• Published 2nd Apr 2020
  • 1,069 Views, 6 Comments

Back to the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



Twilight Sparkle, along with her five closest friends, her family, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and two of her Mobian friends accidentally end up back in the past, the time where their Mobian friends originally came from.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,069

Chapter 2: Road Trip

Chapter 2: Road Trip


(M.C.'s Point of View)

We all prepared to leave. It's gonna be a long drive from Station Square to Bayside City. Three days, four tops. And since we had five more passengers here, we had some more seats to fill. Sonic and Tails sat in 6-L and Sonia and Amy sat in 6-R. Cream asked is she and Cheese would be able to sit in row 3-R with Spike.

Before we left, we got breakfast. And, for some reason, Earth had some of the same restaurants that we had. IHOP, Denny's, Mel's Drive-In, Applebee's. It was weird for us who went there. We went to an IHOP, and basically, all of the ponies chose the meals that were vegetarian. We then left to get back on the open road. Sonia gave me directions to which hotel we're going to have to stop at for a good night's sleep.

We went past a lot of roadside attractions. Some only Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Twilight and the young kids would like to see. Of course, Sonic thought it would be a good idea to give them some souvenirs from those places. But it was a little annoying that he brought a bunch of paddle balls for the kids to enjoy.

"Could you all stop playing with those things?" I asked. "It's a bit distracting."

"Rule number one on the open road!" said Mutt. "Don't distract the driver!"

"Sorry, M.C.," said Sonic. "But, I just thought that the kids would like something they would enjoy. Plus, I checked the DVDs in that case. I saw a bunch of movies that seem okay, but I thought that they would like to watch something that might have a little more... excitement."

"What are you talking about?!" I asked. "What movie?"


Apparently, Sonic smuggled in an action movie. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It was a little too much for some of them, but it was pretty awesome for some. Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Shining Armor and Joshua found it to be exciting. But, most of the rest thought it was a little too much.

"That... was... AWESOME!" shouted Rainbow Dash.

"It definitely was!" said Scootaloo. "Although, those weird sound effects blocking some words were a little annoying."

"They were blocking off words that kids shouldn't hear," I said.

"Oh, you mean swearing?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yes, I mean swearing," I said. "It's not okay to swear in front of a child, or else they would repeat it. It's not cool to swear in front of children. I'm guessing that Alex installed that program into the DVD player."

"Good call," said Amy. "There are some things not even kids should hear."

"Thank you, Amy," said M.C. I continued driving until I heard someone whimpering. It was Sweetie Belle. "Is something wrong, Sweetie Belle?"

"I need to pee," she said.

"There's a toilet in the back," I told her. I looked back and saw her getting out of her seat, and slowly walking towards the toilet in the back. She was just about out of her row, but she nearly tripped, but Sonic caught her.

"You okay?" Sonic asked.

"I'm fine," said Sweetie Belle. But then she groaned, and then Sonic rushed her towards the bathroom so she could go. Luckily, Sonia programmed her mind on how to use that kind of restroom.

"Sorry about that!" I called out. "Potholes. You know how those are."

"Yeah, potholes are annoying for people who are driving," said Sonia. "It's hard to get them fixed."

"Hey, is anyone else wanting a snack?" I asked. Then everyone raised their hands.

Sonic knocked on the door and said, "Yo, kid. You wanting a snack?"

"Yeah," said Sweetie Belle. "I am craving a snack."

I decided to pull into a gas station, not just for snacks, but I needed to fill the gas tank. I handed Sonia some cash to get them some snacks and drinks while I went to the gas. The gas would cost about 80 bucks. We then got on the road after they all got snacks.


(Joshua's Point of View)

I was looking in the drink section of the gas station. I didn't have some of these drinks ever since I had been sent to Equestria. I just grabbed a bottle of Sprite. I missed the taste of Sprite. Equestria did have a soda brand with a lemon lime drink, but it didn't taste the same. I grabbed a one liter bottle of it.

"Good call," came a voice. I turned around and saw Sonic. "You'll want to keep yourself thirsty for a long drive. Anyway, is it true you came from Earth?"

"Yes," I said. "In fact, I was the only human who survived when Earth was destroyed. My... my mommy and daddy saved me before they were..." I couldn't help but start to cry.

"I know," said Sonic. "It must be hard for you to not see your family again. But, at least they're with you..." He then grabbed my locket, and opened up the photo. "...in here. And in here." He then pointed at my forehead. Then he pointed at my heart. "And in here."

I smiled up at him and said, "Thank you, Sonic."

"I should've known you would know my name," said Sonic. "Since I've been to your world before."

"Yeah," I said. "I'm... I'm gonna head up to the others."

"Okay, kid," said Sonic. "See you on the bus."

I then headed for the cash register area, waiting for the others. But then I bumped into Mommy. I looked up at her and said, "Sorry, Mommy."

"It's okay, Josh," said Mommy. She then took the drink I was holding out of my hands and looked at it. "Sprite?"

"It's my favorite drink," I said. "Before..."

"Oh," said Mommy. "Well, I guess it's okay. But this is a big bottle, don'tcha think?"

"It's a long drive," said Sonic. "As long as he doesn't drink too much at a time, he'll be fine." He came up to us.

"You seem to be a little... cocky," Mommy said to him.

"I was told I'm at my best when I'm cocky," said Sonic.

M.C. came up walking past us and said, "It's true. It's how he beat me in a race."

"Everyone has their own style," said Sonic. "We can't change who we are."

"So, how did the fast five came to be?" Mommy asked.

"It was the race where all the speed types come together to race in the biggest race on Mobius," Sonic said. "We were either allowed to have a hoverboard, or we chose to run. We were only allowed to use the path we were assigned to."

