep and read."

Cadance snickered behind a hoof, still getting all jittery from the idea of her husband becoming a full alicorn princess. "I can't believe my hus-I mean um wife is becoming a princess! We should go out and celebrate!"

Gleaming's eyes lit up as she stamped a hoof on the ground and snapped, "No way!"

The other mares turned in surprise as Twilight blushed, seeing they were getting mixed signals. "Um...sister, you should go and hang out...nopony...um...will...see that you're any different."

"R..right, I get what you're saying." Gleaming Shield stammered as she realized herself that she did look like Shining. Still, there were a lot of significant differences to hide her true identity.

Twilight Velvet smiled as she came forward. "Well, I agree with Twilight. I think you all should celebrate passing your test knowing my daughter that test probably wasn't easy."

Gleaming rolled her eyes. "The studying prior was more exhausting than the test itself. The test was practical too, so all the studying was a waste of time. I've been around princess Cadance and Celestia long enough to understand how to hold court."

Winter nuzzled, Gleaming as she whispered, "are you kidding? If it weren't for her and Sunset, I would've definitely failed. That test was nerve-racking."

Gleaming nuzzled her new friend of all her new friends, Winter was the softest of the group but also the kindest. The alicorn nuzzled her pegasus friend, and Twilight Velvet and Night Light slowly left, not wanting to get involved in this.

Cadance raised her wings and sang, "That's it! No more stalling! Let's go have some fun!" The ponies cheered as Gleaming tried to think of a way to get out of this and squeaked, "wait, shouldn't we wear something to hide our wings!? I mean, we can't hide our horns, and ponies would freak out seeing a few alicorns wandering around town."

Twilight scoffed as she pointed out. "You're all wearing your uniforms, and they do a good job of hiding your wings already. So just pretend your unicorns."

Gleaming realized Twilight was right (except for the fact it had a princess in training written over her chest.) "fine...guess you have a point…"

Winter fluttered over, getting all excited as she chirped, "you all stop worrying now come on, let's go!"

The mares all pushed Gleaming Shield out through the front door. She kicked and cried out, hoping no pony would recognize her resemblance to being Shining Armor!


The mares were all now in a shopping center, ordering all kinds of things from a nearby dress shop, a shoe shop. Now they were at a cafe sipping coffee together. They were laughing and having a blast except for Gleaming, who didn't buy anything she mostly stood about and watched, being too nervous to really do much. Cadance noticed, and it was evident that her husband had kept the secret about his gender change from the others but didn't say anything and simply stood by her husband. The princess of love turned to Sunset and asked, "so I heard the stories about the human dimension but are they actually true? Do they walk around on two legs and wear clothes all the time?"

The mare gave a blush as she responded. "Yes, that's all true, in fact...I feel more comfortable in clothes then I do without."

Cadance shrugged as she asked, "I guess it makes sense if they don't have fur, goodness knows, just being in your skin would be so uncomfortable."

Winter looked over and replied, "yeah, I guess so...but I have to admit I wonder what my human form would look like?"

Gleaming rolled her eyes at the notion of even seeing herself as a human and scoffed, "I don't even want to know what my human form would look like. I think maybe it's best we stay as ponies."

Cadence dawwed as she nuzzled Gleaming. "Oh, stop being so adorable! I bet you would look so cute as a human too!" The true alicorn princess rubbed her muzzle into Gleaming and snagged a kiss and held the embrace for a bit.

Sunset got a little jealous, seeing the two kiss and snapped, "ugh, get a room, you two!"

Winter shoved Sunset as she turned around and being a bit bashful as she wanted to know how they met and asked, "tell us...how did you two meet? I mean, did you find out you were...um….into mares before? Or after?"

They both blinked, not expecting the question as Gleaming stammered, "Wel...well, you see... I..I've always been into mares. I...I can't completely understand why I fell in love with Cadance, but when I was being a royal guard in Canterlot palace, she simply caught my eye...I asked her out, and the rest is history." Gleaming felt a bit more confident at the very least the answer wasn't a lie at all, seeing that despite lying about her true gender, she really was into mares and how she met Cadance wasn't a lie.

However, the princess of love was taken abit back; she actually did have an interest in trying to be with another mare, but it never really came across as a question from another pony before. Cadance gulped before she answered, "I was quite surprised that Gleaming asked me out and um...yeah, I was surprised I was into mares more then she was."

