• Published 2nd Apr 2020
  • 1,069 Views, 6 Comments

Back to the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight Sparkle, along with her five closest friends, her family, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and two of her Mobian friends accidentally end up back in the past, the time where their Mobian friends originally came from.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,069

Prologue: An Accidental Start to Adventure

Prologue: An Accidental Start to Adventure


(Twilight Sparkle's Point of View)

Well, my friends and I had quite an adventure with the Mobians that came crashing into my castle. But now, I'm just happy that we get to relax. I was bored when there was no Friendship Problem for me to solve, but I'm okay.

Besides, my whole family is coming over. My parents, my brother Shining Armor, my sister-in-law Princess Cadance, my nephew Guard Armor, and... the newest member of our family, Flurry Heart. She's a little more fussy than Guard Armor was, and Guard was a little bit jealous that Flurry was getting more attention, but I'm sure he'll get over it.

M.C., Mutt and Ava had already gotten used to living here in Equestria as well. Sure, most of the ponies aren't used to them yet, but they just let them do what they want. They aren't doing anything illegal. But now, we're getting used to our newest guest in the castle, Starlight Glimmer.

Also, Joshua has been getting used to being a pony. Sure, he was a little upset that he lost his humanity permanently, but he's doing fine. Plus, he has Nyx as a big sister that'll stick up for him. Speaking of Joshua, he just came into the throne room where I was.

"Hey, Mommy," said Joshua. "They're here."

I looked towards him and said, "Okay, Josh." I then got up from my throne, and Josh led me to the family room. There, we saw my whole family there.

"Hey, Twylie," said my brother. "How have you been doing?"

"Pretty good," I told him. "Things have been calm around here. So far, nothing has yet to happen. The only thing that has happened the last two weeks were when Pinkie Pie and Rarity went to Manehattan for two different things, and Nyx, Joshua and their friends helping a colt find his special talent."

"Well, I'm sure things will turn up eventually," said Mom.

"Well, not yet," I said. Then a rumble came. We all were startled. "Let me go check on something." I then teleported out of the room and into another room. There, I saw scorch marks on the table in the middle of the room, making it look like something exploded.

"I told you this wouldn't work," came M.C.'s voice. I then turned towards him, and I saw him and Starlight wedged into the wall. "I was trying to warn you, but you didn't listen."

"How was I supposed to know it was going to explode if I put in more sulfur?" asked Starlight.

"I told you that before you did it," said M.C. "I've experienced that same recipe a while ago. On Earth. You were being careless. Sometimes, you have to listen to someone that knows what you're doing."

"He's right, Starlight," I said. "Sometimes, it's important to listen to your friends when they're trying to warn you on what you're doing." Then I used my magic, and took them out of the wall. Then I looked around. "Where's Mutt?"

"Bathroom," said M.C. "You know what they say, when you gotta go, you gotta go."

I then thought about it, and I nodded, saying, "Yeah, that's true. Anyway, maybe you should take a break from your work."

"Speaking of the bathroom," said Starlight. "I have to use it. I'm still lost around here."

"Just follow the golden path I'm leading," said M.C. Then Starlight started following a path that M.C. was leaving her. "One day, I have to work on a directory around this place."

"Yeah, that's a good call," I said. "Hey, have you seen Ava? I haven't seen her in two weeks?"

"Oh, she's helping miss Yearling on her next adventure," said M.C. I then went wide-eyed, and then looked at him.

"You know... that A.K. Yearling...?" I asked.

"Is Daring Do," said M.C. "Besides, she's not the first live action book character I've seen."

"Wow," I said. "You are good. Does Mutt know?"

"I didn't tell him," said M.C. "Neither does his mom. Besides, he thinks that his mom is going to be helping out with the writing of the next Daring Do book."

I then started laughing, pounding the floor with my right hoof. Then I said, "Yeah, I guess she is." I then whispered into his ear. "Let's just hope that Mutt doesn't find out."

