• Published 9th Dec 2020
  • 944 Views, 82 Comments

[CANCELLED] The Revival of the Tambelonian Empire - AlphaWP



After the Legion of Doom is turned to stone, an ancient evil, the real Grogar returns.

  • ...
6
 82
 944

Chapter 9: Bushwoolies

CHAPTER 9: BUSHWOOLIES

The Friendship Express arrived at a station around the far reaches of Southwest Equestria. “We have arrived at our final destination!” the conductor shouted.

The ponies and their friends exited the train and began walking toward what seemed to be a large forest.

“What is this place?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Sunburst grabbed the map from Fluttershy. “It’s known as the ‘Undiscovered West’ because nopony in the last few centuries has dared explore it, due to the existence of a local tribe that supposedly attempts to eat anything that trespasses their land.”

Fluttershy stopped in her tracks. “Eat them? Are you sure it’s too late to turn back?”

“It definitely is,” Applejack responded. “We’ve made it this far, and I’ll be darned if we don’t go through.”

Twilight smiled. “Don’t worry, Fluttershy. I’ve been researching some new spells that can help us if things go wrong.”

Fluttershy looked as though she was relieved, but still scared at the same time. “Okay. I trust you.”

Rainbow Dash flew into the air. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go!”

“Not so fast,” Starlight said. “We don’t know this jungle. We should stick together.”

“Come on, Starlight!”

“Starlight is right,” Twilight said. “We should stay close and also on the ground.”

Fluttershy smiled. “I like Twilight’s idea.”

“So, when are we actually going to enter the forest?” Trixie asked. “Because otherwise we’re just wasting time.”

Twilight smiled and turned to the forest. “Now. Come on, everypony, and stay together.”

After walking for a while, Sunset approached Twilight. “So, Twilight, how are you?”

“Honestly? I’m worried about Flurry Heart. What if Grogar does something to her?!”

Spike, having heard this, walked up to his big sister figure. “We won’t let that happen, Twilight. I promise.”

“Thanks, Spike. Thank both of you.”

“You’re welcome, Twilight,” Sunset replied. “I’m going to talk to Flash now.” Sunset looked behind her at Flash, who was constantly looking around and practically sweating. “Something tells me he might be a bit scared.”

Sunset walked over to Flash Sentry and waved. “Hey, you might not know me, but I’m—”

“Sunset Shimmer? I’ve heard about you. I know you went from a selfish pony to a great hero. You seem pretty cool.”

“Really? Thanks.”

Flash looked over at Twilight and then back at Sunset. “Sunset, do you think you can keep a secret?”

“I keep secrets all the time for my friends back in the Human World. So I guess I can keep another.”

“Good. Because there’s something that I just really need to tell somepony.” Flash thought about holding back, but finally decided to tell. “I like Princess Twilight.”

Sunset’s eyes opened wide. “Really? How long has this been going on?”

“Since I first bumped into her years ago. It was small at first, but then it kept growing and growing, and now, I’m absolutely crazy about her. But, of course, what chance would a common pegasus guard like me have with an amazing and beautiful alicorn princess like her?”

Sunset smiled. “More than you might think. Just be yourself—mares like a stallion who’s not afraid to be himself around them.”

“You think so?”

“I know so. After all, I am a mare.”

Flash smiled. “Thank you, Sunset. I really needed that talk. Although, I don’t think I’m ready to tell her how I feel just yet.”

“I understand. I like someone just like you in my world. I’m not ready to tell him either.”

The two ponies continued to talk while traveling through the forest. Little did they know they were being watched.


Grogar was staring at his Crystal Ball, which showed Twilight and her friends walking through a forest. “So, those ponies think they will be able to arrive at Tambelon and destroy my power? They shall indeed arrive here, but in chains!”

Bray entered the room from a nearby corridor. “Master, what are you doing?”

Grogar looked at Bray and smiled. “I am preparing to send out a squadron of Troggles after Twilight Sparkle and her friends.”

Bray tilted his head curiously. “Really, master? Will I be leading them?”

“No, my friend. I require you here at the castle.”

“Then who is to lead them?”

Grogar’s eyes glowed red. “One of the most powerful soldiers in our army—Lieutenant Drog.”

Bray’s eyes opened wide. “Drog? Was he not the one who conspired to overthrow you during the final years of the Bell Wars?”

“Indeed, he was.”

Bray frowned. “Then why did you resurrect him?”

Grogar chuckled. “Because, Bray, he may have been an unfaithful servant, but he was my most powerful soldier in the entire Troggle army.”

“And how are you certain that he won’t attempt to betray you again?”

“Because I cast a spell on him that arms me with complete control over his mind. A spell so powerful that not even Princess Twilight can break it!”

Bray’s frown became a sadistic smile. “Pure genius, master!”

Grogar smiled. “Indeed. You are dismissed, General.”

Bray exited through the corridor and a few moments later, a large creature entered the throne room. It was a tall orange creature with red hair that stuck out of a silver helmet, and it also had pig-like facial features. It wore a blue shirt with a purple belt, blue pants, and purple boots. Its eyes glowed a bright red.

Grogar set his gaze upon it and smiled menacingly. “You know what to do, Drog.” The creature roared unnaturally in response.


After an hour of traveling, the heroes heard noises in the nearby bushes. Twilight charged her horn. “Everypony, stay close.”