Cadence slowly rose up, seeing the sun setting. Luna raising the moon, she asked, "My love has been sucked into a book for almost a week, and I did love our time together, but I need to have some alone time with her."

"Um, of course!?" The other mares exclaimed, and Gleaming was quite surprised at her wife's outburst and squeaked, "wait, what do you mean by that!?"

Cadance turned to Gleaming's worried look and asked, "I mean? Don't you want to be with me?"

"Of course!? But...oh...nevermind." The princes in training mumbled, too embarrassed to try explaining what she thinks Cadance wants to do in private.

Sunset got up with a bunch of shopping bags within her magic. "Well! We'll head back to your parent's house, Gleaming. I hope you don't mind if we take your room."

The princess in training eyes lit up at this and realized her room had tons of evidence she was a stallion and squeaked, "nope! No problem!"

Winter looked down at the ground and whispered, "thank you, Gleaming?"

"Well, I've been staying at a hotel. I mean, your parents only have two spare rooms, so I got a hotel room." Princess Cadance explained casually.

Gleaming cheeks flushed pink, wondering out loud as she responded, "I mean, couldn't you have gotten a room at the palace?"

Cadance strutted over and nuzzled her husband and whispered, "I could've, but I didn't want to bring too much attention and I do want to have our privacy."

Gleaming gulped as she strutted off with her wife, wondering what Cadance has planned.


The white-coated alicorn walked into Cadance's hotel room and blushed, seeing how grand and quaint it could be at the same time it was with a single bed, a vanity table, and a bathroom. The mare was quite stunned at what she saw. "Wow, this is a nice room?"

"Yeah, it is perks of being royalty and all...soon you'll enjoy these perks too." Cadance chirped, booping her husband's nose.

"I'm not staying like this!" The alicorn princess snapped as she plopped on the bed with her hooves crossed over her chest. "I know you all think this is cute and funny, but I seriously want to be a stallion again."

Cadance sighed, seeing she might've teased her husband a bit too much as she sat down across from her. "Ok then go on explain everything that's happened I won't interrupt."

It took a while, but Gleaming took a deep breath as she started to tell his wife everything from how he wrote his name in Twilight's book as a joke, then he was shown to an all powerful alicorn named Faust. After that, she was taken to a version of Cadance and learned "anatomy." She was taken to an understanding of Twilight, who taught them all kinds of normal subjects like Tax law and political science and passed a test where they had to hold a mock court. Cadance laughed and snickered at a lot of the things her husband told her. The princess gave a sigh taking a breath, and explained, "oh my!? You've been through a lot."

"Yeah, I mean honestly, I maybe a princess alicorn now. But like I said, I honestly prefer being a stallion, and I'm only doing these stupid classes trying to get my original gender back." The mare grumbled under her breath being agitated about the whole situation.

Cadance thought things over for a bit before whispering, "I know, but I think you should tell your new friends the truth about your gender swap…"

Gleaming laid down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling as she responded, "honestly, I think when they snoop around my room, they'll find out on their own...I know that Winter might understand she seems forgiving enough. But Sunset Shimmer she'll be furious at me...I think that at the very least, Sunset's feelings for me will die down. I honestly think she's into mares."

"Yeah, thanks for not cheating on me." Cadance scoffed as she got up and laid right over her husband.

The white-coated alicorn cried out in surprise, her eyes widening, seeing Cadance on top of her with the lovely pink and yellow mane pouring over her mane. Gleaming gulped being quite nervous as she knew what was going to happen next and stammered, "w..wh...what are you going to do?"

Cadence looked over this cute alicorn mare with a smile. "Well, who knows when you'll go back into that book, and for how long. I honestly never laid with another mare before. It's something I always secretly wanted to try."

"Wait, you don't me-" The white-coated alicorn cried out as Cadance kissed her
former husband. They held the embrace for quite some as they laid with each other in the bed as the lights dimmed around the two mares.


Sunset Shimmer and Winter were back at Gleaming's parent's house; the orange coated mare was in deep contemplation as she looked at the ground and trotted off and grumbled, "Gleaming is hiding something from us."

Winter sighed as she looked over with a smile. "Oh, that's obvious. Did you see his parents and sister they were surprised when Gleaming said she was gay?"

