• Published 6th May 2020
  • 6,071 Views, 568 Comments

The Amazing Sunset Shimmer - KozLeMage



My name is Sunset Shimmer. I was bitten by a radioactive spider... And for the past few months, I've been the one and only: Spider-Girl!

  • ...
13
 568
 6,071

PreviousChapters Next
Volume II - Chapter 14: Taskmaster

The sky was filled with dark clouds, menacing the city of the upcoming storm. In a dilapidated building that threatened to dry on itself, Spider-girl slowly opened her eyes, feeling the metallic taste of her blood inside her mouth. Her white and red suit was torn apart and her mask was already shred to pieces. She looked around, but flinched at the sharp pain in her neck. On the right, she managed to see Spitfire, who was laying on the ground, not making any sound, unconscious. Sunset figured she was still out from the blow she received earlier.

She looked on the left when she heard someone sobbing. Then, there was The Fiend, in the same state as Spitfire, blood pouring from the wound on his stomach. Wendy was right next to him, on her knees. She was the only one that wasn’t knocked out and was unharmed. Sunset guessed that Red took the blow for her. The little girl was crying, begging for Red to get up, but Red wasn’t making any sound.

Spider-girl grunted out of pain as she tried to get up. The city was on fire, and she was the only one able to save it.

The ground suddenly started to shake and Sunset felt a shiver down her spine. She managed to get up, not without another grunt of pain, and stared at the monstrosity in front of her walking in her direction. It was an 8 feet tall black monster, with the most sadistic smile on its face. The monster lets out his long tongue, licking his lips and his sharp teeth.

She tried to make a move, but the monster already sends a black tentacle in her direction, grabbing her. The monster launched her in the nearest wall, destroying it and making the young super hero scream in pain. Sunset landed on the ground and couldn’t even catch a breath as the monster grabbed her by the throat and lifted her up to face him. That’s when Sunset saw it, in the monster’s big white eyes…

As the monster opened his enormous mouth, to chew her up, Sunset chuckled. The monster stopped, and barked at her what was going on. But Sunset couldn’t really understand what it was saying. She laughed because, all of this, happened because of her. And now, she was going to die. And it was her fault too.

She closed her eyes, as the monster prepared to eat her alive. The last thing she saw, was the big white teeth of the monster as he puts her head inside of his mouth. And the last sound she heard, was the snapping sound of the monster’s fangs around her neck while her life was flashing before her eyes.


Two month earlier…

And then… Spider-girl went in wild chase after the man who hurt her friend. She didn’t know him, and she had no idea what was his purpose. But she knew what she had to…

Uh, Sunset? Why are you doing a narrator’s voice?”

“I’m here.” Sunset declared, as she landed on the rooftop of an old apartment complex. She deliberately dodged the question. To be fair, she totally forgot she was on the line with Twilight.

He hasn’t move.” Twilight replied through the ear device she gave to Sunset earlier. “He’s still inside, on the third floor.”

“Perfect.” Spider-girl simply stated, walking to the edge of the roof.

Sunset wait!” Twilight called.

“What is it Twilight?” Sunset asked, preparing herself for the upcoming fight.

I’m… I’m actually glad you came to see me, I missed this…

Sunset didn’t reply, but smirked behind her black mask.

So… Don’t do anything reckless alright?” Twilight kindly asked.

“Sparky, you know me.” Sunset giggled, “I’m never reckless.”

Then, Spider-girl jumped from the rooftop while shooting a web to where she was standing. She put her legs forward and used the momentum to smash right through the third floor’s window. She immediately took a fighting stance and looked around her. The room was totally empty, except for a table made of wood on which was a small briefcase.

“Hum… Twilight? Why is there nobody here?” Sunset asked, scratching her arm.

I-I don’t understand, the tracker says he’s right here! I must’ve miscalculated…” Twilight fumbled, asking herself if she did a mistake.

Then Sunset noticed a small device next to the briefcase, which she recognized to be the tracker. “Yeah that’s a trap.” A note was stuck to the briefcase, she took it and opened it. “To Spider-Girl, open the briefcase.” She threw the note away and said with a sigh, “Yeah, definitely a trap.”

