• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,789 Views, 41 Comments

Faceless One - malfarious



This is a tale of wrought and destruction and a name that none can remember.

  • ...
5
 41
 1,789

The Darkness

A/N:This chapter ties in with my other story A Lost Entity. It is recommended that you read this before going any further in the story. Sorry for the confusion and I am now having jediinc proofread my stuff if you have the time you should check him out. Thanks again for all the comments and the tips.

I died. Sounds rather dark when you say it. No matter how you say it still has the same dark message. I passed away, I concluded life's journey, I slept for the last time. All of that pretty much still means I'm dead. You can decorate all you like, it's still the same. What!? Your disappointed that it ends here? Naw, this is just starting to get good. Just pay attention this is where it gets good.

As my body lay still I felt it being dragged downwards as if to hell. There I met him, he stood there just as confused as me. He was resembled a Unicorn and a Pegasus together. He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. " Where am I?"

I looked at him lost. I mean I was the one dragged her from death and he doesn't knows what's going on? I thought he was the responsible for me being here. Weirdly enough I understand him too. It was nice to finally communicate with someone, even if it was some weird lost pony. Damn this still creates far too many questions and no answers. "Who are you?" I asked hopeful that I could learn something from him.

" I-I don't know. Don't you?"

"Nope, pretty sure I'm dead and that this is the first time meeting you, ever."

"You, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be guarding the tome?" A strange shadow like being spoke with no mouth and then it clicked in my mind.

" The Darkness! Our Creator it cannot be you?"

"Chronic, what the hell is he talking about?"

"Urr, well you see, this is quite awkward myself to not be able to answer you. I can only confirm that what he says about you is true. I cannot tell you anything, he on the other hand can."

"Sir, whatever you are tell me who I am."

" This is no joke? Forgive me, of course it isn't I am just a little amazed to see you again. You have taken on a different form since last we met. It has been eons since our last meeting. I am one of the four Guardians that are given the task to protect the tome and its locations whereabouts. You gave me and my family this responsibility."

"The Garden is safe correct?" Chronic budged in insistent on an answer.

"Well no it isn't a unicorn found his way there and escaped back to his homeland where I followed to which he turned me mortal and then I was assaulted by an army of tree wolves of some sort."

"Ahh you must mean the timber wolves. I see and you have died hmm? That won't do."

" I still have questions for him Chronic. Tell me what is your name guardian?"

"I have no name only a title that me and my family share. We are called the Faceless Ones."

"I see, you also called me The Darkness, is that my name?"

"No, it is a title like mine. However in the tome it may be written in there of your name. I am unsure of where you might find the way into the Garden unfortunately. I am sorry I couldn't be of more assistance."

"No you have been of plenty of help already. I only wish to reward you for your help. Chronic is there something we can do for him?"

"Of course he is under your direct power should you will it I can give him back his life and something more maybe? An enchanted sword would not be unreasonable."

" Well then don't keep him waiting. He has a mission to accomplish let us not keep him any longer."

Darkness washed over me and healed my wounds. I could feel them leave and thought aloud. "I just met the creator. Never thought we would ever hear from him again." In my hand a sheathed sword appeared and on my right hand a gauntlet appeared on it. The gauntlet was jet black and at the end of each fingertip were claws as sharp as a blade. The sheath of the sword was a rich silver, that had dark figures engraved upon it. Hmm not bad, Valentine would definitely be very jealous.

I opened my eyes to find myself in a huge ditch that I created. I grabbed for my weapon to find my new sword hanging and my gauntlet firmly strapped onto my hand. I unsheathed the sword and instantly a shadowy flame engulfed. I also felt whispers in the back of my mind. I then began to see me standing across from me joined by another and another, till soon i was surrounded by me. The whispers were becoming painfully loud and it made no sense as it sounded like the same gibberish i had heard from the unicorn who had put me here. My body began to waver back and forth, my hands shaking violently and the sword was vibrating in my hand with power. I quickly realized the blade was the cause of this and quickly sheathed it and the voices left with it. I stopped shaking as well and slowly the circle of me's dissipated away. I fell to the ground feeling exhausted from the strain the sword put me in.

"Well never going to use that again." I slowly found my bearings and picked myself up. I had a long trek ahead of me and it would get more dangerous.