• Published 9th Dec 2020
  • 944 Views, 82 Comments

[CANCELLED] The Revival of the Tambelonian Empire - AlphaWP



After the Legion of Doom is turned to stone, an ancient evil, the real Grogar returns.

  • ...
6
 82
 944

Prologue

PROLOGUE: THE LEGEND OF GUSTY THE GREAT

“Long before the rule of the Royal Sisters and the founding of Equestria, the world of Ponyland was divided—shrouded in warfare and darkness. That was until a young unicorn mare, Gusty, united her fellow unicorns to put a stop to the wars.


A FEW HOURS OF READING LATER


She had already fought against the assassin Angus, taken Star Swirl as an apprentice, and become a respected warrior in Equus. However, her greatest challenge had just begun. She had united the unicorns and earth ponies under her command to finally end the Bell War, and now all she needed were the pegasi.

She and her army came to the pass on Dream Hill, and while nopony had ever tried to reach Cloudsdale on hoof, Gusty the Great was not deterred! She and her unicorn warriors marched up the hill. But suddenly, they encountered the treacherous Grogar, and Gusty could tell he was ready for battle.

Gusty called out to the unicorn warriors: ‘We can fight Grogar together!’

And the unicorn warriors shot magical beams into the clouds that wove into one! The beam, stronger than a thousand armies, shined down! It wrapped around Grogar and pulled him to the ground! ‘Don't let him escape!’ yelled Gusty! However, Grogar was strong, for fear gave him power, and he broke through the bonds!

Grogar attempted to hit Gusty with his magic, but before the blast could hit her, it was deflected by weapons shooting out of the sky! The pegasus army had arrived at their aid! Their leader, one of the future founders of Equestria, Commander Hurricane, charged with his army to the battlefield, and they rained down like lightning.

Gusty smiled, confident that her army would have a chance. That was when she saw the source of Grogar’s power—a talisman around his neck: his Bewitching Bell.

‘The bell. Attack the bell!’ she yelled. The warriors immediately turned to Grogar, trying to grab his bell.

Though Grogar appeared calm, Gusty saw the fear in his eyes. ‘The bell is nothing to me!’ he shouted. ‘It is nothing but a piece of my regalia.’

Gusty knew Grogar—he was clever but arrogant, and she used this to her advantage. ‘Then why don’t you take it off?’ she asked playfully.

Grogar smiled and unlatched the Bewitching Bell from around his neck. He held it in his hoof. ‘See, Gusty? The bell is nothing.’ Before he could reattach it however, Gusty managed to grab the bell in her magic and activated its power. The once-mighty Grogar cowered—he knew his defeat was near.

Gusty the Great activated the bell’s power and used it to open a portal to another realm. Grogar was pulled into the portal, and he was left powerless. She and her army attempted to destroy the bell, but no matter what they did, they couldn’t.

As a solution, Gusty took the bell to the tallest mountain in Ponyland: Mt. Everhoof. Sealing it in a cave, she created strong winds around the mountain, so that nocreature could reach its top.

Thus, the Bell Wars finally ended and Gusty the Great could finally rest, knowing that her fellow ponies would continue to maintain and uphold the values of their friendship and harmony for generations to come.”