• Published 8th Apr 2020
  • 3,584 Views, 79 Comments

Flash of Love - HarryBuilder

  • ...
22
 79
 3,584

What Comes from the Heart

The next morning, Twilight was sitting on her throne reading a book with Spike fast asleep on his. While she was enjoying the book, most of her thoughts were on Flash at the moment but they felt more welcome and comfortable then they did days. Twilight was feeling very confident about telling Flash she loved him. So much so that she couldn't wait to tell him but she was wondering how her friends would take. She trusted them to support her of course, but she couldn't help worry how they would react to her having a coltfriend all of sudden.

'I should probably tell the girls about Flash before I tell him, Just so nopony gets surprised. But then I'll have to endure a whole lot of teasing,' she mentally laughed as Starlight entered the throne and she looks up from the book she's currently reading "Starlight what are you doing here?" she asked her former student.

" Just thought I let you know, the girls are here for a visit. Sunset bringing them in right,." Starlight explained and Twilight smiled as thanks and now she could her friends about her being in love with Flash.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie along with Sunset entered the throne room, Twilight got off her throne and walked to them as Spike was starting to wake up. "Morning, girls," Twilight greeted her friends smiling. "I'm glad your here because there's something I wanted to tell you."

Rainbow Dash was the first to speak as she walked up to Twilight, "Well that's kinda funny seeing that we're here to talk to you about something too."

"Really? about what?" Asked Twilight wondering what it could be as she tilted her head.

"Well... um..." Applejack said or tried to. "Uh, Fluttershy. Why don't ya'll tell her?" She then pushed Fluttershy forward.

Fluttershy tried to say the right words to say, but being the timid pony that she is, she whimpered hid behind Rarity.

"Well, what Fluttershy was going to say... well... Oh dear," Rarity wasn't doing any better and glanced over to Rainbow.

Sunset starting to get annoyed by the girls tripping over their own words spoke up as Starlight and Spike stood by her sides with confused faces, "Oh for Celestia's sake girls would you just tell us already?!"

Rainbow Dash was about to open her mouth to answer her question but then Pinkie Pie blurted out.

"We know about Twilight infatuation with Flash Sentry and we all held a secret meeting at Sweet Apple Acres yesterday, so that we can discuss about getting her and Flashy together, but we knew she would be embarrassed and stressed out just thinking about it when she dragged you across Ponyville after she almost spilled the beans, even though there are no actual beans involved, but I don't know anypony who would want to spill any beans because beans are for eating, and sometimes eating too much beans can make you go-" Rarity placed her hoof over Pinkie's mouth.

"Darling, please don't," Rarity cringed as Twilight, Starlight, Sunset and Spike's jaws dropped as the five mares all knew about Twilight's crush on Flash. Twilight now realizing that her friends knew the truth, blushed and closed her eye bracing herself for a bunch of teasing. But then she felt a hoof on her shoulder and opened her one of eyes to see Applejack infront of her and the other four mares all smiling with sympathy.

"What Pinkie meant was, that we are here for ya sugarcube," Applejack started.

"We understand that this is the first time you felt for somepony like this," Fluttershy continued placing her on Twilight other shoulder.

"And that it be no fun for you if we laughed and teased you about something your not use to," Pinkie added bouncing close to her.

"That's why we want you to know that we will fully support you through this anyway we can. Right, Rainbow Dash?" Rarity finished as everypony looked at the rainbow maned pegasus who was the first they figured would tease at Twilight.

"Y-Yeah, what they said." Rainbow Dash stammered at the glares coming at her from all angles.

Twilight was so touched by what she just heard from them and had few tears in her eyes, she was so lucky to have such supportive and understanding friends. "Ooh! Thank you, girls, your the best friends a mare could ask for!" They all gave a big group hug. Sunset, Starlight and Spike joined the hug. When they broke the hug Twilight knew in her heart and mind that it was time, "Everypony I've made a decision." Twilight announced as the 7 mares and dragon looked at her, curious about the confident smile on her face.

"I'm gonna go and tell Flash I love him!" She said loudly and proudly as she pumped her hoof in the air confidently.

Everyone in the room was surprise by Twilight determination to confess her feelings all of sudden. Though they were happy she was doing this they were concerned if she was rushing into things. Twilight could see the concern on their face but waved her hoof to reassure them. "Don't worry guys, I'm know I'm ready. With all of the support and confident you've given me I know that I can tell Flash that I love him." She reassured them as they looked at each other for a moment before looking back at her smiling in support.

"Well if your sure Twi, then we're behind ya with every step of the way!" Applejack said as the others voiced their agreements.