"Yeah... it's rather odd. I mean, I could've sworn Cadance almost said husband at one point...you don't think Gleaming might've been a guy?" the mare whispered.

Winter shrugged as she replied, "it wouldn't matter to me. It honestly wouldn't change my opinion of her...or him."

"I think that at the very least she should've been honest with us! I mean, he's seen me naked!" Sunset cried out loud.

Winter snickered behind a hoof. "Um, Sunset, you keep forgetting most ponies don't wear clothes."

“R..r..right.” Sunset replied sheepishly that the mare kept forgetting that fact about ponies. She kept trotting off as the mare thought things over about Gleaming hiding her true gender and grumbled, "still, he should've told us the truth anyways."

Winter gave a sigh seeing Sunset wasn't letting this go. "We don't even know if he or she is actually a stallion."

"Yeah, not yet, anyways…" Sunset smirked as they came to the house, and she knocked.

Twilight opened the door with a smirk." Well, well, it's about time you showed up? You had fun?"

"Oh Twilight, we had an amazing time!" the orange coated mare chirped as she skipped inside the house.

Winter meekly walked in behind her as Sunset Shimmer threw off her uniform and unfurled her wings.

Twilight was quite stunned to see one of her former enemies now a full-grown alicorn princess and she has to ask."How? I mean, seriously, how did you become an alicorn?"

Sunset Shimmer turned towards Twilight and scoffed, "honestly, you became the princess of friendship even after for years denouncing friends. So why couldn't I change too?"

The violet alicorn paused as she turned towards her friend. "Yes, I know you changed and became a better person, or in this case, pony. But I'm just still surprised by it all."

Sunset sighed as she replied, "well, to be fair, I started as a human and came through a portal on accident. I was rude and a bully and made life miserable for other students. But when I came to Equestria, I was alone and had nopony, but Celestia took me under her wing and showed me how to be better. To be fair, you and I were rivals, and friendship was never my forte.' Still, Celestia decided she was retiring and thought I would be a suitable replacement and ta-dah! She gave me this strange book that teleported me to interdimensional school to become a princess!"

Twilight was quite surprised that Sunset would tell her all of this. "So..d..did we ever become friends?"

Sunset turned to Twilight and scoffed, "of course we did!" The princes in training rushed Twilight and hugged the violet alicorn. "You helped me accept Celestia's proposal to take her spot. I didn't think I could do it."

Twilight was quite stunned at Sunset's sudden embrace. "Y...yeah...I...I guess that makes sense."

Sunset Shimmer then broke away with her cheeks flushed and replied, "well, it's rather late and...um... where's my bro- I mean sister!" Twilight was sweating as she almost gave away her brother's secret.

Sunset heard the mistake as it made her suspicious even more, but she kept her questions to herself as she answered, "oh, she's with her wife at a hotel for some alone time."

Sunset Shimmer growled as she knew that even if Gleaming was married, she still did have feelings for her. Twilight rolled her eyes, being a bit annoyed by her brother and his wife not coming by to at least say goodnight."Cadance and Shining could've explained things better. But alright, you two can have Shi-I mean Gleaming's room!" The violet alicorn scolded herself mentally to keep Shining's gender a secret.

She flew across the house as she led the other alicorns across the house and opened the door. Twilight then lit her horn and made a copy of Shining's bed. "There two beds! So nopony has to sleep on the floor!"

Winter squealed, clapping her hooves. "Wow, that was pretty cool!"

Sunset placed down their shopping bags and scoffed, "it was just a copy spell Winter. I'm sure you can do more amazing things than that."

The goddess got flustered by her friend's comment. "Well yeah, but it was still cool!"

Twilight laughed at how the two were fighting reminding her of her own friends bickering. "Ok, ok, you two are so different. Anyways get some sleep, I'm sure you're going to need it."

The violet alicorn slowly closed the door. As soon as she did, Sunset started going around the room, the closet with a bunch of dresses. She turned to see there was a vanity table, even a Ponyquin. There was even a chest of "old Gleaming stuff" filled with a bunch of dolls, but they were mares in armor.

"Hmm, something doesn't seem right…" Sunset mumbled under her breath.

Winter turned with a smirk seeing Sunset being all flustered at her being wrong and asked, "what? That Gleaming was a mare the whole time, and she was telling the truth?"