"Yeah," said M.C. "He would be freaking out."

"Anyway, let's get something to eat," I said. "I'm starving."

"Good call," said M.C. "How about I make some spaghetti?"

"Sounds good," I said.


M.C. made a huge batch of spaghetti for all of us. We were all enjoying our meal.

"So, how have you been doing for so long, Michael?" asked my mom to M.C.

"I've been doing good," said M.C. "It's been quite the adventure here. One adventure after another."

"And but I guess some adventures don't come on for a while," said Mutt. "M.C. and I travel across the country back in our time."

"Luckily, I was at the right place at the right time when someone was in danger," said M.C.

"So, M.C.," said Cadance. "Did you have any girlfriends back in your old time?"

"I dated once," said M.C. "But, when she and I kissed... it turns out it was just lust, not love."

"I'm sure you'll find a girl that'll be happy with you," said Cadance.

"Yeah," said my dad. "There's someone out there for every creature."

Then the door opened and in came the rest of my friends. Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, y'all," said Applejack. "How's it goin' ev'rypony?"

"We're doing good, Applejack," I told her.

"Well, that's good to hear," said Rarity. "It is good to see your whole family here."

"It's good to see you all as well," said Cadance. "I just hope that we won't be such a bother."

"More bother of a time when Flurry Heart broke the Crystal Heart with her cry, and M.C. and I could barely hear anything for the half hour after it happened?" Mutt asked.

"Luckily you got your hearing back before the Crystalling happened," said Spike. Then the sound of something crashing came from down the hall. "What was that?"

Then M.C. had his eyes glowing in a golden aura, and then he said, "That... is Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Hm. That's odd. Where's Dinky?"

"Dinky's with her mom and her sister on vacation," said Nyx. "She won't be back for two weeks."

"I'm guessing she'll do her schoolwork while she's on vacation?" I said.

"Of course," said M.C. "She's got two weeks of homework to do when she's gone."

Then Starlight Glimmer and the three other Crusaders came into the room. Starlight said, "Twilight! Something's going on in the throne room!"

Then we all got up, and headed towards the throne room. We burst through the door, and saw the Cutie Map releasing energy, sending it up in the middle of the room, and then a portal opened up.

"What's going on?!" asked Mom.

"No..." said M.C. "Not one of those."

"What is it, M.C.?" asked Fluttershy.

"That's a time vortex!" shouted M.C. Then we all got sucked in towards the portal.

"Whoa!" I said. "What's happening?!"

"It's sucking us in!" shouted Twilight. "Hang on, everypony!"

Then Mutt was pulled in, shouting, "WHOA!!" But M.C. grabbed him before he was sucked in. "Thanks!" M.C. was groaning, trying to keep Mutt from being sucked in.

The suction was too powerful. It sucked in basically everypony, except Starlight. The suction made us push M.C. in, and we all were sucked into the portal. Then we blacked out.


I woke up, groaning. I got up, and put a hoof to my head. Only to feel a hand instead of a hoof. I looked at my body, and saw that I was in a weird bodysuit that matched my mane. I also saw my tail.

"What?" I asked. "That's... weird." I then looked at the rest of me. It was like I was a human pony. I felt my face, and it felt like that muzzle that Mutt and his mom has. I then felt my horn area, and... my horn was still there. I looked on my back, and there were my wings. Then I saw my friends and family. They all looked like they had the same kind of transformation, but my dad, my brother, Joshua and Guard didn't seem to be wearing any bodysuits. Then I just realized, we looked Mobian versions of ourselves. I knew I had to wake everypony else, so I shouted, "WAKE UP, EVERYPONY!!"

Then everypony woke up from my shouting. They all woke up, and saw what has happened to them.

"What the...?" asked Shining Armor. "What has happened to us?"

"I don't know," I said. "I just woke up like this, too."

Then I heard Mutt groaning. Then he looked around and said, "Hey. Where's M.C.?"

