• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,588 Views, 278 Comments

MLP: The Equestrian Engines - SuperSamYoshi



After Twilight gets abandoned by her friends she imbarks on an adventure on an Island with talking trains (Wait What?!)

  • ...
54
 278
 5,588

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: The South-Eastern Railway

Night began to fade as the Steam Team slept, at the Ffarquhar Sheds, Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy were also still asleep. Twilight luckily wasn’t having another nightmare, but she was surprised by it.

*///*

Twilight was surrounded by a beautiful starry nexus, she looked around the seeing constellations of stars and she was standing on a path of stars as well. Then out of the blue, a flash of light appeared in front of Twilight. She was shocked but happy to see the Princess of the night with Lady in her alicorn form.

“Good tidings Twilight Sparkle”, Princess Luna greeted her, “hope your doing well in your new life”.

“Princess Luna!” Twilight explained, and without warning she ran on to Luna and embrace her. Luna was a little off guard when Twilight hugged her but returned the embrace.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help you with your nightmare,” Luna apologized, “my magic doesn’t work in Lady’s world”.

“I missed you”, Twilight said as tears ran down her faced.

“You seemed troubled young one”, Luna said after finally breaking the embrace and looking into Twilight’s eyes.

“Don’t worry Twilight,” Lady assured Twilight, “I’ve told her everything”.

“Yes and I must say”, Luna said in an angry tone, “I’m very disappointed by my sister’s behaviour. But don’t worry Twilight, I believe you”.

“You do?” Twilight stared at Luna.

“Yes, I’ve remembered Cadence’s magic aura was a beautiful light blue”, Luna said as she created a portal showing Cadence with no one around.

She was indeed a fake by how her magic aura was green not light blue and how she was talking evilly to herself, only villains talk to themselves.

“Luna how’s Sunset?” Twilight asked, remembering that Sunset was meant to find the real Cadence.

“She’s doing fine but still struggling to find the real Cadence”, Luna replied.

The starry nexus around them started to fade away. Twilight knew why, she was waking up.

“Time for you to wake up young one”, Luna said as Twilight embraced her one more time.

“Goodbye Luna”, Twilight said with a simple tear rolling down her face.

“It’s been a pleasure talking to you Twilight, and I hope you’ll find the magic of friendship once again”, Luna replied a tear of her own rolled down her face.

Twilight was engulfed by a bright light and she woke up in the real world once more.

“Good morning Twilight,” yawned Fluttershy.

“Morning Fluttershy,” Twilight returned, “good morning Pinkie”.

“Morning Twilight,” Pinkie called out, clearly excited about this morning.

*///*

Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy made their way up the Vicarstown Goods yard where Rosie was finishing shunting a good train for Henry. The three girls whistle to Henry as he pulled out which he whistled in return.

“Good morning Rosie,” Twilight greeted, “Is our train ready to go to Great Waterton?”

“Good morning Twilight, girls”, Rosie replied, “Yes, let me get that for you three, just wait”. And with that she raced off to find the girls’ trucks.

Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie waited for Rosie to bring the trucks around. Just then the Fat Controller walked up to them.

“Good morning Girls”, he greeted them with a smile, “are you three ready yet?”

“Good morning Sir”, the girls said in response.

“Not yet sir, Rosie was just getting our train”, Twilight said just as Rosie came round with the goods train, “Why is something wrong?”

“No nothing’s wrong”, Sir Topham Hatt replied with a chuckle, “it’s just that it will take you all day to get there and my brother’s engines are struggling a bit up there. So I want you three to stay up there for a couple of days to help them out”.

“Ok sir, you can count on us”, the three whistled.

“Oh and Twilight when you get back, I will have a surprise for you”, Sir Topham Hatt said.

The three engines whistled and started to puff down the line towards Great Waterton.

*///*

As three engines made their way down the line, Pinkie began to feel bored.

“I’m bored”, she explained, “normally I would be making everyone happy, but there’s no one to cheer up”.

Twilight and Fluttershy chuckle at Pinkie pouting.

“Oh I missed you Pinkie”, Twilight said. Then she started to sing which surprised the two a bit.

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Her, you, me!
Best of friends forever we'll be
Yeah, yeah!
Better together

Being really useful
Everyday
Being good and helpful
In every way
Rock 'n' roll and hauling away
Yeah, yeah!
Keeping us cheerful

Well there's nothing that I couldn't do
When I'm steaming along next to you

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Her, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Her, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way
This made Pinkie and Fluttershy happy to see their friend having a great time with them. Soon Pinkie and Fluttershy joined in.