Please Sunset, do not open it.” Twilight ordered, “It could be a bomb or something even more dangerous!”

“Hum…” Sunset scratched the back of her head.

“…”

You opened it, didn’t you?”

“Yeah…” Sunset stated, staring at the small computer inside the briefcase.

The screen of the computer suddenly turned on and Sunset was now face to face with the swordsman who defeated Felicia.

“Good evening, Spider-girl.” The masked mercenary said.

“So, you’re the dude I’m going to kick the ass of?” Sunset taunted, which amused the mercenary. “Who am I speaking to?”

“My employers calls me Taskmaster.”

“Why did you do this to my friend?”

“Why would someone do anything like that?” The mercenary asked back.

“Let me guess, for money?” The young hero asked, rolling her eyes.

“Not quite… Even if that’s what my employers thinks.” He stated. “I also do that for my own benefit.”

“What do you mean?” Sunset raised an eyebrow.

“Knowledge.” He replied. “Imagine what someone could do if he had everything there is to know about people like Wilson Fisk, Discord, or even… You.” He made a brief pause. “I want to see you in action, to see if you really stand up to… The things they say about you.” Taskmaster explained.

“They?” Spider-girl had no idea what, or who, he was talking about.

“Yes… And you’ve been intriguing me. That’s why I did my little research on you…”

Sunset gulped, fearing what he was going to say. “Luckily for you, I haven’t told my boss the identity of… Your friends.” A picture of each of Sunset’s friends like Rainbow and Pinkie appeared on the screen. “Your family.” A picture of Luna appeared. “And... Yourself.” Then, a picture of Sunset appeared on the screen. Sunset was at a loss for words. “Because you see, I’m not interest in Sunset Shimmer. But Spider-girl… Is very interesting.”

The courage Sunset had a few minutes earlier was completely gone, her face was livid behind her mask. ‘I’m that bad at hiding my identity uh?’ She thought.

“I’ve hidden three bombs in the city…” He calmly stated out of the blue, “You have fifteen minutes to find them, and defuse them.”

“W-What?” Sunset was totally taken aback. “You sick piece of sh-”

“Don’t waste time, the clock is ticking.” He calmly said, before the screens turns black. But as soon as it turned black, a map of the city appeared on it, and sunset saw three red dots blinking on different spot.

“Twilight!” Sunset screamed while taking a picture of the map with her phone and sending it to Twilight, then she turned around and jumped through the window she came in.

On it!” Sunset heard Twilight typing ferociously on her keyboard, “Already found the first one, it’s located right in the corner of Prettyhooves street!”

Sunset was swinging through the city faster than she was used to. ‘I don’t have much time! I have to hurry or people will die!’ She thought to herself.

It only took her a few minutes to arrive at the first destination. She was staring at the street in front of the lamppost she was standing on.

It should be right in front of you!” Twilight called through the ear device.

Sunset stared at the billboard that was standing on top of the restaurant right in the corner of Prettyhooves street. The billboard was promoting a show from ‘The Dazzlings’ taking place in the city in a few months. But what was on it wasn’t what was interested Sunset, as she stared at it, she felt a shiver down her spine. “Here!” She stated.

She jumped from where she was standing and landed right on the face of The Dazzlings main singer. She closely put her ear on the billboard and heard a small ‘bip’ coming from inside. She punched through it and grabbed the bomb hidden behind. “I have it Twilight!”

Alright, do you see any wires?” She asked.

“Hum… Yeah, there’s two blacks, a red one and a green one.” Sunset explained, “I don’t know how it’s supposed to help you-”

Cut the green one!” Twilight ordered.

“Twi’, are you sure-” Sunset started, doubting a bit.

Just do it!” Twilight screamed.

“If I die, you’ll have my death on your conscience.” Sunset said, as she grabbed the green one and cut it in half. The bip sound stopped and the bomb turned off. “Holy shit Twilight you’re a genius.”

“Don’t let your guard down, there’s still two of them!” Twilight called. “The next one isn’t too far away, it’s on Captain Roger’s Boulevard, on the nearest building next to the statue!”

