• Published 5th Jun 2020
  • 4,847 Views, 160 Comments

How to train a Princess - Foal Star



Shining Armor was transformed into a alicorn princess by a strange book and now he has to attend classes to either go back as a stallion, or remain a alicorn princess.

  • ...
27
 160
 4,847

Chapter three: First day of Twilight's acadamy

Gleaming Shield woke up groggily in her new dorm alongside Sunset Shimmer and was surprised that she was already up doing yoga in front of a t.v. The white-coated mare slowly got up and squinted as she looked over at the screen and saw a Celestia in sweat pants and a headband doing stretches on a yoga mat. The white-coated alicorn slowly walked over, being a bit fascinated by the video and mumbled, "You're up already?"

Sunset then stood on her hind legs and stretched her hooves to the sky. "Well, I'm going to be a princess of the sun! I need to get up earlier than everypony, so I thought doing yoga would be a good way to start the day."

Gleaming sighed, seeing she was already up and wasn't going to be able to fall asleep. She decided to join Sunset Shimmer in doing yoga. Gleaming slowly lowered her back in a dog style and with her wings fully spread out. It was quite relaxing as she felt new wings were quite sore from the previous day when she flew with Cadance.

Sunset smiled, seeing Gleaming stretching beside her as she seemed so relaxed and peaceful, more so then she was yesterday. They continued to do their stretches in silence, with only the Celestia on screen talking about switching positions and encouraging them.

The princess rose with sweat pouring down her face as she gasped, "good job Sunset your doing very well and Gleaming I know your new at this, so just continue watching you can buy my entire DVD set intro for-"

Sunset quickly turned the T.V off then waved a hoof. "Oh, that's just Celestia trying to get ya to buy her DVDs. I have her entire set. You can borrow them if you want."

"Um, ok…" Gleaming whispered, not being entirely comfortable with all these different versions of ponies she's known most of her life.

Sunset then turned and turned to Gleaming and asked, "how about you go take a shower? I need some coffee."

Gleaming was quite sweaty and shrugged, "alright, I'll go shower." The mare walked off and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day and went about taking a quick shower then brushed her mane and tail like how Twilight taught her the day previously. She blushed, seeing makeup on the bathroom counter and decided not despite being tempted. After freshening herself up, she went to the kitchen and was surprised to see that Sunset Shimmer was making breakfast, flipping her pancakes, and cooking some eggs. The white-coated mare didn't know how to feel about another mare besides Cadance making her breakfast. Gleaming sighed," you don't need to make breakfast."

Sunset Shimmer turned around with a bright smile. "I'm trying to be like Princess Celestia. I might as well try to learn how to cook a proper breakfast for Luna and my other staff?"

Gleaming Shield just blushed as she sat down and replied, "yeah, but I don't want you treating me like I'm helpless."

"What do you think I'm doing here? I'm not trying to be your mom or something! It was nice!" Sunset Shimmer snapped as she slammed a plate of pancakes and eggs on the table.

Gleaming Shield squeaked, jumping back." S...sorry! I didn't mean it like that."

"Ok well, don't get used to it! You can make breakfast tomorrow!" Sunset snapped, getting suddenly quite angry as she stomped off, leaving Gleaming there wholly baffled at what just happened.

The alicorn princess quickly ate her breakfast and then went over and dressed in her school uniform. Sunset seemed to be still angry as she stomped around, fixing herself in her outfit, and Gleaming looked over and responded, "I didn't mean it about you being like my mom or something; it just felt weird you doing a lot for me for no reason."

"Whatever we can do a job scheduled later, then it won't feel weird." Sunset snapped back as she adjusted her skirt then walked off, angrily out of the room.

Gleaming rolled her eyes, seeing how Sunset held a grudge and snapped, "Seriously, you're still mad about that." She gave a deep sigh and then followed after Sunset Shimmer out the door.


Gleaming Shield followed her roommate down the crazy winding halls. It was unnerving to see how many classrooms there were and how easily she would get lost without a guide. She was at least happy to know that they eventually got where the stressed-out crazy looking Twilight was standing in front of them with her pet bunny stomping a foot on the table, shoving a pocket watch out into their faces.

