• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,586 Views, 278 Comments

MLP: The Equestrian Engines - SuperSamYoshi



After Twilight gets abandoned by her friends she imbarks on an adventure on an Island with talking trains (Wait What?!)

  • ...
54
 278
 5,586

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Punishments and Replacements

The engines were all feeling depressed. After their scuffle with the pony engines, the Steam Team where grounded for a week. Thomas was the most upset. He was so upset, he started to cry.

“Thomas?” Percy asked his friend, “are you already?”

“No Percy,” Thomas snapped, “I’m not.”

Calm down, Thomas,” James said sternly, “he was worried about you.”

“I know,” Thomas responded sadly, “I’m sorry Percy.” Before he started to sob louder.

“Thomas, what’s wrong?” Nia asked, concerned about her friend.

“It’s all my fault,” Thomas replied, “If I didn’t prank Rainbow, we wouldn’t be here.”

“Balderdash!” exclaimed Gordon, “you have made some mistakes in the past like crashing into the Station Master’s house and failing down a mine. But this wasn’t your fault.”

“But…” Thomas said but Henry quickly interjected.

“That prank you and the Twins pulled on her was a great idea,” Henry said enthusiastically.

“And whatever one of us ever do,” Rebecca chimed in.

“We shall all face it together,” added Edward.

“Not just as friends,” Emily commented.

“But as a family,” Percy ended.

“As you know, the most important thing is being friends,” James statement. This put a smile on Thomas’ face.

“So, could you go back to what you said about Thomas crashing into the Station Master’s house and going down a mine?” Rebecca asked.

The engines including Thomas laughed out loud.

“You think that’s funny,” said Edward, “what about the time Henry thought there was a ghost and the truck pulled him along until they hit a landside and fell off the bridge.”

“Oh, what the time I caught some fish,” Thomas added.

“Or when Oliver pulled Scuffey apart,” James stated.

“Or when Gordon crashed headfirst through the station,” Henry included.

And throughout that whole day the engines talked about their accidents and their heroic moments having a fun time telling stories.


Twilight wasn’t having a fun time. She was making her way to the harbour where Rainbow was set to work until she could be trusted to go on the mainline again. But right now, she was napping in a siding. Twilight quietly creeped towards Rainbow and pashed her along the track and out on the siding. Rainbow awoke with a jolt after being hit.

“Twilight, what was that for?!” she asked angrily.

“That was for bashing the paint cans all over Thomas,” Twilight responded crossly.

“OH, is little Twily defending her boyfriend,” Rainbow mocked which in return was bumped by Twilight again. “Why are you on these creeps’ side,” Rainbow shouted, “can’t you see they’re corrupting you!”

Twilight was very cross. “They are not corrupting me or Sunset or anyone else!” Twilight yelled, “They where there for me when I was upset over nightmares about you.”

At that moment, Applejack, Rarity, Adagio and Aria arrived to collect trains of fish, goods and other things. They heard what Twilight and Rainbow were talking about.

“You what Rainbow,” Twilight finally loss patience, “Do what you like, I don’t care anymore. I don’t anything to do with you!” And with that Twilight puffed away, Rainbow smirked to herself.

‘She’ll come back to me, they all will,’ she thought, “If I stage an accident for Twilight, Old Fatt Hatt will see she's not so useful after all, and I get to go home”. She didn’t know that AJ, Adagio, Aria and Rarity hear her. They collected their trains and headed off.


Twilight was furious as she steamed into Knapford yard, but her fury changed to shock to see eight engines she had never seen before talking to the Fat Controller.

Three of them were a black LMS 3F 0-6-0T, a LMS 0F Kitson 0-4-0ST and a red BR Standard Class 2. One was a dark red GER Class A55 steam locomotive and another was a blue green Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 diesel shunter. The last three looked a bit interesting to Twilight. One was a silver LSWR N15 Class, the second was a Greyish brown Aveling & Porter TJ class locomotive with a cab and a lot of cogs. The Finally was a turquoise North Pacific Coast Railroad Cab-Forward steam engine. Twilight was staring at them for so long she ran into the back of Stepney.

“Oof,” grunted Twilight, “Sorry Stepney.”

“I guess you were looking at those three?” He replied.

Just then Sir Topham Hatt saw Twilight, “Come here!” he called.

Twilight puffed up to the Fat Controller. The other engine looked at and smiled. ‘They look like a friendly bunch of engines’ she thought.

“Twilight, I like you to meet, Barry, Jinty, Pug, Hurricane, Frankie, Merlin, Lexi and Theo,” Sir Topham Hatt introduced the new engines, “they’re going to be working on the island for a while.”

“Hello,” Twilight greeted the engines.

“Hello there”, they replied.

“I want you to show these engines where they’ll be working,” the Fat Controller ordered.

“Right sir,” Twilight replied, and the Fat Controller left. “Say you five wouldn’t the engines that work at the Steelworks on the mainland?” Twilight asked the engines.

“Why yes we are,” replied Merlin, “Has Thomas told you?”

“Yes, he has,” Twilight said.

“Speaking of which,” Lexi asked, “but where is Thomas?”

“Ah, that may be the reason why you’re here,” Twilight said sadly, “he and the other engines are grounded.”

“What?!” The eight engines gasped, “What for?” Frankie asked. As if on cue, Rainbow puffed around the corner pulling a heavy goods train. Twilight stared daggers at her.

“Her,” Twilight said sinisterly. The other eight engine looked and saw Rainbow too. Rainbow saw them but ignored them as she continued her way.

After that Twilight showed the engines where they’ll be working. Theo and Lexi where set to work on Thomas’ Branch line, Merlin was set to pull the express, Jinty and Pug were put to work in the yard, Hurricane and Frankie of goods work and Barry on mix traffic duties. And they soon made friends with everyone on the island.


Lexi pulled into the yard to find Annie and Clarabel, Sir Topham Hatt had told her what they looked like and Lexi found them.

Annie and Clarabel were sleeping until Lexi woke them up. “Oh my,” Annie exclaimed, “Who are you?”

“I’m Lexi and I shall be your engine for today,” she replied in the style of an intercom. The passengers where very intrigued by her appearance.

Twilight was showing Jinty and Pug where their trains were, where Rainbow had set up an accident to happen, she had spilled oil all other the track. Twilight was getting closer to the tar trucks she was supposed to take to Ffarquhar. Just then Applejack yelled out.

“Twilight! There’s oil on the track!” she called out. Twilight heard Applejack and braked hard just as her front of wheel touched the oil.

“Busted my buffers,” Twilight panted, “that was close.” She looked to Applejack and saw Rarity, Adagio and Aria with her. Twilight knew she couldn’t stay made at them; she could see they were very sorry. She left Jinty with the trucks and went to see the girls. “Girls, I’m sorry for being cross with you.”

“We are too, Sugarcube,” Applejack replied hopefully, “Please give us a second chance!”

“Of course I will Applejack,” Twilight responded happily, tears stinging her eyes, “of course I will.”

Stepney, Jinty and a few other engines saw this and blew their whistles, happy to see Twilight had forgiven her friends. Meanwhile in the background, Rainbow Dash was growling.

“No, no, no!” She shouted under her breath, “I’ve been betrayed by my friends.” She calmed herself down and gave off a sinister grin. “If they took something from me, I’ll take something from them.” She chuckled evilly to herself as she back way.

Author's Note:

here's chapter 13 done
sorry if it's short and if some spellings are incorrect
it's late and I'm tired
anyway can you guess what Rainbow's is going to do?
Find out in the next chapter: Rainbow's Biggest Mistake

PreviousChapters Next