Sunset’s eyes grew wide in horror, “That’s… Rarity’s shop!” She quickly jumped in the air and, even faster than before, swung her way towards her friend’s shop. “Twilight, call Rarity, tell her to get the fuck out!”

On it!” Twilight replied, grabbing her phone and calling Rarity.

The phone rung two times before someone responded, “Twilight, honey, how are you?” Rarity happily asked. She was working on a dress a classmate of her ordered, so she put Twilight on speaker and put her phone on a table.

Rarity there’s no time, are you in your shop tonight?” Twilight rapidly asked, her voice trembling with fear.

“Well yes, I have a lot of work to do-”

You have to leave! Now!” Twilight ordered her.

Rarity chuckled, “Twilight, dear, I just can’t-”

There’s a bomb! A maniac found out Sunset’s identity!”

Rarity got stiff and dropped the dress she was holding on the ground. “T-This as to be a bad joke Twilight, right?”

I’m not, Rarity! I’m begging you, just get out!” Twilight ordered once more.

At the same moment, Sunset landed right through the window, and landed in front of Rarity.

“Sunset!” Rarity exclaimed in stupor.

“Rarity!” Sunset screamed, “What the fuck are you still doing here?!”

“Well I-” Rarity started.

“Wait!” Sunset said. She looked around, and narrowed her eyes at the sight of the Dazzling’s poster on the wall. “Since when is that here?”

“I… I don’t know to be honest, I don’t remember putting it there.” Rarity explained.

As she stared at it, Sunset spider-sense detected the danger. She quickly rips the poster off the wall, and saw a small bomb, smaller than the one before but still enough to blow up the store and the people’s in it.

“There’s a black one, two red ones, a green one and… a blue one??” Sunset said to Twilight, “Hum, Twi’?”

Silence, Sunset! I’m trying to think!” Twilight snapped through the ear device.

“So…” Rarity quietly said, “You and Twilight are talking again? That’s nice.”

Before Sunset could mutter any response, “THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!” Twilight screamed through Sunset’s ears device and Rarity’s phone at the same time, destroying Sunset’s ears. “AM I THE ONLY ONE TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY?”

“Geez’ Twilight…” Sunset rubbed her ears. “Alright, which one should I cut?”

Twilight thought about it for a moment. But when she didn’t mutter any response, Sunset asked, “Twilight? Do you hear me?”

Y-Yes, hum…” Then she said something Sunset couldn’t quite understand.

“Can you repeat please?” Sunset asked her.

I… Don’t know.” Twilight admitted. “I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Sunset panicked, “How I am supposed to know which one I’m supposed to cut?!” She started to ferociously scratch her neck, the frustration was itching her.

And how am I supposed to know Sunset?!” Twilight snapped.

“Well, I don’t know, aren’t you supposed to be the little genius?” Sunset barked back.

“Hum, girls?” Rarity started.

“What?!” Both of Sunset and Twilight said.

“The bomb is blinking… quicker than before.” Rarity said, with a drop of sweat on her face.

Oh no, Sunset there’s only five minutes left!” Twilight called.

“Fuck!” Sunset looked back at the wires and with a trembling hand, grabbed the green one. She was shaking, and Rarity noticed it. The fashionista put her reassuring hand on her friend’s and smiled.

“I trust you Sunset, it will all be okay, you’ll see.” She calmly stated.

It seemed to work because Sunset’s hands were starting to shake less. Sunset then grabbed the green one and prepared to break it. But just when she was going to do it, her spider-sense went crazy. She quickly released it and ripped off the blue one instead. The bomb turned off, and the three girls sighed from relief.

This isn’t over yet!” Twilight called.

“Right!” Sunset jumped away from the window, “We’ll talk later Rare’!”

“Be careful, sweetheart!” Rarity called after her.

Go straight in front of you! The next one is… Moving?”

“What do you mean, moving? Like, it’s alive?” Sunset asked.

No, it’s moving too quickly, it might be a… Helicopter!”

“Roger that!” Sunset said, taking heights. She ran off the wall of a building and shot two webs to the rooftop and launched herself into the air.

She noticed the helicopter, flying above the buildings. She aimed and shot a web right on it. She ran and used her momentum to jump and pulled on her web to give her a boost. She landed right on the left door and knocked on it.

