• Published 6th May 2020
  • 6,055 Views, 568 Comments

The Amazing Sunset Shimmer - KozLeMage



My name is Sunset Shimmer. I was bitten by a radioactive spider... And for the past few months, I've been the one and only: Spider-Girl!

  • ...
13
 568
 6,055

PreviousChapters Next
Volume II - Chapter 6: Pinkie Pie's nightmare before Christmas

“O-Okay Twilight, it’s not that bad…” Twilight said, mostly to herself. She was pacing in her bedroom, still trying to figure where the symbiote should’ve gone. She searched it badly the past few days, but she couldn’t get her hands on it. It wasn’t at the lab, at least not anymore, and it sure wasn’t at her place, she didn’t have to look around to know that.

Twilight looked like she’s been through a lot. She had bags under her eyes, her hair was a mess, her eyes were red from the lack of sleep and it must be more than twenty-four hours she didn’t take a shower.

“Oh god, I let an alien symbiote run away!” She started to hyper ventilate.

She wanted to tell Sunset, but she was trusting Twilight, she said it herself. If Twilight tells her she lost it, Sunset would be disappointed in her… Badly. And Twilight was willing to do anything to not disappoint Sunset, even lie to her. She put both her hands on her desk and closed her eyes.

“At least, it’s not dangerous… I hope.”

It was really bad and, call it a sixth sense or whatever but Twilight couldn’t get past the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

She was so lost in her thought, she didn’t notice the deformed black mass moving quietly under her bag, slowly making its way under her bed.


It’s with a loud yawn that Sunset Shimmer get her head out of under her blanket she wrapped herself in during the night, trying to avoid the coldness of December. She sat up and slowly stretched her arms before finally putting her feet on the ground and managed to get up. She walked toward the door, reminding the walk of a zombie, and she stopped a second to stare at her reflection on the mirror hanging on the door. Her eyes were red with black bags under them and her hair looked like a mess.

“I can do worse.” She finally said with a shrug of her shoulders before opening the door.

She barely made a step outside her room that the sweet smell of pancakes and eggs appeased her. She walked down the stairs and headed in the kitchen’s direction but she stopped when she heard Luna on the phone.

“I know Redheart,” Luna said with a sigh, holding her phone with her left hand and cooking pancakes with the other. “But what am I supposed to do? You know it’s been hard lately for Sunset and I, since Celestia is… gone, I hardly manage to make both ends meet.”

Sunset stopped at the entrance of the kitchen and quietly hide herself next to the wall. She knew it wasn’t right to spy on Luna’s conversation like this, but it seemed important.

“Yes I know she wouldn’t mind, but I can’t ask her that.” Luna said, “After all that happened, I just want her to have some fun with her friends, the girl deserves it.”

Even if she didn’t know what she was talking about, Sunset knew Luna was talking about her. But what was the thing Luna didn’t dare to ask her? Sunset frowned while looking in emptiness.

“Nonetheless…” Luna continued, even if Sunset couldn’t clearly see her, she knew by the sound of her voice that Luna refrained herself from crying. “I have to face the truth… I’ll have to sell the house.”

It hit Sunset right in the face, she opened her eyes wide in shock. She had to put her hand on her mouth to avoid making any sound.

“It’s okay really… I can found a nice apartment for the both of us.” Luna said to the phone. She stood silent for a minute listening to what her interlocutor had to say, before bidding her farewell and hanging up.

When Sunset saw that the phone call was over, she finally entered the kitchen with a loud yawn, making Luna believe that she just woke up. Luna turned around and smiled to her, a plate of pancakes in the hand, “Finally sleepy head, it’s half past twelve.”

Sunset smirked and prepared herself a cup of coffee, “Sorry, I was too busy saving the world last night.”

“Is saving the world’s involving spending the night at Twilight Sparkle’s?” Luna asked, wiggling her eyebrow.

“Kinda, yeah.” Sunset said, taking a sip from her coffee.

Only if you knew.’ She thought.

Sunset has used the excuse of spending the evening at Twilight’s to expand her part time job at two in the morning. In fact, it’s been several days she didn’t heard of Twilight, she will have to call her to see if she was okay.

“Well I’m glad you finally get up. I have to go help Redheart with her… Apartment research.”

Sunset frowned, but thankfully, Luna didn’t saw it.

