• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,586 Views, 278 Comments

MLP: The Equestrian Engines - SuperSamYoshi



After Twilight gets abandoned by her friends she imbarks on an adventure on an Island with talking trains (Wait What?!)

  • ...
54
 278
 5,586

PreviousChapters Next
Halloween Special: Horror on the Rails

The Equestrian's First Halloween
(6 Days before Halloween)


It was full steam ahead on the Island of Sodor. All the engines were running on time. They wanted to finish their work quickly, because soon was Halloween. The engines love seeing the children in their Halloween costumes. And the engines love to hear tales of ghostly engines and scary steam trains. Thomas and Percy where telling Twilight and Rarity about Halloween.

“So, you don’t have Halloween back in Equestria,” stated Thomas.

“No,” Rarity responded, “but we do have something similar, we call it Nightmare Night, in celebration of the defeat of Nightmare Moon, Princess Luna when she was corrupted by the darkness.”

“What do the children in Equestria say when they knock on ponies doors?” asked Percy.

“They say ‘Nightmare Night, what a fright, give me something sweet to bite’,” answered Twilight.

“Ha, ha,” laughed Thomas, “the children here say, ‘Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something sweet to eat.”

“Ha, Ha, Ha,” Twilight and Rarity laughed. Just then, Sir Topham Hatt came to the yard.

“Twilight and Rarity, you must go to the smelter's yards,” he said, “an important delivery of iron must be collected right away.”

“Yes sir,” they puffed. Percy thought the smelter's yard was spooky. He was worried about his friends.

“Look out for ghosts,” He whistled nervously, “It is Halloween.”

“There's no such things as ghosts,” Twilight said cheerfully.

“It's just silly make-believe Darling,” Rarity added. And they steamed off to the smelter's yard. The sun was setting, and it was getting dark.

“Imagine being scared of Halloween,” puffed Rarity.

“Or the smelter's yard,” Twilight chuckled happily.

“Pah,” added Rarity. The two friends enjoyed feeling brave.


But when they got to the smelter's yard, it was very spooky.

“Oh, my,” whispered Rarity.

“Oh dear,” hissed Twilight.

They puffed slowly through the piles of jagged steel and twisted scrap. The air grew hotter and the smoke grew thicker. 'Arry and Bert were lurking nearby. The two diesels saw a chance to scare a couple of steamies. When Rarity and Twilight rolled by, they moaned and groaned. It sounded spooky.

“What was that?” snapped Rarity, “you said there was no such thing as ghosts.”

“Silly make-believe you said,” gasped Twilight. Suddenly, some freight trucks began to shudder and shake.

“Cinders and Ashes!” cried Twilight.

“Help!” wailed Rarity, “It's a ghost! Let's get away from here!”

They didn't know 'Arry and Bert had been bumping the flatbed's buffers. The two naughty diesels were having great fun. Rarity and Twilight pulled up to the smelting shed. They gasped at the ghostly shadows and fizzing sparks. Their wheels felt as if they were frozen. But they had to go inside.

“I hope the ghost hasn't gone in there,” quaked Twilight.

“Me too,” quivered Rarity. And they both rolled slowly into the smelting shed. Inside, chains clanked, and strange shadows danced across the walls.

“Must be brave, must be brave,” Twilight puffed. But it was spooky.

Rarity was turning around ready to shunt some trucks. Suddenly, a great whoosh of sparks lit up the shed.

“Sweet Celestia!” Cried Rarity. She was so scared; she didn't notice the huge white tarp. It fell covering her from funnel to footplate.

“The ghost! It's got me!” She steamed away as fast as her pistons could pump. Twilight thought Rarity was the ghost and she raced out of the smelting shed.

“Cinders and Ashes!” she cried, “the ghost is after me!”

'Arry and Bert thought Rarity was the ghost too and they raced away. Twilight was right behind them. And Rarity was right behind Twilight. Twilight, ‘Arry and Bert raced backwards through the misty night, as Rarity chased after them.

“Twilight!” cried Rarity, “Help me, the ghost’s got me!”

“Stay back!” Twilight yelled. 'Arry, Bert, Rarity and Twilight raced towards Tidmouth Sheds.