The person inside opened it and screamed, “Spider-girl?”

“Do you mind? I’ve never been in a helicopter, I’m kinda curious.” Sunset asked as she made her way in. She looked around and noticed there was three people in here, the pilot and two other men in suits. One of them stared at her and Sunset screamed in surprise. “Dis-Mister Discord?!”

“Spider-girl?” Discord said, also taken aback, talking loudly to be heard because of the helicopter noises.

“Sir, I’ll explain everything another time but there’s a bomb inside!”

“What? A bomb?” Discord asked her.

Sunset focused her vision and looked around. She felt the usual sensation, and moved Discord aside. “Hey!” He said as she pushed him.

She grabbed the seat and tore it off. She noticed the bomb, bigger than the two previous ones. This one really was designed to not let anyone alive.

What colors are the cables Sunset?” Twilight asked.

“There’s… none.” Sunset stated. Then she heard a crackling noise from her ear device and another voice replaced Twilight’s.

Well done Spider-girl.” Taskmaster stated, “But did I forgot to mention that this one is activating remotely?”

H-How… He hacked me!” Sunset heard Twilight’s panicking voice.

Sunset’s Spider-sense went nuts and in a fraction of seconds, Sunset grabbed Discord from her left arm. “I’m truly sorry sir.” She said in a half-lie before launching him out of the helicopter.

Discord screamed as he fell down on the city, and soon, his fellow coworker in a suit was launched too followed by the pilot and by Spider-girl herself. As soon as she jumped off the helicopter, it blew up in an enormous explosion that threw Sunset away.

Discord and the other men were screaming as they were falling down the streets. Falling too, Sunset quickly recovered, her suit instantly repairing itself, and with an adrenaline boost, she launched a bunch of webs to stop what was remaining of the helicopter from falling on the street and the bystanders beneath them.

She managed to make it hang above the street with an enormous spider web between the two closest buildings.

Then she launched herself with a web in the pilot’s direction. She grabbed him and launched him on a safe spot where she launched a big web, cushioning his fall. Then, in a few seconds, as soon as she landed on a wall, she jumped back to the other man falling.

She shot a web on him and stuck the web on the nearest building as she landed on it. She then drew her attention back to discord who was dangerously getting closer to the ground.

“Try to fall slower!” Sunset called in a final jump. She threw herself at him and grabbed him with both her arms and shot a web to swing away. Finally, both of them landed safely on the street.

Spider-girl put her hands on her thighs and breathed loudly, taking all the air her lungs could take in. She took a moment to look back at the wreckage of what used to be a helicopter that was actually hanging above the street. Discord was sat on the ground, grabbing his heart with his right hand, breathing heavily too. They were surrounded by bystanders that were taking pictures and videos of the surrealistic scene that took place in front of them in just a matter of seconds.

“Yeah! You rock Spider-girl!” A citizen said.

“You’re the best Spidey!” Another woman called.

And quickly, everyone around the scene was cheering for Spider-girl. She let out a nervous giggle and scratched the back of her head. “Oh… Y-You know… Just another Monday am I right?”

Discord gets up on his feet and slowly walked toward Spider-girl, before putting a hand on her shoulder. “You…”

Sunset turned her head in his direction.

“You… Saved me.” He simply stated. “Thank you. I will admit I’ve never liked you, even if my daughter did. But I owe you my life.”

“N-No!” Sunset quickly denied, embarrassed.

Then, a beautiful woman appeared right next to them with a microphone in her hand. She had mid-length brown hair and freckles on her pretty face. She had a dark skin and eyes like emeralds. She put her microphone right in front of Spider-girl and asked,

“Spider-girl! I’m Misty Knight, from Big News One!” She presented herself. “Can you please tell us how it feels to save one of the mayoral candidates?”

“I-I…” Sunset was shaking, staring at the chunky bearded man filming her with his enormous camera. ‘Are we on TV right now?’

“Spider-girl’s bravery was exemplary!” Discord quickly stated with a big voice, so everyone could hear him.

The women then put her microphone in front of him.

“Someone attempted to murder me, but Spider-girl saved my life, even after all I’ve said about her in my recent meetings, on my social medias or even on television!”