“Okay.” Sunset said, accepting the plate of pancakes Luna gave her. “Have a nice day.”

Luna smiled and kissed her on the cheek before disappearing in the corridor.

“Can you do the dishes while I’m out?” Luna called.

“Yeah, sure.” It didn’t take long for Sunset to hear the door closing behind Luna.

Why didn’t she told me the truth?’ She thought. ‘Eh, who am I to blame her for not telling the truth. But was Luna running out of money that bad? Maybe I can help her a bit if I sell more pictures to the Bugle?’ Then she groaned, ‘I still have to buy a new camera… Perfect, just what I needed right now.’

Sunset walked toward the living room and put the plate in front of her, on the table. She took another sip from her coffee and turned the TV on. She put a pancake in her mouth in a rough way Celestia once told her to not to do while she was living here, and sat more comfortably in the couch.

The show on TV abruptly stop when the woman from the news appeared on her desk, a serious look on her face, “We’re interrupting your program with some breaking news.”

“Hum?” Sunset raised an eyebrow.

“Today, around noon, a man wearing a heavy armor attacked three teenagers before kidnapping one of them and running away.” The TV was now showing a view of the city, surely took from helicopter. It was showing a man wearing a rhino steel armor, running through the city, shoving cars aside, a girl on his shoulder. “The girl kidnapped has been identified as…” Sunset blood ran cold when she saw the picture that appeared on her screen, “Pinkamena Diane Pie. As for now, we still don’t know the reasons of this sudden attack but-”

Sunset didn’t hear the rest as she already ran toward her bedroom.


“LET. ME. GO!” Pinkie yelled, punching in the Rhino’s back. “LET ME GO, LETMEGOLETMEGOLETMEGOOOOOO!!!!”

“Shut up already!” The Rhino yelled back at her, still running through the streets, shoving a police car aside, right in a wall. The car caught fire and exploded in a deafening explosion, killing the two policemen inside it. The passersby screamed in fear and ran away, trying to avoid this monster made of steel.

“There was two people inside! How could you do that?!” She screamed in horror.

Everything that was put in place to stop him proved to be useless, the police tried to set up roadblocks on every corner but the Rhino ran through them as if they were cardboard.

The Rhino didn’t reply to Pinkie Pie, continuing his unstoppable course.

“Why are you even kidnapping me? I’m not that important! If it’s a ransom you want, my family don’t have that much money!” She screamed at him. She wanted to make conversation with him to distract him, luckily someone was going to save her, at least she hoped.

The Rhino chuckled but didn’t replied.

“You’re just a bully! And people like you eventually get their ass kicked! Wait until Spider-girl-”

“See? You finally figured it out.” The Rhino finally said, glancing in the girl direction.

“What? What do you mean?” Pinkie asked.

“Spider-girl is my real target, I want her to come and save you.” He said, glancing back in front of him, shoving another car aside, fortunately, this time it was empty and no one was hurt.

“B-But why me?” The pink haired girl asked, still oblivious to why he was kidnapping her instead of someone else.

“Idiot! If I kidnap one of her friends, she’ll bring her ass quicker!”

Pinkie was totally lost now, “Friend? Spider-girl isn’t my friend, even if I would love to, I barely know her!”

What does he means by that?’ Pinkie thought, ‘I don’t know her… Do I?’

They arrived at an intersection, the road splitting in half around a building. On each side was roadblocks of policemen, but this time they were more heavily armed. They were wearing heavy bullet proof vests, black helmets and some of them were even armed with shotguns or rifles. Standing in front of one of the roadblock was a policeman wearing a heavy bullet proof jacket and a megaphone in his right hand.

“CCPD! Stop right there!” He yelled. He stood proudly, showing the example to his fellow coworkers.

The Rhino did and scowled him.

“I’m Deputy Commissioner Shining Armor, who are you?!”

Shining Armor was just trying to buy time, he knew these roadblocks were nothing for the Rhino, but desperate times called for desperate measures and Shining called five minutes ago the Homeland Security. Sometimes, the CCPD weren’t enough for the biggest threats, so they have to call for help.

Sensing it was his moment to show off, the Rhino took the pose and introduced himself, “I AM THE RHINO!”

The police would’ve already tried to shoot him if it wasn’t for the poor teenage girl on his shoulder. But the army of men in blue stood there, pointing their weapons at him, ready to open fire at any instant.