Tidmouth Sheds was quiet and peaceful. All the engines were fast asleep. Until Twilight's whistle soon woke them up.

“It’s Twilight,” cried Emily.

“Something must be wrong,” added Nia.

Suddenly, the Steam Team saw Twilight, 'Arry and Bert racing into the yards.

“STOP!” Thomas shouted. ‘Arry and Bert managed to stop in time before hitting the buffers, but not Twilight, she couldn't stop in time and crashed into the buffers causing her to derail.

“Ow,” Twilight commented, “The ghost is after us!”

Percy was scared. But just then, Rarity raced under a signal and the tarp flew off.

“That’s no ghost,” stated Gordon crossly.

“No, that’s Rarity,” Rebecca remarked.

The engines didn't feel scared anymore, but they did feel foolish. Sir Topham Hatt arrived wearing his pyjamas.

“What is all this fuss and bother?!” he boomed, “It has caused confusion and delay!”

“But sir,” cried Twilight,” the flatbeds were rattling.”

“And we heard moaning,” said Rarity.

“And groaning,” added Twilight.

Sir Topham Hatt looked at 'Arry and Bert. “Do you know anything about this?” he asked sternly.

“It was us sir,” Bert mumbled.

“For your punishment, you’ll go get the Brake down Train, get Twilight back on the rails and then go back to the smelter’s and collect the iron at once,” said the Fat Controller.

“Yes sir,” said 'Arry and Bert and they rumbled away. Whenever Twilight and Rarity went back to the smelter's yard. They knew there was nothing to be scared of. After all, there was no such thing as ghosts. It was all silly make-believe.

"It's all your fault."


Sonata's Ghostly Tale
(5 Days Before Halloween


“And every year on the date of the accident it runs again, as a warning to others. Plunging into the gap, shrieking like a lost soul.”

“Sonata, what are you talking about?” Aria asked annoyed.

“The Ghost Train,” Sonata replied, “driver saw it last night.”

“Where?” asked Adagio and Aria.

“He didn’t say,” responded Sonata, “Oooh. It makes my wheels wobble to think of it.”

“huh!” said Aria, “You’re just a silly little engine. I’m not scared.”

“Aria didn’t believe in your ghost,” said Sonata next morning. Her Driver laughed.

“Neither do I,” her Driver replied, “It was a pretend ghost on television.” Sonata was disappointed. That evening, she came back from the Harbour. Sonata knew where she was, even in the dark.

“Crowe’s Farm Crossing,” she thought, “we shan’t be long now.”

She liked running at night. The rails hummed, and the signal lights shone green. But a broken cart load of lime lay ahead. Sam the farmer had just gone for help in Terrence the Tractor. Sonata didn’t see the cart until it was too late. She broke the cart to smithereens. Lime flew everywhere. She puffed quickly to the nearest signal box, where Adagio was waiting to go back to the Ffarquhar sheds. She was startled by Sonata.

“Ah!” Adagio screamed before realizing it was Sonata, “Oh Sonata you scared me.”

“Sorry Dagi,” Sonata responded sweetly.

Sonata’s Driver explained what had happened.

“I’ll see to it,” said the signalman, “but you’d better clean Sonata, or people will think she’s a ghost.”

Sonata chuckled; “Do let’s pretend I’m a ghost and scare Aria. That’ll teach her to say I’m a silly little engine.”

“Are you sure you want to scare Aria?” Adagio asked.

“Yeah,” Sonata replied.

“Ok good,” Adagio stated, she promised to help. Soon Adagio was puffing through the misty night to the Ffarquhar shed where she knew Aria was there.


Aria was being oiled for her night train as Adagio steamed in the sheds.

“Sonata’s had an accident,” cried Adagio.

“Poor engine,” said Aria, “Botheration! That means I’ll be late.”

“They’ve cleared the line for you, but there’s something worse…”

“Out with it, Adagio,” Aria said impatiently, “I can’t wait all evening.”

“… I’ve just seen something,” said Adagio, “It looked like Sonata’s ghost. It said it was-was coming here t-t-to warn us.”

“Huh!” scoffed Aria Don’t be frightened, Adagio. I’ll take care of you.”