We looked around the room, and saw that M.C. wasn't in the room. I then asked, "Good question, Mutt. Where is M.C.?"


(M.C.'s Point of View)

I woke up, and I was in some weird container for some reason. I then broke out of that container, and found myself in some kind of weird jungle area.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"Simulation Battle Starting," came a computer voice. "Simulated opponent selected. Selected opponent: Biolizard. The Prototype of Shadow the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Life Form."

Then a huge lizard came out of the sky. I smiled and said, "Interesting. I was hoping for more of a challenge. Let's see what this artificial enemy can do."

The simulated creature fired an energy blast from it's mouth, and I dodged it. I know it wasn't the real thing, but these guys wanted to test me. No doubt that this place was simulated by GUN. I then started running around this fake Biolizard, and then I started running onto his head, and shredded its weak spot on the back of this creature. Then the fake Biolizard roared in pain, and it went dead.

"Simulation over. Recorded time: Zero minutes and 12 point eight six seconds. Data confirmed. You are... Prince Michael Crayton. The Ultimate Avenger."

"Ultimate Avenger?" I asked. "I wasn't called that before." Then I put a finger to my chin and said, "Although, it does have a catchy name to it. "M.C. the Fox, the Ultimate Avenger." I like the sound of that."

"Indeed," came a voice I was all to familiar with. I turned around and saw a black hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog. "About time you got back."

"'Sup, old man?" I asked him. "Where are we?"

"Area 99," said Shadow. "New headquarters for GUN."

"Alright," I said. "Have you seen Mutt?"

"Mutt?" Shadow asked. "As in Benjamin Muttski?" I nodded, scowling at him. My scowl was more angry than he usually is. "I know where he is. But, he's not alone in the room. Some new Mobians are with him."

"New Mobians?" I asked. "What new Mobians?"

"They're all like colored horses," said Shadow. "Four different kinds. Three of them just have wings, six of them have horns, three of them don't have anything, but five of them have both wings and a horn. Oh, and there's also a purple lizard."

"Interesting," I said. "Wait a minute. Does one of the pegasi have a mane and tail that has the colors of the rainbow? And does one of the alicorns have blue dragon like eyes?"

"Yep," said Shadow. "Although, she was the only one of the horses who has those kinds of eyes. It's weird."

"That's because she wasn't born like any normal one of them," I said. "Besides, they're not really horses. They're ponies. And that one isn't a lizard. He's actually a dragon."

"Never seen a dragon like him before," said Shadow. "Allow me to show you where they are." He then led me out of there, and towards one room. Shadow then held out a card, and swiped it on a keypad. Then he pushed a few buttons and then the door opened. And inside were my friends, only they were Mobian versions of themselves. The girls were wearing some body suits to cover up their private areas. Luckily, the boys didn't have any sign of their privates.

"M.C.!" said Mutt. "You're okay!"

"Of course I'm okay," I told him. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"M.C.," said Twilight. "Where are we?"

"We're still on the same world," I said. "But, it's not where we went. But when."

"We're back in the past?" asked Twilight. "As in your time?"

"But how can that be?" asked Twilight Velvet.

"It's a mystery to us as well," I said. "But right now, we need to find a way to get back."

"What do we do?" asked Nyx. She then looked over at Joshua. "Joshua? Are you okay?"

"It... it feels kinda weird being like this," he said. "M.C., where are we going to go?"

"Well, we're gonna need someone who's really smart," I said. "Smart enough to make a Time Machine to send us back to the future," I said.

"Awesome movie," said Mutt. "Hated the swearing parts."

Then Shadow walked in and said, "So, all of them from the future. I know someone who would be able to help. Well, three someones."

"Who?" I asked. Then Shadow handed me a file that has three flaps.

"Three of the smartest people that are able to build time machines," said Shadow. "Option one..." He then opened the file in my hands.

"Miles Prower," I said. There was a head shot of him. "Child genius." Twilight then looked over my shoulder.