“Well, Rhino, stop right there and release this young girl!” Shining Armor ordered, “You’re surrounded!”

“Oh am I?” The Rhino replied with a snicker. He started to giggle, and exploded in an honest laugh. He finally wiped away the tear rolling down his cheek from this good laugh and turned his gaze towards Pinkie Pie. “Young girl, hold tight.”

“Why? What are you going to-AAAAAAAAAAAAH!” She screamed when the Rhino started to run with more speed and momentum that before, but this time he wasn’t going to run in the policemen, this time he was running towards the wall on the building in front of them. The noises of grinding steel coming from the armor was a pain to Pinkie Pie’s ears.

The Rhino lowered his head and strike the wall with it, making a fortune entrance. They both arrived inside a mall, everyone started to scream at the sight of the monstrous man. He ran, ignoring everything and everyone standing in his way.

Pinkie had an idea, if he wasn’t going to let her go willingly, she was going to make him do it. She put her hand in her hairs and sighed in relief when she realized she still had a wrapped spicy cupcake. She still has one on her in case of spicy cupcake emergency. And boy, it was an emergency. She tore the packing apart and with all the strength she could, stuck it into the Rhino’s eye, luckily his face was one of the only part of the armor that wasn’t protected.

“AH!” He screamed and stopped. “WHAT DID YOU DO?” He yelled with wrath, rubbing his eye. He grabbed her and launched her a few meters away on the ground.

Pinkie landed on her back with a small ‘poof’. It was painful but manageable. She groaned and rubbed her back when she felt her body twitching, “Oooh, Pinkie’s-a-twichin’!” She called with a laugh, before opening her eyes wide in realization, “Wait, that’s not good!”

She raised her gaze and saw that the Rhino launched a huge carousel right at her. Pinkie watch it in horror, she didn’t have time to dodge it.

Oh no!’ She thought while putting her arms on her head, ‘I’m going to die!’

“P-Please someone…” She said in a whisper, she didn’t have the strength to yell, “P-Please Spider-girl…” Then she said the first name that came on her mind, “Please Sunset… Someone save me!”

Then, the machine landed on where Pinkie stood a second ago with a sound to wake the dead. It crashed and smoke filled up the place.

“Damn it!” Rhino said, “I lost my temper, the boss is going to be furious!”

When the smoke disappeared, the Rhino watched incredulous at the impact, no body or blood could be seen.

“W-What?!” He said in confusion.

“Fiew! That was a close one!” He heard the teenage girl speaking above him.

When he looked up he saw that the pink girl was hanging from the roof attached to… “A web?” The Rhino said.

“Boom! Headshot!”

The Rhino heard before being struck in the face by a violent kick. He made a few step backwards, rubbing his nose.

“You okay up there?” Spider-girl landed on the carousel he launched a moment before, calling to Pinkie Pie who gives her a thumbs up. Seeing her friend was okay, she sighed with relief. “Hey you!” She taunted towards the Rhino, “Is that a rhinoceros horn or are you just happy to see m-”

The Rhino turned around and Spider-girl noticed he was at least seven feet taller than her.

She gulped the saliva in her throat and said, “I am so scared right now I can’t even finish my lame joke…”

The Rhino lets out a bestial growl and charged at the teenage super-hero.

“Watch out!” Pinkie called.

Spider-girl jumped with a moonsault and shot a web on the ceiling, gaining momentum to land another kick on the Rhino, but this time he saw it coming and grabbed the web before pulling on it. When Spider-girl was at arm’s reach, he tried to punch her, but she quickly shot another web, avoiding his strike and landing on the nearest wall.

“Be careful!” Pinkie called again.

“Don’t worry! I’m here to win back the honor of my family name!”

“… What?” Pinkie asked, still hanging from the ceiling.

“… I was watching Fist of Legend last night.”

“Oooooh, that’s a great movie!”

“Yeah I know!”

“I’M STILL HERE!” The Rhino yelled.

“Oh yeah.” Spider-girl said, giving him her attention back.

The Rhino stomped angrily on the ground and blew air from his nose, “Let’s finish this!” He said.

“Yeah, I agree!” Then after a few seconds, Spider-girl asked, “What is this again?”

The Rhino had enough and charged back at her, “You know I can easily avoid this, right?” She asked.

“THE RHINO IS AWARE! BUT WILL YOU DARE?”

