• Published 5th Jun 2020
  • 4,846 Views, 160 Comments

How to train a Princess - Foal Star



Shining Armor was transformed into a alicorn princess by a strange book and now he has to attend classes to either go back as a stallion, or remain a alicorn princess.

  • ...
27
 160
 4,846

Chapter Two: Gleaming Shield's New Dorm

Shining Armor groaned as the sun outside started to rise into the sky and sunlight came pouring through her room. She tried to pull the covers over her head not wanting to get up and deal with more of the princess academy nonsense. But the mare had a look of shock as she gazed around the room and was starting to see that she wasn't in her room with her parents anymore and from what she could see she was in some kind of “dorm.” The mare looked around and saw there were some “girly” objects in the room, a vanity table, posters of various princesses all over the room. She slowly got up with a worried look on her face as she whispered out loud. “Where the buck am I?”

The mare then slowly got out of her bed and onto a carpeted floor and turned to see that the room was a lot bigger than she imagined with a giant window of the back of the room. She looked over to see “Gleaming Shield” was written in fancy text on the side of her bed. The mare then looked over across the room and saw the bed next to hers which read “Sunset Shimmer”

Shining scratched her head completely confused at who this Sunset Shimmer and why was she sharing a room with her. The mare looked down a hallway stretching outward. Seeing nopony around the mare then slowly walked down the halls. She saw many more dorms, some doors were closed and some open. The mare then slowly came into the room and turned to pop in the room across from her and looked around. She saw there were two beds with two other names one on the right was “The “Great” and powerful Trixie on one bed on the right side of the room and on the left was “Starlight Glimmer.”

“Luckily I know who Trixie is that was some weird boaster who almost took over Ponyville...but I don’t know anything about Starlight Glimmer.” Shining Armor whispered under her breath she then slowly walked out of the room wanting to see more of this place where she was. The hallway was quite long with many open doors showing other princesses, one was named Sunrise Glimmer who had a buttery yellow coat with her yellow and pink striped mane with butterflies as a cutie mark printed on her rump. She looked like a beautiful changeling with insect-like eyes and butterflies flying around her side of the room. Gleaming then turned to see there was a mare named Dark Flame, an orange coated alicorn with a flaming red mane and tail with her side of the dorm having pictures of dark flame with rock music blaring with rock posters on the wall with pictures of demons and flames. She was playing an electric guitar and singing some rock songs on stage.

The mare was quite confused and continued down the hall blushing as she turned to another dorm and saw a half-bat pony alicorn mare named Firing Death with bats flying about with pictures of Luna placed all over on the walls. She seemed to be busy feeding some pet bats which were flying about but on the other side was a room full of chains and whips all over the place. The mare blinked not wanting to know what was going on with this princess. Shining Armor blushed as she left and slowly walked off down to a room labeled as the rec room. It had a few princesses playing at the pool ball table (with what she believed to be an angel looking princess alicorn with a halo over her head playing against succubus demon alicorn) some card tables, a small library, a pool, a spa, plus a massage parlor. She was quite surprised seeing giant couches lounge chairs placed all over the room. She seemed to admire the whole thing and then turned to see two mares coming into the rec room and saw that one had a purple coat with a purple and light pink mane trailing behind her. Another mare was there with a blue coat with white and blue striped mane, three was also an orange coated mare with a dark red and yellow mane. All three had large wingspans and were laughing as they came walking over. Trixie was the first to spot Shining Armor and gasped, “Oh my! Is that who I think it is?”

“Uh...I...I think that's a Gleaming Shield?” The purple coated mare responded who looked a bit unsure as she continued. “In my universe, she’s Twilight’s older sister but she wasn’t a princess.”

Shining was confused as she pointed a hoof. “Where the buck am I!? And who are you!?”

The orange coated mare scoffed as she pointed a hoof at herself. “My name is Sunset Shimmer! And I'm Celestia's second in line to be the princess of Equestria!”

The purple coated mare strutted over and scoffed, “my name is Starlight Glimmer! And I'm the princess of friendship where I come from.”