"Huh," said Twilight. "He's nicknamed Tails. Why is that?"

"He was born with a slight mutation," I told her. "He has two tails. And it's weird, because he's able to fly with them spinning like a propeller on a zeppelin."

"Wow," said Rainbow Dash. "He's pretty cool."

"Option two..." Shadow said, turning the page. This time, it was a head shot of an otter friend I haven't seen in a while.

"Alexander Hamilton Lynol," I said. "Alex for short. Also known as, Midpoint. Basically, the smartest person on Mobius. Graduated College at age 10. Got a PhD in all technological sciences and mechanics."

"This guy sounds perfect," said Twilight. "Where do we find him?"

"That's gonna be hard to describe," said Shadow. "Sometimes, he finds you when you're looking for him."

"He's able to see all possible futures up to 72 hours," I said. "He must've told you we would be arriving here."

"Actually, he texted me," said Shadow. "To your exact location. But, your third option, you're not going to like."

"Let me guess," I said. "Eggman?"

"Yeah," said Shadow.

"He's out," I said. "No way we're going to give the idea to a time machine to someone who would use it to rule the world through all of time."

"Good call," said Shadow. "I'll get you a ride to Station Square. From there, you're on your own."

"Might... I make a suggestion?" asked Rarity.

"Shoot," said Shadow.

"Might we get some new outfits?" asked Rarity. "These outfits we have are a little... tacky and restrictive."

"Sorry," said Shadow. "But that's the only things he have for you. Plus, you females can't go around naked."

"It's true," I said. "The females wear clothes to keep their private areas covered. The private areas of a female are the chests, and the crotch."

"It's a law here," said Shadow. "Wait a minute. How do they not know this?"

"They weren't Mobians to begin with," I said.

"Okay," said Shadow.

"Luckily..." I said before sighing, "I know someone. And she's in Station Square."

"I'll have some men drop you off there," said Shadow. "Luckily, we got a bus for your transport." Then Flurry Heart teleported herself onto my head. She then giggled. "How did she do that?"

"Ponies have magic," I said. "Different kinds. Unicorns generate magic through their horns to levitate things or use magical spells. Pegasi are able to fly and manipulate clouds. And Earth Ponies have incredible strength and endurance, and they are able to farm things."

"But what about the winged unicorns?" asked Shadow.

"They have all three," I said. "Although, their magic is way more powerful than all the others. And... alicorns are considered royalty."

"Are you saying that five of these ponies are royalty?" asked Shadow.

"Yep," I said. "Well, the white male stallion is this purple one's older brother, and he's married to the pink alicorn, and these two..." I said pointing at Flurry and Guard, "...are his children."

"It's true," said Cadance. "Although, Guard and Flurry were the first two naturally born alicorns. We do things differently in the future. An alicorn must earn her title."

"Okay," said Shadow. "What about her?" Shadow pointed at Nyx.

"She wasn't born like any normal pony," said Twilight.

"What was she? Made in a lab like I was?" Shadow asked.

"Close," I said. "She was created by a cult of ponies with corrupted minds to bring the country to a night eternal. But, they failed, and were released from their corruptions."

"And I adopted her as my daughter," said Twilight. "She has a loving family."

"Alright, so what about this kid?" asked Shadow, pointing at Joshua.

"He's actually... a human turned pony from Earth," I said.

"He's from Earth?" asked Shadow. "Isn't that on the other side of the universe?"

"Yeah," I said. "Just about two years ago, his parents sent him to this world in the future right before Earth was destroyed."

"WHAT?!" asked Shadow. "Poor kid. He's just like you. In a way."

"Yeah," I said. "Who do you think asked his parents to send him here when he was four?"

"You agreed to let them stay on Mobius?" asked Shadow. "But, let me guess, they didn't have enough power to send them all here, so they let Joshua go here alone, but it was time that was the problem. How far in the future were these guys from?"

"10,000 years," I said. "Now, let's get going."

Shadow then led us to a transport room. It looked like it has a lot of jeeps, tanks and...