She didn’t know what he meant by that, but then she heard screams behind her, when she turned around, she saw two teenagers she knew from CHS. Sunflower and Roseluck if she remembered correctly.

“Dang it.” Spider-girl said.

When the Rhino was near enough, she jumped in the air and landed on his back. She shot a web on his left shoulder and draw on it with all her super strength, making him deviating from its trajectory, avoiding the two teenagers.

Spider-girl allowed herself a smile under her mask, but it quickly turned upside down when she saw the Rhino wasn’t stopping his course.

“Oh boy.” She said, when she saw the Rhino running towards a wall.

She lowered her head and hold on tight on the Rhino’s back when he ran through the wall like it was nothing. Both of them found themselves outside again but on the other side of the building from where the Rhino entered.

Still sticking to his back, Spider-girl sighed in frustration.

How do I keep finding myself in these situations?’ She thought.

Pinkie Pie watched them disappearing in the street and then turned her head the other way when she heard the police coming for help inside the mall. Two policemen managed to get her to the ground.

“Miss!” She heard behind her. She turned around to see Deputy Commissioner Shining Armor standing in front of her. “Oh good lord, you’re okay.” He sighed in relief.

“I-I am.” Pinkie said, still shocked from what happened and what she saw.

Shining Armor took his talkie-walkie and spoke through it, “All units, the girl is secured so no more holding back. I want the Rhino and Spider-girl behind bars by the end of the day!”

“What?!” Pinkie exclaimed, she grabbed him by the arm, “Wait! Spider-girl saved me!”

He sighed and looked at her, “I know, but she’s too dangerous to be ignored.”

“But she’s not a bad person! She even saved those two girls over there! You can ask th-“

“Young lady!” Shining exclaimed in frustration, “I know that you think she’s a super-hero like this green monster or Tony Stark and that she can make a difference, but she’s just a person!”

Pinkie frowned, “Well you know, I’m sure one person can make a difference!”

Outside the building, the Rhino was continuing his course, Spider-girl on his back.

Sunset didn’t know what to do to avoid getting anyone hurt. She felt something buzzing in her pocket and, still managing to directing the Rhino’s trajectory with her webs, she took her phone and answered.

“Yeah, I don’t know what it’s for, but I’m kinda busy right now!” She yelled in it.

“Sunset!” She heard the voice of Twilight on the other side.” I saw you on TV! Are you alright?”

Spider-girl draw back on the left web, making the Rhino avoid a school bus. “NOW ISN’T THE RIGHT TIME SPARKY!”

“I know!” Twilight quickly said, “Listen, there’s a construction site nearby, totally empty, you should lead him there!”

“Yeah… That way, we can at least stop anyone from getting hurt!” Sunset replied.

“I’ll send you the coordinate!” Then she hanged up. Like she said, a second after Sunset saw on her phone that the site was just two blocks from where she was.

“Okay big guy!” She called the Rhino. “Time for a ride!”

She directed his course to where the construction site was and, after going through a few walls and avoiding a few cars, Sunset managed to see the site. She jumped from the Rhinos back and swinged in its direction.

“COME BACK HERE LITTLE VERMIN!” The Rhino yelled, running after her.

“Then, come and catch me!” She taunted him.

She landed high on a wall of the construction site. The site was a square in shape, encircled by buildings under construction, in the middle was a square ready to be concreted with a concrete mixer right next to it, not far behind was also a demolition ball attached to a site crane.

Hey… I have an idea.’ She thought, ‘Hope he’s dumb enough for it to work.’

The Rhino stopped and looked up to where Spider-girl was hanging.

“Come and fight you coward!” He called.

“A coward? Me?” Spider-girl pretended to be outraged, “You know that words hurts more than a punch?”

“Come here and I’ll show you it isn’t!” He growled.

Sunset sighed and jumped from the wall towards the Rhino.

Here goes nothing.’ She thought.

She let the Rhino punch her on purpose, and she knew it would’ve hurt. She landed just next to the concrete mixer. She rubbed her face and growled.

You and your dumb ideas Sunset…’ She thought.

While getting up, Sunset pressed the button on the machine, turning it on. The concrete began to come out of it and to pour on the ground provided for this purpose.

“What are you doing?” The Rhino asked walking heavily towards her direction.

“Nothing a dummy like you would understand.” She retaliated.