Trixie raised a hoof and exclaimed proudly. “Oh please, Trixie just turned into an alicorn princess because she ate an alicorn amulet thinking it would make her more powerful.”

Sunset and Starlight both snickered as Shining Armor blinked with a look of bewilderment at what Trixie just said and shouted, “Wait... what!?”

“Yeah it was a stupid decision the great and powerful Trixie committed to?” the blue-coated mare responded with a nonchalant shrug.

Shining Armor rubbed her forehead and sighed, “ok...so you’re all alicorn princesses and I’m assuming this is a dorm or something?”

Trixie rolled her eyes as she explained, “yeah this is the dorm for Twilight’s Sparkle’s Academy for New Alicorn Princesses or T.S.A.N.A.P for sort.”

“Wait, Twilight runs this school!” Shining exclaimed looking around with an excited look on her face and shouted, “Where is she! I would like to talk to her?”

Starlight Glimmer sighed as she replied, “um...you can’t just ask her? You have to wait for her. She doesn’t even have an office or classroom she kind of just appears then leaves a lot.”

Shining Armor rolled her eyes and groaned, “ugh forget it then just when is this school going to start anyway?”

Starlight Glimmer rolled her eyes and scoffed, “tomorrow morning? Have you gone through orientation yet?”

The white-coated princess alicorn blinked and responded, “no...I just went to sleep last night and I woke up here!”

Trixie flared her wings and stamped a hoof on the ground. “Ugh! How can Twilight be so unprofessional? Honestly even the great and powerful Trixie knows to not teleport somepony to another dimension without their approval or at least explain things?”

Starlight Glimmer shrugged not even as she responded, “I kind of accidentally came through a portal right into Celestia’s room and was asked if I wanted to be a princess?”

A Twilight then flew right into the front of her “sister” wearing a suit and glasses as she wheezed. “I am so sorry! I didn’t realize that the book would teleport you straight to the dorms. So um...the quick orientation I’m your professor and you’ll be living here for the next month or so depending on if you need remedial training. Now I’m constantly busy jumping through portals If you need anything let me know!”

“Wait wha-!?” The mare exclaimed, being completely baffled, and then Twilight flew off seeming to be late for something and shooting magic from her horn creating a blue portal and jumping through it smacking a rabbit with a pocket watch who was coming through the same portal. He then started stomping about and cursing before flying through the portal after her.

Shining Armor stood there with a confused look on her face scratching her head. “What the heck is going on here?”

Sunset Shimmer shook her head and sighed, “this Twilight is well...what is the term...sporadic would be the best way to put it.”

“Yeah come on, you need a spa date, you look so exhausted,” Trixie cooed seductively as she led Shining on towards the hot spa baths.

“Wait! I don’t need a sp-” Shining groaned as she was pulled along by the other princesses to the hot steaming tubs and squeaked as she was plopped in having the hot steamy suds rush around her body. She groaned as the hot bubbles around her body while relaxing her still sore aching muscles from the day before.

Shining groaned as she was now stuck in a spa soaking in a tub with the other princesses commenting on how soft her mane was or how shiny her coat is. It was all too weird for the mare as she stood there being gazed over by the other “princesses” not really knowing if this was a dream or a reality. Starlight sighed as Shining looked over at her and asked, “so...how about we talk about the alternate universes we come from?”

Sunset Shimmer soaking in the tub next to her sighed, “Oh, my situation is a bit complicated but in a nutshell, I’m from a universe where Celestia needed to retire and she chose me to be her successor.”

Starlight Glimmer scoffed, “Well for me in my universe I'm the princess of friendship when my version of Twilight Sparkle retired.”

Shining snickered thinking how angry her Twilight would be learning of this as Trixie continued, “well to be far in Trixie’s universe the princess was jealous that Twilight turned into an alicorn so Trixie swallowed the alicorn amulet and whala! Trixie became an alicorn.”

Shining couldn’t help but laugh and then asked, “why would you do that?”

Trixie shrugged as she responded, “Trixie was just jealous ok? Trixie wasn’t thinking straight.”