Meanwhile Sonata was puffing to the sheds. The Mist was thick, trucks sat in the sidings and the cranes towered of the mist like dinosaurs. Sonata soon came to the front entrance of the middle shed.

“Peeeeep! peeeeeeeeeeeep! pip! pip! pip! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Let me in! Let me in!” wailed Sonata.

“No, no! Not by the smoke of my chimney, chim, chim!” cried Adagio, she looked over to Aria, she could see Sonata’s trick was working because Aria was shaking in fear.

“I’ll chuff and I’ll puff, and I’ll break your door in!” The door slowly creaked open Revealing Sonata with the lime still covering her. That was it for Aria.

“Oh dear!” she exclaimed, “It’s getting late… Oh! I’d no idea… Oh! I must find my coaches.”

It was morning when Aria returned to Tidmouth Station.

“Where have you been?” Adagio chuckled.

“Ah, well,” said Aria, “I knew you’d be sad about Sonata, and I – uh – I didn’t like to intrude. I slept in the Goods Shed, and…”

Just then a ghostly whistle screamed through the fading mist.

“Oh! Sorry… can’t stop… got to see a coach about a train.” And she puffed away, trying to understand what she just said because even the narrator didn't know what she meant.

Sonata was none the worse for her adventure and was still enjoying herself enormously. She had heard everything.

“Well! Well! Well!” she smirked, “what do you know about that?”

“Anyone would think,” chuckled Adagio, “That our Aria had just seen a ghost.”

"You've done this to me."


Flutter Flour Power
(4 Days Before Halloween)


It was the 4th night before Halloween night on the Island of Sodor. The moon shone brightly, and the stars twinkled in the night sky. While the children slept, all the engines were kept very busy. Fluttershy was alone at Ponyville Sheds when Sir Topham Hatt arrived.

“You are to collect flour from the mill and take it to the bakery,” he boomed. “You are to work with a new diesel who had just arrived. The island needs its morning bread, and Lady Hatt and I need our crumpets. So, please show her the way to the flour mill, she’s waiting at Tidmouth Station.”

“Yes sir,” said Fluttershy and she puffed away. When Fluttershy arrived at the station, she could see the new diesel anywhere. “I hope she’s friendly”.

I’m sorry to say she wasn’t. The diesel was hiding behind some trucks. She rolled up behind Fluttershy and went...

“BOO!”

Fluttershy screamed until her voice hurt. She looked at the new diesel and was horrified to see who it was. The diesel was a brown British Rail Class 35, with yellow, square front buffers. And she had a name plate with said…

“Gilda!” Fluttershy gasped.

“Missed me Squirt?” Gilda said, “Trust the little timid steamie to be scared on Halloween!”

“I'm not a scared engine!” Fluttershy said firmly, “I’ve gotten braver the last time we met. How did you even get here.”

“That for me to know, and you to not,” Gilda huffed, “so we’re suppose to get flour or something.”

The two engines headed to the flour mill. Gilda thought that teasing Fluttershy would be great fun. When they arrived at the woods, Gilda cried, “It's the haunted forest!” And she called out, “Whooooooooo! Fluttershy!” In a spooky voice.

“Please stop that.” Fluttershy said crossly, but secretly she was pretty scared as the breeze blew and branches creak. Gilda's teasing made it seem spooky indeed. Then they came to the abandoned mine. The buildings were deserted, but they could hear a banging noise.

“What was that?” Fluttershy shook.

“Sounds like the ghost looking for a steamie to scare!” Gilda wailed.

“Well, I'm not scared!” said Fluttershy. But she wished she were as brave as she sounded. Fluttershy and Gilda had to stop at a red signal. It was next to a twisty old tree. The wind whistled, and Fluttershy heard a strange cry. Suddenly, Fluttershy felt something touch her roof.

“Look out!” cried Gilda, “The ghost engine is after your funnel!”

“Sweet Celestia!” Gasped Fluttershy. And she let out a frightening peep.

“Scaredy engine, scaredy engine!” Gilda teased. Fluttershy very cross with Gilda. She wanted to pay her back for all her teasing.


Fluttershy and Gilda arrived at the flour mill. Fluttershy rolled up to collect the flour. Then she had an idea.