"Then let's all take the first train for the Crystal Empire!" Twilight announced, the seven ponies and baby dragon cheered and made their way to the train station and enjoyed the train ride to Northern Equestria. While on the ride Twilight's friends started congratulating her for being so bold to confess to her crush with just a week of preparing for it. Twilight blushed from all the compliments she was getting while she was still a little nervous about telling Flash she loved him and about how Shining would take it, but the confidence she gained from the support of all her friends put those worries to rest and she would deal with her big brother later.

they were soon approaching the Crystal empire and everypony were getting excited about what was about happen to their best friend there. Twilight on the other hand felt her worries bubbling back up about confessing her feelings to Flash again, until she felt Sunset put a comforting hoof on her shoulder silently telling it was going to be okay. Twilight smiled and placed her hoof on Sunset's and looked towards to the Crystal Empire knowing her love was waiting.


Earlier at the Crystal Empire Flash was waking up and brushing his mane preparing for another day in the Crystal Empire. He got a good morning cry from his pet Bald eagle who he gave a head rub, "Good morning Stormy, need something?" Stormy squawked in confirmation and then she lifted a a magazine with a picture a nervous Twilight wearing 'The Princess Dress' on the front cover, in her beak. Flash blushed and stared blankly at his pet noticing the smirk on her beak or what looked like a smirk, he knew she was trying tell her to tell Princess Twilight he loved her.

"Ha-ha very funny girl," he said sarcastically snatching the magazine back from the eagle who started making laughing noises, "I am going to tell her but not yet and I don't need a bird to tell me when to do it. Now I'm going to work now so no funny business while I'm gone okay?" He then got his armor on and left the smirking eagle in his house. He than met up with Night Blade who teased him again about his crush. He was so busy glaring at him that he didn't a steam train carrying the very pony he was trying to avoid talking and her friends approaching at the Empire.


As soon as the group have arrived at the Crystal Empire, they disembarked from the train and then made their way to the palace. After a few run ins with some of the crystal ponies who wanted to meet 'Spike the Brave and Glorious', they finally made it to the palace where Shining Armor and Princess Cadence pushed Flurry Heart's baby carriage with Sunburst next them discussing to them a new spell he was making. Shining Armor was very surprised to see his sister and her friends back so soon after her last visit but Cadence smiled having an idea what Twilight was doing here after seeing the determination in her eyes and Sunburst was happy to see he old friend as well.

"Hey there, Twily!" Shining Armor greeted as the Mane 8 and Spike approached them Twilight shared a hug with her brother and sister-in-law and gave a kiss on the cheek to her giggling niece while Starlight shared a hug with Sunburst who also discreetly flashed a warm smile at Sunset. "What brings you all to Crystal Empire? Not that we mind you being here of course." Sunburst asked curiously.

"Just here for some personal matters Sunburst," Twilight said to him then looked to her old foal sitter and gave her a smile telling her she was ready. Cadence smiled and then moved closer to her sister-in-law and whispered while her friends were distracted Shining, "You ready?" Twilight hesitated for a moment but took deep breath put on a determined face and nodded. Cadence's smile grew wider "I saw Flash and another guard just in the grasslands incase your wondering and don't worry I'm here incase Shining Armor tries anything dumb." Cadence said as she and Twilight giggled. After thanking her Twilight left excitedly to for the grasslands to find the orange pegasus.

Twilight's friends saw Twilight leaving and looked at eachother knowingly.

"Ain't no way I'm missing this!" Rainbow said at flew after Twilight.

"We did promise we be there for Twilight." Fluttershy said softly yet excitedly and followed her old friend.

"I for one am certainly not missing this wonderful scene." Rarity declared and join the two pegasi.

"Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh! I want see too!" Pinkie shouted and started bouncing away.

"Well this will sure be a sight for the ages," Applejack said smirking at Sunset who smirked back.

"Might as well get a front row seat of it." Sunset replied as Starlight and Spike nodded and the four followed their friends. Cadence smiled and followed the mares and baby dragon carrying Flurry on her back wanting see this moment as well. As they left, Shining Armor and Sunburst were left confuse so they decided to followed and see what the Princess Friendship was up to.


Meanwhile Flash and Night were leaving the grasslands and heading back to the city. On the way there Night still wanted to know when Flash was gonna confess and it was starting to annoy him. "Look Night I don't care how many times you ask me, I'm only going to tell Princess Twilight when I see her again!" Flash said exasperatedly as Night looked ahead his eye widen before he smirked and turned his eyes to Flash who wasn't looking ahead to see who was coming

"So you'll seriously confess to her only until you see her again." He asked his best friend. Flash groaned as slapped his forehead, "YES! I'll tell her the first chance I see her got it?!!" He screeched and glared and purple unicorn who was looking at something ahead of them and smirking.

