• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 3,971 Views, 63 Comments

Marine in Equestria - Buddy



This is story about a marine that was already for war, but gets thrown in Equestria

  • ...
14
 63
 3,971

From War to Animals

As I aimed I looked at the cloud and thought it was odd that it wasn't moving and was so similarly shaped to a building that it reminded me of a castle.

"Oh well" I said as I pulled the trigger. Three rounds shot out of my M249 and the sound echoed around me.

That's when I heard a scream of an animal as it fell out of the sky. I watched a bird fall and hit the ground. Then a another scream, but it sounded a lot like the ponies and was filled with fear then pain.

I looked back at the ponies and saw they were in shock at the sounds of my M249 and the screams. They looked at each other and yelled out "FLUTTERSHY" and started running towards the sound. I looked at them in confusion and started running behind them. Thinking, ‘I'm most likely following goat in the desert and I'm so high I can't see them for what they really are.’

I caught up to them and there was another pony, but it was yellow with pink hair and had wings. The pony was holding the bird, it looked like a pheasant and I must have taken out its heart or lung. It was dead and there was nothing anyone could do.

The yellow pony looked up at me as I stood over them. They only came up to my waist when they were standing on all fours and she was sitting down. I had a guilty look on my face. It jumped up and screamed that I killed the bird and she was looking right at it. Then she stood up faster than I could blink and started to fly in my face.
“YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KILLED THIS INNOCENT ANIMAL AREN'T YOU.” she screamed at me.

I looked at her confused, her eyes remind me of the Drill Instructors in bootcamp and how they could eat the souls of most people. I stood there and with all my strength. I looked at her and started to yell back.

“Its a fucking bird and yes I killed I didn't mean to, but I did either way we could stand here blaming me or bury the damn thing.” Her eye burning on me I could feel that I was losing my strength.

When the Rainbow dash put her hoof and her shoulder and said.

“He’s right you know. I mean what good would it do to get mad at him.”

“I know but why did it have to be her she just got better from a bad cold.” she answered

I had fallen on my ass after the whole stare down. I was used to being stared at but, that was like no other. ‘Never back down. Never back down.’ I yelled repeatedly in my head. That was the only way I got through her stare. Her eyes would have made me drop me to my knees If not for Rainbow Dash. Hell, I bet even a Drill Instructor would love to learn that stare to use on their recruits.

I looked up at them they and all look at with displeasure.

“What I admit, It I was wrong ok. you happy now?” I said not trying to yell just get them off my back about it.

“Good sir we are looking for an apology.” Rarity snapped at me

“Ok, I’m sorry ok it’s not going to do anything though it’s dead either way. I could get you a small coffin if that would make you happy. All I did was aim at that cloud that look like a building." I said while grabbing a empty ammo can. it was just like any other ammo can you would find it was green and had the 5.56 number on is saying what kind of ammo was in it. it was larger then most ammo cans do to the fact it was made to hold belt ammo and 2 drums of them.

I took the can out and added a pair extra boot socks inside and made a coffin for the bird. I put my hand on her hoof and said sadly, "Its in a better place. Its suffering is over and is resting forever. no pain will come to the animal ever again."

She looked happier after I said that. I dug a small hole with my E. tool and buried the bird. Her friends seem to be comforting her at the moment I walked toward the road and looked for any sign of anyone else.

Twilight came up to me as I sat down and asked.

"How did you kill a bird that was flying, and how could have you gone through a building." I looked at her confused and said.

“My M249 and I didn't shoot a building I shot a cloud."

I pointed to the cloud that I aimed at. Her face looked shocked yelling,

"You shot Rainbow Dash's room. with that metal thing." I pulled out a 5.56 round and showed her. She took the round looked at it and said very confused,

"I don't get it."

“Well you see the tip is a bullet and behind it is gun powder with a primer so all I need to do is tap the back end with a firing pin and boom a flying projectile that can take down most anything with one shot. I would say you most likely have a cross bow right? That can make a bolt or an arrow fly I'm guessing. This is specifically made for injuring other humans.”

"Wait you kill your own kind? How could you do such a thing what would make you do that?" she said in shocked

"Will let just say we are not the nicest race on earth. We fight for some good things like love, friends, country and freedoms and also the bad such as money, power, control and land. Being the person that does the fighting you meet two different type of in the world either they respect you or hate you for the fact you kill for the greater good. I just don't get it I'm just doing a job that the government told me to do. I can't just say no the military is needed to defend the country without it anyone could come in and take over then what we just sit there and let them take all we have."

"So you have limited resources in your home you can’t just live with what you have." she responded

"Yes, that is right we have limited resources and no we always want more. That is what makes human race so good and bad we are greedy and yet it drives us you make cars, and guns, hell even the nuke. We want it all and if something gets in our way we will move it with or without force but it will move. Nothing so far can really stop us and yet coming here seem to be a good thing yet bad I mean whats the strongest weapon you have miss Twilight." I said

"Well smith that would be the Elements of Harmony. They even stopped discord the god of chaos and turned Princess Luna back to normal." she said with more pride than anything

"How can you stop a god? If it is a god then that means it should be so powerful it can even destroy a whole planet at will, if you have that under control you could use that as a good threat to keep the humans away, but this should be told to your leaders." I said

"He’s right Twilight its time we go and talk with the Princesses." said Rarity. All the others were behind us and were listening to me talk about humans.

"Alright lets get going I'm going to need some answers about this place." I said while I stood up and looked at the sky and saw a chariot with two ponies with wings were pulling it as it flew through the sky look at it I said "What's that?" I pointed at the chariot flying right at us. Twilight's face went pale as it landed on the ground. It had two ponies inside the chariot one was a bit larger than the other one they both came out running like mad at us. They both had jewelry with a horn and wings. The bigger one ran and kicked me with its back legs right in the sapi plates on my chest I was lucky that I had my main pack on as I flew. I land right on it which broke my fall.

"WHAT THE FUCK! God damn it that hurt you fucking asshole you could have killed me. Really who do you think you are I should shoot your ass tell nothing is left fucking asshole what the hell did I do fucker.” I screamed in pain. rubbed my sappy pates the front one had broke into four pieces. I looked at the the one that kick me its horn was glowing and was aimed at me. The other one was in front of Twilight and her friends just behind the bigger one.

"So your people have returned to this land and you are most likely a scout for the rest of you humans. I will not let you destroy the world me and my sister made for our people. I will gladly see you killed by my own hooves before your kind return to this land!” she screamed at me with all her power.

Her horn was glowing bright gold and aimed at me as it fired a beam.