“We'll see who's a scaredy engine,” she puffed. Fluttershy biffed the trucks out of the way and rolled up under the chute herself. When Fluttershy puffed out the other side, she was covered from dome to funnel in pure white flour.

“Ooooooooh!” she moaned spookily.

“It's a ghost engine!” cried Gilda, “and it’s come to get me.”

“Stop,” cried Fluttershy, “it’s only me.”

But Gilda was nowhere to be seen. After Gilda had gone, the mill seemed very quiet. But there was still work to do.

“The island needs its bread,” thought Fluttershy, “and Sir Topham Hatt needs his crumpets.”

Fluttershy shunted all the trucks into one long line, and she set off for the bakery all alone. As Fluttershy arrived at the twisty tree, she wish she could go faster. But it was a very long train, and she had to go slowly. Because she was going so slowly, Fluttershy could see that the tree wasn't spooky at all.

“It was just a tree,” she gasped, “And the strange cry was an owl. How did I not know that before?”

Fluttershy was relieved. Fluttershy chugged towards the abandoned mines, she could still hear the spooky banging. She looked to her left, and then to her right, and she saw what was making the noise.

“It's just an old door,” she gasped, “The wind is making it crash.”

Finally, Fluttershy reached the old woods. The breeze still blew, and the branches creaked. Fluttershy took a big brave puff. But without Gilda's teasing, Fluttershy could see the haunted forest was actually Henry's favourite forest.

“It’s not scary at all,” she gasped. Fluttershy arrived at the bakery. She was tired, but happy.

“I-It’s the ghost engine sir,” cried Gilda, “And it’s come to get me!”

“It's not a ghost engine!” boomed The Hat Controller, “that’s Fluttershy, she a really useful engine.”

Gilda felt silly. “Fluttershy, you have done a splendid job,” he said, “you deserve an extra special washdown.”

“Thank you, sir!” Puffed Fluttershy proudly. And while Sir Topham Hatt waited for the first batch of crumpets, Fluttershy looked forward to telling her friends her Gilda Halloween story.

"I was the Pride of the LNER".


Scoots Gets The Spooks
(3 Days Before Halloween)


The little engines were busy clearing their railroad of leaves and broken branches. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom often work together. One day, Apple Bloom Helped Sweetie Belle to a water-tower. And once there, whistled goodbye. Sweetie Belle felt much better after his long drink, but the truck were bored.

“Let's break away!” they cried, their loads were heavy and the coupling's old. One snapped. “Faster, faster!” Shouted the trucks as they flew down the tracks. A sign read: Slow Steep Bends and Ravine Ahead. But the silly trucks never saw it. Then, it was too late. All the trucks fell off the bridge and into the ravine.

Sweetie Belle arrived at the scene of the disaster. Her driver sighed. “This was our fault. We didn't secure them properly. We'll have to get help to pull them out.”

“The Fat Controller will be very annoyed,” said Sweetie Belle, and she was right.

“You will shunt trucks in the yards until I can trust you again,” he said sternly.

Scootaloo felt sorry but was also delighted with Sweetie's dilemma.

“Fancy not securing your trucks on a hill,” teased Scootaloo, “They'll come back to spook you. Whoooo!”

“And who's to say you're not afraid of ghosts!” snapped Apple Bloom.

“Pah, ghosts!?” laughed Scootaloo, “things that go bump in the night, Rubbish!”

“Well I'll tell you a story that will make your funnel quiver,” Apple Bloom said. And this was the story she told.

A long time ago, a little engine was returning home. It was a misty moonlight night. As the engine cross the old iron bridge, he suddenly lost control and plunged over the side into the swamps below. He was never found again. But many of workmen will tell you that when the moon is full, they had seen the little engine trying to get home. But he never reached the other side.

“So, what did you think of that, Scoots?”

“Pah, nonsense!” replied Scootaloo and she puffed away.

“Never mind him, Sweetie,” assured Apple Bloom, “she'd be frightened if she really saw a ghost.”

This gave Sweetie Belle's driver an idea.

“Let's play a trick on Scootaloo.”

The next day he spoke to Scootaloo's driver and fireman who agreed.