He then turned to the orange stallion and said, "Well, here's your chance Flasher.~" he then chuckled and stopped.

Flash looked at him confused but before he could what he was talking he bumped into somepony. He shook his head and his jaw dropped when saw it was Twilight who crashed into him and she looked just as surprised to see him as well. He then remember what he just said to Night early and looked at him panicky and blushing as the Unicorn gave him a 'your on your own' look and trotted away from the glaring and blushing pegasus while faced the lavender alicorn.

He then came over to Twilight's friends who just arrived as they spotted the pegasus Twilight was in love with. "Is that him?" Starlight asked since she never met Flash before now. The Mane 6, Spike and Night nodded to confirm her question. Shining Armor, Sunburst and Cadence carrying Flurry Heart on her back, followed the other ponies as they were wondering what was going on.

"T-Twilight," Flash stuttered in a surprised tone. "I-I uh wasn't expecting to see you so soon after your last visit. Looks like bumping into each other has become a bit of a habit for us hasn't it?" Flash joked as he and Twilight laughed, "So uh, what can I do for you?" he asked after recomposing himself.

Twilight blushed as she now realized it was now or never and right here and now she preferred the former. She used the breathing technique to calm her nerves, 'Ok, here goes nothing.' she thought as she turned her blushing face to Flash. "Well Flash, the truth is...I came all this way to tell you something... very important," the alicorn paused feeling a little nervous as Flash looked at her wondering what she could want talk with him about that could be so important.

"Would somepony tell me what is going on here?" Sunburst asked not understanding the situation. All the mares giggled at the very sight as they were all fillies again while Night Blade and Spike smirked as they knew where this was going.

"You'll see, Sunny." Starlight said to him winking as Sunburst blinked in confusion.

"Honey?" Shining asked Cadence as he was just as confused but Cadence just patted he back and smiled at him, "Just watch sweetheart." She said returning her attention to her sister in law and her crush.

Twilight had him where she wanted him, and she had to let it all out now so she had to finish what she had to say to him. "Flash, I wanted to say that I have been thinking a lot of you lately, so much that I can't seem to focus on anything else without you occupying my thoughts. I wanted to say that I really enjoy your company, and you've been such a gentlecolt towards me and you're very kind, funny, noble. I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

Everypony waited with anticipation to hear Twilight to complete her confession. Shining Armor didn't like where this was going one bit glaring at Flash. He made an attempt to put a stop to this, but he was stopped by his wife who stepped on his tail. Shining Armor winced and turned to his wife who shot him a glare telling him not to even think about it and he caved and reluctantly trotted back while Night snickered a bit at Shining lack of backbone. Then before anypony else could say or do anything Twilight said the five word that changed everything.

"Flash Sentry, I love you." Twilight finished blushing as Flash's eyes widened and he jay dropped.

Cadence, Rarity, and Fluttershy gave a small squeal. Applejack, Sunset and Rainbow Dash did a three-way hoofbump and Pinkie Pie ran across the floor Three Stooges style, "Whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop!" she cheered, Flurry clapped her hooves and giggled as she could feel the raw love power all around her. Starlight smiled brightly as Sunburst stood with his mouth opened and his glasses fell slightly and Spike and Night Blade pumped their hoof/claw downwards cheering 'Alright!'. Shining Armor just stood there with his mouth open staring blankly as he did not believe what his little sister just said.

Flash blushed not expecting he crush to actually be in love with him already. Once he saw Twilight waiting for his response he slapped his hooves across his face knocking him out of his daze. Once he did he took his helmet and scratched the back of his head and blushed almost as much as Twilight. "Well, that's good news because I have to say that I love you too, Princess Twilight Sparkle. In fact to be honest I've loved you since you were still a unicorn at Celestia's school in Canterlot." he admitted as Twilight and the others behind them (except for Night who grinned) gasped that Flash loved Twilight before she even did and Shining jaw dropped even lower.

"R-Really?! you-you do?!" Twilight asked thinking this was too good to be true as smalls tears of joy appeared in her eyes and Flash nodded.

"I would've told you sooner but-" Flash tried to say but was cut off when Twilight place a hoof on his mouth. "Don't, it doesn't matter anymore what your reasons were." she said removed her hoof from his muzzle as the two ponies looked at each other.

"Your right, it's doesn't matter," Flash said as he place a hoof a Twilight right cheek and smiled, "But THIS does matter." The two ponies looked at each other for a second as their faces got close to one another as they gave a light kiss on the lips. Flash Sentry was now officially Twilight Sparkle The Princess of Friendship's coltfriend. The friends and family behind them cheered with pride and happiness for them.

"Yeah, Finally!" Spike cheered.