Then Mutt came up to us, and said, "It was my first time in that race. I might not have gotten into the Fast Five, but I was able to get 12 place."

"Well, that isn't so bad," said Mommy.

"One of them kept sabotaging me," said Mutt. "A real bully."

Then M.C. said, "That girl was around your age. And she wasn't a bully. She was picking on you because she likes you."

"Seriously?!" asked Mutt. "How come I wasn't taught that?!"

"There were so many signs of that on TV," said M.C.

"Like what?" asked Mutt.

"'Hey Arnold' for example," I said, giving Mutt an example.

Mutt then said, "Oh, yeah. Good example." Then he crossed his legs. "Be right back." Then Mutt rushed to the bathroom.

"It's also good to go before we get back on the road," said M.C. "We only have one bathroom on the bus. So, we might as well get some bathroom breaks."

"Good call," said Mommy. "We all better keep going."


We were almost to where we were going. Sonic brought in a bunch of action movies, luckily they weren't able to let us hear the bad words. It was a little boring watching the movie, "Avengers: Age of Ultron." But then something outside caught my attention.

Outside, I saw a weird vehicle with, what looks like there was no driver. I then saw a bunch more. Some of them were flying. I then called out, "Um, M.C. There's something outside. A lot of somethings."

M.C. then saw the vehicles in the mirrors and said, "Uh oh. Eggman."

"What?!" said Sonic. He then looked out the window. "Yep. Those are Eggman robots."

"Sonia! Take the wheel!" said M.C.

Sonia then got out of her seat, and ran towards the front of the bus, and she took the wheel, and Sonic and M.C. went out of the bus.


(M.C.'s Point of View)

Right as we're on the road, we're being attacked by Eggman and his robots. Sonic and I got off the bus, and then jumped on top of it. Sonic and I got into battle position.

"Look at what we got here," said Sonic. "A giant, flying egg."

Sonic and I saw Dr. Eggman in his Egg Mobile, flying into what looks like a battle machine.

"Behold!" said Dr. Eggman. "This new machine of mine is going to be your total destruction!"

"Is that a griffon?" Sonic asked, looking at the machine.

"Nah, I think it's a hippogriff," I said.

"You're both wrong!" said Eggman. "This is the machine of your destruction! The Egg Gargoyle!"

"Seriously?" I asked. "You couldn't pick anything more pathetic? Gargoyles are supposed to protect some creepy old buildings. And you should be able to know that."

"I'll show you the way you shall treat me!" said Eggman. "Prepare to be taken down!" Then he pushed a button, and a bunch of missiles and bullets came out, heading towards us. But then, time just slowed down so much, it looks like it's not moving at all.

"Really?" Sonic asked.

"Buses like these are expensive," I said. "Not one scratch should be on this bus."

Imagine this song was playing while Sonic and I were moving every bullet and missile out of the way of the bus, and destroying Eggman's machine.

We used Eggman's missiles, and implanted them into the arms of the Egg Gargoyle, slowly blowing up the machine's tech. Then Sonic rolled himself into a ball, and I spun around like a discus thrower, and threw him right under the places where the Egg Mobile connects to the Egg Gargoyle. Then I jumped on to the machine, grabbed the Egg Mobile, spun around like a counterclockwise spinning top, and threw the Egg Mobile, and Eggman away from us. Good thing we adjusted the direction of the bullets to hit the drones.

Time went back to normal, and all of the things went back to normal speed, making all of the robots and the Egg Gargoyle exploding at normal speed. Sonic rushed back onto the roof and high-fived me.

"That was awesome!" said Sonic.

"You're not the only one who just said that," I said.


(Twilight's Point of View)

I could barely see what just happened, but all of the robots surrounding us were blown up. I was amazed to see them being blown up.

"That... was... AWESOME!" shouted Rainbow Dash. "Those robots being blown up by those pieces of metal and mini rockets! And M.C. and Sonic tearing apart that machine with nothing but their wits and determination!"

Then Sonic and M.C. came back in, Sonic saying, "You saw all of that? You must be pretty fast yourself."

"I'm basically the fastest flyer in Equestria," said Rainbow Dash.

"Alright, Sonia," said M.C. "I'm taking back the wheel."

"On it," said Sonia. "Switching to coast for a few seconds."

Sonia then got out of the seat, and had M.C. take back the wheel. She then headed back down the rows. I then said, "You seemed to keep your cool under dangerous situations. How are you so brave?"

"Well, I can't basically tell you how I keep my cool," M.C. said. "But basically, I'm just trying to keep all of those who need help safe. It's when the people around you are in danger that gives you the confidence to protect them."

"Wow," said Twilight. "I never thought about it like that. I wish I could be as brave as you. You're basically fearless."

"Not entirely true," said M.C. "We're all afraid of something. Take it when you lost Joshua to Sombra the first time. He was scared when King Sombra before he was taken to that cave. You were scared that you would never see him again. But, you did what one in a thousand mothers would do. Do whatever legal thing to get your son back."

"He's got a point, Twylie," said Shining. "You would do anything to protect your friends and family. Even if you don't know what you're doing when you're doing it."

"True dat, dude!" said M.C.

I looked over at Nyx and Joshua behind me, and the two of them were talking about what has happened. I then turned around and said, "Yeah. I guess both of you are right. Then I looked ahead and said, "How long until we get there?"

"It'll be a few more hours," said M.C. "Although, it's time for a lunch break. Sonia, what's around here?"

"There's a Subway coming up," said Sonia. "Take this next exit."

Then we pulled off the highway for lunch at a restaurant called Subway, and we had a picnic like lunch. At least the weather was nice.

Author's Note:

If you don't know why I had music put in music during the slow motion parts, here are some examples:

(X-Men: Days of Future Past)
(X-Men: Apocalypse)
(Sonic the Hedgehog (Paramount))