"Wait, is that a Charter Bus?" I asked.

"Yep," said Shadow. "Alex Lynol payed for it. He says that you can have it." Then he got out a cell phone that was ringing. "He just texted me. He says he's working on the plans for the time machine, but the power source would be hard to get."

"What would that power source be?" asked Twilight.

"He says that it would have to be a power source that would light up a casino for centuries without the use of power plants," said Shadow.

"We're gonna be stuck here for a while," said Shining Armor.

"I'm sure that Alex is able to find that power source," I said. "Now, let's get going."

"Let me see your Driver's License," said Shadow. I then handed it to him. He was checking it. He then chuckled and said, "You got a month left until this license of yours expires. Plus, Alex said that you are all welcome to stay in his mansion in until it's complete."

"Shouldn't he have already have it done?" asked Twilight. "He does have the ability to see all possible futures."

"Well, he said that the power source he'll have will take about three months for it to be finished," said Shadow. "He says you might as well get comfortable here."

"Good call," I said.

"And also," said Shadow, "since you have taken down the most deadliest of enemies that we've faced, you're no longer banned from all hotels."

"Finally," I said. "All of those people thought I shouldn't hold onto the memories of my family. That was just harsh."

"Family is important," said Twilight. "Definitely. Now, should we get going?"

"Right," I said. "Everyone on the bus. Shadow, keys."

He then handed me the keys. He said, "Good luck, kid."

"See ya, old man," said Shadow.

"You traveled to 10,000 years in the future," said Shadow. "Who's the old man now?"

"Still you," I said. I then walked over to the bus, and opened it up. I got in first, and I said. "Looks like they already installed some baby car seats." Then Mutt pulled out something from one of the pockets on his belt. "This little horn shield shall block out magic from Flurry Heart's horn. It was alicorn tested."

"Starlight and I tested this on Twilight and Nyx after we got back from the Crystalling," said Mutt. "Luckily, it's ready." Then Mutt installed it on Flurry Heart, and then twisted it. "Now, it's locked. And baby proof."

"Good call," said Cadance. "So, how long until we get to Station Square? Wherever that is?"

"It'll take about two and a half hours by this bus," I said.

Rainbow Dash groaned and said, "What are we going to do until we get there? We didn't bring anything to do?"

"There's a DVD player installed," said Shadow. "And a CD case full of DVDs for entertainment."

I then pulled out a CD case, and saw DVDs in it. I then saw a movie that I think all of them would like, and said, "Sweet. Zootopia."

"What's that?" asked Apple Bloom.

"It's a movie that's about talking animals," I said. "Like us, but way more complicated."

"Sounds good to me," said Twilight.

Each side of the bus has two seats. So we had assigned seats. Row 1-L, Flurry Heart and Guard Armor. 1-R, Twilight and Mutt. 2-L, Cadance and Shining Armor. 2-R, Nyx and Joshua. 3-L, Twilight Velvet and Night Light. 3-R, Spike, all by himself. 4-L, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. 4-R, Applejack and Apple Bloom. 5-L, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. 5-R, Rarity and Sweetie Belle.

"Alright," I said. "Let's get started. Mutt, you're in charge of the remote."

"Sweet," said Mutt, taking the DVD remote. "By the way, what happened to Starlight?"

"She must've stayed back in the future," I said.

"I just hope she'll be alright all by herself," said Twilight.


Back to the Future...

(Third Person Point of View)

Starlight Glimmer was stunned to see everyone she saw just got sucked into a time vortex. She then looked around, thinking of what to do.

"What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" she asked herself. "Oh, sweet Celestia." Then she went wide eyed. "That's it. Princess Celestia should know what to do." She then ran out of the castle, locked it up, and then headed straight to the train station.

Author's Note:

M.C. and Mutt finally went back to the past. But they didn't go back alone. What are the ponies going to do until they are stuck as Mobians for a while.

Like and comment on my stories.