Twilight snapped her glasses in place as she turned around and shouted, "you're late, Gleaming Shield!"

"I...I thought we woke up early!" Gleaming cried, looking quite distressed.

The air tension lasted for a few moments; then, bunny started laughing maniacally as Twilight blinked and turned to the clock over her and shouted, "Time Hop! That wasn't nice! I told you to stop doing that!"

Gleaming looked up and saw that the clock showed that she was early as they were supposed to be here by eight, and it was only seven. The mare grumbled irritably and walked over to a desk near Sunset, who scoffed at her and moved a seat away. Gleaming grumbled under her breath, still angry at how Sunset was still mad at her. Twilight handed them notebooks and a quill and a pot of ink. The white-coated mare sat there waiting patiently as the other ponies to start pouring in. She noticed one light blue coated unicorn with a waving striped darker blue and a light aurora green mane with a pair of violet eyes. The shy looking pegasus who walked in her wings hung at her sides as she cautiously looked around with a nervous look on her face. Gleaming decided to try being nice, waving a hoof. The mare blushed as she walked over and sat down next to her. The alicorn whispered, "Hey, it's nice to see a normal pony here."

"Me normal...um I'm a goddess of winter." The shy looking pegasus whispered back with a blush on her face.

"Oh, that's interesting...a goddess of winter, huh?" Gleaming whispered, looking quite amazed at what she just heard.

"Yeah...I know that it sounds weird, but as a goddess, I control the weather in my Equestria, but I live on a higher plane, so ponies don't really know who I am." Winter whispered, feeling a bit embarrassed as she explained herself.

Gleaming casually waved a hoof and responded with a smile. "That's fine; there's no need to be so coy about it. I only recently turned into an alicorn princess."

Winter rolled her eyes and responded, "Well, I think that's everypony here besides that teacher Twilight."

Gleaming Shield sighed as she was still not ready to tell anypony here she was once a guy. "Well, my circumstances were quite strange, and I'm not planning to stay as an alicorn princess."

Winter whispered back, "I don't blame you; I heard from some of the other students that being a princess is tough."

Twilight seeing all her students arrive, cleared her throat, and everypony looked ahead as she started the lecture. "Now I know that many of you are new to being royalty and have almost no experience with the topics we'll be covering. Now I have a time spell placed over this classroom. It will seem you've been here for days as I teach, but it'll only be a few hours in truth. So please take notes and pay attention as you need you to pass the test at the end of the week." Gleaming gulped as she got her quill ready and began writing notes as soon as Twilight's lecture began; she wasn't planning on being a mare any longer then she had to be.


It was a long day of lectures as they went through a dozen different subjects, first was political science, then tax code, pony sociology, and Equestrian law. Each one was more boring than the last, and Gleaming felt completely mentally drained after what felt like a week. The alicorn looked over at the clock and realized that it was only noon; the lecture really was only a few hours. After the long lecture, Twilight turned towards her class, seeing most were dead-eyed, some drooling, and have fallen asleep. In contrast, others seemed to be doodling in their notebooks, hardly paying attention as she replied, "I know you all must be feeling quite weary so take the rest of the day and tomorrow to work on the assignments assigned to you."

Time Hop then held up a pocket watch and points at it glaring at Twilight, who squeaked, "now I must be going as I have about thirty other classes to head to!" The mare then opened another portal with her horn and shot through with the bunny bouncing after her.

Soon all the alicorns and strange god-like beings began walking out of the classroom and back to their rooms. As Gleaming Shield slowly went to her bedroom just wanting to sleep. She spotted Trixie running over. "Gleaming! Trixie needs your help! Trixie was busy doodling herself and was not paying attention! May Trixie copy your notes!?"

Gleaming scoffed at how her bersion of Trixie and this one were almost identical and sighed, "fine, sure…"

Starlight strutted over and asked, "I also would like to study with you...you seemed to be paying attention and understand this stuff better then us. With your husband being a prince and all."

