• Published 9th Dec 2020
  • 944 Views, 82 Comments

[CANCELLED] The Revival of the Tambelonian Empire - AlphaWP



After the Legion of Doom is turned to stone, an ancient evil, the real Grogar returns.

  • ...
6
 82
 944

Chapter 11: Tambelon

CHAPTER 11: TAMBELON

The heroes gathered their supplies and prepared to finally reach Tambelon. Twilight spoke to the Bushwoolie Chief: “Thank you for everything.”

The Chief and Fluffybottom III smiled. The former placed his staff on Twilight’s hoof. “We are thankful to you as well. We wish you luck facing the Blue Demon.”

Twilight nodded and turned to her friends. “Is everypony ready?”

She could hear multiple voices saying either “yes” or “yeah.”

She smiled. “Good. Then let’s face a ram.”


Around an hour later, the heroes found themselves in the darkest part of the forest. Discord, Celestia, and Luna felt a magical disturbance.

Discord frowned. “I sense Grogar is nearby.”

Celestia and Luna nodded at each other. “We do as well,” Luna said.

“Then we need to be careful,” Sunset advised.

“Is anypony else scared right now?” Fluttershy asked.

“We all are, Fluttershy,” Applejack answered. “We all are.”

Sunburst read the map. “Tambelon is nearby. Grogar no doubt has someone patrolling, so we should be careful.”

“Agreed,” Trixie replied.

That was when they heard a noise coming from the trees and bushes. “What was that?” Starlight asked fearfully.

“I’m scared to find out,” Flash replied.

Twilight charged her horn and blasted the bushes. She heard an unnatural squeal, and out of the bush came what looked like a large pig creature with red eyes and behind it were other creatures who looked similar.

The creature in front spoke: “I am Lieutenant Drog—servant of Emperor Grogar and leader of the Troggles. Surrender or die!”

Pinkie Pie frowned. “Never! Fire ‘em up, everypony!”

Those who had magic charged their horns and blasted magic at Frog, only for him to use what seemed to be a strange staff that caused the magic to bounce away from him. The more they fired, the closer Drog got to them, before one of the blasts hit Twilight.

“Twilight!” Spike yelled.

Twilight fell to the ground and closed her eyes.


Twilight found herself in a strange black void. “Where am I?”

She heard a voice behind her: “Where you always are—your mind.”

Looking in the voice’s direction, Twilight saw a hooded alicorn-like figure in a black cloak with red eyes. The figure had a black coat and a dark gray tail protruded from the back of the cloak. The hood had a hole in it where a curved purple horn stuck out, and Twilight could see wings under the cloak, covered but still partially visible.

Twilight tried to charge her horn, but to no avail.

The figure smiled—its dark grin chilled Twilight to the bone. “Don’t bother trying to use your magic here—it won’t work.”

“Who are you? Where are we?”

The figure smiled. “We’re in your mind. I have many names, but you’re smart, so I’ll only tell you one of them: The Destroyer.”

“The Destroyer?” Twilight’s eyes opened in shock. “As in the Destroyer from the story of Lady Eclipsa? But you’re just a legend.”

“Legends are often, if not always, based on truth. I am the Destroyer, but why be so formal? You may call me Master Orthodox.”

Twilight frowned. “What do you want with me? What part do you have to play in this?”

Orthodox chuckled. “I’m quite disappointed you hadn’t connected the pieces. Let me tell you a story. Long ago, there were two beings: Eclipsa, the Lady of Creation, and me, the Master of Destruction. For many centuries, we existed in balance with each other, and I loved her as a sister, but when ponies began to admire Eclipsa’s work and shun mine, I was angry. So, I did what anyone would do—I confronted her about it. But when she acted as though I was ungrateful and irrational, I became angry; I used my power against her, and a fight broke out between us. Tension grew between the two of us, and that caused the first ponies of Equus to take sides. Many sided with her and many sided with me, and thus, war broke out. In the war, I made my creations, and Eclipsa made hers. After many battles between us, she finally banished me and my army to the Dark Netherworld.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “And then what happened?”

Orthodox sighed. “Well, over the next few millennia, I waited patiently, and started to manipulate the creatures of Equus in an attempt to free myself. But they all failed—or at least, that was until Grogar. He and Angus both were my most loyal servants, and they ultimately succeeded in overthrowing a threat to my power: King Cosmos and Queen Galaxia.”

“As in the—”

Orthodox interrupted Twilight. “Parents of the former Royal Sisters? Yes, indeed. Angus was the one who destroyed them, and the young princesses were put under the care of Gusty’s apprentice, Star Swirl. Needless to say, Angus was eventually imprisoned by that ‘self-righteous Gusty the Great,’ and yet, Grogar still stood strong. He overpowered Gusty during their first fight, and he became a way for my influence to spread across the land. When he was banished to the Realm of Darkness though, I kept trying to manipulate many creatures over the years—starting with the Storm King and ending with Cozy Glow.”

“Wait, you’re the reason for why all those villains are evil? So you’re controlling them?”

