• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,588 Views, 278 Comments

MLP: The Equestrian Engines - SuperSamYoshi



After Twilight gets abandoned by her friends she imbarks on an adventure on an Island with talking trains (Wait What?!)

  • ...
54
 278
 5,588

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9: Steam Ponies

A couple of days had passed since the Equestrians travelled to Sodor. And their reactions were mixed. Rarity, Adagio and Sweetie Belle were disgusted, Rainbow, AJ, Scootaloo, Aria, Shining, the Princess and Spike were impress their designs, though Spike was a pretty annoyed that he was a brakevan. And Sonata, Cadence and Apple Bloom adored their new looks.

Cadence was a SER O class engine, Celestia was an LMS Coronation Class engine, Luna was an LMS Princess Royal Class and Shining Armour was a LSWR 415 class.

Applejack was a CSD Class 486, Rainbow was a PR E7 Atlantic locomotive and Rarity was an NSB Class 21c locomotive. Adagio was a BR Standard Class 9F, Aria was a BR Standard Class 4 and Sonata was an LMS Fowler Class 3F.

As Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were small, they were turned into narrow gange. Apple Bloom was a Lyd locomotive, Sweetie Belle was a Penrhyn Hunslet and Scootaloo was a Hugh Napier.

During these couple of days, the engines had been treating those that hurt Twilight poorly. Applejack was sent to work with Mavis at the Quarry, but Mavis only gave her the cold shoulder. Celestia, Rarity, Sunset, Rainbow and Aria was sent to work on passenger runs, but the other engines just gave them cold stares except for Sunset. Sonata, Shining sorted out the trucks and coaches for the other engines and Adagio, Luna and Cadence took goods trains.

The engines where always respectable around Luna and Cadence as they would give a friendly toot any time they seen them. Within those two days, Sonata was called to help Twilight, the silly trucks had pushed her into some puffers and had damaged Twilight’s front, bent her wheels and coupling rods and caused her to go off the rails. When Sonata arrived with Rocky, she had a big smile on her face, though on her way the engines were giving her stares.

“Heya, Twily,” Sonata greeted her cheerfully.

“Sonata?” Twilight said surprised that of all engines, Sonata was the one to help, “are you here to help?”

“Yep, yep, yep,” She replied sweetly, “let’s get you back on the rails and to the Steamworks.”

As soon as Rocky had Twilight on a flatbed, Sonata puffed off to the Steamworks. “Urm, Twilight?” she asked her mood dropping a bit.

“Yes Sonata?” Twilight answered having an idea of what Sonata was going to say.

“Urm… I know you probably still hate me because I didn’t believe you but… urm…” she stuttered, “but could you… I mean I understand if you don’t want to…”

“Sonata,” Twilight chuckled, “you are forgiven.”

“Oh thank you thank you thank you Twilight!” Sonata burst out, she couldn’t contend her excitement, soon the two of them where talking like old college friends, all the way to the Steamworks.


Rarity wasn’t having a great time. She was pushing smelly fish trucks from the harbour to the docks, she wanted to get the job over with as quickly as possible. As she was rushing up a hill, she failed to notice that another engine was waiting at the bottom of the hill. Duck was waiting at a crossing at the bottom of the hill, Rarity didn’t see Duck and crashed into the back of his train. Luckily, one was hurt but fish flew all over Rarity and Duck.

“Oof,” groaned Duck, “what was that for?!”

“I was trying to finish this awful job,” Rarity complained, “and you were in my way.”

“Oh it’s you,” Duck said plainly.

“And what’s that meant to mean?” Rarity huffed at Duck.

“I’ve heard about you,” duck answered blandly, “you think of your beauty and fashion first and not what’s more important, that is not the great western way.”

“Oh and what do you know?” Rarity grunted, “You’ll just a little green, grubby tank engine.”

“I know more than you!” Duck shouted.

Soon James arrived with the Breakdown train and help clean up. But once the clean-up was down, Rarity puffed away to the wash down without taking the fish.

“Hey, she left the fish,” James pointed out.

“I’ll take them,” Duck huffed, as his train was connected to most of the trucks, some of them were destroyed from the impact.


Rainbow Dash was having a better time than Rarity. She wasn’t getting bothered by the trucks as she was doing passenger runs along the main line. She was actually enjoying herself, until she heard a deep whistle and mocking laughing.

“Ha, Ha, Ha,” Gordon laughed, “and you call yourself the fastest pony.”

“I can go faster than you any day,” Rainbow shot back, determined to prove herself, “you big, blue, stuck up, beast.”