He growled and charged towards her. He managed to bump into her and the machine, sending the teenaged girl away in a stifled scream of pain. The machine exploded in a thousand pieces, the concrete inside it pouring on the Rhino’s armor. He ignored it and resumed his menacing walk. He looked around but Spider-girl was nowhere to be seen.

Then the Rhino noticed that his movement were slowing down, he also had trouble lifting his feet. He looked at the ground and saw that his feet were starting to get stuck in the concrete.

“Oh…” He said realizing he was going to get stuck if he stayed there.

“Yo big guy!” He heard on his left. When he looks in this direction, he saw Spider-girl hanging on the site crane drawing back the demolition ball with her webs.

His eyes grew big when he realized what she was going to do.

“Uh, wait we can talk this through right?” He said, panic starting to appear on his face as he tried to unstuck his feet from the ground.

“Usually, I would’ve agreed with you, but…” Then she frowned under her mask, “You threatened my friend.” She finished in a whisper.

She released the ball and jumped on it, she gained momentum and arrived in the Rhino’s direction with great speed. The Rhino watched it coming in horror.

“I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!” Spider-girl sang while the demolition ball struck hard the Rhino right in the face sending him at least ten meters away and landing in a truck.

Sunset landed on the ground and watched if the Rhino was going to move, but after a minute she sighed with relief.

“Bullies always get their ass kicked…” She called to him, “Believe me, I’ve learned that at my expense.”

Then she heard police sirens coming in her direction.

“I guess it’s time to go.” She turned around and then stiffened up when she realized she forgot something. “Oh snap! I forgot the dishes!”


Rarity was chewing on her fingernails watching her TV. She had a call from Rainbow Dash who told her what happened, the athletic girl got away with a broken arm. Red as for him, managed to get away unarmed, Rarity understood that he was with Rainbow at the hospital right now. She also called Pinkie who was also unarmed and was put in safety by the police.

She was holding tight to her smartphone having tried to call Sunset, but she got no response. It was now two hours since the incident happened and having no news from her friend was driving her crazy.

Finally, her phone rang and she saw it was Sunset’s number, she quickly accepted the call.

“Sunset finally! How are you doing?!” She screamed.

“Hum hi?” A voice responded through the speaker, however it wasn’t Sunset voice. “Is it Rarity?”

“Yes it is,” Rarity replied, this voice was familiar to her. “Who is it?”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle, Sunset’s friend.” The voice said.

“Twilight?!” Rarity screamed. “Oh wait, you’re not that Twilight.”

“What do you mean by that Twilight?” Twilight asked her.

“Uh, nothing darling,” She took a sit on her couch, “Tell me, how is Sunset doing? Well I hope.”

“She’s okay,” Twilight stated, “She’s taking quick nap right now. The battle got her exhausted.”

“I’m relieved.” Rarity replied with a sigh, “When can I meet with her?”

“Actually,” Twilight started, “She told me to say to you to grab the other girls and come to my place. There’s… something she wants to discuss with you all. I’ll text you my address.”

“All right darling, I’ll be as quick as I can!”

“Very well… Be careful.”

Then the call ended. Rarity grabbed her purse and her keys and got out of her house, walking towards her car.

The drive to the hospital wasn’t very long and Rarity parked her car on the hospital’s parking. She entered by the front door and after a quick chat with the receptionist, she took the elevator to the second floor, where Rainbow’s room was.

She knocked on the door and after a few second the door opened and she was welcomed by a dark haired boy.

“Red! I’m glad you’re okay!” Rarity said, taking her friend in a hug. “It must have been terrifying!”

“Y-Yeah…” Red said blushing, not used to those kind of displays of affection, especially from a good looking girl like Rarity. “Yeah it was.”

“Hey, don’t forget about me!” A voice called in the back.

Rarity giggled and walked towards the bed, where Rainbow was sitting her arm in a cast. “I’ll never forget about you darling.” She said, giving her a hug. “How are you feeling?” The teen diva asked.

“Better since they gave to me those painkillers I asked.” Rainbow said turning her gaze towards the table next to the bed. “Wait where are…” She then rolled her eyes and glared at the boy standing behind Rarity. “Red!”

Red was trying to avoid her look and tried to look innocent but he sighed in defeat and put them back on the table.

“I swear…” Rainbow said, shaking her head. “You don’t even need them… How did you even managed to get out of there without a single scratch?”