Orthodox laughed. “No. Not exactly. I have some control over creature’s minds but not completely. I can only alter their thoughts and speak through them. And while I may have influenced them in their trip to villainy, it was ultimately their choice. I only helped push them in that direction.”

“Well, my friends and I have stopped every one of your villains! And we’ll stop you! You may have manipulated them, but you can’t manipulate us! We are heroes and as Princess of Equestria, I won’t let you hurt anypony!”

Orthodox laughed evilly. “But who do you think set off the chain of events that would lead to you becoming so?”

Twilight gasped. “Wait, what are you saying?”

“I used whatever power I could get through the barrier that keeps me from Equestria to allow me to indirectly cause everything you have ever faced. I moved the stars in the sky to allow Nightmare Moon to escape. I filled those ‘Cutie Mark Crusaders’ with thoughts of anger that would allow the draconequus’ petrification to end. I ensured that Chrysalis knew of the wedding between your brother and Princess Cadance, and would be able to feed off of the love radiating from it. I returned Sombra and the Crystal Empire to the Arctic. I was indirectly responsible for Star Swirl’s spell getting out of hoof and allowing you to become a princess. I used my influence in the Human Realm so that Sunset Shimmer would know of your crown’s power. I weakened the magic of the Tree of Harmony so the Plundervines would be able to invade. I allowed Cerberus to leave his post and thus let Tirek become free of his prison. I gave the Sirens the ability to control all those in your pathetic school in the Human World. I made sure that Starlight Glimmer would have enough power to steal a village’s Cutie Marks and be able to alter the time-travel spell. I then gave Chrysalis a second chance at invasion, and even after she failed, I made certain that she would escape. I altered your spell to free the Pillars from Limbo so that Stygian would return as well. I gave the Storm King the desire to conquer Equestria. And when that brat Cozy Glow drained the magic of Equestria, it weakened the walls of my prison that I was able to finally free Grogar.”

Twilight gained a scared look in her eyes. “Why?! Why go through all of that trouble?”

“Because I wanted to ensure you were who I needed to take my place.”

“What do you mean, ‘take your place?’”

“When Grogar enacts his spell, a portal to my prison will open. You and your friends will be pulled into it, and you shall take my army’s place! You will be trapped in the Dark Netherworld, and I will be able to destroy Equestria with no threats to my power!”

“No! My friends and I will stop you! You won’t win!”

“My oblivious princess, I already have. You’ll want to get back to Tambelon. The spell will be cast at midnight tonight. Cheerio, princess. I look forward to your demise.”


Twilight woke up to see that the Troggles were on the ground defeated, and her friends were standing around her.

“Twilight? Are you okay?” Starlight asked.

Twilight got on her hooves and looked around. “What happened?”

“You were knocked down by Lieutenant Drog’s staff,” Luna answered.

Discord had a genuine look of worry in his eyes. “You’re lucky you weren’t hurt too badly. A blast like that can kill certain creatures.”

Twilight had a worried expression.

Applejack put a hoof on Twilight’s foreleg. “What’s wrong, sugarcube? Is everythin’ okay?”

Twilight let out a long sigh. “No. I saw… something while I was unconscious.”

“What kind of something?” Rainbow asked.

“A stallion. His name was Orthodox.”

Discord, Celestia, and Luna’s faces quickly turned to a shocked look. The others wondered what was going on.

“This is not good,” Celestia said.

Luna became worried. “That name is one my sister and I have not heard for over 1,000 years.”

“Who was he?” Starlight asked.

Discord snapped his claw, and the ponies were surrounded by what looked like a vision of Orthodox and a mare looking like him battling with each other. “Orthodox is an ancient being; older than Equus itself.”

“Older than Equus?” Rarity asked, shocked.

Luna replied: “Indeed. He was banished by his sister to the Dark Netherworld over 1,000,000 moons ago.

Celestia frowned mournfully. “If he is appearing to Twilight, then there must be more to this than meets the eye.”

Discord made the vision disappear.

Twilight sighed. “He said he was going to use Grogar to send us to his prison—and that he would be free in our place.”

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow. “So, this ‘Orthodox’ is just using Grogar?”

Fluttershy gained a look of sadness. “Then is Grogar really just a victim?”

Discord shook his head. “No. Orthodox may be Grogar’s master, but Grogar is doing this of his own free will. He’s as much to blame as Orthodox.”

Fluttershy frowned. “Oh.”

As the others began talking about going to Tambelon, Flash approached Twillight. “Twilight?”

She turned to him. “Yes, Flash?”

Flash was blushing. “Since we’re about to fight for our lives, I just wanted to tell you that—”

Just then, Drog woke up and jumped between the two, causing them to scream.

“You thought you could stop me? Now you will pay the price!” He used a beam of electricity from his staff that shocked everyone, and through whatever magic was in it, caused them to become motionless.

Drog turned to the other Troggles. “Take the ponies and their friends to the dungeons.” He turned around to look at the trapped Twilight. “I’ll take this one to Emperor Grogar.”