Sunset Shimmer turned around with a smirk at Winter and explained, "Nope! I recognize a transformation spell when I see one. Twilight is good, but I was also taught magic by her too, watch this." She lit her horn, and the vanity table turned to a simple desk with books on being a royal guard, the dresses turning into suits, and the dolls turned into stallion action figures. Winter squeaked as the magic dissipated at the revelations as Sunset sighed, "well, looks like I was right Gleaming is really a guy after all."


The next morning Cadance and Shining walked back to her parent's house with the white-coated alicorn shaking all over. She was so nervous about seeing Sunset with her secret probably now exposed, she had no idea how she was going to take it. As they approached her house, Sunset threw open the door as Sunset stomped over and snapped, "so! I figured it all out!"

Gleaming shivered as the furious mare stomped over. "You were a stallion the whole time! Why didn't you tell me!"

"Be...because I didn't want to ruin our friendship." Gleaming stammered with sweat pouring down her face.

"Well, it was weird! Honestly, you shouldn't have lied to me!" Sunset cried out, feeling actually hurt Gleaming was lying to her.

The alicorn princess rubbed her head as she explained, "I was a stallion big deal, I just didn't want a bunch of mares asking me awkward questions with me being the only stallion, ok."

Winter slowly trotted over and meeped. "I don't mind you being a stallion.."

Gleaming gave a sigh as she turned her attention to the goddess. "That's a relief, thanks Winter, I knew you would understand."

Sunset stomped over and shoved her snout into Gleaming's face. "Well, Winter maybe ok with this. But I'm not! I trusted and cared for you, and this is how I'm repaid!? Ugh, I need to fly off and think!" The orange coated princess raised her wings and flew into the air.

Gleaming was going to go after her Cadance placed a hoof over her husband's shoulder and whispered, "let her go, she needs time to process this."

The princess of alicorn looked downwards with sadness and disappointment in herself. "Yo..your right, I should've told her sooner."

Winter, however, came over and nuzzled Gleaming. "I still think you turning from a stallion to a mare is really cute."

"Ok, ok... let's just go eat." The alicorn princess squeaked as she wasn't used to Winter's strange behavior and quickly walked inside.


After an hour of eating breakfast with her family, they were all eating pancakes and eggs with coffee in silence. Twilight was sullen. She saw how easy Sunset Shimmer saw through her spell, Twilight Velvet and Night Light were both eating their breakfast, silently feeling awkward. Winter kept blushing, looking over at the stallion turned mare with a blush on her face. Meanwhile, Cadance looked content thinking over last night while Gleaming, who enjoyed her night with her wife, was still feeling strange about it. Suddenly the front door burst open, and Sunset slowly trotted over and apologized. "Look, I'll accept you being a stallion, and I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. To be honest, I just want to be your friend and you being a stallion before...it...it was a lot to take in all at once."

Gleaming smiled at Sunset feeling a lot better all of a sudden, seeing her being more reasonable as she replied, "ok, and I'm happy to see that our friendship isn't ruined."

Twilight dawwed as she got up. "Oh, it's so great to see you two making up, now come on Sunset, enjoy some breakfast! My mom and dad made plenty!" She then slid her a plate of food and a mug of coffee. As Sunset sat down to eat, the mare looked up at Gleaming and Cadance; seeing how they were acting, she smirked and asked, "so, how was your time at the hotel last night anything interesting happened?"

Being the most reasonable, Cadence simply blushed and turned her head, unable to answer. At the same time, her former husband slammed a hoof on the table. "That's none of your business, Sunset!"

Twilight got the hint that something did happen, and then it came to her as she unconsciously asked, "wait, you two had…"

Gleaming stood there with her face now a tomato red stammering and squeaking noises as Cadance rolled her eyes and scoffed, "we had sex big deal? We're married, and it's been a while since we were together."

Gleaming cried out in horror as everypony burst into laughter. The princess in training fell backward, feeling so embarrassed and wishing that she could just go to her next class when all of a sudden, the "how to train a princess" book suddenly appeared as the familiar voice or princess Faust echoed throughout the kitchen. "Sorry to break things up, but your next course is ready!"

Before anypony could say anything, the book slowly lit up and shined a bright light, and all the princesses in training suddenly disappeared.