“Huh, at less I know when a friend is telling the truth,” Gordon dug right into Rainbow heart, “you blue, rainbow smokeboxed, cow.” And he let off a moo for added insult as he puffed away.

Rainbow wasn’t going to let Gordon insult her like that, so she began to speed up to catch up with him. Gordon saw this and began to puff faster until his last coach raced passed Rainbow, she was so focus on him, she didn’t see the trucks of jam Rosie was shunting and ploughed right though the last one making jam go flying and crash down onto Rosie.

“Oi!” called Rosie, but Rainbow didn’t hear her.

Stanley was happily puffing down the track with empty trucks for the Blue Mountain Quarry. When he saw Rainbow flying down the rails.

“Out of my way!” Rainbow shouted, Stanley panicked and when down an old line. Rainbow rocketed by him. Stanley crashed through barriers and onto a jetty causing it to send him straight to the other side of the pond and sink as a toad eyed him. Poor Stanley.

Ryan was waiting for his flour trucks to be unloaded at the bakery. Suddenly he heard a whistle and Rainbow thundered by, she scared Ryan so much he surged backwards and rammed the trucks. The flour flew high in the air and landed all over Ryan.

“A… a… achoo!” sneezed Ryan, shooting flour out his funnel, which landed on the Fat Controller who was seeing how the work was going along.

“Oh, bless you Ryan,” coughed Sir Topham Hatt, brushing the flour off his hat, “who was that? Didn’t they know it’s dangerous to race on the mainline.”

“Probably that blue one with the rainbow smokebox sir”, Ryan said, “she says she the fastest engine on this island.”

“Is that so,” The Fat Controller said, as he turned and walked away.


Later that day, Rainbow Dash held a meeting in the yard with Rarity, AJ, Adagio and Aria. “I don’t like how these engines are treating us,” Rainbow declared.

“Same here,” Applejack said, “I’ve been helping Mavis all day and she still gives me these looks of distrust. And I may have accidently bumped her under the Quarry Hopper.”

“I crashed into that green one that named after a bird and he blamed it on me,” Rarity spoke up, thinking Duck was the one who caused the crash.

“I had a run with Henry,” Adagio chimed in, “he was boasting about he was the strongest engine on the North-Western side of the island and said I wasn’t cut out for pulling train no more than five trucks. I wasn't focusing on my work and got into an accident with Whiff.

“Thomas and Percy were very cheeky to me,” Aria complained, “as I was backing into some trucks, they shunted more trucks in front of me and shouted, ‘big purple boar in the middle’. As I couldn't see where I was going, I crashed into that brown, wooden, square one.”

“What about you Rainbow?” Applejack asked, “have you been teased?”

Rainbow remembered when Gordon insulted her for being slower than himself. “That’s not important at the moment,” Rainbow quickly replied, “What is important is how do we get back at them.”

“And how do you think we should do that Dash?” Aria plainly asked.

“This is how,” Rainbow said with an evil grin on her face.

Little did they knew, Shining Armour was at the station platform listening to Rainbow’s idea.


That night, Thomas, Sunset and Twilight where puffing back to Tidmouth Sheds tired from their busy day on work.

“I’m so tired,” Twilight pointed out, “I was busy helping Sunset all day.”

“Yeah,” Sunset commented, “it was so nice of you friend Percy to let me sleep with you engines.”

“Yeah,” Thomas yawned, “can’t wait until we get back to the sheds and…” before Thomas could finish, he bumped into Rebecca.

“Oof, sorry Rebecca,” Thomas said.

“Oh, it’s ok Thomas,” Rebecca replied.

“Why have you stopped Rebecca?” twilight asked.

“Because five engines have taking over the shed!” James yelled.

James was right, Rainbow’s idea was to take way Tidmouth sheds from the team that helped them defeat Chrysalis’ armada.

“Hey Twilight,” Rainbow called out, “we saved spaces for you, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Sunset and Sonata.”

“These are our sheds!” Emily shouted.

“Give them back!” Edward cried.

“First come, first served losers,” Rainbow mocked.

“Twilight prefers us than you!” Henry shouted.

“We were her only friends,” Rarity commented.

“You betrayed her!” Nia yelled.

This was too much for Twilight, as she was behind Sunset she puffed away as fast as she could all the way to Knapford Station.

Sunset saw James saw Twilight puff away. “Guys, no use arguing with these scum on the earth,” he said before puffing after Twilight, “come on, let’s go find Twilight. Oh and Rarity.”

"Yes?" she replied a bit worried.

"Watch out for Allicia," James said evilly as he puffed away.