He shrugged his shoulders, giving her a plain look. “Dunno.” He simply said, earning a sigh from Rainbow and a giggle from Rarity.

“I’m so sorry,” Rarity said, “To both of you.”

“What? Why?” Rainbow asked.

“Well… It kind of interrupted your date, wasn’t it?”

Rainbow and Red both blushed vehemently at that statement.

“Well at least, I’m glad that both of you are okay.” Rarity stated, seeing that none of them were going to say a word.

“And Pinkie?” Red quickly said, “Have you heard about her?”

“Yes, she is fine. She’s at the police station right now.” Rarity replied.

Red and Rainbow both sighed in relief hearing that news.

“What does that monster wanted from her anyway?” Rainbow asked, incredulous.

Red and Rarity both avoided her look, Red finding a big interest in a small spot on the wall, Rarity as for her was looking at her nails, both of them unaware that the other knew about Sunset Shimmer secret identity.

“Ah… Who knows?” Red simply said.

“A mystery for the ages…” Rarity replied.

Rainbow look incredulously at Rarity, then at Red, then back at Rarity, then she frowned deeply. “I have the feeling that you guys are not telling me everything.”

“I…” Rarity started, but she got cut off by the door opening and nurse entering the room.

That was close.’ Both Rarity and Red thought.

The nurse told them that Rainbow was good to go and the three of them exited the hospital.

“Well… What now?” Red asked.

“Actually…” Rarity said, “Sunset asked us if we could join her… She has something to tell us.”

“Okay then.” Red stated, “Let’s go.”

“Well… She asked me and the girls… If you get what I mean.” She said, earning an interrogative glare from Rainbow and Red.

Red finally sighed and shrugged. “I get it… I’ll leave the two of you to it then.” He said, starting to walk away.

“Wait!” Rainbow called him, making him turn around. “I-I just want you to know that… Before that attack at the Sugarcube corner… I had a great time.” She finished her sentence in a hushed tone.

Red scratched the back of his head and smirked, “Yeah, me too.”

“S-So… What if we do that again… Sometime?” Rainbow asked, her face red like a tomato.

“That’ll be great.” He stated with a smile.

Then, out of the blue, he hugged her. Rainbow let out a squeal of surprise. The hug quickly finished and Red turned away and leaved, without another word.

Rainbow watched him leave and finally let out a sigh, a smile on her face.

“That was so cute!” She heard Rarity say behind her.

“Shut up.”


“He… He failed sir…” Octavius stated, looking at the ground, not daring to look at his boss.

“Don’t say that Otto.” Discord said, his hands crossed on his desk.

Discord’s office was like the evil genius ones you see in the movies, on the last floor of a big tower. It was a big room, and in the back was a big desk with an expensive leather chair where the owner was sat. Behind it was a wall covered with glass, showing a spectacular view of the city.

Otto Octavius had an incredulous look when he raised up his head.

“What do you mean sir?” He asked.

Discord stood up from his chair and looked at the city from his window. “He did exactly what I wanted him to do.”

“And… What was that?”

Discord turned around to face the scientist with a straight face. “I wanted her to know that I can take away everything she loves whenever I want.”

Then, both of them heard a knock on the door. Discord frowned and said, “Who is it?”

“It’s me!” A joyful voice replied on the other side.

Discord’s frown disappeared, letting place to a small genuine smile. “We’ll talk more about that later.” He said to Octavius who nodded and started to leave.

When he walked out, another person entered. A teenage girl, students at Canterlot High School and friend of Sunset Shimmer, Screwball.

“Hi daddy!” She said, running to him and taking him in a hug.

“Hello Screw, how was your day?”

“Oh you know, the usual…” She ended the hug and looked at her father with concern, “Dad, what is going on?”

“I’m afraid I don’t understand dearie.”

“I saw what happened… On TV.” She stated, taking a step back.

Discord frowned… Did she know?

“The thunder guy, the Lizard and now that Rhino… Who are those people?” She asked.

“Why would I know?”

“Well… You know everything that happened in the city, you have ears and eyes everywhere so… I thought maybe you had a clue.” Screwball stated.

Discord giggled, “I’m afraid I don’t have the answer to your question but… What is this sudden interest in… well, let’s call them super-villains, the term seems appropriate?”

Screwball blushed and looked away. “You see…” She started, “Since that night when Spider-girl saved the school… I… I want to repay her!” She said. “I want to help her like she helped us!”