Sunset then frowned, ‘He really did? I thought Rainbow was joking about that! Son of a…’

“But her kindness and generosity knows no bounds as she put her own life on the line to save mine.” He declared vigorously, “I, Discord, vows to accept Spider-girl as the official defender of Canterlot City if I win the elections! She would directly work with the police of the city.”

People started to cheer around them, but Sunset was frowning, she did not like the turn of events.

“Or should I say, the police would work for her.”

‘Uh?’ Sunset doubted something like that would ever work out and she knew Discord was using her to gain supporters, but a little voice in her head was telling her that it wouldn’t be that bad. Without the police in her way, she could stop all the super-villains way easier, she could arrest them and she could…

Eat them…’

“Ah!” Spider-girl jumped out of fear, making everyone around her looking in her direction. She blushed heavily, feeling the stares of everyone, and scratched her arm. “Eheh… Sorry, please continue.” She said with a tiny voice.

“Because it seems…” Discord ignored her, cleared his throat and continued, “That Spider-girl is the only capable person to keep us all safe. She proved it the past few months when our beloved city was under the attack of monsters like Electro, the Rhino or the Vulture. She is the one who helped us, not the police!”

The peoples were cheering even louder, but the few policemen that arrived on the scene were all frowning and making angry faces.

What a rascal! My brother is doing everything he can!” Twilight said, making Sunset jump. She totally forgot she was on the line with her, again.

“You’re the one working for him.” Sunset quietly said. She was still scratching her arm, feeling itchy.

“What was that?” The woman asked her, putting her microphone right in her face.

“I…” Sunset started. ‘Was my suit always that uncomfortable?’ She thought.

“She said that she had to go now, this city isn’t going to save itself, right?” Discord jovially said, trying as much as he could to prevent Spider-girl from talking on TV.

“Right…” Sunset mumbled, lost in her thought, before taking off, the bystanders still cheering behind her.

Discord watched her going away and then, looked back at his companions still stuck on the walls. “Maybe I should’ve asked her to put them down first…” He laughed, as he totally forgot about them.


Meanwhile…

Luna came back home late this night. Money was running short these days and she will soon have to move out with Sunset. For the past two weeks, she was in search for another apartment, a cheaper one. But either it was too expensive, too far from work, or it was too small for both her and Sunset. The past two days were so exhausting she realized she didn’t even think to lock the school’s front door when she left.

That’s… probably nothing. It’s not like someone’s gonna try to get into school in the middle of the night.’ She thought as she finally came back to her front door.

With a sleepy sigh, she opened the door and walked inside of her house. She closed the door behind her, switched the lights on, lazily took off her boots before dropping her jacket on the floor and walked towards the couch.

She ungracefully fell right on it and with her right arm, reached out for the television remote and turned it on.

“…vows to accept Spider-girl as the official defender of Canterlot City if I win the elections!” A man said through the television.

Luna raised an eyebrow, she thought for sure he was leading an anti-Spider-Girl campaign. Not that she really cared, she knew both Discord and Wilson Fisk were just corrupted suits and she never liked politics anyway. The camera turned on Spider-girl when Discord pointed at her.

…Spider-girl is the only one capable to keep us all safe.” Discord continued.

That was something Luna could agree on. She wasn’t a big fan at first when all that Vulture stuff happened, but then Spider-girl saved her life. If it wasn’t for her, Luna would’ve been eaten by that lizard monster. She felt so… weak at that moment. But Spider-girl, even if she was half her size and way tinier than the Lizard, she fought with all her might.

And Luna stated that from now on, she would do the same. For her, for her sister, but most importantly, for Sunset.

Luna turned the TV off, and gets up from the couch. She stretched her arms and let out a lousy yawn. “Guess I’ll go right to bed, no WoW tonight.” She said.

But just when she was preparing to go upstairs, she heard a noise from her kitchen. Like footsteps. Luna quickly turned her head in the direction and frowned, “Is someone here?”

There was no response.

“Sunset is that you? I already told you to call me if you’re going out when I’m not here.” Luna called.

There was still no response, so Luna carefully and slowly walked towards the kitchen. She took a quick look inside but she wasn’t seeing really much with the lights off. “Sunset?” Luna asked again, turning on the lights.