“We'll do it, tonight,” they said.

Scootaloo had to take coal trucks to the slate mine and then bring slate trucks back. Scootaloo's driver decided as part of a plan to cross the old iron bridge.

“Haunted bridge, pah!” snorted Scootaloo, “It's as tame as a pet rabbit.”

But all the same, she kept thinking about Scootaloo's story. When dusk fell, she was keen to leave.

“If we don't go now, Skarloey will take my favourite place in the shed,” she complained.

“We can't go back until we've collected all the trucks,” Her driver replied. He could see the plan was working because Scootaloo was nervous.

When night fell, they set off. The moon was full, and the mists were rising around the old iron bridge. Scootaloo whistled and the sound echoed everywhere. Then, ahead as she was halfway across the bridge, she saw flickering lights. Her driver knew they were only little insects that shine brightly at night, but to Scootaloo they look like an engine. Next, her driver secretly threw a rock from the cab into the ravine below.

“It's the ghost!” she screamed, “Take me back! Take me back, please!”

When Scootaloo reached the safety of her shed, she closed her eyes tightly.

“Spooked are you, Scoots?” laughed her driver.

“No!” wailed Scootaloo, “I’m asleep.”

And refused to open her eyes. She did though when she thought her driver wasn't looking just to make sure that she was still there.


Haunted Sunset
(2 Days Before Halloween)


It was a moonlit night. Sunset was taking a goods train to the station by the lake. When an owl hooted in the trees ahead.

“Whenever that owl hoots, a mist rolls in,” murmured Shining Armour, “I’ve heard of a legend that when the mists about. There's a ghost about, too. Take care on the old line, Sunset.”

“Stupid bird,” said Sunset as she set off into the night, “owls, mists, ghosts. Shining just trying to scare me! There's no mist!”

But Sunset was wrong. As she pulled through the mist, she saw something. “what’s that?” she cried.

“It's an amber lamp,” murmured her driver, “that means proceed with caution. Who's there?”

No one replied. Sunset crept slowly forward. She stopped by a tree. It had a sign nailed to it: ‘Beware of the viaduct.’ The driver was surprised.

“No one warned us about that before,” said her driver, “and look, the signal's red, and the gates are closed... a-a-a-and there's a fogman's coat! But where is its owner?”

Then, they saw a light moved it with the station building.

“G-G-G-G-Ghost!” explained Sunset, “Shining Armour was right.”

“Something very strange is happening, said her driver, “I think it's best we go back.”

“So do I,” agreed Sunset. By morning, the misted cleared. A workman was talking about the unsafe viaduct.

“Lucky you didn't cross last night,” said the workman.

“Yes, but we don't know who warned us,” said the driver.

Later that day, Sunset was down at the docks, tell Celestia, Luna and Cadence what happened last night.

“Oh my,” Celestia responded, “are you ok Sunset?”

“Yeah,” she replied, “just a little shaking up.”

“I hear ya girl,” said Sunset’s Driver, “The viaduct is been repaired. We can take our train back along the old line, tonight.”

Sunset really didn't want to as she set off leaving Celestia, Luna and Cadence worried for her. But when night fall came, she was sizzling nicely. Suddenly, an owl hooted, and then Gordon thundered by.

“Oh, look, Henry spooked,” said a truck and the others laughed.

“Be quiet,” snapped Sunset, “I’m not scared.” But she was.

A little later, the fog came down. As they approach the same area, they saw the amber light again.

“Here we go,” said Sunset's driver. Then, unbeknownst to Sunset, the gates mysteriously closed by themselves, and the signal went red. The trucks seen everything, and they were spooked too.

“Faster, faster,” they shouted, “there a ghost about.”

“Stop, stop,” yelled Sunset.

A mysterious figure watched Sunset go by. Ahead was a landslide blocking the line. Sunset braked hard, but the trucks hit some of the rubble, and plunged into the ravine. The sound of trucks smashing on the bottom of the ravine echoed everywhere. Just then, Sunset's driver saw a strange sight coming towards them.

“What’s that?” asked the Driver, the fireman laughed.

“That’s our ghost,” he chuckled, “it’s Old Bailey, the fogman.”