The noises stopped, and Flash approached the bush. “I’ll see what’s going on, Twilight.” As he was looking through the bushes, he found nothing. However, when he thought nothing was there, a strange furry creature jumped on his face. He screamed: “Get it off! Get it off!”

Twilight levitated the creature with her magic and examined it. “What is this thing?”

“I know what that is!” Discord said, before putting on glasses from seemingly nowhere and making a book appear. “It’s a Bushwoolie.”

“A what?” Applejack asked.

“A Bushwoolie. They’re distantly related to Pukwudgies. The reason why nopony has ever dared explore here isn’t because the Bushwoolies eat ponies—it’s because they make strange noises to scare off any explorer that would try trespassing in the forest.”

Fluttershy saw the creature and smiled. “It’s so cute!”

The Bushwoolie turned to Twilight and frowned. “Put me down, or else I will destroy you!”

Twilight smiled. “Well, aren’t you a cute little guy?”

“Cute? I am Fluffbottom III of the Fluffbottom Clan! Let me down or else I shall unleash my army on you!”

After Twilight let Fluffbottom III down, Pinkie walked toward the creature and rubbed its belly. “Who’s a good angry Bushwoolie? You are!”

Fluffbottom III laughed. “St—stop rubbing me! I—I am—Fluffbottom III!” He continued to laugh hysterically.

“Well, we know that we’re not in any danger,” Trixie remarked. “But what do we do now?”

Sunburst looked at Trixie. “All that’s left is to find Tambelon.”

Fluffbottom III’s eyes opened wide. “Tambelon? I know where that is.”

Twilight smiled wide. “You do? Can you take us there?”

Fluffbottom III frowned. “Not so fast! You have to prove that you’re not a threat to the forest! Come with me to Bushwoolia, and there you will be tested by the Chief.”

“Who is the Chief?” Rainbow Dash asked.


The heroes were taken to the Bushwoolies’ home, where many of the fluffy creatures were playing. Fluttershy, seeing all of them, was in awe of their cuteness.

Fluffybottom brought the heroes to a small hut. “Only one of you may go in. That one of you will speak on your behalf. If the Chief finds you to be trustworthy, he will tell you the location of Tambelon.”

Sunset raised an eyebrow. “And if he doesn’t?”

“Then you will be banned from the forest and if you return, we will destroy you.”

Twilight gained a concerned look in her eyes and turned to her friends. “Who wants to talk to the Chief?”

Fluttershy put on a brave face. “I’ll do it.”

Rarity turned to Fluttershy. “Darling, are you sure?”

“Yes. I have to do this.”

Trixie turned to Starlight. “And she’s usually the scared one,” she remarked.

Fluttershy entered the hut and went before the Chief, who was sitting in a chair. “Are you the Chief?”

The Chief stood up and grabbed a stick—which was practically a staff for his size—and walked to Fluttershy.

“I have been told you wish to know the location of Tambelon. Is this correct?”

“Yes. My friends and I seek to destroy its ruler before he can destroy our home.”

The Chief was expressionless. “We Bushwoolies know of the being you speak of. The Blue Demon is powerful; it is foolish to confront him.”

“We know how to destroy his power, but we can’t do it without knowing where Tambelon is.”

The Chief pointed his staff at Fluttershy. “We Bushwoolies dare not go near the city. We have lost many of our kind to its inhabitants.”

Fluttershy frowned. “I’m sorry to hear that. My friend’s niece was taken by Tambelon’s army as well. That’s why we want to stop its ruler, so he can’t hurt anyone again.”

The Chief closed his eyes and placed the staff to Fluttershy’s hoof. “What you say is true.” He opened a small wooden chest in the corner of the room. From out of it, he pulled a folded piece of paper. “Take this.”

Fluttershy grabbed it. “What is it?”

“A map of our forest. We cannot take your party to the city, but this map will help you find it. We wish you great luck on your journey, but before you leave, you and your friends must stay here. It is dangerous to travel through the forest at night. We will provide you with food, shelter, and a warm place to sleep.”

Fluttershy smiled. “Thank you so much!”


The heroes waited outside of the hut nervously. That was when Fluttershy came out of it. Twilight had a worried look on her face. “What did the Chief say?”

Fluttershy showed her friends the map. “He said that we can stay here for the night. He’ll provide us with food, shelter, and a place to sleep!”

Sunset smiled. “That sounds nice.”

Rainbow Dash laughed. “It’s more than just nice—it’s awesome!”

“Indeed,” Rarity said. “It will be rather nice to get some rest after traveling for so long.”

Discord made a sleeping cap and pajamas appear on his body and conjured a teddy bear. “I’m excited to rest. Even an immortal draconequus needs his beauty-sleep.”

Twilight smiled. “Then it’s settled! We’ll stay here for the night.”

Fluffbottom walked toward the rest of the village. “I’ll show you to your rooms.”

As they followed behind Fluffbottom, a creature was watching them from the bushes. A creature with bright red eyes. Behind it was Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker. Nightmare Moon was smiling evilly. “Do you know what to do, Daybreaker?”

Daybreaker looked at Nightmare. “Indeed, I do, Nightmare. When we’re done, those ponies will wish it was Grogar attacking them!” The two beings laughed evilly. The nightmare was about to begin.