We need our friends nearby us
Everyday
So they can help and guide us
In every way
And we know there's a place they will stay
Yeah, yeah!
Forever beside us

Well there's nothing that I couldn't do
When I'm steaming along next to you

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

So put it all together
A B C!
Whatever the weather
Just you see!
Couple up and join the team
Yeah, yeah!
Getting better and better

Well there's nothing that we cannot do
'Cos together we know we'll get through

Soon the made it to the mile long tunnel that was ‘technically’ crossing the border. So now they weren’t on the North-Western Railway, they were on the South-Eastern Railway. After a few minutes, they came out the end of the tunnel and started singing again.

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

We make a team together
One, two, three!
We go full steam together
Him, you, me!
We roll along together
All the way

As the trio puffed and sung down the line they whistled and tooted any engines they saw in which they would whistle and toot back. They finally arrived in Great Waterton where Twilight saw someone talking to a LNER V3 Locomotive and a JGR Class 2120. She whistled to get their attention.

“Ah, You must be Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie with my goods train”, said the man, the man was a spitting image of Sir Topham but he had a mustache on his face.

“Hello Sir,” Twilight Greeted, “I assume you Sir Topham Hatt’s Brother”.

“Yes, yes I am”, he replied.

“Oh, oh let me guess”, Pinkie explained excitedly, she thought for a bit until she shouted “Sir Chubham Hatt!”

“PINKIE!” Twilight scolded and gave her a bump.

But the Fat Controller’s brother laughed, “Ha, Ha, Ha, that’s a new one”. Soon he calmed down, “no my name is Sir Lowham Hatt and these fine engines here are Eric and Chisa”.

“Hello”, Eric tooted.

“Kon’nichiwa”, Chisa greeted with a smile.

“They’ll shunt your truck for you while you go and rest you wheels”, Sir Lowham Hatt said.

“Yeah just it to us”, Eric said as he and Chisa got ready to sort out the train.

Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie were uncoupled from the train as Lowham jumped into Twilight’s cab.

“I’ll guide you to the sheds where you can rest”, he said as the three engines puffed away, leaving Eric and Chisa to organize the trucks.

*///*

Meanwhile, three maroon engines were resting in the sheds near the big station. One was an Adams Radial Tank Engine with the number 3 painted on his bunker; another was a LSWR O2 Class engine with the number 2 writing on her bunker and a Peckett Class 1687 industrial tank engine with the number 1 painted on his bunker. They were also talking or teaching the Peckett Class engine how to maths.

“Ok Colin, let’s try this again shall we?” the Adams engine said with a scowl on his face.

“Right this is called adding,” The LSWR O2 said, “If I had two trucks, then I add two more trucks, what do I have?”

“Some trucks”, The Peckett engine replied, clearly not knowing the answer.

“Yes. And no”, The Adams engine responded.

“Let’s do this again ok,” LSWR O2 said calmly, “Two trucks plus two more trucks, what does that make?”

“A very small goods train,” the Peckett said.

“Colin the apes at London Zoo have figured this out,” The Adams said slowly losing his cool, “let’s try again. One, Two, Three, Four. So how many are there?”

“Three,” The Peckett said quickly.

“WHAT!” the other two shouted.

“And that one”.

“Three, and that one”, the LSWR O2 said, “So if I add that one to the three what do I have?”

“Oh, some trucks”, the Peckett said proudly.

“Yes, tell me Colin,” the Adams engine remarked, “was you intelligence a building error”.

Just then they heard a whistle they had never heard before. It was Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie.

“Hello there,” Twilight greeted, I’m Twilight”.

“I’m Fluttershy”.

“And I’m Pinkie Pie”.

“Hello”, the LSWR O2 greeted back, “I’m Lilly”.

“I’m Colin”.

“And I’m Adam”.

“Do you mind if we rest here for a bit?”Twilight asked.

“No come on in, there’s plenty of room”, Adam said as the three girls puffed into the sheds to rest the wheels from their long journey.

*///*

Later Twilight was told to take a train down to Sandy Sea Docks. As Twilight puffed down the line she noticed a LMS Stanier 8F sitting on the track with a very long train. She puffed up to him to say hello.

