• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,788 Views, 41 Comments

Faceless One - malfarious



This is a tale of wrought and destruction and a name that none can remember.

  • ...
5
 41
 1,788

New Land

"Ugh I feel like shit" I looked around with the eyes I was just given moments ago. Everything was so bright that it was hard to tell what was what. I closed my eyes and felt the world around as I had always done before I had eyes. I felt the vibrations of life around me each thing emitting a wave of energy. The bigger the object the more energy I felt from it but as I felt the waves of energy it started to become overwhelming. There was so much life within the small radius of where I stood that it became overwhelming so I just opened my eyes again to get a better understanding of where I was. Suddenly the pain in my eyes began to dull and my eyes adjusted to the light and I was washed with beauty. The tree stood in front of me branches procuring from it and leaves growing from them and the color of it was simply divine. I had never before seen color or miniscule descriptions of my surroundings as I had now. It was the first thing I had seen that did not hurt me and i adored it like a musician adores music or an artist adores artwork. I was awestruck by such grace and I could only gawk at something so plain yet so define. I could see the grooves within the tree working way smaller holes to which smaller creatures walked upon the tree in search of food perhaps. These creatures were smaller than the leaves on the tree and had tiny antennas protruding from their head. They looked so weird yet as I attempted to grab one as soon as my hand brushed against it, it lifelessly fell to the ground never to live again. I picked it up with my hand and almost cried. Tear welling upon my eyes,

" What had this creature done to deserve death? It simply lived and was probably looking for food to take to it's family. Now that it is dead who will now take food to it?" Guilt had overridden my conscious. I looked around desperately for food to feed them and found a bushel of strange looking berries. As i walked over to them to pluck one my hand touched the bushel and the entire thing fell away and withered like death had taken hold of it.

" Oh no. I'm a monster to kill with the slight of a touch. Why am i cursed to kill all that is around me!" I cried aloud pathetically. Me, a guardian of a secret world reduced to tears by a mere bushel. What were these strange feelings taken a hold of me in such weird ways? It felt like a burning hot liquid was burning deep within me like inside me was the core to a volcano. I felt a weird sensation growing in my chest and a warmth started to run within me creating my body to feel a strange heat circulating it.

" What is this? What is happening to me? That creature did something to me!" I looked at my hands, dark sinewy and almost transparent they began to change I could feel them liven as they became solid filled with life my entire body slowly followed. Fear was pumping through me as my entire body felt the sick working of it becoming solid and worst of all mortal.

"That must be it, I am becoming a mortal because I have left our land?" Many questions raced across my mind. I needed to find my way back home. Every second not there increases the danger to our land. Then suddenly it dawned on me. Maybe this Ce-les-tia person knew a way out of here. Only one way to tell. I wiped the tears from my eyes no use in crying when my family needed me back home. As I looked around me I could see that I was surrounded in a forest filled with dark trees and strange sets of eyes surrounded it unnerved. I could then hear growling surrounding all around me and found that strange wood-like wolves surrounded me from all sides and they appeared to have a never ending number of them coming from some of the trees and some from the darkness and more from bushes. More and more of them came to flock around me as if I was a sheep and they were bandits lured in by treasure. This wasn't going to end well. I reached for where my sword would normally be and realized as I grabbed for it that I had left it at home. " Shit this day can't get any worse can it?" I looked for any escape but there was no way out. I would have to punch straight through them and hopefully find a gap to escape them. It was a terrible plan but it was the only one that seemed to fit perfectly unless praying to some all powerful being to shine down mercy upon me. Hey worth a shot right?

" Dear omnipotent and powerful being that certainly must exist, please save me and send me that pony too so i can kill him and can you send me home also, uhh i guess you can just put that on my tab or whatever it is that pretty much means IOU. Umm, yeah that's it and the wolves are still there." I looked up towards the sky raising my voice," Would it killl you to at least give me a weapon??" Yet again nothing stopped the advancement of the endless army of tree wolves closing the distance.

" Yea that didn't work guess miracles are too overrated for him. Always knew payers didn't wor-" I was cut off by a wild leap of one of the wolves trying to get his chow on before i was ready. Woah, calm down there buddy I'll get to killing you all in a minute can you give me to just like mentally prepare myself??" My question was answer by another wild leap. "Guess not huh?" Another wolf jumped only to receive my fist through his mouth and out of his throat an orange-like substance covered my hand that felt like sap on my fingers. I grimaced as I pulled out of him only to have three other wolves pounce on my at the same time to which I delivered three quick blows to each of their chests leaving huge gaping holes where I struck them. Soon it became a game of inevitable defeat. A jump here, a punch here more of the sap-like stuff spewing all over the place. The bodies built up around creating a mound of bodies of the wolves that attacked. That's when i started to get tired. Which was weird it felt like my body was wearing out so soon. It had to be true I had to have become a mortal and was limited to only so much now. That's when it started to escalate. The wolves still kept coming in endless waves. Then i felt one dig it's claw into my back to which he was rewarded with an elbow to the face decapitating him. Then one of the bite my shoulder while another my leg. I spun in a hurricane like move shrugging them all off and drove my hand through all of them but this time there where no gaping holes just indents to where my fist landed. I was becoming tired quickly and the mound of bodies served as a prison wall keeping me in. Still I kept punching and twirling to kill as many as possible. My movements started to slow down and become more sluggish exhaustion taking it's toll on me. They managed to claw my back and both my legs. I kicked them away only to stumble on a body and fall backwards. They swarmed me like vultures jumping on me all at once overwhelming. I could feel their hot filthy salvia drip over and the fangs sinking into my flesh and suddenly my eyes glowed with a dark black filling them to the brim full of power, my body radiated with a dark waves of energy and released it in a huge circle expanding outwards, incinerating all that stood in it's way. As my body finished releasing the energy the glowing dimmed and faded away. Then I slowly drifted into unconsciousness.