Gleaming blushed, just imagining a male version of Cadance but quickly shook her head and hurriedly responded, "fine! Let's make a study group ok!? And you can all copy off me."

Winter then slowly walked overlooking as she came over and asked, "m..may I join? I actually have a good understanding of the material as well."

Gleaming's eyes lit up, seeing the goddess of WinterWinter coming over and chirped, "sure, I would love for you to join!"

Sunset stomped, overlooking quite irritated as she snapped, "fine; then I'm joining too! You all have no idea what it means to be a princess!"

Gleaming was stunned and turned to Sunset, sith her eyes narrowed as they walked down the halls heading to the common room, wondering if Sunset only joined because she was making friends with Winter.


The four studied the rest of the afternoon under Sunset Shimmer and Gleaming Shield, teaching everypony what the teacher taught them over the last few hours in the small library in the breakroom. The hay burger wraps were strewn about with empty cups of soda, water bottles, and hay fries strewn about on the table. Gleaming's brain was on fumes after nearly a whole day of studying and finally closed her book and snapped, "ok, ok, I need a break, or my head will explode!"

Trixie was rubbing a temple on her head and groaned, "yes, Trixie admits you and Sunset Shimmer know more about this princess stuff than her."

Winter yawned as she closed her notebook and mumbled, "yeah, at the very least, we should be ready for that big test at the end of the week. Honestly, this stuff isn't too hard to learn, but it's so dry and boring."

Sunset turned to Gleaming, seeming to be still peeved at her and snapped. "Well, I think that you could, at the very least, not interrupt me when I'm trying to teach the group something."

Gleaming glared getting quite furious right back at the orange coated mare and snapped back. "Maybe you should stop being so bucking rude! I never interrupted you, and you've been attacking me all day!"

Sunset stood up, seeming not backing down, and shouted, "Yeah, every time we went over a subject, you just came bursting in blabbing about Cadance doing this Cadance doing that! I don't see how your husband will know about political science, then Celestia!"

Gleaming was steaming as she got up, stomping a hoof on the ground. "Oh, buck you! I didn't do that! You're just mad I know more about this stuff than you or Cadance knows more than Celestia!"

They continued to argue and shout together when suddenly the two were trapped in magical blue bubbles as Trixie stood up and shouted, "Trixie has had enough of you two bickering like little fillies!"

The two ponies turned their backs to each other as the bubbles popped, and they landed on their rumps.

Trixie waved her mane and scoffed, "it's late, and Trixie needs her beauty sleep goodnight!" The showmare then stomped off quite angrily.

"Yeah, I'll follow Trixie, night." Starlight quickly responded, also seeing the tension got up and followed her friend out the door.

Winter looked quite worried as she closed her books. "Ye...yeah, Gleaming, when you're done arguing, maybe we can hang out later." The pegasus then meekly left the room, not wanting to get involved in the two alicorns' argument.

Sunset Shimmer and Gleaming Shield glared at each other both were quite furious at each other. The white-coated mare got up and responded first, trying to mitigate the situation." You and I probably are going to be leading the study group so let's stop fighting and work together, ok?"

Sunset threw a hoof at Gleaming threateningly and shouted, "You can do what you want, but if you dare challenge me, I'm kicking you out of the group."

"Seriously!? Why are you acting like this!?" the white-coated mare snapped back.

"Because I tried being nice, and clearly, you just want to take advantage of me!" Sunset Shimmer cried out.

"Look, I didn't mean what I said this morning, and I'm happy about you being nice to me ok? I won't take advantage of you, and I'm willing to let you lead the study group." Gleaming Shield responded back, still trying to mitigate the conversation but seeing that Sunset had a grudge, and she couldn't figure out why the mare was so mad at her.

Sunset Shimmer paused, realizing maybe she was quick to judge her new roommate's behavior and sighed, "sure...sorry I didn't mean to snap at you... let's just get going to bed, it's late." The orange coated mare quickly left the room then walked off.

Gleaming Shield stood back and shook her head."Even as a mare I don't understand them. They're like a separate species." She then walked off down the hall, hoping to get some sleep before the next day of studies.