Old Bailey was very cross.

“I tried to warn you, but the viaduct,” he said, “why didn't you pay attention?”

“We're sorry we ignored your warning,” replied the driver, “Is there anything we can do to thank you?”

“Right, I'd like to operate that old station. If you let me,” Old Bailey requested, “I promise, I won't spook Sunset again.”

“And in a little while, Old Bailey's wish was granted. “You and your station will be really useful,” said Sir Topham Hatt, “let's hear our hardy thank you to the friendliest... uh... ghost on the island.”

Everyone cheered. Especially Sunset who was the happiest of all.

"You will know my name."


Bad Day For The Princess Sisters
(1 Day Before Halloween)


It was a beautiful day on the Island of Sodor. Celestia and Luna are sisters. They enjoy working on the Fat Controller's railway. But sometimes, they longed for Equestria, their old home. One day, they along with Cadence were talking with Sunset. She was telling them something that happened to her last night. Before her driver told her that they could take the old line again. The grew worried for her. Just as Sunset left, the Fat Controller show up.

“Lord Callan's castle is finally reopening,” he said, “there is to be a grand Halloween celebration tomorrow. I need you to take the banners, buntings, bagpipes and Halloween decorations to the castle. Cadence, you must help load up the trucks for them straight away.

“Yes sir,” chuffed Cadence, the sisters were excited. Going to Lord Callan's castle would be like going home again. Soon, Cadence had finished helping the workmen loading the trucks.

“Where are you going?” Fluttershy asked.

“Lord Callan's castle,” Luna proudly announced.

“By castle Loch,” Cadence chimed in.

“I'm glad I'm not going to Castle Loch,” wheeshed Fluttershy nervously.

“Scared the monster might get ya,” Luna joked.

“It might,” said Cadence.

“There’s no monster you two,” Celestia spoke up.

“There is too,” snapped Luna.

“There is not,” argued Celestia.

“Is too.”

“Is not.”

“Is too.”

The two sisters stop arguing as they started to puff down the line. Lord Callan's castle is in Misty Valley. Donald and Douglas were determined to get the important goods to the castle in time. They puffed proudly along the loch towards their destination.

“There it is Lulu!” cried Celestia.

“we’re almost there, Tia,” Shouted Luna. But there was trouble ahead, trees had fallen across the line. Celestia and Luna stopped just in time. Then, suddenly, there was a loud crash. The break van had been hit by the landslide and come off the rails. They were stuck.

“We could take the causeway,” said Celestia's Driver. Luna's Driver knew the causeway was old and rickety.

“It's too dangerous,” he said, “that and if we could how would we get on that track as we are blocked both ways.” The sisters were worried.

“We'll never get to the castle now,” huffed Celestia.

“I'll call for help,” Celestia’s driver sighed.


“Splendid outfit sir,” said the tailor.

Sir Topham Hatt was trying on his Halloween costume from Lord Callan when he heard the news.

“Celestia and Luna trapped by the loch?” he said, “I'll send help as soon as I can.”

But the hours passed. It grew dark and cold and still no help had come. Suddenly, the sisters spotted something strange through the mist. It had a long neck and looked like a monster.

“What's that!?” called Celestia.

“Is it the monster!?” cried Luna tensely.

“I think it is!” answered Celestia.

“It's not a monster, it's us.” It was Cadence and the breakdown crane. Celestia and Luna were relieved. By morning, the lines were cleared. Celestia and Luna hurried off to the castle. Lord Callan's workers were waiting to unload the trucks. Soon, the castle was decorated. The grand Halloween party would soon be on its way. Lord Callan was pleased.

“A beautiful pair of engines you have Topham,” commented Lord Callan, this made Celestia and Luna blush.

“And very useful,” added the Fat Controller.

“Oh yes,” agreed the sisters.

“Right I better get ready,” said Luna.

“What for?” Celestia asked.

“Tonight the Steam Team and the Elements are going to be tell spooky stories,” she replied, “And I’m going as Nightmare Moon.” And with that, Luna puffed off to the Steamworks to be repainted.

"I with haunt this railway."