"Way to go, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well ain't that sweeter than a bag full of sugar," Applejack said.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy squeaked as tears brimmed her eyes.

"That was so beautiful," Rarity said, while sobbing.

"This calls for a party!" Pinkie pulled out her party cannon and fired some confetti.

I knew you can do it, Twilight," Starlight said.

"I certainly wasn't expecting that." Sunburst said straightening his glasses as Starlight looked at him and they both smiled.

Sunset had a few tears in her eyes feeling very happy for the pony who help turn her life around for admitting her feeling but feeling a little jealous since she dated the other Flash Sentry and wished she had somepony special. "That's my boy Flasher!" Night said as Sunset turned to him noticing he did looked pretty cute. Night saw her looking at him and put on a grin, "Night Blade pleased to make your acquaintances beautiful." he flirted as grasped her hoof.

Sunset was amused by his actions and decided answer it back in kind. "Sunset Shimmer and the pleasure all my hot stuff." the two unicorns stood close as looked to their two best friends still kissing.

Cadence giggled as Flurry cheered for her Aunty Twily and her new coltfriend, "This is so sweet. I knew Twilight would let it out sooner or later. Aren't you happy for them, Shining Armor?" Cadence asked, but no answer came. "Shining Armor?" Shining Armor just stood there and he fainted on the floor.

Everypony just looked at the Prince of the Crystal Empire as he's unconscious. "Silly Shining Armor, you shouldn't take a nap in the middle of the grasslands," Pinkie told the unconscious unicorn stallion.

"I don't think he's taking a nap, Pinkie," Cadence told the pink earth pony rolling her eyes at her husband's reaction as Flurry giggled at how funny her daddy was.

"Uh Cap?" Night asked, "Yo, You okay?"

"I wonder how he'll react when he wakes up," Starlight said nervously knowing how protective of Twilight Shining Armor was.

"Hopefully for Flash's sake, very well." Sunburst said as Sunset nodded.

Twilight and Flash finished their kiss only to realize that they had an audience. The newly formed couple blushed as they walked towards everypony who were grinning or smirking. Night then approached Flash and gave him a noggie. "Congratulations Flash! Your officially a stallion with a marefriend." He said as Flash broke free from the his headlock and blushed Twilight giggled his messed up mane. He fixed it up and bumped Night's shoulder. "Well I would be surprised if you had YOUR eyes on some lucky mare.~" he teased.

Night than turned to Sunset who smiled, "You could say that." he said as Flash rolled his eyes. Twilight then finally noticed Shining Armor had fainted. She then asked. "What's the matter with him?"

"Let's just say that he had his own way of expressing his happiness," Cadence explained as she hugged Twilight.

Twilight and Flash looked at eachother nervously knowing they had a lot to explain to Shining Armor. But it didn't take long for the unicorn to wake up. "I just had the strangest dream. I dreamt that my sister and Sentry just said that they loved each other and were kissing each other on the lips right infront of us," Shining Armor said.

"Um..." everypony said in unison. Twilight and Flash avoided eye contact with him and blushed, Sunset and Applejack rubbed one foreleg with the other, Fluttershy hid behind her mane, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash rubbed her hooves together and smiled nervously, Starlight and Rarity bit their bottom lips and brought a hoof to their mouths, Sunburst fidgeted his glasses whiled darting his eyes, Cadence tapped her front hoof and looked concerned and Flurry Heart just tilted her head curiously "Well Cap the thing is..." Night trailed off smiling nervously.

"Actually it wasn't a dream, it really just happened. Just before you lost consciousness," Spike told Shining Armor suddenly as everypony looked at the little dragon shocked.

"SPIKE!!!" Twilight admonished Spike. Spike covered his mouth when he realized what he had just said. "Oops. Sorry." He apologized looking sheepish.

"Busted." Night Blade said as Flash started sweating a lot.

"WHAT?!" Shining Armor yelled in outrage so loud the entire Crystal Empire could hear him.

Author's Note:

Well the good news is that Twilight and Flash have Finally confessed their feeling for each other but the bad news Shining armor is not happy about it.

I also like to apologize for the long wait compared to the other chapters I have been really busy with my School work and helping around the house that didn't have a lot of time to work on this. But now it's done.

Also for those of you wondering I decided to extend this chapter by adding Flash's morning and the train ride because it seemed a bit too short for my taste.

Also Flash pet eagle, Stormy is my OC since I felt it was a perfect fit for him. And for those of you who saw the Light Nightset scene at the end I can assure you, you'll see more later in story.

Next time Shining will tell exactly what he thinks about this relationship and I can't promise he'll be that convince until two royal mare come on the scene

Until Then NINJAAAAAAAAAAA-GO!!!!