Discord smiled and stroke the hair of his daughter. “Don’t worry dearie. I’m sure I’ll find a way for you to repay her.”


Meanwhile…

“We’re going to meet this world’s Twilight! I’m so nervousited!” Pinkie exclaimed in front of the apartment door.

All the girls were there, minus Sunset obviously.

“I already told you that wasn’t a real word right?” Applejack tried.

“Yup, and I don’t care!” Pinkie replied with her joyful smile.

Rainbow took a step forward and knocked on the door, “You don’t look like someone who was victim of kidnapping a few hours ago.” She stated.

“I’m… I’m just glad she’s okay.” Fluttershy said.

“We all are sweetie.” Rarity said to her while putting her hand on her shoulder.

The door opened, revealing Twilight Sparkle. She was a bit different from the Twilight Sparkle they knew, a bit smaller and also a little more… flat. Also, the Twilight they knew looked pretty and studious. Not a mess like the Twilight standing in front of them.

“Hum… Hello.” She said. “I’m Twilight Sparkle, you must be Sunset’s friends.”

Pinkie Pie appeared in front of her and took her in a tight hug. “Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie and I can already tell that we’re going the be the best. Friends. EVER!”

The girls all entered the apartment and closed the door behind them.

“Are… Are we?” Twilight asked, not prepared for the energetic pink blur.

“Don’t sweat it sugarcube, as for me, I’m Applejack, but you can call me AJ.”

“I’m Rainbow Dash!” Rainbow energetically greeted.

“And I am Rarity, we spoke on the phone remember? A pleasure to meet you darling.”

“The… The pleasure’s mine.” Twilight said, blushing awkwardly. The nerd girl wasn’t accustomed to having this many people in her apartment. She noted the pink haired girl hiding in the back and waved her hand to her, “Hum hi?”

“H-Hi…” The girls said. “I’m F-Flut-Flutter…”

“I’m sorry, can you speak a bit louder?” Twilight asked.

“Her name’s Fluttershy.” Rainbow said, saving her friend.

“Well, I am glad to finally meet you all. Sunset speak about you a lot.” Twilight said to the girls.

“Weird, she doesn’t speak about you like, at all-AOUCH!” Rainbow cried in pain, rubbing her ribs.

“Next time, I’ll broke your other arm.” Applejack hushed to her. “We’re all glad to meet you too sugar’.”

Twilight lead them to the hallway and stopped in front of her room’s door. “Now, you must’ve ask yourselves why Sunset asked you all to come here, it’s kind of weird.”

“Not really,” Pinkie stated, “Sunset always does weird stuff.”

“It’s the pot calling the kettle back.” Applejack hushed to Rainbow who snorted at that remark.

“It must be really important if she called all of us here.” Rarity stated.

“I hope it’s nothing bad…” Fluttershy said.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy.” Twilight said, reassuring the poor girl. “It’s nothing bad.”

“What if you stop beat round the bush and tells us what is going on?” Applejack asked.

Twilight sighed but nodded. She slowly opened the door, and moved to let the girls pass, all of them entering the room. When they all entered, Twilight followed and closed the door behind her.

“Where is Sunset?” Rainbow asked.

“Wasn’t she supposed the be here?” Applejack said.

“Ooooh! Maybe she’s hiding and she wants us to find her!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“Up there.”

All the girls looked incredulous at the ceiling from where the voice came and all gasped at what they saw. Spider-girl was hanging there. She let herself go of the ceiling and landed on her feet.

“S-S-Spider-girl?” Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy exclaimed.

“Hi again!” Pinkie giggled.

“Hi girls, sorry I asked you all to come here…” Spider-girl said.

The girls looked at each other’s, “What do you mean by... Wait.” Rainbow started.

Spider-girl slowly grabbed her mask with her right hand, and took it off, revealing her identity to her friends.

“We have to talk.” Sunset Shimmer simply said.

They all had unique faces. Of course Rarity and Twilight already knew, but the look on Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie’s face was priceless. Rainbow Dash as for her, frowned and pointed her with her finger.

“I knew it!”

Author's Note:

Alternative chapter title: 'AKA You're my Rescue Girl, you can save the World!'

Happy Birthday The Amazing Sunset Shimmer, already a whole year! Can you believe it?

Fun fact: This story is longer than the first Harry Potter book.

PreviousChapters Next