• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,789 Views, 41 Comments

Faceless One - malfarious



This is a tale of wrought and destruction and a name that none can remember.

  • ...
5
 41
 1,789

Seed of Insanity

With my new weapon and gauntlet I rolled my shoulder's flexing out my once dead body. I could feel my shadow like body bending backward inhumanly as I found myself looking in between my own legs. Then I snapped back into place raising my arms far above my head reaching outwards to nothing in particular. I felt a huge difference in my body. As I tried to open my eyes I noticed that they were no longer there. I also noticed that my all my power had returned to me.

"Back to sensing with my enhanced hearing." I said to no one in particular. With my improved hearing I could see my surroundings much of the same way that a bat does. My supersonic hearing was weak, unfortunately due to the lack of usage. I couldn't see very far but it was enough to get by for now. The trees around me gave shape in my mind but everything lacked color and for that I actually missed my eyes. I touched my face with my hand relishing in the smooth blankness of it.

As I took stared walking forward with no direction in my mind I began to reflect on the recent incidents. I was taken away from home by a random unicorn then,I went through the worst pain possible as my body changed into a mortal state and was given eyes. For once I could see the world around me with it's wonderful color. Now I was back to being trapped within this colorless vision. Everything grey lacking color. How would I explain this to my family? Do they know that I am missing? Do they even care? What if they are better of without me? No I can't question myself like this, I had to protect the Garden that was now in danger. My family could take care of themselves, regardless my duty came above everything. I had a duty that I needed to fulfill. My creator had given me his blessing and gave me back my immortal body and returned my powers tenfold. Yet I couldn't help but feel unsatisfied. They say that you never really miss something until it's gone.

My mind had started to wander as I walked aimlessly. My vision blurred for a second. Weird, a ringing in my ear clouded what I could see yet, that wouldn't explain the drowsiness in my body. If I had a mouth I'm sure I would be breathing raggedly. Suddenly I could feel my sister touching my right shoulder. I quickly turn to my right and reach out only to grasp nothing there and my sister no longer there. What was that? Strange I was so sure that she was there. Could the sword be doing this? It did make me hallucinate and mess with my mind. I sat down for a second to rest my weary legs. I could hear civilization bustling with activity. It was still awhile off but it was the middle of the day and I could hear shouting approaching in the distance. The words were incomprehensible, but I could tell that they were approaching the forrest. I stood back up and walked towards the strange creatures walking slowly as they entered the forrest. I could now tell they were ponies, there were three of them all together. One had a horn just like the pony responsible for putting me here. The other had wings while the other had neither a horn nor wings. The one with wings was riding a strange contraption with two wheels on it. In between the wheels a metallic plank held the wheels from falling. They looked like little fillies and they appeared to be smiling and having fun. I was just about to go towards them when an overwhelming sense of uneasiness washed over me. My feet became firmly planted and my arms felt like lead. It was then that I felt a red aura swirl around me. Its origin was of course, the sword. Even sheathed it was a dangerous weapon. I felt a sharp agonizing pain ride up my spine causing my legs to buckle and drive me to my knees. I looked up and I felt an apparition appear before me.

" How would it feel to rip out your heart I wonder? Do you even have one? Maybe we should walk into to town killing them all like little lambs led to the slaughter. That would be most satisfying." I could feel the apparition cling to me in sadistic glee as I could only imagine the blood thirst in it's eyes. " It's a shame really, you set us free only to bind us back to that awful sword. We only want to bathe in the madness of everything around us, is that too much to ask for?"

"What are you?" I finally managed to mutter through the pain.

"Funny you should ask, we are..." It abruptly closed it's mouth and thought to itself for a minute before responding." Never you mind what we are. We can't exactly tell you since you aren't a real player in the game, but if you break me from that sword I will gladly grace you with letting you become my personal servant. Imagine the countless power I could grant you, imagine the madness we could spread, the insanity, the sweet, sweet insanity that will destroy nations with just a few loose screws. HAHAHAHAHA, I'm trembling with anticipation! Say yes, please do I have so many plans that simply must be dealt with and you would be a most powerful ally that I could use." Whatever it was, was jumping like a little kid given a lollipop. Laughing manically as if it knew some secret joke.

" I will not serve you. I am bound to the Creator, I shall forever serve him with my life and there is nothing you can say do to ever dissuade me." I slowly rose from my knees. My body slowly fighting back against the apparition. " I will destroy you apparition in the name of the Creator!" I finally managed to shrug off the last of the pain and stood up to my full height and drew the sword. A dark aura emitted from my body clashing with the apparitions.

"Apparition! I am no apparition you simpleton, I am Cassius the mad, the spirit of madness!" I was soon overwhelming Cassius with my dark aura, I could see that victory was in my favor. "I will find you boy, trust me I will! You shall regret not accepting my deal." With a final push my aura conquered over Cassius, vanquishing his presence from the blade forever. I fell to the ground with exhaustion. It was then that I got a better look at my blade. It was midnight black and had engraved into the hilt of it "Oath and Honor" with silver lettering. I sheathed my blade and quickly fell into slumber.

My mind finally at ease for once to catch a good rest. I began to dream about my home and my family. It was more of a memory than it was a dream. It was a long time ago when we had everyone there. My brother was there too. He grabbed my shoulder and patted my back reassuringly. I woke up with a start. Looking around unfamiliar with my surrounding. Then I remembered where I was and what I had to do. Sighing deeply I rested my head back on the hard ground. I slowly crept back to my feet to assess my situation and what would the best course of action would be. Suddenly I could heard a snap from a twig. I drew my blade and readied myself for a possible clash. "Who is there? Show yourself! Stand and fight me with honor." For some reason I could not feel their presence which meant that they were powerful or could mask their aura. Either or meant bad news for me. While I was strong I knew that I was a terrible magic user. I made up for that with my skill and agility. Then I heard a familiar voice one I thought long dead.