“Hello there, I’m Twilight”, she introduced herself.

“Hello, I’m Peter” the engine greeted back, “Say, are you that engine that claim her friends betrayed her?”

“Urm... yes, but how do you know?” Twilight asked confused to how the story spread to this side of the island.

“Gordon, Henry and James where down here the other day”, Peter said with a smile, “Don’t worry we engines down here are just as friendly as up there”.

“Well almost everyone”, he remarked with a frown.

“What do you mean?” Twilight questioned.

“ATTENTION! Attention!” shouted new engine, he was a Khaki LNER Class B12. “You, want are you do just standing there?”

“Pardon?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t you that this train load has be on the ship at 1600 hours, it is currently 15:55,” he bossed twilight with a scowl, “what do you have to say for yourself?”

“I’ve properly been here a good three minutes working my way around and maybe two talking to Peter here,” Twilight snapped back.

“Well if that is the case, I deeply apologize,” the B12 said with a softer look.

“That’ll be a first”, Peter thought.

“Now, if you would be so kindly and follow me to where you can unload your train”, the B12 said as he puffed backwards.

“Who was that?” Twilight asked.

“That was Benson; he served in the Great War and helped us in the second war”, Peter replied.

So Twilight whistled goodbye to Peter and followed Benson further into the docks.

*///*

Soon it began to get dark so Twilight puffed back to the sheds with her, Fluttershy and Pinkie stayed in when they first got on the south-Eastern Railway. She was really tired and wanted to sleep for the rest of the day tomorrow. But when she returned to the sheds Pinkie and Fluttershy were already there, with Colin, Lilly, Adam, Peter, Eric and Chisa. Luckily they’re was one more space in between Eric and Fluttershy, Twilight puffed into the space and was about to go to sleep.

“So Twilight did you enjoy your day?” Eric asked.

“Fine, now can I get some sleep,” Twilight replied sleepily. She was about close her eyes until the Colin started to sleep whistle. Twilight couldn’t get to sleep; when she did she wasn’t having a good dream.

*///*

Once again Twilight found herself in a dark starry nexus and as a pony. She looked around to see if she could see anyone. Suddenly she heard a voice.

“TWILIGHT!” it seem to echo everywhere, Twilight know that voice all too well.

“SPIKE!” she called out as she followed his voice. She finally found him tire to a wall.

“Twilight!” he said, glad to see his big sister.

“Don’t worry Spike, I’ll help you out”. Twilight said as tried to remove the vines around her little brother.

“Step away from the dragon Sparkle,” said a familiar voice. Twilight turned around slowly to see Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity standing behind her.

“G...Girls?” Twilight said nervously, fear radiating in the eyes.

Rainbow Dash began running towards her, Twilight braced for impact while protecting Spike. However the attack never hit them, when Twilight turned around to see if she’d been attack, only to see Princess Luna had impaled Rainbow with her horn. Rainbow then disappeared into black smoke. Then Luna fired two beams of magic at Rarity and Applejack in which they too disappeared in big smoke.

Twilight turned back around to see Spike was hugging her tightly; she smile knowing her little brother was safe. Luna walked up to them.

“I’m glad to see you again Twilight”, Luna remarked.

“Is this the really Spike or a dream version”, Twilight asked with tears starting to form in her eyes.

“This is the really Spike”, Luna replied smiling, seeing the two siblings hugging was a very cute sight.

“Where have you been Twilight?” Spike asked while crying softly.

This was melting Twilight’s heart to see her little brother crying like this, “I’ve been away in a different world”, she said while rubbing his head. “Shh, I’m here for you, I’ll always be”.

Luna watched with a sad smile, she knew Twilight and Spike were very close. She knew they had to wake up soon; she walked calmly up to the two.

“You have to wake up soon”, she whispered Twilight and Spike shared one more hug before Luna lit her horn and a warn, white light engulfed the two siblings as their tears flow freely.

Author's Note:

Here chapter 3 done
I just need to credit the people who made the models:
Victor Tanzig owns Benson
wildnorwester owns Colin, Peter, Eric, Lilly, Adam etc.
and Artthriller94 own the mlp engine forms
oh and Chisa belongs to me:twilightsmile:
Chisa is a Japanese engine, she is named after the singer in a Japanese band I like

PreviousChapters Next