Suddenly, she fell on the floor and screamed in terror when she saw… her own reflection in the refrigerator.

She put her hand on her chest and felt her heart going crazy. She took her time to breathe and when she started to feel better, she started to laugh.

“Good thing Sunset isn’t here…” She said as she got up, “She would’ve made fun of me for a long-” She stopped herself when she saw, in the fridge’s reflection, that there was someone wearing a skull mask standing right behind her.

The moment she started to scream, she felt a hit on the back of her head and she fell on the floor unconscious.


“Sunset you’re back!” Twilight welcomed her when she saw Spider-girl entering by the window.

“Yeah… But he got away.” Sunset admitted in defeat as she took off her mask and sat on the chair next to the bed, watching Felicia who hasn’t moved an inch. She started to slowly scratch the side of her face.

“At least nobody was hurt.” Twilight stated.

Sunset frowned and Twilight quickly realized her mistake.

“I mean, nobody beside Black Cat!”

Sunset didn’t reply to her and stared blankly at Felicia. Twilight looked at her feet, calling herself stupid in her head. She turned around and walked back to her computer, typing on her keyboard.

“What are you doing?” Sunset asked, not looking away from the silver haired thief.

“I’m trying to find his position.” Twilight replied with confidence.

Sunset then turned her gaze at Twilight, “And how are you going to do that?”

“I don’t know…” Twilight started, “Yet! But I’ll find out.” She stated. “I always do.” She finished.

Sunset chuckled and turned her look back to Felicia. “And that’s a fact.”

Then, Sunset got lost in her thoughts, staring at the pretty face of her silver haired girlfriend. She felt that tonight, something was wrong with her. There was a feeling she couldn’t describe, something was really bothering and disturbing her but she didn’t know what.

She was glad her friends were unhurt, and that Felicia was still alive, but a part of her, a small part, was angry. Angry that Taskmaster got away, angry that he can just hurt her friends without facing the consequences. A part of Sunset wanted to just… Rip his head off!

“S-Sunset are you okay?” Twilight’s concerned voice said at the other end of the room.

Sunset snapped back to reality, got up from her chair and looked at the scientist girl, “Yeah I am, why?”

“You were… laughing just now.” Twilight said, still with a concerned tone.

“I… I was?” Sunset couldn’t remember, she had to admit she wasn’t feeling quite well right now.

She started to fumble and fell on her knees.

“Sunset!” Twilight jumped on her feet and quickly helped her friend to sit back in the chair. Twilight put her hand on Sunset’s forehead and gasped.

“W-What? Don’t tell me I’m sick or something…” Sunset mumbled, looking at Twilight’s big purple eyes. “That’s nothing new, I’ve always been hot.” She said, giggling.

“No Sunset, you’re not hot.” Twilight stated, “You’re cold.”

“Uh?” Sunset couldn’t understand, “Is that a bad news or a good news?”

“It’s a very bad news Sunset.” Twilight, already back on her feet, grabbed Sunset’s mask on the ground and put it in a glass box on her workbench.

“Great to hear, I thought you were going to say it was a bad news for a moment.” Sunset replied. She didn’t even realized Twilight wasn’t next to her anymore. Her head was feeling heavy, she fell once again on the ground and grunted out of pain.

Twilight went back for her a second time with a sigh, and helped her lay down next to Felicia.

“Stay here Sunset.” Twilight stated, back at her workbench.

Sunset didn’t even hear her as she quietly stared at Felicia’s face in front of her, her thoughts sweetly drifting away. Twilight prepared a machine she had created a few weeks before, shortly after she discovered the symbiote. She knew that the symbiote had two great weaknesses, the first one was fire. The symbiote likes it cold, and it was the major reason why Twilight instantly knew that Sunset’s state was probably due to her symbiotic suit. The second one was powerful sounds, especially high pitched sounds.

That’s why she came prepared, as she created a machine that would directly shot high frequency sound waves in a particular direction. She took example of an advanced weapon created by Stark Industries –which she obviously found the pattern on the dark web- but she disassembled it and improved it her own way.

