• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 5,586 Views, 278 Comments

MLP: The Equestrian Engines - SuperSamYoshi



After Twilight gets abandoned by her friends she imbarks on an adventure on an Island with talking trains (Wait What?!)

  • ...
54
 278
 5,586

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16: Gifts to the Ponies

Throughout the months The Elements of Harmony, CMC and Royalties had worked really hard around the Island of Sodor. Twilight and Sunset organized the coaches, Pinkie and Fluttershy shunted the trucks, Applejack and Adagio handled the goods trains, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Rainbow, Aria and Rarity took the passenger trains, Sonata worked at the coaling plant, Shining Armour worked along side Mavis at the Quarry. The CMC helped out on the Skarloey railway as well, with Apple Bloom working with Rusty, Sweetie Belle growing an attraction to Peter Sam and Scootaloo been put in-charge of Duncan and Sir Handel.

One morning, Sir Topham Hatt came to Tidmouth Sheds to tell his engines his plan. “Good morning engines,” he said happily.

“Good morning Sir,” Thomas replied, “you seem happy today.”

“That’s right Thomas,” the Fat Controller responded, “I have a plan to thank those Equestrian Engines. And I already have gifts for Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.”

“What about the others Sir?” asked Emily.

“Well right now,” he told them in a hush voice, “Miss, Jenny’s team is already working on it now. And I want you all to help as well.”

“You can count on us Sir!” exclaimed the engines.

“Good now here are you jobs to do today,” the Fat Controller spoke as he told them what they’ve got to do today.


Twilight came into the yard to collect Helena, Victoria and Spike, but when she arrived at the station, she saw Annie and Clarabel coupled to Helena, Victoria and Spike. Just then the Fat Controller walked out his office.

“Sir?” Twilight asked, “Why do I have Thomas’ coaches with me?”

“Thomas is busy doing a special job,” he answered, “so he won’t be able to work on his branch line for a while.”

“Why?” Twilight asked again.

“Oh… Well…” The Fat Controller stuttered, “it’s a surprise.” He added before darting to his car.

“Weird,” Twilight thought to herself.

Later Twilight met up with her friends and told them about what happened this morning.

“It’s happened to me too,” Rainbow stated, “I saw Donald and Douglas pulling some truck of rails and sleeper. I asked what they where doing, and they replied by saying ‘it’s a surprise lass’,” she mimicked in a fake Scottish accent.

“I saw Duck and Oliver pulling trucks of ballast down a new line that I could have sworn wasn’t there yesterday,” Pinkie chimed in.

“When I took my morning train to Crovan’s Gate,” Fluttershy spoke up, “I was expecting Rusty with his passenger train, but it was Scootaloo.”

“And I hear construction work while taking my noon train,” Rarity pointed out.

“What is going on?” Twilight questioned.


They all found out, half-a-year later. Thomas woke them up with the Fat Controller on board. “Wake up you three!” whistled Thomas to Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy, “it’s finally time for you to see you surprise!”

“Really?!” Pinkie asked excitedly, “I love surprises!”

Once Thomas and the Fat Controller had collected the Elements, they headed down the new branch line. They puffed along the track through a forest, it looked very magical. They then came out the forest and arrived at a small station outside a small village, on the station sign it read: ‘Ponyville.’

“Ponyville!” exclaimed Twilight.

“That’s right”, The Fat Controller confirmed, “We named this branch line and the stations after places in Equestria. With a little help from Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Shining Armour.”

“Over there, are your sheds,” The Fat Controller pointed to some sheds, each one of the sheds’ doors showed whose berth was whose. Each door was coloured with their main paint colour and Cutie Marks on the doors.

“Over there, is your coach shed”, he pointed to a shed that house some coaches, “Rainbow, Fluttershy, those coaches are yours.”

“Pardon!?” Fluttershy asked kindly without raising her voice too high.

“Those coaches are yours; the rainbow coaches are Rainbow’s, and the others are Fluttershy’s with fake fur, scales, and feathers for the seats,” the Fat Controller said, Rainbow had seven different coloured coaches for all seven colours of the rainbow.

However, Fluttershy had a bunch of coaches in a barrage of different colours. And Sir Topham Hatt wasn’t kidding about having different fabric for the seats. Scales of a snake, fur of a bear, feathers of a swan etc. For what she could tell, she had twenty coaches, and each one represented an animal, a bear, bunny, owl, cat, dog, tortoise, flamingo, gecko, fish, alligator, lion, bat, deer, donkey and cow.

“If you look near the station, there’s another paths,” the Fat Controller noted, “that is Fluttershy’s Forest.”

“Really?!” Fluttershy’s voice grew in volume.

“Yep, you’ll go down there and show people your beautiful line as animals roam round,” explained the Fat Controller, “sort of like a drive-in zoo or something like that.” Fluttershy was over the moon with this news.

The Fat Controller showed the engines the rest of the line, such as more stations named after places in Equestria, a quarry and narrow-gauge rails and sheds. After Thomas and Sir Topham Hatt showed the Elements their new line/home, Thomas and Sir Topham said their good nights and went home.

“So, girls, do you like our new home?” Twilight asked her friends.

“I love it,” Pinkie exclaimed.

“It’s definitely 120% awesome!” declared Rainbow.

“Certainly divine,” Rarity affirmed.

“Mighty’ fine,” stated Applejack.

“It’s very lovely,” proclaimed Fluttershy.

“Amazingly beautiful,” Sunset asserted.

“Reminds me of home,” Adagio aforesaid.

“Not bad,” Aria indicated.

“It’s quite cozy,” Sonata declared.

“I have the perfect name for our new line,” Twilight told them, “The Equestrian Line”.

“That’s a great idea Twi,” Rainbow exclaimed.

“You know what girls?” Sunset asked her friends.

“What?” they replied.

“I think we’re going to have some wonderful adventures working on this line,” she commented grandly.

“And if they’re any challenges in our way,” Adagio chimed in.

“We’ll face them together,” Twilight finished, “as a family.”

And with that, the Elements fell peacefully asleep.


Meanwhile, high up in the mountains of the Skarloey railway, stood a massive boulder. It had stood for a long time ever since it was let loose back in 16th October 1998 and transported to a hill close by the yard. But after 22 years, the rock underneath the giant boulder started to loosen.

Author's Note:

Dun, dun, dun! :pinkiegasp:
Chapter 16 done. Sorry it was short, I ran out of things to say. I will be making a halloween special when it gets closer to... well Halloween. But I'll be going on holiday around that time so bear with me.
anyway, I guess you know what's going to happen next Chapter.

PreviousChapters Next