"Brother? Is that you Brother?" I suddenly felt his aura and knew that I had found my long lost brother. If it were possible I would be beaming. I was about to run up to him when I was filled with suspicion. No this thing couldn't be my brother. Then again aura's do not lie. I decided to play it safe and talk to him from afar.

"Slendy, is that you? It can't be you, you left all those eons ago. We thought you to be dead" Suspicion still in my voice as I still had my sword pointed at him. I was wavering however clearly perturbed at the thought of finding my brother after eons passed from he went missing.

" 'Afraid so little brother. It has been awhile since I've last been in the garden. How is the family??"

"They're good. Last time I was there at least. You've been gone a long time, what happened to you?"

" Well a dragon had made his way into the territory the last time I was there. It was one hell of a fight, especially alone. I managed to get the upper hand though, just as I killed him he opened up a rift back to his world. That rift became destabilized with the death of it's creator. It turned awry and it sucked me in to this world. Been wondering ever since. The ponies fear me running away calling me slender pony. Though I don't think I look like a pony, do I? Then again I have enchantments on me to frighten away creatures."

"Wait you understand their strange tongue?" I asked clearly shocked that he could understand the hogwash they spoke. Sounded more like grunts and gurgles from an unintelligent creature.

"Yea I understand them enough. You kind of catch on when you've been wondering for eons. To be honest I'm just glad to be out of the Badlands, Large Ass Hellhole is what it should be called. You wouldn't believe the crap that is in there. Managed to scare some vamponies and zomponies though. Still don't get how I could scare them. I mean does it not sound ridiculous for an undead being to run away frightened?" he chuckled slightly.

"Yea maybe a tad bit, but what is this Badlands you speak of?" I asked clearly confused with the strange name.

"It's in the middle of nowhere and filled with a bunch of crap I'd rather not face again, so don't worry about it. How did you get here?" So I told him how it all started and even told him my fight with the timber wolves. He seemed a bit apprehensive when I told him of my meeting with the creator. He accepted it as it was however and seemed to stare at me wide eyed as I told him of my mental battle with the apparition. When I finished he still stared at me wide eyed. " What?"

"You just fought of a Spirit, nonetheless the Spirit of Madness."

"That is what it called itself but, what does that mean?"

" When I was in the garden I was the only one with permission to know the contents of the tome. We all had special tasks that none other than me really knew. I was the Record Keeper, keeping track of all history and memorizing it all. That also meant knowing the history of how we were born. You are the Gateway. The bridge between both worlds. Valentine is the Guardian the true protector of the Garden. Mother is the Gaea of the land nourishing the Garden and keeping it apart from this world. Father is the Time Keeper he is the one that controls the flow of time allowed in the land. Mother and Father know their roles, I told them but I never got around to tell you or sis. I was whisked away before I could have the chance. However as Record Keeper I know that the creator created everything as it is. He created two separate creeds to protect and destroy this world. One creed was known as Elementals while the other was known as Spirits. These creeds are immortal and cannot age, however they can die I believe. I am not sure how but that much I do know. There where certain parts in the tome that I was not allowed to read. For it was for the Creators eyes alone."

My eyes opened wide as I tried to comprehend all that was said. "So what were we created for then?" I asked hesitant to know the answer.

" I believe that we are the last stand in the Creator's army, I have seen them here and there. There is an upcoming battle one that will forever change this world and we are to take part in it. It will be a war that this world has not seen in some time. It will cause huge rifts and many will be slaughtered. It will be a war between the creeds. All we can do is stand with the Creator and help as much as we can."

His words pierced me and seemed to hit home. I stood there dumbstruck. Everything that had been taught to me was only to lead me up to a huge battle. Would I die? I plopped to the ground and sat there not knowing what to do. "So now what?" I asked almost not wanting to hear the answer.

"We wait until were needed and we continue on your quest to kill that unicorn." With that he offered me his hand which I gladly took.

Comments ( 13 )

Still a couple mistakes here and there, but overall it's looking pretty good. Except for how long it took for you to post this chapter.

1342117 yea i had it written awhile ago but i kept trying to proofread it and get rid of as many mistakes as possible and then i got lazy and eventually said fuck might as well post it. so hopefully won't take me as long as before but a lot of surprises coming up, with a lot of more questions.

If you need a proof reader/ editor I'd be glad to help. Cause, I'm just that amazing.dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Lyra_dealwithit.png

thank you, you have no idea how much help you'll be I tend to speed through while writing and i make tons of errors.
thanks a lot

Same here, if you need anyone to go through the proof read copy for any mistakes that may be left, I could go through it! :twilightsheepish:

1342725 sweet that's great may need help with the other crossovers as well if you don't mind everything will connect latter on and it's too big to put it all in one story and doesn't give justice to the main characters in it.

so this slenderman is the brother of slendy AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

1344049 slenderman originated from Slendy due to his wanderings to get back home.

1344059 oh WELL FINE!!!!! :fluttershyouch:

Makes me curious on what would happen if his sister got her hands on that sword. Also, I could totally see the Faceless Ones starting a major cataclysmic event.

i.canvasugc.com/ugc/original/6889252912b6f37d5e8b1f106e2dde95e87c92e1.jpg

On a side note, I have read rare accounts of blind people seeing and, when they do, they describe the world more visually and beautifully than most that have seen it for the longest time. Just throwing it out there. Anyways, this is a great read in my opinion. Can't wait to see where it goes.

2221135 thank you for your input and i'll take your advice to heart.

Login or register to comment