The other engines agreed and one by one slow puffed away after Twilight, leaving the five ‘scum of the earth’ in Tidmouth Sheds.

“Was this really a good Idea, Darling?” Rarity asked.

“Don’t bother with them,” Rainbow Dash remarked, “Twilight will come back to us if we keep doing this.”


Twilight had fled to Knapford Station, where she wanted to tell the Fat Controller what has happened. Just then Sunset, Thomas and their friends arrived.

“G…Guys?” Twilight tearfully replied, “what are you doing here?”

“We’re here because you’re our friend Twilight”, Thomas said, “and we will be there for you no matter what”.

Just then Sir Topham Hatt came out his office. He was surprise to see the Steam Team in Knapford at this time.

“Thomas? Twilight?” The Fat Controller asked, “what are you all doing here so late?”

“We got kicked out the sheds sir,” Thomas sighed.

“What?!” Sir Topham quietly yelled, even more surprised, “by who?”

“I think I can answer that for you sir,” a voice spoke from the darkness, it was Shining Armour.

“Shining?” The Fat Controller was confused beyond belief, “do you know anything about this?”

“Well you see sir,” Shining Armour began, “Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Adagio Dazzle and Aria Blaze have been causing trouble all over the island and have been blaming the other engines for their mistakes and accidents.”

“No wonder Toby was covered in coal dust, Rosie swathed in jam, Duck coated in fish, Mavis enfolded in quarry dust and dented, Stanley wrapped in pond weed, Whiff plastered in squashed fruit and Ryan enveloped in flour,” Sir Topham Hatt listed, “Vector’s got a lot of time on his puffers.

“Anyway,” Shining continued, “I overheard Rainbow Dash saying that they will take Tidmouth Sheds from them and see how they like it when somepony takes something from someone else.”

“Ok I’ll see what I can do tomorrow,” Sir Topham Hatt said, “right now you engines should go and get some sleep.”

“Pardon me sir,” Twilight asked, “but may we sleep in Knapford Station?”

The other engines were surprised but agreed to stay by Twilight’s side. The Fat Controller was also surprise. “Are you sure,” he said, “it’s going to be cold tonight?”

“Yes, are you guys with me,” Twilight asked her friends.

“Of course Twilight,” Sunset assured her with a toot of her whistle.

“Oh, right, uh, good night everyone,” and with that, Sir Topham Hatt left to the platform.

Shining wanted to apologise for what he had done, “Twilight I’m…”

“No Shining Armour,” Twilight interrupted, “just no.”

Shining felt defeated and wondered if he’ll ever get his little sister back. As he puffed away to a shed, Gordon noticed how sad he was and being in conflict with his own brothers and sisters, he knew how it feels.


Gordon found Shining shunting and train for Sonata and Pinkie in the yard. Gordon saw he was still hurt from last night, due to him getting slower when he attached another couple of trucks together. Gordon puffed closer.

“What a hand?” he asked, not that shunting was his favourite things.

“Don’t you need to get the Express ready?” asked Shining, a little confused to why Gordon would want to help him.

“No, Rebecca is taking it today,” Gordon said as he carefully pushed a flatbed into the train.

Soon with Gordon’s help, Sonata and Pinkie were early with their train.

“Now, how about you and I have a little talk,” Gordon said as he puffed to a private spot in the yard. Shining was worried but followed him.

“Now,” Gordon said again, “look everyone makes mistakes, but we learn from them.”

“Have you?” Shining asked.

“Yes. A lot,” Gordon looked down to the rails, remembering an awfully specific memory, “I even drove myself into a ditch just to get of pulling a goods train.”

“Woah,” Shining was stunned while trying to keep in a chuckle.

“I know, I learned from all of them,” Gordon said holding his head up high.

“Is there still hope for me?” Shining asked, “can I get her back?”

“Maybe,” Gordon replied, “if she not too far gone.”

“What should I do now?” Shining asked again.

“Start by thinking how you’re gonna apologize to your sister and it must be up to her standards,” Gordon said before the Fat Controller walked up.

“Ah, Gordon, Rainbow Dash hasn’t learnt her lesson from yesterday and has come off the rails,” he said, “I want you to go get Rocky and then take her goods train to Vicarstown.”

“Yes sir,” Gordon said before slowly puffing away, “remember to think about the apology!” he called out to Shining Armour as he steamed away.

“Now, with Gordon sorting out Rainbow’s train,” the Fat Controller said, as he walked away, “who can I get take those jigsaw puzzles to Ffarquhar.”

Author's Note:

finally chapter 9 done.
sorry for the wait, I've been busy with College work.

PreviousChapters Next