Shining Armor gulped feeling a bit nervous on how to explain asked, “so...did any of you find a weird book called “how to be a princess?” and it transported you to another dimension?”

“Yeah!” All of the princess alicorns exclaimed at once. Shining was amazed at the realization so many ponies had the same thing happen to them, Trixie got up and exclaimed,”It was weird my Twilight Sparkle gave me a similar book and said, here this is a gift for becoming an alicorn I think you need it.” Then after writing my name in it I suddenly came in front of some alicorn named Faust.”

Sunset Shimmer also responded. “Yeah, the same thing pretty much happened to me! Celestia gave me a similar book and that same exact thing happened to me.”

Starlight sighed as she sat back. ”Well, I mean it’s obvious we all got handed this book by Celestia, Luna, or a Twilight heck I heard some instances of a Cadance handing this book to princesses here?”

Gleaming looked about seeing the other alicorns walking about, some with bat wings, some looking like Celestia and Luna while others were short and stocky like herself. “It's almost too weird to see so many ponies from so many different universes...I think Twilight tried to explain to me about her going to a dimension with “humans” but I had no idea there would be so many."

Sunset Shimmer eyes lit up upon hearing what Gleaming said and exclaimed, “Wait! Your Twilight went to the human world?”

Shining turned around at her new roommate with a smile and responded, “yeah she did, why in fact I think there’s a Sunset Shimmer she met there!?”

“Yeah, I mean...in my original human universe I know of a Twilight from another school before ending up in Equestria,” Sunset mumbled under her breath reminiscing on her days as a human.

Starlight turned with a suspicious look and asked, “so...Gleaming? Tell us how did you end up here?”

Sunset and Trixie both turned as Shining bent her head; she wasn’t sure to tell them about how she was once a stallion and was turned into a mare so she stammered. “Um...yeah nothing really crazy where I came from just was given a book by my sister Twilight and then I appeared in front of Faust.”

Trixie yawned getting up out of the hot tub and wrapping herself around with a towel while Starlight and Sunset Shimmer both did the same. Shining really didn’t feel like getting out just yet but saw outside from a window the moon was now in the sky. She groaned realizing classes will start tomorrow and the mare slowly got up out of the water and blushed to see everypony nearby was staring at her. Shining’s face grew red and shouted, “hey stop staring!”

She stomped over to a towel and wrapped around her body and started to dry herself off. After she finished drying her mane, tail and coat she slowly walked back to her room being to emberassed to really say or do anything else. She then spotted Twilight coming over who fixed her glasses with the bunny nearby stomping a paw grumbling about her taking too long. As the velvet coated mare finally started to explain. “Hello Gleaming you finding yourself getting along with the other students?”

“My name isn’t Gleaming Shield!” Shining Armor shouted out loud as she stomped a hoof on the ground.

Twilight squeaked out as she looked through the portfolio and exclaimed, “Oh but it says your name is Gleaming Shield here on your forms!?”

“Yes I know but...oh nevermind I’ll just stick with that name for now.” The mare grumbled under her breath.

Twilight blushed as she gave her nametag and some books. “Now I know this is a bit unorthodox considering your situation but here are the textbooks you’ll need for the classes ahead.”

She plopped a whole bunch of textbooks on Shining Armor’s back making her squeal out loud. “You need something else please let me know.” She then opened a new portal and ran through with the strange bunny running after her still seeming to be quite irritated. Gleaming just groaned as she took them and then headed off down the hall and then she entered her dorm room to see Sunset Shimmer ironing her uniform and her roommate looking over and exclaimed. “Hey, roomy! I was just ironing your uniform. You can just set your books down and get some sleep.”

“Th...thanks…Sunset...why are you doing this?"

Sunset shrugged as she fitted the outfit over a ponyquin. "I'm not sure, just think it would be nice to do something for a friend."

Gleaming sighed, not really wanting this mare to iron her stuff but she was already pretty much exhausted. She placed the textbooks on the side of the bed and then slowly laid down and snuggled under the covers. The mare gave a deep sigh feeling much more relaxed and slowly fell into a deep slumber wondering how this crazy looking Twilight’s classes are going to be like.