She positioned the machine and flipped a red switch on the side. When she turned it on, a whirring noise came from it, earning a smile from Twilight. It meant it worked.

She turned the wheel on top of the machine and the symbiote inside the box started to wiggle. Twilight frowned and turned the wheel up more, this time the symbiote was agitated and tried by any means to get out. When Twilight turned the wheel at the maximum she could, the symbiote jumped off the mask it was still recovering and tried to force a way through the glass.

At the same time, Sunset fell from the bed and started to cry out in agony.

“MAKE IT STOP!” Sunset begged between tears, as her skin felt like it was burning. “IT HURTS US!”

Twilight was terrorized, she watched her friend rolling on the ground to extinguish the fire she thought was burning her. Before she could even make any move, Sunset quickly got on her feet, the symbiote totally recovering her body. But instead of her usual suit, she was entirely black with two sharp white eyes.

With her leg arm she shot an enormous black tentacle and grabbed the machine. “WE SAID MAKE IT STOP!”

She brutally smashed it into pieces against the wall in a deafening noise. The glass box shattered and the small part of the symbiote ran back to the black monster, leaving the mask behind. Twilight fell on her back with a scream of fear. The black monster stood there in the middle of the room, breathing heavily, but seemed calmed.

Twilight’s heart was pounding in her chest as she stared at the black monster, feeling terrorized. “S-S-Sunset?”

With a grunt, the black monster turned its head towards Twilight’s direction, making the scientist girl gulp.

T-Twilight?” The black monster said, with Sunset’s voice.

Then, it started to scream again, holding its head with both hands. Slowly, the symbiote started to disappear from Sunset’s face, finding back its original state on Sunset’s spider-suit.

Sunset was sweating heavily, the eyes wide open.

“Sunset!” Twilight cried, as she jumped at her friend, enrolling her arms around her.

“What… What just happened.” Sunset asked with a small voice.

“Y-You j-j-just b-became…” Twilight tried to explain, but her sobs and her tears were making it difficult to understand.

“It’s okay Twilight.” Sunset wrapped up Twilight in a warm embrace. “I’m fine now.”

It was true, she was strangely feeling better right now.

The current atmosphere contrasted with the one before. It was calm and quiet, the only sounds were Twilight’s sobbing and Felicia’s breathe, which was surprisingly still asleep.

“Are you sure?” Twilight asked.

When Sunset was going to give her an answer, Twilight’s computer screen turned on.

“Here you are, Spider-girl.” Taskmaster greeted.

Sunset rolled her eyes and got up from the ground walking to the computer screen. “Hey Twi, can he see me?” Sunset asked, waving her hand at the webcam.

“Yes I… Can see you…” Taskmaster said, asking himself why she was still acting goofy after he tried to kill one of her closest friends.

“Great. Now, no more games, no more shit talk, tell me where you are so I can kick your ass!” Sunset stated, punching the desk.

“Oh, but I’m going to do better than.” Taskmaster calmly stated, “Thanks to you, and the cameras I’ve hidden everywhere in the city, I’ve seen plenty of your… capabilities. And I’m grateful. I never thought coming in this city would help me learn so much…”

“Creep.” Sunset said.

“And this time, I think it is time for me, to teach you a lesson.” He said as he turned on the lights of the room he was in. Sunset’s almost screamed when she recognized…

“My house!”

“Oh my god…” Twilight said, hiding her face in her hands.

“W-What have you done to Luna?” Sunset trembled, her face livid.

“She’s fine. For now.” Taskmaster explained, “Bring me Felicia Hardy, and I’ll give her back to you… unharmed.”

Author's Note:

It's been a while... again.
Sorry about that, there was a lot going on and I never had the time to work on the story.

Thanks for all the sweet messages I got (in comments or DM). A lot of you guys were wondering if I dropped the story but I want to reassure you that I didn't. I WILL finish Volume II and there IS going to be a Volume III (I already know what's going to happen), I just don't know when and I doubt it'll be this year.

Thanks again for all the support, I know this story isn't that good thanks to my poor writing skills, but I'm glad a lot of you are enjoying it. Once again, if you have any questions about things you didn't quite understand or some other things, do not hesitate to ask them in the comment section below. :)

PreviousChapters Next