The Brave, The Bold And The Scared
(Halloween Night)


The engines on the Island of Sodor have been looking forward to Halloween. They love Sir Topham Hatt's fireworks and the children dressing up as wizards and witches. They also love telling spooky stories. Edward was just finishing one of his stories. His stories seemed to get the other engines scared.

"They say that on Halloween, the ghost engine returns to the smelters looking for his lost, Whoo, whoo whistle!" his finished by blowing his own whistle.

"Ooh, aah, spooky!" The engines said all shivering a little. Later, Sir Topham Hatt arrived.

"Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, I have a special job for you," he told them, "you are to collect some scrap from the smelters yard tonight."

"On Halloween!?" Pinkie cried.

"Don't worry," he assured them, "you'll be back in time for the fireworks."

"Percy isn't worried about missing the fireworks," teased Rainbow, "She's a scaredy engine."

"I am not!" Called Pinkie. But she was, a little. At the smelters, all Pinkie could think about was Edward's ghost engine. Rainbow knew Pinkie was scared. So she teased her even more.

"What's that up there?" Rainbow squeaked, "Is it a spook?"

"It's just a piece of twisted scrap," Pinkie said nervously, "isn't it."

Rainbow was having fun. She kept on teasing Pinkie.

"Careful, the ghost engine doesn't get you," said Rainbow.

"There's no such thing as ghosts!" snapped Pinkie.

Applejack felt sorry for Pinkie. "Nobody's brave all the time," she said.

"But I'm not a scaredy engine," Pinkie inisisted.


The job was nearly complete. "Well done," The yard manager said, "Now I'll need one engine to finish up."

Applejack wanted to pay Rainbow back for all her teasing.

"Please sir," she said, "I'm sure Rainbow wouldn't mind stay."

"Of course not," Rainbow boasted, "I'm not a scaredy engine."

So Applejack and Pinkie left. When Rainbow was by herself, every sound and every shadow was spooky. She was beginning to feel very scared.

"There's no such thing as ghosts," she assured herself, then she thought she heard something, "Who's there?" Rainbow was so busy looking for ghosts, she didn't watch where she was going. she backed into a sheds with chains hanging from the roof. The chains felt like ghost fingers.

"Something's got me". Rainbow wheeshed and set off an old steam whistle. The whistle blow and echoed everywhere. "The ghost whistle!" shouted Rainbow and she raced away as fast as her wheels could carry her.

"The ghost engine is after me!" she screamed as she raced across the bridge. Her voice echoed around the bridge and into the night air.

meanwhile at Callan Station, Applejack and Pinkie were talking while they waited for Rainbow. "It was naughty of Rainbow to tease you Pinkie," said Applejack.

"She was only playing," said Pinkie, "I hope she hurries up. I wouldn't want her to be late for the fireworks."

Suddenly Rainbow shot passed them in a dash of colours screaming, "HE'S AFTER ME!" and disappearing around the corner.

"Ah don't think she'll be late," joked Applejack. Applejack and Pinkie joined the other engines for the fireworks.

"Where's Rainbow?" Pinkie asked, "she'll miss all the fun."

"It would serve her right after all her teasing," said Applejack. But Pinkie was worried. She went to look for her friend. She found Rainbow all alone in Tidmouth sheds.

"Are you all right, Thomas?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry I teased you, Pinkie," Thomas said, "Duck was right. We all feel scared sometimes."

"And we all have to say sorry sometimes," said her friend, "So come on, Dashie, we can watch the fireworks just as well from here."

And she was right. Meanwhile in the shadows, behind Tidmouth sheds lurked an apple green B12, he sneered at Rainbow and Pinkie, he started to move backwards before fading away. but not before saying in a sinister voice with venom dripping from his words.

"And I with get my REVENGE! Soon I with get my revenge."


Author's Note:

Here it is the Halloween Special
I would post this on Halloween but I fear I may forget, ,but it's like two days before Halloween so screw it.
as a few stories happen in a few days I.E. Haunted Henry, I needed a way to show that it is in time with the dates.
and if you guys have question to why Gilda is here, I really don't know either, I just needed a 'villain' in this without using rainbow or Aria twice.
but anyway hope you enjoy the Halloween Special:
Horror on the Rails

PreviousChapters Next